Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48607 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
hairyman:
Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow yourself to be cowed by any DISCO.
NERC works, efficiently. What all these DISCOs bank on is your ignorance of that fact and the psychological pulverization they cause by issuing these outlandish bills.

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Write a petition to the business manager of the unit covering your area. The letter must clearly state what you want. Specifically request for the review of your bills starting from a specific month.
Give details of your power supply if you can. Just make everything clear so they cannot deny by virtues of ambiguity. Attach all relevant bills.
When you go to submit the letter, make a photocopy. Demand that they sign "received" on the photocopy. Keep that copy intact!
Give the DISCO 15 working days, then write to NERC forum covering your area.

Again be very precise. Ask for a review and refund of excess bills you have been paying. There is not time limit: you can ask for review for 3 years back onwards.
Attach all the bills, the letter you wrote to the DISCO (remember that signed photocopy?) and any other relevant evidence (in my sojourn at NERC Ibadan against IBEDC, I calculated my normal energy consumption based on average power supply and the gadgets in my apartment and attached it to my letter)
NERC will invite you for arbitration with your DISCO. Be prepared, remember you will be arguing against crooks.
In my case the excessive bills was wiped at NERC Ibadan.

For my Lagos apartment, I got a refund of about 250k after i wrote for a review and refund of 6 months bill or thereabout.

Note that it is a continuous struggle. Even after NERC has ruled in your favour the DISCO will act reasonable for a while then return to the exhortionist billing (a crook will always be a crook). Dont worry, give it time to make the fight worth your while then start over again, you will get your refund.

How fast NERC attends to your petition depends on the work load. In Lagos, it took almost 5 months, while at Ibadan, it was just 3 weeks.
But both times I got my money either back or debt deleted.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE EVERYWHERE.

WE NEED TO MAKE DISCOS responsible by showing them that they are wasting their time.

P.S: Thinking about it now, my petition to NERC Lagos took about 3 months to achieve an effect, not 5 months.
I wrote in February 2019 and the issue was resolved before the May bill (April energy consumption) was delivered.
Period reviewed extended from November 2018 (my specific request)

PPS: The extortionist billing started after about 2 months. I have been paying it because it has not been worthwhile petitioning against.
It has been 10 months now and the amount has become worth fighting for so I have begun another process with the submission of the petition to EKEDC.
Counting down to 15 days!

I agree completely with you about the NERC. I got my bill wiped by the EKEDC after the NERC contacted them on by behalf, based on my petition. And they assured the NERC that they will install a prepaid meter for me. It took about 9 months though. But it's worth the effort and time. I tried getting my neighbors to join me in writing the petition but they were not interested. They did not believe it would amount to anything. Now my bill is about #4,500/month while my neighbors are getting #19,000/month.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Malawian(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
neonly:

It seems me and you are sharingd same fate
Dis same amount was brought sent to an apartmentnot the whole house ooo
They do some kind of reading in the transformer and then they divide the money to every customer on that line. I have seen one of them use calculator to apportion bills right in my shop.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
executive12:

While you should continue to pay the #3,500, you should write a complaint to the DISCO for adjustment. If no positive response, escalate to the NERC. As soon as the NERC contacts them, you should get a positive response from the DISCO.
For the DISCOs, the fear of the NERC is the beginning of wisdom.

Thanks. A lawyer friend of mine has given me this same advice. I've just not brought myself to write that letter
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
adanny01:

You probably didn't follow the procedure.

Exactly. NERC definitely works. It may take time though. In pursuing a complaint, NERC advises customers to keep paying part of their bill they agree with. You must be paying something every month.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:

No AC.
Deep freezer, giant fridge, aircooler, washing machine, fans TV, microwave.
2 bedroom flat

With all these gadgets and you are only using #2000/month?. You definitely tampered with the prepaid meter.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Prokaryote: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
Well I used less than 2k in a month on prepaid for a 2bedroom flat with more than 15hrs of light daily. Get prepaid and free ursef from this robbery.

OP, come to think of it. U are really killing PHCN with this ur uncleared bill, u no suppose get light again for 5years
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by neonly: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Malawian:

They do some kind of reading in the transformer and then they divide the money to every customer on that line. I have seen one of them use calculator to apportion bills right in my shop.

Can u imagine
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emeijeh(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
executive12:

With all these gadgets and you are only using #2000/month?. You definitely tampered with the prepaid meter.
No o.
I was told it's a modern one, doesn't read fast
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ontolegit(m): 8:23am On Mar 16, 2020
vincentjk:

Where's your location?
Ilorin/kwara
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mumu9gerian: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
executive12:

Not true. It may take time, but they do respond.
True sir,i have a 6month old mail that hasnt been responded
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by PDJT: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
- Some people just don’t have any sense of security or safety. Buffoon grobis , is an example. angry Leaving personal details on a faceless forum, no wonder kidnapping is booming in the Zoo!

-Pregnant women stop drinking alcohol during pregnancy ooo! See grobis now.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by UnknownT: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
vincentjk:

I'd have loved to share but the other guy above is already calling me a thief, imagine cry
if people call Discos thieves for estimated billing, you are also a thief for bypassing your PPM. Let's call a spade a spade
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Realty4Live(m): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2020
SHIRO ST IGBOBI
Your Bill for FEB 2020:

Consumption: 756.00
Curr.Charges: N23,137.57
Arrears: N380,582.65
Amt Due: N403,720.22
Due Date: 20 Mar 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com

This is for a small shop in fadeyi
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by uptimum123(m): 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Any update guys regarding the billing issues,have you noticed any form of reduction the newly sent bill for last month's consumption?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
uptimum123:
Any update guys regarding the billing issues,have you noticed any form of reduction the newly sent bill for last month's consumption?
Bills waved for the next three months,,,i think talks still in progress by the FG with the various Discos.
April 1st tarriff canceled..till FN.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Deegirl2(f): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Please I don’t know what to do about the estimated billing in my house, it looks like the person I’m charge of the Nepa runs in my house is the fraudulent person, my Nepa bill is always the highest, I’ve confronted him but he says that’s why I used,
Meanwhile there are many other flats in the house, I’m not even always at home
Is there anything Nepa can do if I go to their office
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Deegirl2:
Please I don’t know what to do about the estimated billing in my house, it looks like the person I’m charge of the Nepa runs in my house is the fraudulent person, my Nepa bill is always the highest, I’ve confronted him but he says that’s why I used,
Meanwhile there are many other flats in the house, I’m not even always at home
Is there anything Nepa can do if I go to their office
if it's an estimated billing. ask that u see the nepa bill itself and then how he arrived at d sharing formula.

also ask ur fellow tenants how much they are always billed
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
PAY AS YOU GO SOLAR
Buy Solar Energy System Today And Pay Small small for 24 Months

***Are you Spending too much on #Fueling #Generator cost every Night?

***Did you know many homes today are saving huge on their energy cost by using this alternative?

***Would you be interested in an alternative that guarantees you save money while enjoying 24hrs Uninterrupted Electricity?

***What if you could buy a #Solar #Energy #System today without hurting your finances by spreading payment conveniently over 24 months in monthly installments?

We have Solar Packages advertised as follows

1.BRONZE
2.SILVER
3.GOLD
4.PLATINUM

1. Pick Application Form(7,Ogunnoiki Street Via Lagos/Benin Expressway Sagamu Ogun State
Sagamu )

Apply Online @ www.brightsenergy.com

2.Select Easy Payment Plan Suit Your Finances Power

3.Make Initial Deposit

4. Sign Contract Agreement

5.Spread Remaining Balance For 24 Months

Only at Bright Energy
Call to place order 07058562938
Whatssap 08187995847
www.brightsenergy.com
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by bigcee(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
tope777:
Prepaid meter,3 Bedroom, 23hrs/day light...average 9k per month, No Generator since 2009.woji -Portharcourt Nigeria grin
Good evening. I just got my prepaid meter installed today grin but I still have an outstanding bill on the Post-paid account. Pls what do I do? I don't want them to bring bill for me again.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by etimcash: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
Please kindly send a sample of the petition letter to me. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Buhari Delivers His Polling Unit At Daura, Katsina For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.