Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48600 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Slaquan: 12:10am On Mar 15, 2020
adanny01:

What does that have to do with overestimating bill of an innocent customer?

I went to complain in their district office and thats what they were telling me. I asked them whether i was the one who bypassed the meter?

The ones they catch pay for the ones that get away.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by fareed69(m): 12:18am On Mar 15, 2020
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Summer7: 4:06am On Mar 15, 2020
Come and remove your wire. We're better without your light. We will not pay more for darkness . NEPA was better. We enjoyed our 2 days OFF 2 days ON yet we paid less. Now we pay even more in darkness. Which country does that to his people in this millennium?

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by sorepco(m): 5:25am On Mar 15, 2020
This is not march bill or Feb bill but an accumulated bill!

Pay ur bill on time n don't let it accumulate...

pocohantas:
What da fûck!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11201615_img2020031406270221584164266895_jpeg25e1888354dd114ef358229599f2c8fd

You have a pure-water factory in your flat?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2020
emmanuelpopson:
I'm happy that I m off their grip of estimated Billings.. just March 3, they came to install the prepaid meter for my flat and I m very glad..a journey of 3/month's was completed and I can rest now...
ikeja electric are the fathers of corruption

Yours was just 3 months?

I had my light disconnected (with disconnection order) and applied for prepaid since August last year. They just brought it last month after several back and forth.

Issue I'm having now is, disconnection was done on the 31st of July, and all outstanding arrears were paid in August, yet I was charged for August, September and October last year (at about 18k per month).

New battle now is how-to rectify that amount so that it doesn't reflect on the prepaid considering we were already disconnected in July
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by syntax50: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:
Prepaid meter, 2k a month.

You get factory 4house??
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by 4gunners(m): 8:06am On Mar 15, 2020
Under16:

You don't understand those arrears came about due to their over billing system...especially months of epileptic power. There are months there we are served with 17k, 16k, 15 k as in for what? For how many persons? Intact, how much electricity did we use that month for u to be charging such an outrageous amount?

Manager will just sit in his office and tell marketers to double bill amount for the next month. And targets must be met...just like banks phcn operate same way.

The word Target irritates me. You bill people for the energy they didn't use in the name of target.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Ryabcool(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

Ur bill is only 17k....not much na
thunder wan fire this man sha

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Under16:

There are months there we are served with 17k, 16k, 15 k as in for what? For how many persons? Intact, how much electricity did we use that month for u to be charging such an outrageous amount?

Manager will just sit in his office and tell marketers to double bill amount for the next month. And targets must be met...just like banks can operate the same way.

I can relate to this. It's all about target and not what u consume.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by trychris: 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
They all just decided to mad for this month's bill. Since Babatunde Fashola left the Ministry, the DISCos have just been misbehaving, commiting fraud yet EFCC is blind to it. Imagine Eko Electric Disco reply after I complained on tripling my bill:

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:
Prepaid meter, 2k a month.

What size of apartment? Any A/Cs ?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by vincentjk(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
sleeknaija:

U are a thief and fraudster.. I pray u will be caught very soon and u will spend some months behind bar sad grin

You left our leaders who are stealing our millions yet praying bad prayer for a regular Nigerian like me

Abeg go sitdown one side and go read "A man of the people" by chinua achebe
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
akinjojo1234:
Try and get a prepaid meter. I have 3 ACs in the house and they are always on once there is light and I never spend more than 15k in a month.

Prepaid rules

#TEAMPREPAID cool
how can one go about the prepaid meter... the bill is too much and now we have outstanding at our end... this estimated billing is a serious wahala
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
GabinoMarket:

Please how do you do it? My prepaid is 10k per week
it has to do with how u consume
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all expect the utility companies to run the business?
and you don't think people should have their prepaid meters agreed some don't pay but imagine a pensioner in his 3 bedroom is given 20k a month has light now turn to gold... there some persons who has stop to pay...let the discos give pple meters then write off some debts while pple pay the rest gradually....

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
vincentjk:

The last time I paid was on December 2018, I told them I no longer need their services and I'm making my sales just fine. At home I use a customized prepaid meter whereby only the electric bulbs and fans read in the meter while all switches including fridge, cooking plates, iron, television are connected direct, no matter how they try they wouldn't find out so 2k card last more than a month for us. A quite big house
you too bypass and make us share higher estimated bills... but how person go get this meter

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by vincentjk(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
you too bypass and make us share higher estimated bills... but how person go get this meter

I'd have loved to share but the other guy above is already calling me a thief, imagine cry
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
nextstep:

... it was working before when it was not privatized bah? It's just all round unseriousness on the part of everybody involved, including customers who like paying below-market-price for electricity yet expect first-class service.
see let everyone have prepaid meter then anyone who bypass can be made to pay....
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
DaRuud:

Can you imagine , I just got a prepaid after spending 40k,

One Mofo AEDC staff came harrasing me that why did I applied for prepaid meter without telling him ,

The idiot was the one serving me bills of 20 to 30 k monthly .

how you take get the prepaid bill...
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
DaRuud:

Can you imagine , I just got a prepaid after spending 40k,

One Mofo AEDC staff came harrasing me that why did I applied for prepaid meter without telling him ,

The idiot was the one serving me bills of 20 to 30 k monthly .

how you take get the prepaid meter...
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
Under16:

That's a topic for another day. We are talking abt estimated billing and meeting of targets by disco marketers. There jobs are at stake. If targets ain't met no salary or probably half payment.
those of us wey DE manage jobs uncore na we go kon de spend money to pay outrageous bills it seems u are staff... this is wickedness a man o know retired soldier DE brought 15k for him just 3 bedroom ooo and 2 other rooms he rent out wetin d man de use... simple solution let everyone have meters... just like airtime usage I can buy 200 naira airtime and it can stay for 6 months if I don't use it
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
emmanuelpopson:

its a lie.. I registered, pay for my prepaid meter without knowning anybody.. its all about patient.are you under ikeja electric? its a systematic thing. so easy like a pack of cards... you register, they confirmed your payment.. they they come for inspection at your vicinity to know to know the kinda meter you gonna need ..single phase or three phases.. Afterwards they will message you on the amount to pay and the banks to make payment to...all these are done via e-mail... I did same to my apartment and three prepaid meters are paid for now... one was installed last week March 3... though I paid February 12.. you see. its simple. I only know of Ikeja electric ooo..dunno about other discos
please what's the process for this prepaid meter let's apply for it...cos the estimated billing is killing...abeg direction on how to get it...
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
please what's the process for this prepaid meter let's apply for it...cos the estimated billing is killing...abeg direction on how to get it...

its a systematic way..can I pm you... then we discuss more...
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emeijeh(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
executive12:

What size of apartment? Any A/Cs ?
No AC.
Deep freezer, giant fridge, aircooler, washing machine, fans TV, microwave.
2 bedroom flat
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
emmanuelpopson:

its a systematic way..can I pm you... then we discuss more...
OK
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
Imarnuel08:
Mine is N99,000 plus. Thank God it's a rented house so I just pay my flat rate of N3,500 every month

While you should continue to pay the #3,500, you should write a complaint to the DISCO for adjustment. If no positive response, escalate to the NERC. As soon as the NERC contacts them, you should get a positive response from the DISCO.
For the DISCOs, the fear of the NERC is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Babakent:
Why is nobody talking about numerous people who have prepaid meters and have by passed their meter?

That would be majority of the prepaid meter users. That is why the DISCOs are charging excessive estimated bills.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
vincentjk:

The last time I paid was on December 2018, I told them I no longer need their services and I'm making my sales just fine. At home I use a customized prepaid meter whereby only the electric bulbs and fans read in the meter while all switches including fridge, cooking plates, iron, television are connected direct, no matter how they try they wouldn't find out so 2k card last more than a month for us. A quite big house

In other words, you are bypassing the prepaid meter. You are the reason your neighbors are getting excessive estimated bills. You will eventually be caught and made to pay a hefty fine.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
mumu9gerian:

NERC useless.
They dont respond to mails

Not true. It may take time, but they do respond.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
nuti:
They brought a bill of 250,000 naira. To a house not occupied at all
I wont pay a kobo

Were they officially informed in writing, that the flat is empty? When a flat becomes empty, the landlord is supposed to write the DISCO to inform them. Otherwise, they will continue to send bills. The landlord should go see them and explain.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by executive12: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
adanny01:

What does that have to do with overestimating bill of an innocent customer?

I went to complain in their district office and thats what they were telling me. I asked them whether i was the one who bypassed the meter?

This is how the billing is calculated: There is a Feeder with Meter that serves a given area. At the end of the month, the Disco staff will go to the central Feeder and read the total amount of energy consumed by the customers in that area. Then they will subtract the total amount recharged by the Prepaid Meter users. The balance is shared among the estimated bill customers, usually equally.
So, if a lot of the Prepaid Meter users cheat (and most of them do), the bill for the estimated bill customers will increase.
So the Discos are basically holding the estimated bill customers responsible for the cheating being carried out by their neighbors. It's unfair but that's what's going on. The Discos need to find a way to catch the cheaters and penalize them.
In any case, if you are aware that a neighbor is cheating, it will be in your interest to report them. The cheating is not only when they are tampering with their meters. It could be someone operating a mini factory from their house. That would increase the bill for the neighbors and needs to be reported. No Mr Nice guy or Ms Nice lady here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by vincentjk(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
executive12:

In other words, you are bypassing the prepaid meter. You are the reason your neighbors are getting excessive estimated bills. You will eventually be caught and made to pay a hefty fine.

Stfu there

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tribunal Verdict: Bayelsans Hit The Street In Jubilation [Photos] / Doyin Okupe Embarrasses GEJ On Twitter / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.