Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48596 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by kaysy(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
This bill is about the highest bill we've ever received.

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by eyoniggar(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
Seems people still dey learn for una area..i just left their office now, nobody was there to tackle this bill. Though I just applied for prepaid, and i got this, apparently the highest bill i ever received. I am going to dispute this to the last.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emonis88: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
SciLab:
This is why most of these DISCOs hate prepaid meter. They'll keep frustrating prepaid meter distribution till they milk Nigerians to death with their crazy estimated billing methods.
That d 100 percent truth, the discos hate prepaid meters with passion cus it prevents their theiving opportunities with estimated billing. That estimate bills has to be outlawed in Nigeria. These discos r theives all of them. They don't want people to get the prepaid meters at all. They frustrate every avenue. Even to get u pay through ur nose n the tipping also before they il come n install n u ve to also tip during installation.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mcslize:

Arrange one prepaid for me. I heard u can't get it without connection. How true is that?
Actually true this days. I worked with them in 2010. So, it was easy to connect with one of my boss to get one.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
overdrive:
Is this bill for an estate

His current bill is 18k.

The rest appears to be overdue payments.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
I'm happy that I m off their grip of estimated Billings.. just March 3, they came to install the prepaid meter for my flat and I m very glad..a journey of 3/month's was completed and I can rest now...
ikeja electric are the fathers of corruption

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mumu9gerian: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
Johnbosco1:
Send an irate customer's email to the customer care of the electricity distribution you are under.
Copy complaints@nerc.gov.ng and info@nerc.gov.ng.
Also attach proofs (current and previous bills) if possible.

Don't worry, the email has no unique format. Just make sure you pour out your anger. Ranting is also encouraged.

NERC useless.
They dont respond to mails

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by gambudu: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
OrangeDream:
I bought my prepaid metre with wire for 30k.Since then, i have no regrets. I can use #1500 unit for 2months. Though the unit reduced this month from 48 to 46unit.
if you buy with your money, can u remove it when relocating to another area, coz my landlord isn't ready to buy ?

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
I don’t put on my AC till I’m ready to go to bed ... turn off my tv when I’m not using it and use sunlight even when there’s light so for a 5 bedroom house and 4 bedroom bungalow we pay 53k when there’s marginal supply almost 8 hours a day sometimes just 4 and then they take and bring back. When I was using electric cooker highest we paid was 80k no arrears up to date that’s our way

Surge protector all my precious devices as well
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mcslize:

Arrange one prepaid for me. I heard u can't get it without connection. How true is that?

its a lie.. I registered, pay for my prepaid meter without knowning anybody.. its all about patient.are you under ikeja electric? its a systematic thing. so easy like a pack of cards... you register, they confirmed your payment.. they they come for inspection at your vicinity to know to know the kinda meter you gonna need ..single phase or three phases.. Afterwards they will message you on the amount to pay and the banks to make payment to...all these are done via e-mail... I did same to my apartment and three prepaid meters are paid for now... one was installed last week March 3... though I paid February 12.. you see. its simple. I only know of Ikeja electric ooo..dunno about other discos

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
femmy2010:

Meaning you guys have not paid power bill in more than a year
N258,000 is too much a debt

No, that's not the issue. Those phcn guys are rogues. What do u say when pple get to see light for only ten days and at the end of the month u be served a bill of 17k, 20k for persons not up to five. That huge bill accumulation u see is as a result of over billing... We pay what we can pay and leave the rest for the thieves. Since even their Phcn marketers are given target of how much profit they are supposed to rake in for their managers. Isn't that laughable?

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mumu9gerian: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all expect the utility companies to run the business?
Since you are a foreigner, let me educate you.
Why a lot of people have outstanding is because the bills the DISCOs bring is outrageously high ànd unrealistic.
They even bill empty houses

7 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by gambudu: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
They have gone mad in Ago Palaceway okota, we can stay for days without light, even when they bring the light it will only last max 35-40mins per day. I need someone to answer this question.

Can I remove my prepaid meter when relocating to another apartment, bcoz it seems my landlord is not planning to buy one and I plan to do so ?

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by SweetCunt97(f): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
femi4:
you are part of the problem.

Can I have your meter no, I wanna check something
Are now a nepa guy? Lolzzz getting dirty thoughts here with d meter no thingy... Buhhaaahha
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by invigilator(m): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
Asquare84:

If you really on your land lady she will not do it, but you can negotiate with her and do it by yourself

Purchasing the meter is about 51k, if I do that, the current PHED meter no. will be suspended to the prepaid & there will be complications when I decide to relocate( and of cos I will be moving with my meter) .
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by NoToPile: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all expect the utility companies to run the business?

You still dont get the problem, the estimated bills are too high.

If you have 30k per month and you pay 10k the remaining 20k is still added to the next month and it keeps piling, some house rents are even 20k per month. Prepaid meter users dont use up to that amount.

100k is easy to accumulate just within 5-6 months.

Its not about people not paying the bills, they pay a fraction. You dont expect people to pay 20k for darkness.

I met a debt of over 300k in my own apartment we rented for the 2years it was unoccupied, who will pay for it.

5 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Dinosynthesis: 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Very unfortunate the way things are still going in this country. We keep paying for darkness. There is no light for over two weeks in February, it is still repeating in March. no meter as well and we are forced to pay 4500 per flat. This is happening every month. Govt should please do something about this. EEDC should come and manage their light, provide prepaid meter. We say no to community bill in Oduke layout Asaba Delta State

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
gambudu:
if you buy with your money, can u remove it when relocating to another area, coz my landlord isn't ready to buy ?
I bought it when i was in my former house. When i was ready to leave, i called my boss. He immediately ordered their staffs with hilux to come remove it and put in my new house. Don't know if that is allowed though.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by jaytee01(m): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
Immediately I saw this thread, I knew that it will be the criminals from PHED.
That's the worst DISCO in the country and their service record is disappointing to say the least. The only thing that they are good at is sending extortionate bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by bjgurl(f): 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dollars have increased, so it's allowed no be Nigeria you been dey
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Joeflix257: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
Kabir1808:
Infact in my resident, IBEDC brought almost 20,000 for February bill whereas they brought 3,100 in January. I complained but was told it was the reading on the meter, I then asked why January bill was far lesser, I was told it was estimated. What I noticed is that the DISCOs want to put the burden of NERC sanction of not billing unmetered houses more than 1800 on the customers with meters. My advise is for all not to keep quiet on this issue or else all monthly salaries will be gulp by paying electricity not enjoyed but tag consumed. This country is hypocritical on its masses.

Dear Kabir,
NERC didn't order Disco's to bill all unmetered customers 1800naira... d amount differs by location... while some will get 1800naira other will get nothing less than 10000naira when d new order is implemented.
You can always check NERC website for accurate information...
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
K

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by premiumswizz: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
Eko Electric have finally killed me with this months estimated bill. I can't cope, I am done trying to meet up with the bills.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by premiumswizz: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
Eko Electric has finally killed me with this months estimated bill. I can't cope, I am done trying to meet up with the bills. This last bill is the straw that broke the camel's back.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Iko5000: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mr Foreigner, where in the world do you pay for Darkness and to add insult increase the price for having darkness .I beg park well
Slaquan:

5 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Edet08(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
It’s so unfortunate.

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
sevo:
Two of una alone dey owe NEPA almost 700k....damn!!

That is the problem the DISCOS are facing and the workers there will be expecting salary at month end.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
Have you been served this month's bill? If yes. Let's see how much. Reports reaching our ears says discos are doubling infact trippling the bills...for what na?

Last month it was announced that customers shouldn't pay more than expected, isn't? So why are the discos hiking the price of electricity this month?

This is an estimated billing for March amount was times 2 of the previous amount...for an area that can't boast of reasonable supply of electricity in a day. Which way Nigeria? Which way PHEDC? Exploitation! Robbing the masses!

Eko customers, Ikeja customers, Adamawa customers, Enugu customers etc how far? How much were you billed this March?

OP is that your house rent or PHCN bill shocked

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
Babakent:
Why is nobody talking about numerous people who have prepaid meters and have by passed their meter?

louder

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Oluwapomile1: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2020
tope777:
Prepaid meter,3 Bedroom, 23hrs/day light...average 9k per month, No Generator since 2009.woji -Portharcourt Nigeria grin

Wow! Range of house rent please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ganduje Visits Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III (Photos) / Governor Wike Spotted At UCL Finals / Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Governor Dave Umahi (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.