Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48598 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by tope777(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
The location is stated there, only one question will have deliver you.
Sometimes ,it is 24hrs straight.
Yes same Nigeria.

Xavfra:

Geez!!!
Wtf!!!!

Can you imagine this shit....

And in oyigbo that supplies light for Naija light no dey reach 23 hrs a month
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by 4gunners(m): 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
ayukdaboss:
Some of you here upload your two year debt after not paying any bills and post here making it look like that’s your current bill. I saw a monthly bill of 4K+ and a debt of over 50,000

Don't jump to conclusion, if just moved into a rented apartment, will you pay for the previous energy bill.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Joeflix257: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
4gunners:

Don't jump to conclusion, if just moved into a rented apartment, will you pay for the previous energy bill.

Why will u move into a house that has debt.
When looking for an apartment request for a copy of d Bill...

5 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by 2LESS(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
alizma:

Very well reported. How many rooms?

Electrical energy consumption is not calculated on the size of the house, but on the number of appliances and hours of usage?

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by danniyal(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
4gunners:

It's obvious the guy is still living under his father's roof. He doesn't know how phcn's bill fluctuates and what it means to pay bill based on outrageous estimation
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Rejoice04(f): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
I live somewhere in outskirt of Abuja. I live in 1bedroom and my neighbor a room self contain. Our bill for this month is 2800naira as against 10000naira that we pay monthly.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Agugbadin: 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
FG should criminalize Estimated bill and provide prepaid meter for every consumer
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by nextstep(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
If the privatisation isn't working The Fed govt should acquire it back.

... it was working before when it was not privatized bah? It's just all round unseriousness on the part of everybody involved, including customers who like paying below-market-price for electricity yet expect first-class service.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Slaquan: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
mumu9gerian:

Since you are a foreigner, let me educate you.
Why a lot of people have outstanding is because the bills the DISCOs bring is outrageously high ànd unrealistic.
They even bill empty houses

Same problems here. The state tried to sale the electricity supply in a secret bid and was only barely defeated. The CEO and boardmembers get bonuses and pensions even though they were fired. Overcharge although you are using solar panels. Sometimes the government is not our friend.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Slaquan: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
NoToPile:

You still dont get the problem, the estimated bills are too high.

If you have 30k per month and you pay 10k the remaining 20k is still added to the next month and it keeps piling, some house rents are even 20k per month. Prepaid meter users dont use up to that amount.

100k is easy to accumulate just within 5-6 months.

Its not about people not paying the bills, they pay a fraction. You dont expect people to pay 20k for darkness.

I met a debt of over 300k in my own apartment we rented for the 2years it was unoccupied, who will pay for it.

Agreed
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by pheonixdld2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2020
I spend between 2,000-2,500 monthly. For at least 10-15 hours power using prepaid meter. This 17k bills I have been seeing in this thread is very sad....if you save that 15k for 2 years, it will get you a solid solar power solution

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:

No, you can imagine this broad day light robbery and exploitation by these discos.

If the privatisation isn't working The Fed govt should acquire it back.

It's not the privatization per se. The infrastructure is bare. There's water shortages, gas shortages, plants working at half capacity etc.
Installed capacity: 8.5 gw, actual generation: 4.5gw.( Licensed capacity: 13gw)

And the gas plants that generate most of it are not efficient for the above reasons. There's meant to be a govt/world bank fund to alleviate financial burden as the sector isnt profitable yet, but I dont know how that's going.

And ofc being that there's no actual framework for pricing, explicit regulatory statutes to allow for free market to take charge. They dont want to liberalize the sector and allow big investors in. Well the answer should be clear to us.

The fed govt did a poor job of handling the industry. Nepa in its heyday wanted free gas, no accountability and essentially cost center status with no aim of being commercial and investing in the sector. We need REAL privatization. Afterall the grid is still in their hands. Nobody can touch that.

They also wont allow embedded generation to alleviate the issue in states that can generate extra. The solution is in front of us.

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Dgreatman10: 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all expect the utility companies to run the business?

I didn't blame those people that have these exorbitant arrears, most of them are not at fault.
It's what I've been through b4 we got the prepaid.
Imagine those rogues serving bills to an apartments whose connection line has been disconnected. Who the heck would pay for what he/she hasn't been using, it's not fair.
And where in the world do they use estimated billings? And it's not even a stable supply at that.

5 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Slaquan: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2020
Iko5000:
Mr Foreigner, where in the world do you pay for Darkness and to add insult increase the price for having darkness .I beg park well

You are right. I wouldn't want to pay for darkness but if no one ever pays the darkness never leaves. A perpetual trap. They can't fix it so no one pays. No one pays so they can't afford to improve.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by adanny01(m): 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
Have you been served this month's bill? If yes. Let's see how much. Reports reaching our ears says discos are doubling infact trippling the bills...for what na?

Last month it was announced that customers shouldn't pay more than expected, isn't? So why are the discos hiking the price of electricity this month?

This is an estimated billing for March amount was times 2 of the previous amount...for an area that can't boast of reasonable supply of electricity in a day. Which way Nigeria? Which way PHEDC? Exploitation! Robbing the masses!

Eko customers, Ikeja customers, Adamawa customers, Enugu customers etc how far? How much were you billed this March?

You even have arrears.

Believe me, Kaduna electric would have removed the pole in front of your house. They will never allow you to accumulate arrears. You must pay everything monthly. And if you keep paying they keep increasing because they know you are loyal.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by buchai: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
light in Nigeria suppose to be per flat or per family not the other way round.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by okewumi: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] it will

Be

Very

Shameful

If

Buhari and APC

Could

Not

Resolve

This

Issue

Of

Meter

In

8years
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
In view of ultimatum from NERC, the DisCos are inflating bills to have reason disconnect as many non prepaid customers as possible by the deadline.
EEDC in Awka appear to be working frantically installing prepaid and disconnecting other customers.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mailthaddeus(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
Under16:
Have you been served this month's bill? If yes. Let's see how much. Reports reaching our ears says discos are doubling infact trippling the bills...for what na?

Last month it was announced that customers shouldn't pay more than expected, isn't? So why are the discos hiking the price of electricity this month?

This is an estimated billing for March amount was times 2 of the previous amount...for an area that can't boast of reasonable supply of electricity in a day. Which way Nigeria? Which way PHEDC? Exploitation! Robbing the masses!

Eko customers, Ikeja customers, Adamawa customers, Enugu customers etc how far? How much were you billed this March?
Ur current charge is 18.2k. U have an arrears that is why it's high.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by CioAngels(f): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
They want to quickly steal as much as they can before pa Kyari comes back with Siemens and throw out DISCOS, after all pa Buhari said he will throw then out instead he is given them more money to embezzle without serving consumers.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by adanny01(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2020
Babakent:
Why is nobody talking about numerous people who have prepaid meters and have by passed their meter?

What does that have to do with overestimating bill of an innocent customer?

I went to complain in their district office and thats what they were telling me. I asked them whether i was the one who bypassed the meter?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by holaralph(m): 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
I lives in a storey building, I stayed upstairs which comprises of 1 room apartment (3 units ) not a room self contain, Also at the upstair we have room & parlour apartment ( 3 units ) no self contain up stairs. Downstairs has 5 rooms no self contain and it has 2 units of room & parlour. Below is our current bill.
ALH. SULE S.A.S. / 28. ADEOGUN STREET IJAIYE LAGOS / 0100391128
Your Bill for FEB 2020:

Consumption: 1,115.00
Curr.Charges: N26,130.03
Arrears: N95,088.48
Amt Due: N121,218.51
Due Date: 20 Mar 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com.
ALH. SULE A.S / 28 ADEOGUN STREET IJAIYE ABULE-EGBA. / 0100382680
Your Bill for FEB 2020:

Consumption: 1,115.00
Curr.Charges: N26,130.03
Arrears: N100,088.72
Amt Due: N126,218.75
Due Date: 20 Mar 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com .
Finally, January bill was the highest then, Now that February bill is even higher than January bill. Whenever we complain about all these crazy and estimated billings they will say ( THEY HAVE TARGET TO MEET ) Even at the Ikeja IJAYE branch office it is the same thing.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mechanics(m): 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
overdrive:
Is this bill for an estate
hahahah?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by mechanics(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
BaddieKay:
About 25k,the funny thing is we didn't even have light as much as before. We went for days without seeing light yet we have to pay more for darkness
Don't worry, your next bill will reduce drastically following the new directive of NERC to Discos.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by chubbyman(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
This is for the month of march even though I've paid #5500 for the month of February which hasn't been deducted from the bill, to my surprise it seems the bill have been increasing steadily despite the steady decline in electricity supply,I live in a three bedroom flat and it seems they've really pushed their luck this month cause I'll be fighting this outrageous bill seriously.

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by UnknownT: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
moscobabs:
Just two bedroom flat
4k is a bit fair compared to others
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by moscobabs(m): 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

If you paid each month completely you wouldn't have such a huge debt.

I purposely don't pay, I live in a site where minority pay bill and almost 70% of us are not paying and once Nepa officials collect #5000 or 1k from them monthly the total power used in that area will be distributed on those that have bill cos it's an estimated bill. Besides my family come home only on weekends and we don't get light most of the weekends.mine is still much compare to others in my community

Cc
UnknownT
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Israelpeters(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hi these is mine

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by johnpablo541(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dinosynthesis:
Very unfortunate the way things are still going in this country. We keep paying for darkness. There is no light for over two weeks in February, it is still repeating in March. no meter as well and we are forced to pay 4500 per flat. This is happening every month. Govt should please do something about this. EEDC should come and manage their light, provide prepaid meter. We say no to community bill in Oduke layout Asaba Delta State

EEDC manages the south east, how come you make use of EEDC in asaba
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Olunmercy56(f): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mcslize:

I heard to get prepaid is a thug of war. How did you get yours?

I got it 3 years ago, the guy gave it to me after two working days.. The one we ordered for in my shop is yet to be given to us since almost a year sad
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Olunmercy56(f): 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
ArticleBeast:

The bypass group of company

No, since I'm the only one living in the house, no AC nor washing machine sad I do off it when I'm going out and on it when I'm back home.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by DaRuud(m): 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
Can you imagine , I just got a prepaid after spending 40k,

One Mofo AEDC staff came harrasing me that why did I applied for prepaid meter without telling him ,

The idiot was the one serving me bills of 20 to 30 k monthly .

Under16:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy: Cute Abiola Is Not Missing But Under Custody For Breaching Policy / Tribunal Verdict: Bayelsans Hit The Street In Jubilation [Photos] / Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.