Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24794 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2010
we are going with republic of benin. where they are Others Yorubas , you take care of yourself.
Count us out of that your south thing. we join other Yorubas in benin republic. get that into your head.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by maimalari: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

give me one reason, why dont you want to go with them.  you have no reason. why dont you want to share the oil money with the north when edo,DELTA and yorubas leave Nigeria. Why?

look at cross and akwa ibom ibom, you have alot of oil. share with them. or give them part of the revenue since you people are going to have 70% of the oil, dont be greedy.  you are greedy. 70% of oil.

Bros wetin join delta state with yoruba. Delta state dey for old eastern region,
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

we are going with republic of benin. where they are Others Yorubas , you take care of yourself.
Count us out of that your south thing. we join other Yorubas in benin republic. get that into your head.

What makes this psycho so sure the yoruba in Benin rep. Will accept their domineering azz? Better talk of standing alone.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2010
I beg help he tell am
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2010
And that why the PDP senator decamp to ACN, to show they are not going anywhere near the East. And if you want all of them to leave PDP to show you, they are not going , they would . get that into your head.

maimalari , you are a northerner, delta state was part of the western region.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2010
maimalari:

Bros wetin join delta state with yoruba. Delta state dey for old eastern region,  

For the oil in Delta, dont you understand the politics of greed?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2010
invisible!, why dont you go and ask them.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

And that why the PDP senator decamp to ACN, to show they are not going anywhere near the East.  And if you want all of them to leave PDP to show you, they are not going , they would . get that into your head.

Anyone who believes the Deltans are supposed to be 'dashed' to the west obviously needs a mechanic to work on his brain!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by maimalari: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

So the popular Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna na Yoruba men/westerners. So it is you yorubas/westerners that actually killed our Sultan,
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2010
The only thing I'm sure of is that when Nigeria splits, Yorubas will be on their own.[b] ALONE. [/b]I don't see any southern group joining them to form a nation; not even the Edo.

So, I think I see about four or five nations mainly because the middle belt won't go with the north, and the East may not want to accept a middle belt union because of Muslim groups there.

The East (old Eastern region plus some parts of Delta state) will most likely form Biafra. Never mind all these so called Ijaw troubles. When the real negotiations begin, and issues and facts discussed in detail (issues like sea enchroachment etc), the Ijaw will quickly find out that their best choice is Biafra.

Edo will most likely form their own nation, taking along the remaining parts of Delta state.
I have a theory and belief that Edo (because of Christianity and education similarity with the East) can still form a confederation with Biafra. They have nothing to lose, and same applies to Biafra because they and Igbos don't vote along tribal lines like Yoruba.

So, we may end up with four nations.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2010
Dayokanu disappoints me with his level of ignorance.

I'm shocked by the dudes cluelessness. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2010
I find it hard to see how there can ever be peace in Nigeria without a split. There is a fundamental difference between the North and the South. The 2 cannot operate as one Nation. NoWay
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2010
The North must go. We have a fundamental different outlook on the way things should be run, and beside, they do not contribute anything to this country. Please someone tell me what they contribute besides wicked senseless killings

And by the way has Atiku, Buhari, Ribadu condenmed the killings in the strigest of terms?
These are Northern leaders, what are they doing to ensure this rubbish stops?

This doesnt happen in the South. Enough is enough. The South must demand proper behaviour from the North if not let them go
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2010
This onlytruth is funny grin! Look! What unites the western is the common ancestry. Politics is different from forming your own country. I would prefer SN, I love my ijaw and igbo brothers! I would not want to a country dominated by yorubas or igbos! With the intellect of the yorubas and the hardworkmanship of the igbos, the country would be nice but it must also practice true federalism
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nsiman(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
No! Let's not split until when oil get dried up, then those cow rearers will advocate 4 that
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by udezue(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
Jason, just carry ur itsekiri dey waka go Oduduwa. Yoruba inteLlect and Igbo hardwork? Na only for Yoruba land ppl with intellect exist? Can we just stick to forming nations with ppl who are compatible with eachother not all these ethnic self-praise. What happened to all the intellectuals when they refused to see the necessity of breaking away from the North b4?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Yorubah(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2010
I dont believe in One Nigeria as there is no unity that upholds that, I support if Nigeria can split with no war.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by EKONGKING: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
The current violence in Nigeria is only going to escalate further and lead into full blown civil war unless Sovereign National Conference is constituted
For people who believe the current violence is linked to 2011 elections and are stoked by politicians and will come down after elections I have bad news to you  cool .politicians are adding fuel to fire but fire is still there with or without politicians and fire will consume the nation.
There are 4 important reasons for this
1, Huge increase in population are putting pressure on scare land resources leading to conflict this problem is only likely to grow in coming years as Sahara desert is advancing towards nigeria and fulani herdsmen will move south for grazing land bringing them in conflict with farmers
2,Uncontrolled migration from chand, niger,etc into the country leading to competition for jobs and scares resources
3,you cannot have one part which is focussed on development and another foccused on quranic education and begging to survive
4,There is no sane country in world which have two different legal system in a same country and then still expect people to live in unity
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
I am really appalled at the level of political ignorance by some of our brothers from the SW (dayokanu, lagbaja etc). For some strange reason, they feel that the old Midwest (or parts of it) will find their way into Oduduwa. The very same Midwest that bolted from the SW?
We do not appreciate any form of overbearing dominance by any large ethnic group that has not grasped the meaning of true federalism and imagines their population will equate to total political control. It is quite clear that some have no clue as to why todays Nigeria is failing; even though, God in his infinite wisdom has ensured that Nigeria is kept alive by the SS minorities, some are still too blind to see an equitable way out. Tribalism is for fools.

As for Udezue's partitioning of the Itsekiri with the Yoruba, it seems a physical impossibility, because there are vast Ijaw territories between the Itsekiri and the Yoruba. More than that however, is the fact that the problems between the Urhobo and Ijaw against the Itsekiri are easily resolvable (as evidenced by current Delta state politics); especially when it is realised that they were created when we were part of the Western region. Yes, the Warri problem was created by a tribalistic Western region leader (who like some from that region today, put population above equity). We won't be going back to the same old thing - the SS minorities aren't anybodies puns.

As to the way we will go in the event of a split, it would likely be a country made up of the old Midwest groups. Failing that, we would accept a confederation, if offered by Biafra. We would accept same from the SW, only we will never be part of a country called Oduduwa (names gotto go).

A state like Delta, whose people are politically savvy over and beyond what obtains in the rest of the country, will come to any negotiating table with very sophisticated arguments. The question is if others will be ready or able to cope.
Delta state is the only one in Nigeria to have been successfully led by someone from an ethnic minority; Uduaghan is Itsekiri, in a state whose majority population is Urhobo (followed by Igbo). Nigeria should be modelled on Delta state, we put the rest to shame.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2010
there is no breaking up angry angry

i mean how stupid can you people be undecided

for the yorubas

yorubas are never united,,,,they are only united when they have a common enemy,,,,,,a typical ijebu man does not like the idea of yoruba,,because of there dialect,,,also ebga people have there own believes,,,not to talk of edo,,itsekiri,,,ibadan,,,ekiti,,etc

even the aworis (braziliain people in lagos) would not agree to be second class in this yoruba land

for the northerners

i laugh at my arewa people,,,,the only reason for there unity is because of a common enemy christians mostly southerners,,,also this yoruba people are one of the reason also

once we form an arewa republic,,,it would not survive 6 months because kanuris do not like fulanis,,,,,hausa do not like fulanis because fulanis are ruling them  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a later issue

even fulanis do not like hausa because of the hausaland idea angry angry angry instead of arewaland angry angry

nupe people are not northerners nor are they yorubas,,,,they are in the middle sad so as igala etc

for the igbos

well you know the story grin grin

even ngwa clan do not agree with each other not to talk of ogoni,,ibibio,,,,calabar etc

this people can not even talk with one voice in ohaneze not to talk of there own country

at ijaws

ijaws are just jokers grin grin grin  i am sure they think they can form their country without the igbo or itsekiri

ijaws would not even agree with their neighbours itsekiri and igbos not to talk of there own 2 square kilometre of a country,,lol

and do not think we Muslims or northerners are that united,,,then u must be joking,,,,most northerners come and say arewa (together) unity etc this is because we are against southerners,,,most educated northerners do  not even know why iran and other muslim nation are blowing each other up,,,,,,,,fact!!!!!

the point is we can not separate,,,, we need each other,,,,,if we separate we would have bigger problems in own individual republics,,,,,  insisted of shouting separation lets tackle the issue without been biased or saying rubbish

think before you post angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2010
Alhaji HArem

You just made my day!

You are very very funny, but REAL

You say it like it should be said

I love how you ridiculed the Ijaws!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

I am really appalled at the level of political ignorance by some of our brothers from the SW (dayokanu, lagbaja etc). For some strange reason, they feel that the old Midwest (or parts of it) will find their way into Oduduwa. The very same Midwest that bolted from the SW?
We do not appreciate any form of overbearing dominance by any large ethnic group that has not grasped the meaning of true federalism and imagines their population will equate to total political control. It is quite clear that some have no clue as to why todays Nigeria is failing; even though, God in his infinite wisdom has ensured that Nigeria is kept alive by the SS minorities, some are still too blind to see an equitable way out. Tribalism is for fools.

As for Udezue's partitioning of the Itsekiri with the Yoruba, it seems a physical impossibility, because there are vast Ijaw territories between the Itsekiri and the Yoruba. More than that however, is the fact that the problems between the Urhobo and Ijaw against the Itsekiri are easily resolvable (as evidenced by current Delta state politics); especially when it is realised that they were created when we were part of the Western region. Yes, the Warri problem was created by a tribalistic Western region leader (who like some from that region today, put population above equity). We won't be going back to the same old thing - the SS minorities aren't anybodies puns.

As to the way we will go in the event of a split, it would likely be a country made up of the old Midwest groups. Failing that, we would accept a confederation, if offered by Biafra. We would accept same from the SW, only we will never be part of a country called Oduduwa (names gotto go).

A state like Delta, whose people are politically savvy over and beyond what obtains in the rest of the country, will come to any negotiating table with very sophisticated arguments. The question is if others will be ready or able to cope.
Delta state is the only one in Nigeria to have been successfully led by someone from an ethnic minority; Uduaghan is Itsekiri, in a state whose majority population is Urhobo (followed by Igbo). Nigeria should be modelled on Delta state, we put the rest to shame.

beaf beaf beaf,,,,,kai

you never seize to surprise me with this ijaw this ijaw that                 why na

so delta state , ondo and edo state are now ijaw states,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,c'mon ask yourself who are the majorities in those state

the only ijaw state is balysea state,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that i know

so stop this my land,,,your land undecided undecided undecided undecidedthis that

ijaws are minorities just like itsekiri and others and there population is just about 5 million(not 15 million ) compare to igbos of 30 million and other groups,,,,,,not to be arrogant or any think but i believe if yorubas and igbo declare their land back that rubbish would stop angry angry

so shut up and be open minded about other groups not just ijaw people angry angry

mumu jonathan doing ijaw expansion angry angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2010
^
Dude, you've always been a cross-breed between man and donkey, a truly daft person. I am not Ijaw.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

^
Dude, you've always been a cross-breed between man and donkey, a truly daft person. I am not Ijaw.

look call me what you like,,,,,say you are not ijaw,,,that does not change the fact that you are still daft!!!

you come here shouting ijaw,,,,Nigerdelta,,,,,etc,,,,but have you asked you fatheror even a truthful ijaw or whatever southern group you are from that were is IJAW land,,,, what states are Niger delta,,,,,,Do igbos aor yorubas have states in nigerdelta
the balysea state ijaws own,,,,,is it only ijwas that are there or there are other groups there and ijaw is majority

edwin clark is as dumb as a donkey that has no rider,,,this your idea of ijaws in delta,,,,ondo state are all a dream that will never ever come true

yes ther are ijaws in ondo and delta state just like there are igbos in kaduna,,,would you now say it is an ijaw state certainly not!!!!

it is just the matter of time till this ijaw this and that will stop,,,just like the ogonis!!!!!

i tell you if u are jonathan,,,i would advice u to talk to edwin clark so he does not kill ijaws and other nigerdelta group

beaf just think and let your brain work and respond for you not for backside doing it cool just saying think mumu
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2010
Alj Harem,

Do you think the Ijaws should join the SW?

Since they have no brain and cant stand alone, it is better for them to join the Yoruba so that we can think for them

What say you Alhaji
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2010
in fact!!! the so called nigerdelta can not even agree with itsekiri people,,,,they are always fighting undecided undecided
and itsekiri joined afenifere which is a yoruba group so what domination are you talking about undecided

is itsekiri not a minority group just like ijaws and others but yet they joined a majority just like kanuris joined arewa

why can't ijaws join ohaneze or any other group

look there will never be a Nigerdelta country,,,,,that is the reality on ground

a country of ijaws as the so called northerners itsekiri as the yorubas and other minority is in now in nigeria,,,,,,does that even make sense when it is going to be a mini nigeria
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2010
What is this harem of a goat saying? undecided. It makes absolutely no sense undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

Alj Harem,

Do you think the Ijaws should join the SW?

Since they have no brain and cant stand alone, it is better for them to join the Yoruba so that we can think for them

What say you Alhaji

fstrange,,,,to be realistic,,,, i do not want ijaws to join any group,,,,,i do not even believe in the country to separate but we should collectively tackle the problem without looking at christains or muslim or yoruba or igbo or hausa etc

all that would not help us but it would just create more problems for us
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
jason123:

What is this harem of a goat saying? undecided. It makes absolutely no sense undecided
even you do not make sense here,,, angry angry angry did you even read my post undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2010
alj harem1:

in fact!!! the so called nigerdelta can not even agree with itsekiri people,,,,they are always fighting undecided undecided
and itsekiri joined afenifere which is a yoruba group so what domination are you talking about undecided

is itsekiri not a minority group just like ijaws and others but yet they joined a majority just like kanuris joined arewa

why can't ijaws join ohaneze or any other group

look there will never be a Nigerdelta country,,,,,that is the reality on ground

a country of ijaws as the so called northerners itsekiri as the yorubas and other minority is in now in nigeria,,,,,,does that even make sense when it is going to be a mini nigeria

You concern yourself so much with the Niger Delta, yet there are[size=14pt] 10 million alimajiri's[/size] in your part of the World. Not just that, but religious terrorist activities, even on Christmas day; plus all sorts of backwardness and wretchedness.
Why bother yourself with people whose lot is far better than yours, while your ship is sinking? Now, thats a real curiosity and the very definition of the word, FOOL!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2010
alj harem1:

even you do not make sense here,,, angry angry angry did you even read my post undecided

Shattap dia! What  if itsekiri want to join their Nd neighbours? Would you force them. Ode!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

You concern yourself so much with the Niger Delta, yet there are[size=14pt] 10 million alimajiri's[/size] in your part of the World. Not just that, but terrorist activities, even on Christmas day.
Why bother yourself with people whose lot is far better than yours, while your ship is sinking? Now, thats a real curiosity and the very definition of the word, FOOL!

look boy,,, whether there are a billion almajiri in the north or not, how does that relate to the issue of some people advocating for the country to split,,,,pls post like a so called southerner not like an almajiri you shout about undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

2019: Remain In Abuja, You’ll Be Stoned – Okorocha Warns Udenwa / Ore Falomo Is Dead / Northern Elders, Groups Reject Southern Governors’ Position On Power Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.