Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? (49456 Views)

Should I Forgive Her?? / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her / Should I Forgive Her Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by ayusco85(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
mamatwiny:

What is her behaviour now? If she is good, Please believe her. She was brainwashed with love etc etc. She was naive.
Forgive her and move on as she was a domesticated bird, but if you can't, just go your way.
Her feeling and anger is not about still being attached. No. It is about her wasted years. The lies! The deceits! The cheating! Etc. I am married but will still feel bad if my ex is getting married. He doesn't deserve to be married. I want him single till he leaves this earth.

Mad o shocked
Wetin him do you wey u dey wish am to remain single till him die
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Solatium(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Dangrace01:

I never marry but you go blind to something you know that you have also done also in the past.
Wetin dey worry oga op na d reasoning say em girl fit don tear eye pass am. That's why he is telling you that he never did husband and wife in school.

if you ask me,I don't think anyone should be worried about this

If a girl lived a couple life, chances are higher she dated just only one guy all through that period they lived together.

just close your eyes and move on,there is no biggie about your girl sleeping with a man while in school,that is why it is advisable for every young man to have their own fair share of women before getting married,so the thing no go dey pain you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Lexolhis20(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Be true to yourself, you've lost your trust in the lady and you are already out of the relationship... You been haunted by how she feels for the 'ex' prompted this post not the 'couples life'

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Roozzaay(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
The thing is, these dogs always goes back to their vomits. Don't be stupid bruh, mama ain't meant to raise a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by pocohantas(f): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
If you can’t move past it, you bounce. It is totally your choice. You are not the only/best guy in the world.

Next time she’ll learn a very simple lesson, no be everything eye see, mouth dey talk.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
emkz:
Yes, you can forgive her past because you were not in the picture during the cohabitation. No, you can't move on with her if she is still addicted to her ex like someone hooked on drugs. It is not a good addiction.

Take a break from the relationship and explain to her that she needs time to get her priorities right. You both need to leave all emotional baggage behind before entering a new relationship (especially her).

No matter how much you love a woman, if she loves her ex more than you, or does not love you enough to respect you to the point of feeling low because her ex moved on in your presence, you'd do a lot of good to yourself if you leave her to deal with her demons. It is not your fight, and you can't win.

Quite agree
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by flexyrule(m): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
jaxxy:

Is that what other gals do when they come to stay over at their bfs?? Weeknds or for sm weeks? Nothing unusual here as such.

I don't like the idea tho.
Sir, They live together PERMANENTLY.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
bonnyhope:

I know you will support this

Was she sent to school to live a couple life?

You have 100% tolerance for IMMORALITY

Yes she does, and it's preposterous
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by clemmonce(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
ITbomb:
You should thank God that your girl lived a couple life. That means she has proven faithfulness.

What of those in school that could not stay with one person for 2 months plus numerous flings and runs for money

She should have unfriend that dude since to avoid seeing and comparing progress . Her only healing now would be to marry before her ex, so dude, if she tick most of the boxes, fast forward things
Your 1st paragraph is right on the spot. She seem like a keeper.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
mamatwiny:

Most live in lovers have had abortions at one point or the other with uncountable sex which I guess is his fear.
You really understood the negative effect of cohabiting as couples in school. The two ladies in my lodge that engaged in such act were once pregnant . one aborted and the other gave birth.
With my experience in school I can never marry ladies that engaged in such.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by ayusco85(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
honest1480:
You are truly a mature person in all perspective.

Very mature. He is the only person that analized it well and gave a good advice.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by stormborn28(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Learnstuffs:
The problem is not about your girlfriend living as a couple with the guy in the past. The real issue is that she is still in love with the guy. Trust me, she can still go behind and cheat with him. Okafor's Law is f**king real

From the way you are sounding, you seem to love her so much that's why you are feeling so bad. I will advice you to thread carefully.
Okafor law
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Bryan88(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:
Please I'm new here on this platform and I just want some advice to clear my mind.

Let me just go straight to the point. My girl that we've been dating for a year plus now just told me a week ago that she lived a couple's life with her ex back in school right from when she entered 300l (4yrs course) and the guy 400l (5yrs course) and I've not been able to get over it.

It happened a week ago, we were together and she saw a post of her ex engagement to his current girlfriend and she started feeling bad, so I asked her what happened and a little bit angry with her thinking maybe she was not over her ex yet. She told me she has gotten over him but she just remembered her past so I try to console her to let go and if there's something she hasn't told me yet about her past that is still eating her up she can tell me because before now we've talked about a lot of things about our past and we've try to forgive each other and let the past be in the past.

She had told me it was this only guy she had dated and it was the same guy that disvirgined her. I was not bothered about that because I was not a virgin either. She told me she has moved on even before I came and she stayed for close to a year to heal up and all through this time I was asking her out but she never said yes and never told me she was going through heart break.

Now, it's a year and few months into our relationship, she's been a very good girl, supportive and hard working. And now she just told me this, coupled with some lies she has used to cover it up in some of our previous conversations about her school life.

I'm not perfect either and I've had my past which I have told her. I never lived a couples life back in school and it was only a girl I've also had anything sexual relationship to do with.

Why am emotionally down now is because I know what it is like to live a couples life in school. I never lived as one but I know of people that lived as such in school and I know what happens.

Now I don't know if I can forget about this and we move on. I love this girl so much and she has shown to also love me as much and I've tried to forget about what happened but most times when I see her now I tend to always remember and it eats me up.

Do you guys think I can forget about this?
IF YOU REALLY LOVE THIS GIRL LIKE YOU SAID, THEN I SEE NO REASON FOR THIS POST
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by jonahhh: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Couples life in school days is always full of series of abortion and 98% of the time the girl get broken after leaving each other... Its either your babe had some similar experiences thats making her feel like she lost. You'll need to be strategic in finding out so you wont spook her and you might get her irritated by asking about her ex too much. You can treat her the same way her ex is treating the other lady. She wont feel like her ex is winning. Its up to you

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Ellasure: 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
brother, the experience stated is common nowadays. please move on with her.

But clarify she is trust worthy and my still thinking about the wounds inflicted by her past.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by ayusco85(m): 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:
If you can’t move past it, you bounce. It is totally your choice. You are not the only/best guy in the world.

Next time she’ll learn a very simple lesson, no be everything eye see- mouth dey talk.

Your kind can hide their past to their spouse for life. It's not good
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by iamdapsyj(m): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:

I suppose you read the post well. She's not jumping from man to man ok and she has a life, a good one at that.
And am not here to discuss campus couples life.
u better don't mind one of those lazy readers
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
You are just trying to import trouble into your union. You said you both have forgiven the past you guys had, you have mentioned the good qualities she has and supportive too. then, have let her confiding in you develop a headache for you? Except she's still in love with the ex or you're no longer in love with her.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by GODWIN78(m): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
I,swear the gurl still have a soft spot for the guy,one of my ex gurl that got married i,ask her?Hope u are enjoying your hubby she said yes but my own is hoter,if want she is willing to taste the rod again,but i,don,t do married women,so bro trade with care i, beg u.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by cedricksly: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Seriously you are really senseless and acting like a child... What concern you with the past of your gf.. Living a couples life in school was before she met you, why are you concerned about it... Grow up before entering into a relationship coz ure obviously a child... Even if na olosho before as far as u ready to date her then her past does not concern you provided it doesn't interfere with your present relationship with her...
Jasonjay101:
Please I'm new here on this platform and I just want some advice to clear my mind.

Let me just go straight to the point. My girl that we've been dating for a year plus now just told me a week ago that she lived a couple's life with her ex back in school right from when she entered 300l (4yrs course) and the guy 400l (5yrs course) and I've not been able to get over it.

It happened a week ago, we were together and she saw a post of her ex engagement to his current girlfriend and she started feeling bad, so I asked her what happened and a little bit angry with her thinking maybe she was not over her ex yet. She told me she has gotten over him but she just remembered her past so I try to console her to let go and if there's something she hasn't told me yet about her past that is still eating her up she can tell me because before now we've talked about a lot of things about our past and we've try to forgive each other and let the past be in the past.

She had told me it was this only guy she had dated and it was the same guy that disvirgined her. I was not bothered about that because I was not a virgin either. She told me she has moved on even before I came and she stayed for close to a year to heal up and all through this time I was asking her out but she never said yes and never told me she was going through heart break.

Now, it's a year and few months into our relationship, she's been a very good girl, supportive and hard working. And now she just told me this, coupled with some lies she has used to cover it up in some of our previous conversations about her school life.

I'm not perfect either and I've had my past which I have told her. I never lived a couples life back in school and it was only a girl I've also had anything sexual relationship to do with.

Why am emotionally down now is because I know what it is like to live a couples life in school. I never lived as one but I know of people that lived as such in school and I know what happens.

Now I don't know if I can forget about this and we move on. I love this girl so much and she has shown to also love me as much and I've tried to forget about what happened but most times when I see her now I tend to always remember and it eats me up.

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by stormborn28(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:

Next time she’ll learn a very simple lesson, no be everything eye see- mouth dey talk.
im not surprise about what you wrote
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by ayusco85(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
jonahhh:
Confirm first wether she don get abortion for the guy before when dem dey shool cause na weytin couples life for school dey dey full of be that

My thoughts exactly. If she hasn't done any then he has the all clear to continue with the relationship. Make him no carry scrap left behind by one mugu.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by emmanude(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:

Bros bros my opinion
4get her past
If u love her take good care of her
Most importantly knack her kpekus wella
Once u control her there, u control her mind..
Shikena

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by jaxxy(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
flexyrule:
Sir, They live together PERMANENTLY.

Nawa ooo.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by ayusco85(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
jaxxy:

Nawa ooo.

Don't mind the permanently part. Lol
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by stormborn28(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
bjprodint:
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone Mr.jailer.Listening to Asha's Mr jailer
no lady will see anything wrong with this. Because they know the implications yet they don't mind living such life. While guys takes advantage of the lady(chop and clean mouth)
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by rosalieene(f): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
I dont know what most of you are talking about, Jasonjay101 She getting moody hearing that her EX was getting married is very normal, it doesn't mean that she still loves him. Ordinarily, a guy bulging me for marriage, no iota of love from my part sef, the day I heard he was getting married, I got a little moody, then snapped back to my normal self in few mins. Its completely normal, we are all human beings. Even if I hear that my EX is getting married today especially as I am not married yet, it must touch me, likewise for most of us. The most important thing is that you would snap out of that mood in no distant time. This person was once in her life, so its expected, especially as the memories keep flooding in her mind.
so its 100% normal
besides, living with a guy in school, it's a norm in the university tho a bad norm..... it's her past and not something you should worry yourself over.

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by jonahhh: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
ayusco85:

My thoughts exactly. If she hasn't done any then he has the all clear to continue with the relationship. Make him no carry scrap left behind by one mugu.

You get

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by stormborn28(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
xendra:
Just because you didn't leave a couples life now you think she is worse that you cheesy y is it that we humans only call what we don't do sin? But if we do it then its ok

no lady will see anything wrong with this. Because they know the implications yet they don't mind living such life. While guys takes advantage of the lady(chop and clean mouth)
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by NairaMaster1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
bjprodint:
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone Mr.jailer.Listening to Asha's Mr jailer

Damage control.

No solidarity and guilt.

Just drop an advice, simple!
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Kosoco(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
You must not Advice him... You can as well keep quiet that spill rubbish...
xendra:
Just because you didn't leave a couples life now you think she is worse that you cheesy y is it that we humans only call what we don't do sin? But if we do it then its ok
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
I don't know why your babe talks too much. I mean what's your fvcking business with her last relationships? Now you're about to chicken out. I always say it, ladies, avoid any situation that makes you talk about your past with your (potential) boyfriend. Nigerian men are too weak minded to handle all that sh.itload of honesty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Couple Cruise On Boat As They Give Their Pre-wedding Photos A Village Theme / Asian Bride In Traditional Edo Attire As She Weds Nigerian Man (Photos) / When your bae says "I love you"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.