Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed (65132 Views)

Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says / Any HIV Positive Lady On Here For A Serious Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Kylekent59: 2:15pm On May 12, 2020
Yomit71:
Nothing will happen to you, just have faith in God.
Nevertheless except you're looking for child don't have raw sex with her again. enjoi each other while protection is on

Hear yourself out shocked shocked

He should "have faith in God"
He committed fornication and contracted the virus, he even pregnanted the lady, and now marriage plus family stuff.

If he is heavily burdened, Jesús is the way, for he will make it light.

Let all he's sinned come short of God's glory.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 12, 2020
shocked
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by KelechukwuB: 2:22pm On May 12, 2020
You’re real man with confidence ��
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by jnat: 2:25pm On May 12, 2020
She can actually breastfeed her baby,but it must be strictly "exclusive breastfeeding". And make sure she clean her nipple regularly. And of course,her delivery will be through CS.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by chidiebere123(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2020
Am so happy for u, pls go ahead , u are a good example to many out there who doesn't know what true love is all about
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Square2020(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2020
Tell no one jst keep ur family secret to urself
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by rapala(m): 2:32pm On May 12, 2020
Pls do not ever try to tell your family her status just keep it top secret between [/sub][sub]yourself.[/sup][sup][sup][/sup][color=#006600][/color]
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by infotainment(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.

Bro u did well. no need telling your family member because u will be discouraged and castigated for befriending A HIV+ person. Find time and visit the clinic she collects drug from and u will be advised properly. As for the breast feeding u can tell anyone that ask question dat the doctor advised she should not breast feed until she collects a particular injection.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Xpol: 2:34pm On May 12, 2020
You try though unlike we wey we no dey love like that before the girl go say baby I want to tell you an important thing. After I am H-I I'm already gone I won't wait to here the V. Xpol is here again
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Qwertyjoan: 2:38pm On May 12, 2020
The girl in question can breast feed her baby,no need to panick. A friend has three kids non is positive because both parents are on the medication.
Do not disclosed it to any one.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Xpol: 2:39pm On May 12, 2020
Bro don't be too sure you can't contract the virus from her it's not 100% there's still a possibility of you getting infected so brace yourself up for that or be protecting yourself cos something do happen in medical world that always surprises the expertps. On the issue of telling your family don't even dare it cos I can never let my son, daughter or sibling take that decision of marrying an HIV patient but I'm not condemning you cos I might have taken the same decision if I'm in your shoe. If you truly love her and she loves you go ahead an marry her but make it a secret Andrew never disclose it to even your friends. As for her loving you wholeheartedly attracts a comma,she may be loving you simply because you love her in her condition cos she never thought of getting someone that will truly love her And even decided to marry her but all the same love is love. Nothing like unconditional love here. Xpol is here again
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Iloko: 2:40pm On May 12, 2020
hmmm, it's a very hard decision you have taken, but I will advised you as follows:
1. don't tell any of your family members.
2. make sure that the girl parents(father and mother only) are aware of her conditions. so that later on, they won't said you are the one who infected her.
3. make sure she take her drug as prescribed.
4. anybody who told you that she cannot breast feed the baby knows nothing about it. but must adhere to 3 above, and 5 below.
5. go to the the hospital where she collect her drug with her, let her inform them of her new conditions, they will sit you down and advice both of you on the best practices to protect you and the child. without any of you been infected.
6. she can born as many as you desire without any of you been infected.
7. she may become tired of the drug sometimes, it's natural, always advice her, or drive her to her parents. and discus the implications with them.
8. be faithful with her, don't maltreat her.
9. be ready to sacrifice by always use condom whenever you want to meet with her. If it's the time for her to get another pregnant, use condom, then use syringes to draw the sperm from the condom and insert it in her. she knows better than you.
10. make God your first choice and not your last chance. always pray!

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by saajus: 2:41pm On May 12, 2020
You can never contract the virus if she's in the undetectable zone. Your family members can never reason with you cos of stigmatization and less knowledge about the virus. If you truly love her and you've made up your mind, I think you should go ahead. She's not a risk to anyone if she's truly in the undetectable zone. The undetectable zone is like HIV negative but it's still appearing positive because of the antibodies that are still present and detectable. The virus is no more detectable.
It's just like COVID-19 too. After becoming COVID-19 negative, the antibodies will still be present.
Trust Science. Even if you drink her blood, you can never contract it. Also, your children will not contract it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by boluxta123(f): 2:43pm On May 12, 2020
Nobody will support your decision because of the way we stigmatized hiv+ people, so the best thing is to keep her secret with you forever, also she since her viral load is undetectable she can breastfeed her baby and the baby will still be negative, she can even give birth through normal delivery, just keep encouraging her not to skip her medications...
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by oyeb15: 2:46pm On May 12, 2020
HIV don't kill people again.The potency of d virus has expired with time due to human and environmental variation.

Same will happen to Covid-19 soon.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by andivirus: 2:49pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Thanks for the insult. The third I tested since we've been having sex was march and I'm still negative.
Do you intentionally just want to get yourself infected with HIV and called it love?
What stopped you from using simple condom?
OK now that she is pregnant, just marry her and stop asking questions since you already know what you want.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by etzskillz(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.
Bro, some secret are better left unrevealed
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2020
this Op is a product of Zeeworld. someone told you about her HIV status and you're assuming nonsense because something is low

you love her right? but did you know her past? what led her to that status? sometimes you need not to be foolish to prove that you love someone
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by fullblast(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2020
True love is beautiful.

A neighborhood female friend of mine who confided in me of her Hiv status experienced same unconditional love.
Her husband who was negative before he married her is now positive but they are now blessed with two healthy and negative sons.
I'm not trying to scare you but learn from you. You mentioned something so spectacular, your woman's viral load is strictly kept low. Is That the key that sustains your negative status? How true?

My Advice: Never disclose her status to anyone unless the individual is tested and trusted. Somethings should remain confidential. This is No 1. My female friend revealed her status to me because she's knows how I'm wired. I can never divulge anyone's secret even if you are my enemy. Anybody may fall victim of Hiv or any ASSUMED deadly disease.
If I can't sympathize or empathize, I don't need to spread the news to the public. STIGMATIZATION is satanic.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by osazsky(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

They will ask questions.
do u still stay with ur parents? How u feed ur child shouldnt be their problem...will ur parents stay with ur wife in her room when she is feeding her child..pls try to rent an apartment..marry her and take care of ur child I love this union very bold most men nowadays are yoruba cowards
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Bolubaba(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

I work with people living with hiv.
Your wife can breastfeed without infecting the baby provided the viral details you gave ìs correct. For better understanding, go to the nearest hiv clinic nearest to you for more information about this issue. And also 99.99% of info you'll get here would be from inexperience individuals. So visit the clinic for best advice.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by kevinexit(m): 3:01pm On May 12, 2020
Hmmm nothing person nor go see for Shiloh..

Let the devil that is guiding you lead you...
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Dollabiz: 3:10pm On May 12, 2020
for real
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by chuksonu(m): 3:25pm On May 12, 2020
Tell your family in opposite way.Tell them that you were hiv positive.That she accepted you even after confessing to her before having affair with her.Tell them that she is pregnant for you now.They all will love and respect her while feeling sorry for you.
Thank me later.Some of your sisters might even volunteer to help breastfeed your baby when it finally arrive.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by midehill(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Thanks for the insult. The third I tested since we've been having sex was march and I'm still negative.

Crazeman dnt ave sex with her again.... Perhaps if u want to, use plenty condom
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by midehill(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2020
fullblast:
True love is beautiful.

A neighborhood female friend of mine who confided in me of her Hiv status experienced same unconditional love.
Her husband who was negative before he married her is now positive but they are now blessed with two healthy and negative sons.
I'm not trying to scare you but learn from you. You mentioned something so spectacular, your woman's viral load is strictly kept low. Is That the key that sustains your negative status? How true?

My Advice: Never disclose her status to anyone unless the individual is tested and trusted. Somethings should remain confidential. This is No 1. My female friend revealed her status to me because she's knows how I'm wired. I can never divulge anyone's secret even if you are my enemy. Anybody may fall victim of Hiv or any ASSUMED deadly disease.
If I can't sympathize or empathize, I don't need to spread the news to the public. STIGMATIZATION is satanic.

U just revealed ha secret now bro

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by summerflame(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Why won't she feel that way when you keep bringing up your relationship issues here

i wonder when u will have sense
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Lemonmint1: 3:29pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

wow!! are you for real? you are one in a million ................... if you have made up your mind to be with her, why do you feel the need to tell someone in your family? Do you perhaps think you need someone with another mindset to set you right or wrong as the case maybe? i really wish i had something more realistic to say. All the best
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Scholar212(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2020
@crazeman03 first I want to dispel your misconceptions about HIV pregnant female. I am a medical Lab scientist working in a hospital supported for HIV program by global fund.
1) For someone that the viral load is undetectable that is below 20copies/ml the chances of HIV transmission is almost zero that is why you are NEGATIVE even when having unprotected sex. As long as she remains on her medications and go for viral load test when due, you have nothing to fear.
2) Out of over 20 HIV Pregnant female I attended to in the last one year only one had a HIV positive child because she had some mental issues and was not taking her drugs, all others had HIV negative children.
3) She can breastfeed her child, the current international guideline is exclusive breastfeeding as long her viral load is suppressed. The gians outweigh the risk and all that breastfed their kids none had a HIV positive child.
4) 6 weeks after birth, the child will be taken to the hospital for HIV infant PCR test then repeated at 3months, 6 months and 9months. She must do this unfailingly, infact the Hospital has someone that tracks this and will call.
In summary, you have nothing to fear as long as she remains on her drugs daily and go for test and check up routinely, you and the child/children will remain HIV negative. And all tests are free in government and some private supported facility.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by soladnet14: 3:32pm On May 12, 2020
Your wife can breastfeed normally without any issue. Let her continue with her drug adherence, book her ANC at the facility she's receiving treatment, they will make sure your wife and baby are well taken care of. Nevirapin will be given to your baby within 24hrs of birth and this continues till six weeks after which the 1st DBS will be taken and by His grace, it's going to be - VE, then the baby will be placed on CTX (Septrin) till he's a year old......

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Reform9ja: 3:33pm On May 12, 2020
wow

U truly love her

I just pray you guys don't break up, because na da time ur eye go come open
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 12, 2020
Talk true she gee you beta style so tey you no reason her status angry angry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Slay Queen Caught Stealing From A Man Rocking Her Sexily At The Club (Photos) / "Girl Infected My Friends With Gonorrhoea & Stole 2 Laptops After A Foursome" / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.