Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners (19656 Views)

APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Presidential Debate Timetable Confirmed, Debate Dates Are Feb 1 and Feb 8! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Gbawe: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nigeria was not mature enough at that time? What an interesting retort . . . so has Nigeria matured since then? If yes, what has changed?

** You are saying it was OK for him to bed the corrupt and allow many of them run, and I ask what makes that any different from what the current president is doing even now ?

** If one can equally argue that the current president is, like Ribadu, is bedding the corrupt and doing their bidding because Nigeria is not mature enough, why should we elect Ribadu, who did just the same thing?

Kobo, you don't get what he means with the word "mature". Nigeria is as "mature" as the President of the day want it to be . That , sadly,  is the truth. The EFCC currently , and in the past, remains a tool of the current President.  let us not forget that the EFCC was hounding amaechi and other Governors who did not back Jonathan initially. What is happening to Ameachi now since he decided to 'play ball'? This is why Obama observed that we need strong institutions and not strong men . We do not have strong institution and until we get there it is pointless to pretend as if any EFCC boss can be singularly successful without the backing of a President sincerely commited to a transparent fight against corruption. let us not pretend we are dealing with an advanced democracy . That would be insincere ,unrealistic and unfair on brave individuals like Ribadu who had to operate in an environment many of us cannot even imagine . Wole Soyinka put it like this:

Only in the realm of mythology should one seek appropriate representation of the monstrous heights and depths of corruption that defined the society into which nuhu Ribadu was trust in his protagonist role ,  truly promethean, his encounters eerily out of this world !!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by naso2(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
Gbawe:

Frankly you cannot expect Ribadu to prosecute the pals of his boss . We still do not have strong institutions , in the conventional sense, because dictatorial Nigerian leaders , especially the likes of OBJ, do not encourage the development of institutions that supercedes their own power and influence. If Ribadu had attempted to prosecute OBJ's buddies he would be out of a Job faster than he can say "thief" . I don't think Ribadu signed up to be part of a partisan system . I think , as usual , Ribadu approached his job with total sincerity and devotion but along the way he probably weighed up his options to decide that he could do some good for Nigeria while accepting 'limitations' he probably was not comfortable with. I am sure Ribadu would have learnt valuable lessons .

If we look at the big picture to understand Ribadu's bravery , devotion to duty , success as EFCC pioneer boss and the treacherous environment he cut his teeth in then one would agree that the man did very well and many, many of Nigeria's brightest minds (Gani fawehinmi, Ojukwu, Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala, Soyinka, Falana, Oby Ezekwesili, Rotimi Akeredolu et al) fervently attest to this . Those folks are not simultaneously praising OBJ, as one would expect since he was Ribadu's boss, in a sure sign that they understand Ribadu did his best in a very treacherous environment he had been drafted into insincerely. Ribadu could not do it alone and of course he needed the continued support of the President and we all saw this revealed glaringly with how he was removed by Yar Adua when he attempted to go after Ibori. In Nigeria those who are corrupt are far more than those who are not . A strong fight against corruption can be achieved only by an immaterialistic and austere President who understands the terrain and comes into office with the mandate of the people rather than through the support of the most corrupt Nigerians. With ultimate executive power Ribadu will do far better than he did before because now he can be the one empowering others .

it is important for Nigerians to understand that the success of any EFCC boss , since we do not yet have strong and truly independent institutions,will depend on our President's sincerity and commitment to fight corruption . We can ask why Waziri has also not prosecuted friends of Jonathan we know to be corrupt like OBJ, Anenih, Danjuma et al. Whichever way you look at it , GEJ will get indicted of partisanship also . Ribadu got kudos because corrupt big men and women were taken down nonetheless to include an Inspector General of the Nigerian police force . No such thing is happening under Waziri , and by extension , GEJ. We will be ready to fight corruption when the most powerful office is also ready to fight corruption without partisanship. Ribadu would have realised , too late, that the most powerful office , in his time , was not ready to fight corruption sincerely. A repeat of that , and what we are now seeing under GEJ, can be avoided if we gain a President who understands , more than most, the role of the Presidency in fighting corruption sincerely.

Hmm.somebody go soon score own goal.

On the bolded text, can i in the same vein infer that "Frankly you can expect Ribadu to prosecute the enemies his boss "?.

Secondly are you before hand telling us that should ribadu make it to Aso rock, Tinubu and his pals would be eternal untouchables?

What happened to the corruption charges ribadu brought against Tinubu when he was EFCC czar?

On the strength of this inconsistent application of the Law by Ribadu when he headed EFCC, do you still see it a smart move to state anti-corruption as a reason to make ribau president?

I still dey laugh.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
Let's maintain the civility please.
No insults, no name-calling.

Just a reminder. Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
Nothing stops Ribadu from using the EFCC in much the same way past and present presidents have used it, should he get elected as president come april.

My problem is we have no assurance from Ribadu, judging by his record, that he will actually prosecute the corrupt in Office. Back when he worked as EFCC chair, he, Ribadu, essentially did Obasanjo's 'dirty work', turning a blind eye to the many other thieves-in-charge right in front of him and everyone else, and apparently scored points with many doing just that and not much else. So, how do we know now, that he has switched God Fathers, he will not be doing the bidding of his new Godfather? What guarantee do we have that rather than giving us the same old silly excuses for why he did not prosecute those in Obasanjo's pockets back when he served as EFCC headman, He will go after the corrupt, even Tinubu and those in Tinubu's pockets? And who is to say that Ribadu may not eventually re-unite with his old GodFather when things go sour with his new bedmate. lipsrsealed

The way I see it, we hav two men here who comfortably bedded the corrupt, and continue to. I don't see the sense in your trying to fill me with fantasy stories of how the one is better than the other when

a) Both are in cahoot with some big name individuals who many in Nigeria would like to see OPENED UP

b) Both Jonathan Goodluck and Ribadu seem to need these GODFATHER figures to gain and retain power, and have been known to turn a blind eye to the ills committed by their chosen GodFather at one time or another

c) Both men have no substantial record of actual leadership, and performance  to show they even have the base understanding of what it means to clean up the nation and how to do it. I know Ribadu's manifesto there is impressive, so was Yar adua's but look were that got it 3 years later.

d) Voting any of the two essentially means voting back the same old GARBAGE we are crying that we want to get rid of.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
Safari,
I have given you the lead role for Team Buhari, since GenBuhari hasn't showed up since yesterday.

Regards,
Debate Moderator.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Dave6: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
Quote from Jason123
My brothers and sisters, the messiah has come. He has come  to replace our corrupt mentality with hard work. He has come  to fish out our corrupt leader and hold them accountable. He  has come to lead us to a brighter and better Nigeria.  His  name is Buhari!!!

Quote from Jason 123
Fellow Nigerians, what has Jonathan done that is worthy of  praise?  He has had his "test-run" as the president of  our great nation and what has he achieved, if not  more anarchy, chaos and disorder . He is in a party that  has brought unimaginable suffering to us, to the ordinary  Nigerian citizens. Do we have to continue electing this evil  party into power? PDP has spent over 11  years in power and  yet they have not achieved anything, infact, the political party  almost split the country into two. A party that her members  threatens the unity of this country. Is that what you all want? Meanwhile, we have another option and it is ACN. You have all seen ACN's achievements in Lagos and Edo state. Do you not  want all that to be in your states? My people, RIBADU is the  change.

Pls Jason123 Who exactly are you advocating for?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2011
thanks for the honour, Jarus! I am at your service. where dem dey?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by marvix(m): 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan can be said to be a child of destiny.

While a lot of us like to ascribe his rise to luck, I have always ascribed it to diligent will and patience.

Anyone who thinks that the politics of Yaraduas illnes was a walkover should kindly have it at the back of their mind that Goodluck made it so.

My support for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is hinged on the premise that nothing achieved quickly lasts. The reason why corruption is still in our land today is because it caught up gradually with us, If we want good leadership we must be prepared to cultivate it.

Goodluck is the change we want, he is the change a lot of us have dreamt of, he is a man who understands in Nigeria that politics is not about right or wrong but instead about right and wrong, he is a man of peace who would readily sacrifice his ambitions in the interest of the nation.

Where are the fuel queues of 1995-2008, how come Judges are giving judgements and immediately we can celebrate victory even if the ruling is against the President and his friends.

How come we are looking forward to a free and fair contest where we even believe that it is possible for Ribadu to emerge winner, dont forget that Ribadu was an agent of intimidation in the runup to the 2007 elections.

Why do we want a magic wand solution to our problems when the problems didnot appear as quickly as magic, we took time to build our problems hence we must take time to build lasting solutions to the problems.

I had a very good opportunity of travelling PH to Lagos during the xmas break by road and I said to myself a lot of the people still complainin of bad roads dont even travel by it, they just complain because they believe they are bad.

There is no single Federal road that work is not ongoing, the roads had failed, reconstruction work had to be done and the reconstruction work is been done.

If a president decided to use up the excess crude account just to enable me buy fuel freely at the fuel stations, why wont I be reassured that he will even drawdown the foreign reserves to solve my power problems.

Goodluck is not a product of any cabal, the cabal is only trying to claim him now that he has sneaked up on them to steal into the office, Obj chose Yaradua, but Yaradua didnot live by Objs example, remember Yaradua ordered the release of funds held by Obj without any further court injuction or consultation with Obj.

RIbadu was sealing deals with corrupt governors to get them to support Objs candidate in 2007, in 2010 when Goodluck was saving Ribadu fromthe grip of the PSC and Aondoka he never demanded anything like support from him.

If we think that someone would come out of the blues and become president we may need to think about it again, Ribadu does not have the capacity yet to be President of the country, as he been a governor before, what would he do if his NASS decide to throw spanner into his clogs, would he not just use the police force to intimidate all of them to have his way.

A vote for Ribadu is a vote to eat up your future today, A vote for Buahri is a vote for bringing back the past but a vote for GEJ is a vote for a special breath of fresh air.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Gbawe: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
na_so:

Hmm.somebody go soon score own goal.

On the bolded text, can i in the same vein infer that "Frankly you can expect Ribadu to prosecute the enemies his boss "?.

Secondly are you before hand telling us that should ribadu make it to Aso rock, Tinubu and his pals would be eternal untouchables?

What happened to the corruption charges ribadu brought against Tinubu when he was EFCC czar?

On the strength of this inconsistent application of the Law by Ribadu when he headed EFCC, do you still see it a smart move to state anti-corruption as a reason to make ribau president?

I still dey laugh.

My friend , we cannot have puritanical saints involved with leadership in Nigeria at the moment because we are easily a 100 years behind some of the best democracies in the World. That is a fact that may not sit well with idealists . If Ribadu Presents the file of Bode George to OBJ and he is vetoed the option is for him to resign or carry on with the notion that "half bread is better than non" in the hope that a less compromised President , in future, will give him the leeway to do his job more effectively  . Some will say Ribadu should have resigned like Okonjo-Iweala while others will argue that the challenges are different and that Ribadu was right to carry on in a treachery-laden system with the contention that , while still in the system, he can influence the system for the better. Let us not forget that okonjo-Iweala , fantastic woman that she is and one of ribadu's admirer and staunch supporters, initially accepted her ungracious posting away from her beloved  Finance Ministry , after she had done so much for nigeria, because she "still felt compelled to serve her nation" . Infact she raised dust at her new appointment by revealing , to the embarrasment of OBJ and co, that pens, paper and basic office supplies were unavailable in testimony to rank decay. in the end they wanted her out and she obliged even as she was pained to do so.Certainly , some of the most intelligent Nigerians with the most upright character are behind this man more than anyone else . I would think that counts for an endorsement of Ribadu as a whole in recognition of the fact that , for the first time in our history, one man had a significant impact in tackling corruption, enhancing Nigeria's image and getting us declassified from many harmful lists that impact credit ratings, busines friendliness quotient, etc.

Ribadu did well in an environment where almost everyone else would have failed . After corruption had become institutionalised the onus , more or less , was on one man to reform the system. He did this well to local and international acclaim. Even an amateur knowledge of the prevailing political atmosphere at the time will make most folks understand that Ribadu did very well when OBJ probably brought in a sincere man he could use to gain kudos yet undermine in the end. The many respected Nigerians who remain fervent fans of Ribadu till date understand this concept even if some of us simplistically want to paint issues black and white . Ribadu , because of his experience, is actually even more qualified to fight corruption today than anyone else . He understands , more than anyone , that the EFCC can fail due to the whims and caprices of any President who is insincere and partisan in a nation where , for now, the President remains the ultimate and almost uncheckable strong man.

It is your turn now . can you tell us why Jonathan is surrounded by the most corrupt men in Nigeria's history? I.e OBJ, Anenih, Danjuma, et  al ? Why are they active and vocal proponents of his Government?  Can you tell us why Jonathan initiated a sham Halliburton trial that involved only a lowly aid of OBJ when all the big names implicated in the okiro report , to include a few former heads of State/Presidents, were totally ignored? What is now happening to the trial of the aid of OBJ ? We heard that GEJ's lawyers did not even bother turning up to file charges against this chap !!! how about the EFCC persecutions of Governors who failed to back GEJ? Why has the heat been turned down against them ? Is it because they agreed to deliver for GEJ? How about Teslim Folarin awaiting trial for murder without option of bail yet he was freed instantly , at the personal insistence of the IGP , and flown to Abuja to deliver delegeates to GEJ when those delegates had insisted on folarin's unconditional freedom as the price for their support of GEJ? The list is long and I can go on. Certainly if we are to agree that no saint can operate in Nigeria's murky political waters the search boils down to that of finding the lesser evil. Who , given what we have seen, does not think Ribadu is , by far, the lesser evil in comparison to GEJ?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2011
Fellow NLanders.

I do admire Nuhu Ribadu. he really has the drive for anti-corruption, but he did it in a careless manner just the way Buhari did in 1983 to '85. But Ribadu was not the problem, it was the institution and the structure that did not allow him to be independent of Obasanjo. Reminds me of the law of independent counsel which produced Kenneth Star, a man who became more powerful than the american president. Clinton did mention it in his book that it is his greatest regret to have signed that bill that gave rise to that role. but where is that law and that position of independent counsel today? thrown into the trashcan! we need something close to that bill that will make EFCC absolutely independent but now powerful than the positon of President.

Having said that, Buhari still remains my best option because Ribadu will fight corruption with reckless abandon- the way he talks displays this. He has not learnt from his mistakes, his excesses in riding a car over his oga, promoting impeachment of Alams & dariye with lawmakers that did not form a quorun, and talking of Tinubu being the most corrupt governor whose corruption is of international dimension, and exonerationg Bode George of a crime that still ended up jailing him under Yar'Adua Government. If Ribadu wins the presidential election on his first attempt, he will reinforce these mistakes as just. Does Ribadu knows how to build infrastructures? where is the experience? only in crime fighting and anti-corruption? Dora could as well do be a better president as she was completely blameless in tackling corruption in NAFDAC. Buhari on the other hand displayed same excesses in his own time as military head of state, but has grown wiser, and has shown his love for democracy by consistently contesting for president in 2 elections, challenging rigging in court even when his party then decided to pull out - he attended every single session of the court and Yar adua was lucky with a 3-2 split vote. A military background, but he has proven that a gun used in 1983 is not fit for these times, hence his achievable feats at the courts. Anti-corruption will remain his greatest drive, and it will not be with the same youthful exuberance he used in 1983. People say generational shift and i refuse to trust my generation - 30s to 50's - who have never tasted power. the few that have done have faltered, including Ribadu himself. power intoxicates and nigerian power even gets you drunk. that is why i go with a Buhari, who has seen it all. at 69, he has seen everything that could make him steal money, yet he remains a modest man whose means can be easily traced. at least, i have not seen any newspaper report or even rumour telling me he owns this company, owns this estate, owns a fleet of cars, has a house in Abuja. Someone who was Minister of Petroleum, NNPC chairman, governor, PTF chairman. where are his contemporaries. IBB is swimming in money, obj is swimming in money, danjuma has 2 oil wells he is confused over. List all the generals of his time, and you will see this man stand out

This is what I want, a tested integrity, not an untested one that can fall to the excess of Aso Rock power. 4 years for this man, and Ribadu can take over, after having been a governor, a senator, learning the robes.

&Marvix,

Please defend this: Jonathan is not an option - refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja because disgruntled national assemblies threatened to give their votes to atiku if he does do so. was completely dumbfounded and clueless on what to do on ATIKU's attacking speech and had to consult david mark, bankole, and obasanjo in the full glare of television cameras before making his own, drab, speech. this man has no balls!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Interesting debate! The all conquering (albeit mistaken) corruption killer, Ribadu cannot fight corruption in high places!
What then are his credentials for the presidency? His experience is Nil and like Atiku, he will not even carry his own local government in an election. What are the credentials being preached? How can a man who is unknown in is home state be pushed at Nigerians? There's something fundamentally wrong there.

Ribadu, no doubt is a relatively good man as far as the Nigerian political scene is concerned, but his archilles hill is that he has zero experience of life outside a uniform.
He would do well to gain some experience in the diplomacy, patience and wisdom that are required to socialise and sell ideas in a civilian setting.

The man is so unprepared it is shocking anyone would devote a second to his already marooned dreams. Some might consider that statement harsh, but picture the following:

[list]
[li]By some miracle of tectonic proportions, Ribadu wins the election[/li]
[li]The House of Reps is 90% PDP[/li]
[li]The Senate is 90% PDP[/li]
[li]26 governors are PDP[/li]
[li]Ribadu storms in and begins ordering everyone about. . . 2 and a half weeks later, Ribadu is impeached[/li]
[li]Or, Ribadu smells the coffee, and since he cannot investigate corruption in high places, he simply joins in and pops champagne[/li]
[/list]

Reality check. . .

Pointblanknews.com learnt that at his briefing with select media chiefs in Abuja on Thursday, Ribadu said he would not bother himself with the integrity of politicians who elect to sponsor his campaign.

When asked at the Wuse , Abuja briefing to justify his alliance with Tinubu who has been accused by his EFCC of laundering about N20 Billion of state's cash, Ribadu said “ I won't bother myself with the integrity of politicians that will sponsor my campaign as long as they won't keep their stolen money in my pocket

http://www.modernghana.com/news/296644/1/2011-i-wont-bother-myself-with-the-integrity-of-po.html

Nigeria needs a cool, wise head like Jonathans, not boxer and wrestler types who have not given due consideration to the responsibilities they so casually propose to bear.

Jonathans quiet way is what the anti-corruption battle requires, the recent PDP primaries is an example. Compared to all other parties, it was a showpiece of excellence. We all counted the votes out of the transparent ballot boxes together. Way to go! cool

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
And Jonathan will fight corruption? Beaf, your guys is worse than Ribadu or Buhari, he is corrupt, easily influenced, does not have balls of his own. at this Buhari and Ribadu has proven that they can go for the kill. What about your man, only Ibori since May last year.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
PDP primaries free and fair? after your guy has exchanged automatic tickets for corrupt governors for their delegates votes. Supports Akala of all people, sylva a failure in bayelsa. did you hear the announcement that a brown envelope containing dollars was found on the ground? $7000 to each delegate? I believe this because your was so daft as to offer Tunde Bakare and Odumakin of all people $50000 in aso rock. your guy has proved that he can give away anything including his balls for his ambition. we shall see in april
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
My fellow country men and women, did you all see the calibre of people GJ was seen celebrating with after he won the primaries? Its either they have ruled before or about to rule the country, they all have accounts both home and abroad. Even the First lady of Nigeria (Patience, the wife of GJ) has joined them by stashing money abroad. Yet, you want to vote such as the next President of our great nation? That would be unfair on our children and the unborn generation would curse us for not acting now!
My brothers and sisters, are you not all tired of sending your children abroad (even Ghana cry) for education? Are you not all tired of the 10 years OBJ and Yaradua used to punish us because we voted for them? Are you not all tired of the chaos and rumours of war that has accompanied Goodluck's tenure?

Please fellow citizens of Nigeria, Let's not vote because GJ's is in vogue. Instead, let us vote with determination to wrestle the power away from PDP. We can do it and WE WILL DO IT!!! Up ACN, Up RIBADU!!!!

God Bless Nigeria!!!!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

And Jonathan will fight corruption? Beaf, your guys is worse than Ribadu or Buhari, he is corrupt, easily influenced, does not have balls of his own. at this Buhari and Ribadu has proven that they can go for the kill. What about your man, only Ibori since May last year.
Thank you. Unfortunately, our president only cares about the election right now!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2011
marvix:

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan can be said to be a child of destiny.
While a lot of us like to ascribe his rise to luck, I have always ascribed it to diligent will and patience.
What is the logic behind this inferred "Child of Destiny" conclusion? Get it right, not all Nigerians are Hero-whores. I don't ascribe his rise to luck in anyway. What I see is a man who road the same corrupt vehicle many hundreds did to power. Nothing to do with luck or stars.
marvix:

Anyone who thinks that the politics of Yaraduas illnes was a walkover should kindly have it at the back of their mind that Goodluck made it so.
What?
marvix:

My support for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is hinged on the premise that nothing achieved quickly lasts. The reason why corruption is still in our land today is because it caught up gradually with us, If we want good leadership we must be prepared to cultivate it.
Are we then to praise the Yar adua administration for accomplishing almost nothing quickly in 3 years? And given that Jonathan was also a part of also a part of that administration, are you suggesting we should expect the same NOTHING ACHIEVED quickly approach to tackling even corruption in Nigeria? Yes, the man has shown us, in the past 7 months since he took office, that we are likely to get nothing quickly, are are you confirming our perception?

marvix:

Goodluck is the change we want, he is the change a lot of us have dreamt of, he is a man who understands in Nigeria that politics is not about right or wrong but instead about right and wrong, he is a man of peace who would readily sacrifice his ambitions in the interest of the nation.
WHAT? shocked

He is the change we want because politics is not about righty or wrong but about right and wrong? Care to expound on that bit?

You say he will readily sacrifice his ambitions, but according to his record he has yet to sacrifice anything so far. He openly bedded the corrupt elite in the nation  -- he has been directly linked to some of the big thieves we have in the land to date. He refused to sacrifice his presidential ambition in honor of an agreement he signed on to when he joined the party -- he took full advantage of the gains to get himself to where he is today, now you are talking of him sacrificing what now? What are we to assume that such a man would be willing to sacrifice?
marvix:

Where are the fuel queues of 1995-2008, how come Judges are giving judgements and immediately we can celebrate victory even if the ruling is against the President and his friends.

What about the fact that the fuel queues actually started disappearing back in 2009, when the Yar adua amnesty program started to take hold, and also the oil sector started recording increases per quarter in production levels? Are we to assume that Jonathan made this happen, before he came to power in march of 2010?

marvix:

How come we are looking forward to a free and fair contest where we even believe that it is possible for Ribadu to emerge winner, dont forget that Ribadu was an agent of intimidation in the runup to the 2007 elections.
Is this really the first time Nigerians have looked forward to a free and fair election in all of our history?

marvix:

Why do we want a magic wand solution to our problems when the problems didnot appear as quickly as magic, we took time to build our problems hence we must take time to build lasting solutions to the problems.
What magic wand solutions do you refer to here? Is 7 months too short a period to even OBSERVE or even get a hint of the PROMISED Change?

marvix:

If a president decided to use up the excess crude account just to enable me buy fuel freely at the fuel stations, why wont I be reassured that he will even drawdown the foreign reserves to solve my power problems.
WOW . . .  Your post there reminded me of the report from Venezuela on the BBC last night. lol

marvix:

Goodluck is not a product of any cabal, the cabal is only trying to claim him now that he has sneaked up on them to steal into the office, Obj chose Yaradua, but Yaradua didnot live by Objs example, remember Yaradua ordered the release of funds held by Obj without any further court injuction or consultation with Obj.

Ever since Dora introduced the word CABAL in to the vocabulary of many Nigerians, I am afraid many have used it to create fantastical reasons to excuse the unexcusable. We know that Jonathan and Yar adua were unknowns prior to 2007. We also know that there are no records stating the two men ever knew or heard of each other prior to the 2007 elections. Also, we know that Obasanjo was likely the one who pulled the strings to get the two men on the ticket and propelled them into ASOROCK, your assumptions of Yar adua's treatment of Obasanjo aside, how exactly does any of what you have above prove that Jonathan was not a product of any Cabal?   For one it seems since taking Office, Jonathn has gone out of his way to restore Obasanjo.

marvix:

RIbadu was sealing deals with corrupt governors to get them to support Objs candidate in 2007, in 2010 when Goodluck was saving Ribadu fromthe grip of the PSC and Aondoka he never demanded anything like support from him.
This is essentially the same thing Jonathan has been accused of doing in the past couple of months as well. Care to provide proof of your clam that Goodluck never demanded support of any kind from Ribadu?

marvix:

If we think that someone would come out of the blues and become president we may need to think about it again, Ribadu does not have the capacity yet to be President of the country, as he been a governor before, what would he do if his NASS decide to throw spanner into his clogs, would he not just use the police force to intimidate all of them to have his way.
A vote for Ribadu is a vote to eat up your future today, A vote for Buahri is a vote for bringing back the past but a vote for GEJ is a vote for a special breath of fresh air.
How can a vote for Goodluck Jonathan is a vote for special breath of fresh air when a vote for him essentially is a vote for Obasanjo, A vote for IBB since IBB is and remains a part of the PDP engine, A Vote for the same old batch of thieves and ex-convicts to continue to laugh in the face of the Nigerian people?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Dave6: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
Quote from Jason123
Tinubu has no power over Ribadu (atleast, when he gets there, he would have no power). Moreover, a vote for GJ is a vote for  ObJ, IBB and the rest of the cabal.

Why did you just assume that? How are you not sure that the country would be in the same predicament it's in now (same toilet, different sh.it) + why do you think GJ won't do what you assumed above in due time?
Do you think that when Ribadu assumes the no.1 position he would just immediately ignore or get rid of his corrupt party members/cabals?

I've looked critically at the two most tangible candidates GJ and Ribadu. Initially I hoped for the latter to contest for presido, but you have to realise something -
1. he can't be a one-man gang; there are corrupt people in all the parties, whether pdp or acn.  
2. Jonathan is a product of obj? Ribadu is also a product of obj!
3. GJ at least has 8 months experience as the president; Mr Ribadu is a fresher to politics (forget efcc)

Let's just take this last risk with a government that's just about to get on its feet with the Hope for a better and permanent change; cos someone like Ribadu would need a relatively stable political atmosphere to perform and sincerely we as a country can't afford going backward due to an inexperienced leader; besides one problem we've always had in this country is lack of continuity (once one gov't finishes with its party problems and from the drawing board, it's out without effective (if any) implementation and another gov't comes in and goes to its own drawing board)
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Gbawe: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Precisely . Either Buhari or Ribadu will move Nigeria forward if they become President. Jonathan will not . We have seen him doing things that are seen only in failed nations. The unconditional release of Teslim Folarin from prison , over a murder charge, when bail had been refused previously, is a case in point . Folarin was subsequently whisked to Abuja, courtesy of GEJ, to deliver the votes of delegates who had insisted they would not vote for GEJ if Folarin is not freed unconditionally.  shocked shocked Jonathan's IGP 'yes man' (Ringim) got involved and viola  murder Charge dismissed . Folarin was then promptly delivered to Abuja in the kind of do-or-die hoopla OBJ, Anenih et al would have been proud of.  GEJ got his win and everyone is happy !!!!

How about the Ogun State impeachment debacle where OGD and his crew set new precedence of legislative gangsterism? How did GEJ reward OGD ? By making him his election coordinator for the SW region !!! Again everyone is happy - except our political , judicial and legislative system that are descending further into new lows courtesy of the sheer desperation of a self-admitted mediocre administrator who is determined to hang on to power when he did not seek it let alone talk of knowing what to do with it. Jonathan is precisely the same as Yar Adua and Shagari . I hope he won't get the chance those two did to regress our drive towards progress.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Are you from Atiku's village?
Dude, this agbero style politics of just plucking labels from thin air failed woefully. Why can't a lot of Nigerians be sophisticated in their politics?
Please give us facts, proofs and things we can chew on, this gutter style, street corner rumour politics will never cut it again. The political scenery has changed forever with GEJ, those who cannot see this get left behind, practising the same old useless politics and expecting new results.

Dude please, come at me with facts and facts only.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
Dav.e:

Let's just take this last risk with a government that's just about to get on its feet with the Hope for a better and permanent change; cos someone like Ribadu would need a relatively stable political atmosphere to perform and sincerely we as a country can't afford going backward due to an inexperienced leader; besides one problem we've always had in this country is lack of continuity (once one gov't finishes with its party problems and from the drawing board, it's out without effective (if any) implementation and another gov't comes in and goes to its own drawing board)

Why take a risk with a government and party that in the last 12 years has shown you, clear as day, that it does not have your good at heart and will throw you the occassional bone to appease you so it can continue to enrich itself at your own detriment?

Why sign over another 4 years of your life, your children's future, to the same confirmed evil? Why pin it all on HOPE, which has so far not panned out for you, when you can change things now for your own GOOD?

You point out that someone like Ribadu will need a relatively stable political atmosphere to perform but you forget that the same applies to Jonathan in this. These two men apply have some sort of dependence on their BABYSITTERS(corrupt/cabal) in order to gain or stay in office and probably will have to check with their BABYSITTER to decide what they can accomplish and what they can't. 

So far, after 8 months, Jonathan has yet to PERFORM. No sign of any attempts by the current administration to fight corruption at any level, you want to think of. Even the security situation in the country seems to have worsened in that period. How do we interprete that?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2011
@beaf

why you dey rant? Just prove that your guy has balls to fight corruption. we that are supporting Ribadu and Buhari obviously are not sponsored because people who are not in power do not attract support.

this is where you got it wrong. when did you start noticing Jonathan? deputy gov, gov, vee pee. Jonathan became popular when he became president and that goes for ibb, obj, ibb, abacha -2million man match!

People who support inept human beings in power are always suspected to be state-sponsored, and I suspect you.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by safariSA: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2011
@kobojunkie,

Nice analysis. you really took your time to nail that!

By the way, you have not told us your candidate, or maybe i have not seen the thread contribution on that.

@ALL

If you are either a Buhari or Ribadu supporter, we should not be arguing since CPC and ACN alliance are still open (CPC represented Buhari at the ACN convention. what we should be discussing is how the partnership will work out, considering Buhari's popularity in the North (19 million votes in 2 elections from that part) and Ribadu's popularity in the west.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2011
Dav.e:

Quote from Jason123
Why did you just assume that? How are you not sure that the country would be in the same predicament it's in now (same toilet, different sh.it) + why do you think GJ won't do what you assumed above in due time?
Do you think that when Ribadu assumes the no.1 position he would just immediately ignore or get rid of his corrupt party members/cabals?

I've looked critically at the two most tangible candidates GJ and Ribadu. Initially I hoped for the latter to contest for presido, but you have to realise something -
1. he can't be a one-man gang; there are corrupt people in all the parties, whether pdp or acn.  
2. Jonathan is a product of obj? Ribadu is also a product of obj!
3. GJ at least has 8 months experience as the president; Mr Ribadu is a fresher to politics (forget efcc)

Good points.
First of all, are you in Nigeria? Have seen the way the country has degenerated to Pakistan within a year?
Yes, you are right. He cannot be a one man gang but with the support of people like you and I he would perform. There are corrupt people in both parties but ACN does the JOB first before corruption (the evidence is there for all to see)
Secondly, they are both products of OBJ but Ribadu has shown that he does not need the bribes offered to him by some cabals and thats the major difference apart from the age group factor which is quite important to change the political terrain for good.
Your thrid point is quite comical, What has experienced politics brought to Nigeria? Did IBB, ATIKU, OBJ and even GJ not have experience? But it took a civil and humble man (without experience) like Fashola to bring Lagos to the lips of everyone's mouth.
Lastly, my brother, we have always been" taking the risk" and what has it brought us?? We need to be brave and make bold steps to move forward as a Nation.
Please brother, our fellow country men are dying because of the actions and policies of PDP. Our fellow country men are talking about spliting the country because of PDP. Why do you now want to vote the same PDP in? GJ is not the answer! If he is elected, we would be here talking about how rubbish he is in 4 years time while these cabal would be still in control of the government.
May God help you make the right decision.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:07am On Jan 16, 2011
^^^ corrected some typo. wink
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2011
Beaf:

Are you from Atiku's village?
Dude, this agbero style politics of just plucking labels from thin air failed woefully. Why can't a lot of Nigerians be sophisticated in their politics?
Please give us facts, proofs and things we can chew on, this gutter style, street corner rumour politics will never cut it again. The political scenery has changed forever with GEJ, those who cannot see this get left behind, practising the same old useless politics and expecting new results.

Dude please, come at me with facts and facts only.

How has the political scenery changed

@ My people

As you all can see, all the GJ supporters only care about politics. What about you and I What about the country To them, its a victory for the SS but we have to resist it! We have to vote somone with the vision, charisma and intellect to change the direction of the country. We have to vote ACN AND RIBADU!!!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:19am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA:

@beaf

why you dey rant? Just prove that your guy has balls to fight corruption. we that are supporting Ribadu and Buhari obviously are not sponsored because people who are not in power do not attract support.

this is where you got it wrong. when did you start noticing Jonathan? deputy gov, gov, vee pee. Jonathan became popular when he became president and that goes for ibb, obj, ibb, abacha -2million man match!

People who support inept human beings in power are always suspected to be state-sponsored, and I suspect you.

Like I said, this mindless trash talking politics is for yesterday, the day of coup plotters and law breakers like Buhari. It is a new time, but you might not understand that, hence your striving to reduce this debate to mudslinging. Come up with some substance man! You should be the next to be warned by Jarus after Gbawe.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:29am On Jan 16, 2011
Some really serious question marks hang over Buhari's suitabilty for office of any sort.

There was a raging saga over $2.8billion missing from NNPC's coffers when Shagari's govt came to power. Now, you would agree that $2.8billion is not a sum to be waved away by any measure.

That money was actually traced to his Midland bank fixed deposit account in London by a Senate committee headed by (Olusola saraki) during Shagari's time, that is the real reason Buhari disdainfully smashed that lawfully elected govt and siezed power. As soon as Decree 4 that made reporting any embarrassing news about a serious crime (even if it was the truth) and all hands that could implicate him were sacked or jailed (including Fela and Vera Ifudu - for airing the news on NTA), Buhari stunned the nation by publicly announcing that he was ready to resign. Job done, tracks covered, documents shredded!
Buhari's shock announcement, after just a couple of months in power shook the nation and saw Idiagbon rise and take his place; Buhari became a figurehead with a junior ranking officer in Idiagbon manning all executive powers of state; that is the reason IBB had to wait for Idiagbon to leave the country before striking, Buhari was well and truly in Nigeria and powerless as any figurehead when the IBB palace coup took place.

ALL Buhari's claimed achievement are entirely due to Idiagbon ALONE.

Now, add the above to the mans religious radicalisation after leaving power and you get the picture of an exceedingly dangerous man a bit on the crazed side. In 2001, Buhari declared that sharia should be installed across the whole of Nigeria.
Who wants a wild-eyed president that would neglect the non-Muslim population and spend his time issuing sharia fatuahs? He would even alienate the vast majority of Nigerian Muslims who are moderate.
Anyone that wishes to be president of Nigeria must be religiously moderate and tolerant.

Decree 4 was designed to shield Buhari and his minions from being accountable to the Nigerian people. The intent of the decree was clear -- to silence opinion, speculation and even the truth.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/carticles/confessions_of_a_prosecutor.htm

Every point above is easily verifiable, from court cases to Senate documents and NTA recordings. I expect any reply to be coldly logical and devoid of sentiment.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:34am On Jan 16, 2011
Bombshell! Act On Patience Jonathan’s Massive-Money-Laundering, Group Asks Jonathan, EFCC

CC: MRS FARIDA WAZIRI, CHAIRMAN EFCC
MINISTER OF JUSTICE AND ATTORNEY-GENERAL
THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONER IN NIGERIA
TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
MALLAM NUHU RIBADU
MR FESTUS KEYAMO
PROFESSOR WOLE SOYINKA & PASTOR BAKARE

DATE: April 28, 2010.

We hereby seek your urgent intervention in matters under investigation and those that we believe EFCC ought to immediately investigate as no man or woman is above the law.

1. In 2006, consequent upon a motion of urgent public importance moved by distinguished Senator Fidelis Okoro, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as Chairman of EFCC was invited to address the Senate on issues of corruption on Wednesday 13th September, 2006. During Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s address on the floor of the Senate, he stated and we quote “There is also a petition against the Governor’s wife alleging that she was involved in laundering the sum of one hundred and four million into fine-land account. She is also being investigated.”

The wife of the Governor of Bayelsa state in 2006, Mrs. Patience Jonathan was the person Mallam Nuhu Ribadu referred to and this can be confirmed from records of the Senate.

Your Excellency, we are concerned that the same Mallam Nuhu Ribadu who remains a dismissed Nigerian police officer thus ineligible for appointment in Nigerian public service is now being hailed by you is the same person who publicly indicted your wife as stated earlier yet EFCC have not made a public declaration of the outcome of the investigation.

Prince Vincent Ogbulafor is currently being charged for offences allegedly committed in 2001 so the same should apply to your wife or the final report made public by EFCC.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

2. In response to a question during an interview with the Guardian on Sunday, February 24, 2008 as follows; “was it true that you gave Obasanjo N800,million for his campaign?”, General Danjuma replied;

“No I did not give him. I helped finance his first term election. I raised $7 million. Slightly more than half of it came from my pocket. The other half came from my business associates. And this money was passed on to him through (former National Security Adviser, Gen) Aliyu Gusau”.

“Aliyu Gusau came to my house here (in Lagos). Each time I carried thousands, thousands and thousands (of naira) to him in Ghana-must- go”.

The claims of the Chairman of your Presidential Advisory Council (PAC), General Danjuma tha General Aliyu Gusau who is now your National Security Adviser (NSA) collected the naira equivalent of millions of dollars in Ghana-must-go bags at a time the American backed money laundering act was in place must be investigated.

3. In the same interview, General Danjuma said; “It is this same Aremu, who used to harass his perceived enemies and political opponents. He used Ribadu and some of his Ministers to pursue (former Vice President) Atiku (Abubakar). He used Ribadu and (Malam Nasir) el-Rufai and one or two of his ministers to cover his tracks in the PTDF (Petroleum Technology Development Fund).

General Danjuma should be invited to provide information about the PTDF scandal.

4. All the indicted parties in the Okiro report on the Halliburton scandal must be charged to court immediately.

Your Excellency, the world awaits your decisive and courageous actions.

Mallam Umaru Mohammed
Daura, Katsina State.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2011
My brothers and sisters, there is more.

First Lady Patience Jonathan on Gold Buying Junket To Dubai and Lebanon

Nigerians the world over are raising furrowed eyebrows over the departure, last night, of Mrs. Patience Jonathan, reportedly for Dubai. It is her second visit to the United Arab Emirates, where many wealthy people now shop for expensive luxury items; the first was recently, while her husband was serving as “Acting President.” A source said she would be leaving for Lebanon from Dubai, and that she is known to be interested in buying gold jewelry.
Presidency officials are warily staying away from the sensitive subject of why the new First Lady, who has two money-laundering scandals against her that have yet to be resolved, seems to have discovered a new taste for the Emirates. One presidency official who requested anonymity described the trip as a “private visit” to Lebanon, not Dubai.

“This is the strangest of visits for Mrs. Jonathan,” a political analyst told Saharareporters in Abuja. “To begin with, this woman has a legal record and she surely must know that the days of a quiet private visit for her are over. Second, President Olusegun Obasanjo’s wife died on an operating table in a foreign capital; is Mrs. Jonathan visiting a foreign doctor? Third, her husband’s predecessor just passed away. Are these not reasons why someone in her position should be thinking of a low, low profile only weeks after her husband assumed the presidency?”

In August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seized the sum of N104 million from one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu, an associate of Patience Jonathan. Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court gave EFCC the legal backing to retain the N104 million seized from Mrs. Jonathan and her associate. Weeks later, in September, the EFCC seized $13.5 million dollars from Mrs. Jonathan, and announced that the seizure followed Mrs. Jonathan’s attempt to launder the money through an associate. At that time, her husband held sway as Governor of Bayelsa State.

Those cases were never discharged, as her husband became vice-presidential candidate, and then vice-president. His assuming the presidency and affirming his readiness to combat graft in the country has had many Nigerians wondering whether he will handle the case concerning his wife with nepotism. Today, as word spread she had left for Dubai, tongues began to wag.

“Nigeria’s first Lady Dame Patience Jonathan may have unknowingly re-opened her money laundering case pending before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission by her present trip to Dubai,” the website “destinationnigeria.” commented this afternoon. “Now many Nigerians are wondering what her mission to Dubai at this time of their presidency could be.” At the site, many Nigerians are commenting on the visit, many of them harshly.

Under Yar’Adua, Mrs. Jonathan was largely subdued, as Hajia took control of the presidency, sidelining Mr. Jonathan who was Yar’Adua’s deputy. Since the death of Yar’Adua two weeks ago, Mrs. Jonathan has unveiled a high profile presence, flagging off events and making speeches.

Interestingly, Dubai authorities last week detained a high profile money launderer, former Governor of Delta State, James Ibori, who is now awaiting court hearing for possible extradition to the UK. It is not clear if Mrs. Jonathan would meet with Ibori during her visit to the UAE.

Mrs. Jonathan left for Dubai last night on an Emirates flight after a presidential jet dropped her off in Lagos. She is being accompanied on her trip by Mrs. Bola Shagaya
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2011
jason123:

Bombshell! Act On Patience Jonathan’s Massive-Money-Laundering, Group Asks Jonathan, EFCC

CC: MRS FARIDA WAZIRI, CHAIRMAN EFCC
MINISTER OF JUSTICE AND ATTORNEY-GENERAL
THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONER IN NIGERIA
TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
MALLAM NUHU RIBADU
MR FESTUS KEYAMO
PROFESSOR WOLE SOYINKA & PASTOR BAKARE

DATE: April 28, 2010.

We hereby seek your urgent intervention in matters under investigation and those that we believe EFCC ought to immediately investigate as no man or woman is above the law.

1. In 2006, consequent upon a motion of urgent public importance moved by distinguished Senator Fidelis Okoro, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as Chairman of EFCC was invited to address the Senate on issues of corruption on Wednesday 13th September, 2006. During Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s address on the floor of the Senate, he stated and we quote “There is also a petition against the Governor’s wife alleging that she was involved in laundering the sum of one hundred and four million into fine-land account. She is also being investigated.”

The wife of the Governor of Bayelsa state in 2006, Mrs. Patience Jonathan was the person Mallam Nuhu Ribadu referred to and this can be confirmed from records of the Senate.

Your Excellency, we are concerned that the same Mallam Nuhu Ribadu who remains a dismissed Nigerian police officer thus ineligible for appointment in Nigerian public service is now being hailed by you is the same person who publicly indicted your wife as stated earlier yet EFCC have not made a public declaration of the outcome of the investigation.

Prince Vincent Ogbulafor is currently being charged for offences allegedly committed in 2001 so the same should apply to your wife or the final report made public by EFCC.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

2. In response to a question during an interview with the Guardian on Sunday, February 24, 2008 as follows; “was it true that you gave Obasanjo N800,million for his campaign?”, General Danjuma replied;

“No I did not give him. I helped finance his first term election. I raised $7 million. Slightly more than half of it came from my pocket. The other half came from my business associates. And this money was passed on to him through (former National Security Adviser, Gen) Aliyu Gusau”.

“Aliyu Gusau came to my house here (in Lagos). Each time I carried thousands, thousands and thousands (of naira) to him in Ghana-must- go”.

The claims of the Chairman of your Presidential Advisory Council (PAC), General Danjuma tha General Aliyu Gusau who is now your National Security Adviser (NSA) collected the naira equivalent of millions of dollars in Ghana-must-go bags at a time the American backed money laundering act was in place must be investigated.

3. In the same interview, General Danjuma said; “It is this same Aremu, who used to harass his perceived enemies and political opponents. He used Ribadu and some of his Ministers to pursue (former Vice President) Atiku (Abubakar). He used Ribadu and (Malam Nasir) el-Rufai and one or two of his ministers to cover his tracks in the PTDF (Petroleum Technology Development Fund).

General Danjuma should be invited to provide information about the PTDF scandal.

4. All the indicted parties in the Okiro report on the Halliburton scandal must be charged to court immediately.

Your Excellency, the world awaits your decisive and courageous actions.

Mallam Umaru Mohammed
Daura, Katsina State.

Are you saying Ribadu is a liar? He says all the above are smear campaigns and rumours by dishonest politicians.
How could you accuse Ribadu of lying and turn around to ask that we vote him in? IBB is a lier, thats why many deslike him, why would you campaign for a liar.

I have demanded earlier in tis thread that you apologise to Ribadu's supporters. I for one do not believe him to be a liar. These are his very own words:

“ But this week, Ribadu denied he ever handled any case against Mrs Jonathan. He said “I never handled any case against Mrs. Patience Jonathan. It was a case involving one lady who was reported by a bank, there was lodgment of about N70 million, and while we were investigating it we discovered that she did a contract in Bayelsa”

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by jason123: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2011
Beaf:

^
Are you saying Ribadu is a liar?

How
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Gbawe: 12:42am On Jan 16, 2011
Beaf:

Like I said, this mindless trash talking politics is for yesterday, the day of coup plotters and law breakers like Buhari. It is a new time, but you might not understand that, hence your striving to reduce this debate to mudslinging. Come up with some substance man! You should be the next to be warned by Jarus after Gbawe.

And so ? Should he be shaking in his boots because of the potentials of being 'warned' by a mod on an internet chat forum ?  Are you not ashamed with this 'teachers pet' attempt at getting Jarus to sanction others? You are like the football player, disliked by upright folks in the game , because you are always trying to get others sent off so that the game becomes unequal and you gets an easier ride . You take yourself far too seriously and that is a joke. Jarus is a moderator on this forum. Nothing more . He is not and should not be a figure of authority to well-adjusted adult Nairalanders . Get that into your head . Some of us , with real lives and real achievements , don't think we are back in Primary school simply because we are on an Internet forum with a few rules .  Get over your Schoolmaster and powerless little schoolboy mentality . Jarus Moderates but he still works for all of us .  we respect him and he respects us. Thats how it works. I bet you use the "report to moderator " option a lot .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

On Biafra And Lower Niger / Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage / Revenge Porn: Confusion In Court As IGP, AGF Bicker Over Ohakim’s Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.