Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (37248 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2011
safari SA:

@Beaf

You have remained hopeless and clueless in defending you candidate despite all allegations against him. All you can do is to keep maligning Buhari, leaving your candidate, GEJ to wallow in his ballesssness. you are such an insincere debater and deceiving contributor like your sponsor GEJ.

Err, my candidate is not a sharia monger or wannabe almajiri leader. GEJ is a man that reaches out to all across faiths, Muslim, Christian, animist etc; he is a large tent under which all Nigerians can gather. He surely isn't a scary eyed stick weilder, waiting for the opportunity to force extreme religious views on the innocent like Buhari.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2011
@ safari SA , GenBuhar , Lagos Boy and Beaf,

After a careful analysis, I have come up with the following conclusions :

1. Jonathan

Now  Jonathan has good intentions, but his hands are tied with all the corrupt people around him, hangers on and the residue of bitterness from the Yaradua issues. Therefore change though possible might become an illusion.

2. Buhari

Buhari during the War against Indiscipline used too much force, you know at that time, soldiers rampaged through various markets, forcing the prices down for most consumables. Traders and business people lost a fortune.

I think arresting people, and making them pay an on the spot fines for careless behaviour would have been a better method. Instead people were flogged , disgraced and treated like children.

So while I admire many traits in Buhari I will not vote for him because of the military connection and force issues.

3. Mallam Nuhu Ribadu

Yes this is my choice for President of Nigeria for 2011. Unfortunately he is unlikely to win because I see potential rigging, mass fraud and the usual corruption.

He is young, energetic, intelligent and has what it takes to overhaul the mad house we call Nigeria. Honesly think about it guys.

Unfortunately if Buhari or GEJ win by election fraud, it is unlikely that we will see change, because what is founded on corruption will only produce more of the same corruption.

Ribadu for 2011.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Frosbell,

so what is the difference between police force & military? Buhari has been out of military for 15 years, Ribadu like 3 yrs ago. who has blended well in civilian society ever since? anyway i still love your analyis. i like Ribadu, but too restless and aggressive for me at this point.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2011
ode remo:
beaf common grow up that article was written in 2001.

Since then,what has Buhari said/done to show he has changed his mindset from that of a sharia terrorist
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by hercules07: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2011
Apparently since you guys have defeated Atiku with the help of brown envelopes, the next target is the man that will give your benefactor a run for his money, Nigerians are no longer swayed by sentiments, we know the destruction that PDP has wrought on the nation and we are not going to give them a chance to continue messing around witho our lives, we will vote PDP out.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Dave6: 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2011
beaf common grow up that article was written in 2001. dont come as if yor man is saint jonathan.

2001, just barely a year after 3000 people (official report o!) lost their lives in the very same State.
He came out again, was it in 2003? and vomited 'Muslims should vote only for Muslims'.
Contrary to his stupid beliefs, most Muslims in Nigeria are actually level-headed human beings. As usual, he lost.
Is this what you call a politician?

In 2007, he assumed his normal position.

Now, 2011, he don change party, come keep quiet; make e no worry, e know im normal position.
If he like make e use walking stick come contest, e know im place.

I don't have much to say.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2011
In calmly deflecting, blocking and side-stepping all attacks and ridiculous claims by desperate supporters of Islamist terrorist Ayatollah Buhari, our man Beaf's masterful control of this chaotic skirmish brings to mind the minimalist close-quarters combat techniques of an Akkido grand master, whose multiple frenzied opponents launch flailing kamikaze attacks from all directions, only to find themselves flipped effortlessly head-over-heels into shattering windows and furniture, while their elusive target remains cool, collected and in perfect balance at the eye of the storm.

I chit you not, Steven Seagal ain't got nothing on Sensei Beaf in this epic pre-election showdown.  There's a couple more sneaking up to your left, buddy.     Holy smokes ! They're down in a heap already, bellowing like stuck pigs about their dislocated arms !    Hot damn,  this is the sort of show I LIVE for.   Go ahead on boy, phuck up a few more of 'em before you take a breather while yet more run in to earn their fast-track ticket to the emergency ward.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Dave6: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^ cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2011
Dav.e,
Buhari was misquoted, by a yoruba journalist who does not even speak the Hausa language. He never said Muslims should not vote for Christians, he said he was responding to a question and said people should vote for those they trust.

Buhari in his videoed interview say that he has been trying to put the record straight ever since, by letters and meetings with Pastors , Priests Bishops and public denial of this alegations but mischievous people like yourselves continue to perpurtuate the false claims.

See video below of Buhari putting record straight:
http://www.saharareporters.com/video/general-muhammed-buhari-speaks

None of you scare-mongers who keep making these allegations against Buhari, has ever produced video evidence or audio recording of anything that Buhari has the fundetalist views you are claiming he has. all you have is hearsay and when the man comes out in a video to deny the allegations, you do not seem to accept his explanation.

it seems that his enemies are the corupt people who understand that Buhari will deal with them when he becomes president are desperate to pin untruths on him, to put ignorant people off voting for him.

If he was such a fundamentalist, why did he not implement Sharia when he had the opportunity as a military head of state?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2011
I have discovered that on NL, those who hate Nigeria are more than those who love this country.

Those who support GEJ are the enemies of Nigeria

A support for GEJ is a support for continued corruption practises, MAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY open the eyes of the gullible into seeing and knowing the truth.

I have said it before and still saying it, my generation (the youth of today) are just too daft, short sighted and very vulnurable than their fathers, they cannot think for themselves.
In short, the present Nigerians don't know what they want.

They said Corruption is killing Nigeria, but they are hell bent in allowing corrupt people cling to power.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for OBJ, IBB, ATIKU, ANEINH, BANKOLE, DAVID MARK and all the thieves in Nigeria, because this is going to make them continue robbing Nigeria dry until there's no more left for the coming generations.

sad sad sad sad

I don't care if I'm going to be the only Christian to vote for Buhari, but I'm going to do that, so that when corruption continues (If Buhari fails to win), then i wouldn't be disappointed.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by mensdept: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
honeric01:

I have discovered that on NL, those who hate Nigeria are more than those who love this country.

Those who support GEJ are the enemies of Nigeria

A support for GEJ is a support for continued corruption practises, MAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY open the eyes of the gullible into seeing and knowing the truth.

I have said it before and still saying it, my generation (the youth of today) are just too daft, short sighted and very vulnurable than their fathers, they cannot think for themselves.
In short, the present Nigerians don't know what they want.

They said Corruption is killing Nigeria, but they are hell bent in allowing corrupt people cling to power.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for OBJ, IBB, ATIKU, ANEINH, BANKOLE, DAVID MARK and all the thieves in Nigeria, because this is going to make them continue robbing Nigeria dry until there's no more left for the coming generations.

sad sad sad sad

I don't care if I'm going to be the only Christian to vote for Buhari, but I'm going to do that, so that when corruption continues (If Buhari fails to win), then i wouldn't be disappointed.

Mr Man, many of your lines made lots of sense.  Even though I support GEJ, supporting him has the implications you stated, that OBJ, Anenih, and co will indirectly/directly benefit. Imagine in Imo State the PDP senatorial candidates- absolute NONSENSE, along with the fool governor, his neighbor fool governor in Abia, not to talk of Oba Daniels in Ogun.

Yet, the alternative you propose--supporting Buhari, is definitely stealing from the devil to give to Lucifer. Not only is it worse, we even know the devil's name.

Instead we need to be talking about serious revolution and change, and frankly, that is not a 1980s military dictator in 2011 and beyond.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2011
mens dept:

Mr Man, many of your lines made lots of sense.  Even though I support GEJ, supporting him has the implications you stated, that OBJ, Anenih, and co will indirectly/directly benefit. Imagine in Imo State the PDP senatorial candidates- absolute NONSENSE, along with the fool governor, his neighbor fool governor in Abia, not to talk of Oba Daniels in Ogun.

Yet, the alternative you propose--supporting Buhari, is definitely stealing from the devil to give to Lucifer. Not only is it worse, we even know the devil's name.

Instead we need to be talking about serious revolution and change, and frankly, that is not a 1980s military dictator in 2011 and beyond.

Please explain the devil and lucifer part, how do you mean?

Since we are left with just 3-4 options, Buhari remains the best option now, he's not a saint, but he's a saint in the midst of these 4 people.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^

Buhari is the best?your political reasoning should really give peace-loving Nigerians more than enough cause for concern.Fortunately though,your sharia terrorist of a Buhari has neither the structure nor the good will to make any meaningful impact in the April polls,so you can huff and puff all you like on nairaland,just like we floored that corrupt sexual pervert called Atiku so shall we(GEJ's supporters) decimate any so-called opponents at the April polls.Massive sensitisation and mobilisation is currently going on to translate the statement made by the delegates at the convention into a national statement

Nuff said
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2011

This is my fear, though Jonathan has good intentions, he will most likely be held to ransom by the aforementioned.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
frosbel:

This is my fear, though Jonathan has good intentions, he will most likely be held to ransom by the aforementioned.

That's the problem i have with GEJ, apart from being corrupt himself, he's also surrounded by bigger and more powerful corrupt people, the end result to these combination is , undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Nigeria is very fragile now, and GEJ cannot hold this country together for the next 4 years, he cannot, it's a known fact, we don't need magicians telling us.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by osy77(m): 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2011
buhari is a sectional muda 4uka lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by naijaking1: 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Beaf
Good Job!
God bless you for reminding everybody about Ayatollah Buhari's fanatic religious tendencies.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yuzedo: 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2011
Safari SA: Omg!! May God bless your parents for spawning such a knowledgable, intelligent person as you! You couldn't have put it better, Totally took all the points you've mentioned(and more) from my mouth, Your fluid and objective delivery warmed my heart. Gosh, i could kiss u!! (absolutely no homo tho, lol)
But i kinda agree the west myt favor stoogie boy lots more. I mean, he's docile, he's malleable, they've got dirt on him, neo-colonialism doesn't rily need indirect rule to thrive like it did in d north really, and they're a bit more comfortable wiv christians these days IMO,
Ok, nuff said, Pls keep dishing out raw facts and undiluted intelligence while i lap it all up,
P.s. God punish all mumu's in this country and all mumu's that've posted on this thread, Una know una selves! Bloody establishment/incumbent supporters! angry
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2011
[img]http://2.bp..com/_UfHzq863QuI/TQ49_czctHI/AAAAAAAABws/eXrbAeYVdyc/s1600/GEJ.png[/img]

this is specially for jakumo and beaf cheesy cheesy

what do you have to say about saint gej kneeling before this charlatan?

i have seen both of you skewer adeboye

if you want to play the religion card

then please tell us how our president seeking for guidance from a master charlatan bodes well for nigeria

we all remeber how he was saying we should pray that the bombers confessed

he did something similar in the wake of the October 1 bombings

are we safe with a president who attributes everything to 'demons' cheesy

what next, the lionization of the psychos in akwa ibom ?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2011
yuzedo:

Safari SA: Omg!! May God bless your parents for spawning such a knowledgable, intelligent person as you! You couldn't have put it better, Totally took all the points you've mentioned(and more) from my mouth, Your fluid and objective delivery warmed my heart. Gosh, i could kiss u!! (absolutely no homo tho, lol)
But i kinda agree the west myt favor stoogie boy lots more. I mean, he's docile, he's malleable, they've got dirt on him, neo-colonialism doesn't rily need indirect rule to thrive like it did in d north really, and they're a bit more comfortable wiv christians these days IMO,
Ok, nuff said, Pls keep dishing out raw facts and undiluted intelligence while i lap it all up,
[size=18pt]P.s. God punish all mumu's in this country and all mumu's that've posted on this thread, Una know una selves! Bloody establishment/incumbent supporters! angry[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 17, 2011
this is not the first time inferior candidates have played dubious religion cards

in 2001, in unilorin, a charismatic muslim was in the lead for the student union elections. he was a clear shoo in, and his competitor was a clear also ran

on the eve of the elections, his competitor started a rumour that the muslim candidate would bring sharia to unilorin.

the christian won, and commenced a disgraceful term in which the muslim candidate had to bail him out on more than one occasion.

the starter of this thread, beaf also started a similar thread on ibb in which he was outed as a liar

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-579224.0.html
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 17, 2011
this thread is one of the reasons nigeria will always remain backward

the people pissing on buhari are the same people who pissed on sanusi

the sharia banker, the tribalist who wanted to islamize /northernize the banking industry , the thug who used force blah blah blah

these people also fell over themselves quoting dubious newspaper articles written by people of like mind and intention
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:14am On Jan 17, 2011
naijaking1:

@Beaf
Good Job!
God bless you for reminding everybody about Ayatollah Buhari's fanatic religious tendencies.

Thanks bro, we have had enough of almajiri wannabe's, coup plotters, vampires and bloodsuckers.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

- Buhari
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 17, 2011
"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

- Buhari

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Please be so kind as to mention the source of this quote

Thank you
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 17, 2011
i also find it surprising that beaf, nl's one time ardent mend spokesman and henry okah lionizer is blathering about terrorism

did gej not tell us that mend are his brothers? did he not invite people who in a sane society would be doing 20 to life for tea in aso rock ?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-533258.0.html

if this about discrediting candidates by innuendo,

then campaigners can also be discredited by facts
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2011
frosbel:

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Thank you

http://www.google.com/search?q=I%20will%20continue%20to%20show%20openly%20and%20inside%20me%20the%20total%20commitment%20to%20the%20Sharia%20movement%20that%20is%20sweeping%20all%20over%20Nigeria

maybe beaf can find it

all i can see in all those links are 'quoted in the press'

knowing beaf, he will have no problem citing gaydarnation.com

whatever else, the rainbowboating pulled on atiku by gej can't work on buhari cheesy
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by lagoshost(m): 12:28am On Jan 17, 2011
Useless old men we have in Nigeria!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:33am On Jan 17, 2011
frosbel:

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Its in the OP actually:

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

Here's another as well:

Nigeria: Former Ruler Calls for Imposition of Islamic Law Muhammadu Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from 1983 to 1985 after a military coup, has called for Sharia law to be imposed on the 123 million population, of which at least 40 percent are Christian. An Agence-France-Presse report quotes Buhari as saying, “God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country.” In February up to 3,000 people were killed in riots when Sharia was imposed in the state of Kaduna.

http://www.libertymagazine.org/index.php?id=1116
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 17, 2011
@beaf & co
Let me school you to the game.
All Muslims belief in the Sharia
It is the Quranic laws & jurispudences
By castigating Buhari on Sharia, you are insulting their religion esp. when you & your cohorts label him a terrorist on the basis of this
So becareful not to jeopardize GEJ by alienating a demography critical to April poll
If you don't know, now you know!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by NewsMonste(m): 12:39am On Jan 17, 2011
@OYB

About Jonathan kneeling before Pastor Adeboye. For the records, am Catholic, so no biases here.

You see there is a difference between one being religious faithful and another being a religious fanatic. One respects the other's rights live freely with his beliefs, another insists you must live by his creed.

I would want a Staunch muslim over a Christian, if he would respect the rights of others, but I would prefer an atheist and infidel to a Christian or Moslem that would not respect the right another has.

Please, let us tolerate one another.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 17, 2011
Beaf:

Its in the OP actually:

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

Here's another as well:

http://www.libertymagazine.org/index.php?id=1116

neither of those articles has a link to the original report. both are quoting an unverified quote

[size=18pt]IS IT TOO MUCH FOR BEAF TO PROVIDE US WITH THE ORIGINAL PRESS REPORT[/size]

or are we going to have to make do with duplicitous  scaremongering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saraki: APC Senators Meet In Oshiomhole’s House / Peter Obi Holding Umbrella At Kanayo O Kanayo's Brother's Burial In Imo (pics) / Obasanjo Meets Kwankwaso, Duke, Agbakoba, 35 Parties In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.