Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (40863 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by monkeyleg: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
A Ugandan gay rights campaigner who last year sued a local newspaper which outed him as homosexual has been beaten to death, activists say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12295718

This is so sad. Some may not like the acts they perform, but that is no reason to kill them. This is pure wickedness.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2011
Good,Gooder,Goodest ! ! ! !

One down,more to go.

Ugandans rock !
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Gbawe: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
monkeyleg:

This is so sad. Some may not like the acts they perform, but that is no reason to kill them. This is pure wickedness.

Indeed. May this man RIP.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2011
Who cares ?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Gbawe: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

One down,more to go.

Ugandans rock !

What you say above is the sort of thing an unrepentant racist would say about the brutal murder of a black man by white supremacists. As long as we all continue to promote hatred towards others then we should not be surprised to fall victim to such mindless hatred sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by daroz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
this is a welcome development, more to go smiley smiley smiley
they dont deserve to live
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by udennaa: 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
So sad!this should send a message to the remaining few of his kind and the intending ones that africans will never tolerate homosexuality.gbam!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

One berom down,more to go.

fulanis Ugandans rock !

thats how hatred goes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by EzeUche2(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
This is horrible news. Why are we sometimes so backwards? What people do behind closed doors is their business. I am actually quite sickened by this act.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
No one has any moral, religious, civic or human RIGHT to take the life of another human being with the exception of being threatened with the same action of violence.

Anyone and everyone who perpertrates or supports this act is a despicable neanderthal relic who needs to invent a time machine and transport himself back to the Stone age ASAP.

The act makes me want to puke!!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2011
Serves him right!

Restrict your gay activity to your room. Period!

Africa won't tolerate these satanic people.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Ibime(m): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
Since God is immutable, how do we square the killing of this man against the killing of Sodomites and Gomorrhans, knowing that God is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

QUESTION?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by EzeUche2(m): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2011
I guess I shall be one of the lone dissenters.

What gives a man the right to take another man's life?

Even if you do not agree with his lifestyle, only God can judge him.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ibime:

Since God is immutable, how do we square the killing of this man against the killing of Sodomites and Gomorrhans, knowing that God is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

QUESTION?

let God do the killing . finito
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

I guess I shall be one of the lone dissenters.

What gives a man the right to take another man's life?
Even if you do not agree with his lifestyle, only God can judge him.

What gives him the right to spread satanic lifestyle in Africa?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

What gives him the right to spread satanic lifestyle in Africa?

I guess we need to do the same to idolators( people who chase money),
Gluttons,
Wrathful people
Greedy people
lustful people

Eh anyone who has comitted one of the deadly sins is satanic and should be murderd immediately right? I bet you after that only about 1000 people will remain

Nonsense reasoning!

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

Gluttons,
Wrathful people
Greedy people
lustful people

Eh anyone who has comitted one of the deadly sins is satanic and should be murderd immediately right? I bet you after that only about 1000 people will remain

Nonsense reasoning!

. . . and to equate gay to the above is just stupidity.

Gay is against human nature and can only be equated to beastiality.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by EzeUche2(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Who cares about the "gay agenda."

We as Africans have more to worry about than that issue. The gay issue is a red herring to what plagues most African states.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by archive(f): 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

Gluttons,
Wrathful people
Greedy people
lustful people

Nonsense reasoning!

Unbelievable right? I give up for the night
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

right right . God personally gave you this wisdom and understanding to discern such matters.

What is human nature by the way. Can you explain it to me cause "beastiality" emcompasses the lack of an intellectual capacity to reason and thus engage in an emotionally charged henous act such as blugeoning another human being to death?

Do you disagree?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

Who care about the "gay agenda."

We as Africans have more to worry about than that issue. The gay issue is a red herring to what plagues most African states.

It has to be stamped out as quickly as possible before it erodes our society.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Unfortunately I cannot remember the last time we gave someone accused of "bestiality such brutish, definitely "bestial" mob execution.

Refresh our memory please.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

right right . God personally gave you this wisdom and understanding to discern such matters.

What is human nature by the way. Can you explain it to me cause "beastiality" emcompasses the lack of an intellectual capacity to reason and thus engage in an emotionally charged henous act such as blugeoning another human being to death?

Do you disagree?

Use Wikipedia to get the meaning of beastiality.

Kilode?!:

Unfortunately I cannot remember the last time we gave someone accused of "bestiality such brutish, definitely "bestial" mob execution.

Refresh our memory please.

. . . and how many of them came out to become "activists" on such things? Like I said before, restrict your gay "activity" to your room and to your room only.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Cyborg2011: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2011
I guess soon Nairaland Gays will show up,

I hate these people, whatever, where ever, and however you defined them and coined their act or "life style" as some of you called it, these people "gays" are EVIL !!! period.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by monkeyleg: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
That is why Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". The killing of this man is wrong, we may not like what he does, but that does not give anyone the right to take his life. There can be no good logival reason for this, and it must be condenmed totally
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . and how many of them came out to become "activists" on such things? Like I said before, restrict your gay activity to your room and to your room only.

So your own solution is to celebrate the extra judicial public execution of those who publicly speak out in support of their own chosen sexual lifestyles?

You know there are still places around where you will get a target on your back because you dare speak out against forced/arranged marriages, right? does that mean you should shut up?

Note: Salman Taseer the Pakistani Governor was recently gunned down in public for speaking out actively against oppressive islamic blasphemy laws. I guess you are a christian. Do you support his killer too?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by udennaa: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am against the killing though,but the malady must not be tolerated in africa,period.it may suprise some of us to know that even white people still demonstrate hostility to gays.just yesterday,a girl and a boy were jailed in london for delivering a fatal blow and stamping on the face of the victim of a gay hate killing.homosexuality is evil
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Rhino5dm: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
They are just disgusting!

What is Gay?  

I know bawomolo will be rolling in his grave trying to log in. . . .missed your contributions which i used to like, even though dont agree with most. undecided undecided
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

So your own solution is to celebrate the extra judicial public execution of those who publicly speak out in support of their own chosen sexual lifestyles?

You know there are still places around where you will get a target on your back because you dare speak out against forced/arranged marriages, right? does that mean you should shut up?

Note: Salman Taseer the Pakistani Governor was recently gunned down in public for speaking out actively against oppressive islamic blasphemy laws. I guess you are a christian. Do you support his killer too?

You're really insane, we're talking about "gay" and you're talking about forced/arranged marriages.  

This has nothing to do with religion too,  period! I'm not a fanatics.

GAY IS AGAINST NATURE AND HUMANITY, CAN YOU GET IT!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by monkeyleg: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
for those who are rejoicing, is it well understood that Sin is Sin? If that is the case what is the difference between this Man and those who loot out treasury dry?

Please we must leanr to recognise when a big wrong has been done, and in my opinion, this is one of those cases. this is an innocent man who has been killed unjustly, and this should never be seen as right.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2011
Look, if I have to kill a man, it has to be a gay who refuses to keep is gay activity private!

I see gays around but I don't give a s.hit what they do but when they start to preach gay as a right, mehn thats crossing the boundary. If I have a chance, I'd get rid of such i.diots.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Use Wikipedia to get the meaning of beastiality.

. . . and how many of them came out to become "activists" on such things? Like I said before, restrict your gay activity to your room and to your room only.

I suspected you probably can't think outside of the confines of what you have been presented as definitions of beastiality.

let me make it clear to you as you are most likely a six year old.

Beastiality comes from the word "beast". A beast in comparison to a human being is incapable of using its cognitive mind to make decisions and acts out on emotional stimuli.

Therefore the person who perpetuated this act of killing another human beins is,  say it with me now a "beastly" individuals.

You support one beast while condeming another one. Nonsensical sense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari's Cinderella-Themed Royal Ball Cake (Photos) / Robert Mugabe Is Dead! Ex-Zimbabwean President Dies At 95 / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.