Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (42321 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
It may not have been an "execution."  The article posted by OP contains this:

The BBC's Joshua Mmali, in Kampala, says it is unclear whether the death is linked to the Rolling Stone campaign but police have said there is no connection between Mr Kate's activism and his death.

The police say that though they have arrested one suspect, the main suspect - who they say lived with Mr Kato - remains on the run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12295718
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by udezue(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
Killing is evil not homosexuality.

That man did not deserve to be brutally killed like that. Only savages will come here and justify this madness. I feel so sick. Why are Africans such savages?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by monkeyleg: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Obiagu1,

Why dont you get rid of the corrupt leaders in your country first, after all they have done you more harm than and innocent man in Uganda. This your vernom is just mis-directed
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

I suspected you probably can't think outside of the confines of what you have been presented as definitions of beastiality.

let me make it clear to you as you are most likely a six year old.

Beastiality comes from the word "beast". A beast in comparison to a human being is incapable of using its cognitive mind to make decisions and acts out on emotional stimuli.

Therefore the person who perpetuated this act of killing another human beins is, say it with me now a "beastly" individuals

. . . and then beastly = beastiality You be real mumu.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

You're really insane, we're talking about "gay" and you're talking about forced/arrange marriages.  

This has nothing to do with religion too,  period! I'm not a fanatics.

GAY IS AGAINST NATURE AND HUMANITY, CAN YOU GET IT!

Quit side stepping the point, argue with intellectual honesty.

You said;

how many of them came out to become "activists" on such things?

to me, that suggests that you think it is OK to kill him in that manner because he spoke out actively in support if the gay lifestyle.

and I asked further:

You know there are still places around where you will get a target on your back because you dare speak out against forced/arranged marriages, right? does that mean you should shut up?

Note: Salman Taseer the Pakistani Governor was recently gunned down in public for speaking out actively against oppressive islamic blasphemy laws. I guess you are a christian. Do you support his killer too?

If you don't like the first comparison question, answer the second one.

Do you also support the killing of Governor Taseer for speaking out actively against those blasphemy laws? (some of his countrymen consider his stance satanic too)

I will appreciate if you can answer.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
udezue:

Killing is evil not homosexuality.

That man did not deserve to be brutally killed like that. Only savages will come here and justify this madness. I feel so sick. Why are Africans such savages?

You're the savage!  Because one person commits murder, the entire race are brutes,  right?  After Oyinbo commits mass murder or serial rape (which they do every week), have you ever heard them say, "Oh, I am so disgusted; our people are savages"?

You're just looking for an excuse to show your self-loathing.  Admit it.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . and then beastly = beastiality You be real mumu.

Six year old children. What is the difference?

learn to think outside of the confines of words or definitions that have been "idoctrinated" into you. someone made up that word and the definition.

The connotation is in relation to an act performed by or on an animal. In adult language a "beast"
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

Quit side stepping the point, argue with intellectual honesty.

This is why Nigerians keep failing common WAEC.

Talk about gay and human nature and do not come here to talk about stealing a pen or beating your wife.

Talk about gay, beastiality and the likes.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

Six year old children. What is the difference?

learn to think outside of the confines of words or definitions that have been "idoctrinated" into you. someone made up that word and the definition.

The connotation is in relation to an act performed by or on an animal. In adult language a "beast"

. . . and now morpheus24 invents and defines words.
A beg, move away.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2011
@obiaju1

If we stay strict on the definitions of the word as so you aspouse then being "Gay" would be outside of the confines of such act as the definition is presented,

Therefore to liken it to the act of being gay is a gross misrepresent  of the word or definition and I would suspect  an opnionated agenda to demonize an individual who is different from you.

The killer is still a "beastly" individual in my opinion
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by udezue(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2011
isale_gan2:

You're the savage!  Because one person commits murder, the entire race are brutes,  right?  After Oyinbo commits mass murder or serial violation (which they do every week), have you ever heard them say, "Oh, I am so disgusted; our people are savages"?

You're just looking for an excuse to show your self-loathing.  Admit it.

Man go eat a dyck somewhere. This has nothing to do with Oyibo but our African people who respond to anything they don't like with violence and the people like you who will justify it. They cowardly attack the weak and unfortunate in their society but cow down when faced with leaders who have rendered them penniless and useless. Yes I asked it, "Why are Africans such savages?"

Go and hug a transformer if u dont like my question.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
udezue:

Man go eat a dyck somewhere. This has nothing to do with Oyibo but our African people who respond to anything they don't like with violence and the people like you who will justify it. They cowardly attack the weak and unfortunate in their society but cow down when faced with leaders who have rendered them penniless and useless. Yes I asked it, "Why are Africans such savages?"
Go and hug a transformer if u dont like my question.

Like I said, you're the savage.  And you show it.

You're an African.  You answer your own question.  Why are you such a savage, Udezue?

P.S. I hugged a transformer, and I'm fine.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

This is why Nigerians keep failing common WAEC.

Talk about gay and human nature and do not come here to talk about stealing a pen or beating your wife.

Talk about gay, beastiality and the likes.

Bro, argue now. Show me where I mentioned stealing a pen or beating your wife.

I gave two examples.

1. Forced and arranged marriages and societies that victimize and sometimes kill those who speak out against them.

2. Killing someone because they spoke out against an oppressive blasphemy law( If you don't know Taseer's story, google it)

If you want to justify the killing of gays because you believe their act is satanic, fine. But then, you should be OK with the killing of anyone whose act is considered satanic anywhere.

See, let me break it down to you. If you want to be a bigot, it is OK. I think it's better to be an equal opportunity bigot though cheesy
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by morpheus24: 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

I gave two examples.

1. Forced and arranged marriages and societies who victimize and sometimes kill those who speak out against them.

2. Killing someone because they spoke out against an oppressive blasphemy law( If you don't know Taseer's story, google it)

If you want to justify the killing of gays because you believe their act is satanic, fine. But then, you should be OK with the killing of anyone whose act is considered satanic anywhere.

[b]See, let me break it down to you. If you want to be a bigot, it is OK. I think it's better to be an equal opportunity bigot though :[/b]D

hehehe. I like that one, will use it from now on
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1
[size=14pt]Whenever you step into a place where your religion is not tolerated I hope you get bludgeoned to death[/size]
[size=16pt]Whenever you step anywhere your tribe is not tolerated I hope you get stomped to death[/size]
[size=17pt]Whenever you step anywhere the color of your skin is not tolerated I hope you get stoned to death[/size]
[size=18pt]Whenever you step anywhere the look of your face is not tolerated I hope you get beaten to death with a sledge hammer[/size]
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

I gave two examples.

1. Forced and arranged marriages and societies who victimize and sometimes kill those who speak out against them.

See, let me break it down to you. If you want to be a bigot, it is OK. I think it's better to be an equal opportunity bigot though cheesy

I used those to examplify the kind of analogies you were using.

Let me make it clearer as much as I could. Gay is against human nature, beastiality is against human nature, arficially giving a man a womb to bear kids is against human nature, and other examples. Such things should never be tolerated at all.

They are all satanic and against human nature and cannot be compared to things people deem satanic which are mostly religious. Religion has nothing to do with gay, it's simply against human nature.

I'm not trying to justify his killing because he was gay, I simply have justified his killing because he now preached gay and tried to spread it to my generations yet unborn. Let gays keep their gayness to their homes, anyone that goes to their homes is trespassing but gays should not come out and preach gay to us. Their activity is against human nature which I've tried to tolerate but when they want to tell me it is right and try to spread it, I won't waste time to get rid of them.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2011
morpheus24:

hehehe. I like that one, will use it from now on

Please do. I don't think it's copyrghted yet, I read it somewhere I can't remember now  cheesy

isale_gan2:

P.S. I hugged a transformer, and I'm fine.

Abeg o, don't hug transformer during rainy season o shocked cheesy
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Obiagu1
Whenever you step into a place where your religion is not tolerated I hope you get bludgeoned to death
Whenever you step anywhere your tribe is not tolerated I hope you get stomped to death
Whenever you step anywhere the color of your skin is not tolerated I hope you get stoned to death
Whenever you step anywhere the look of your face is not tolerated I hope you get beaten to death with a sledge hammer

Calm down.  This thread is stoopid.  I'm out.  

Kilode?!:

Abeg o, don't hug transformer during rainy season o shocked cheesy

hehehehe. I'm not even arguing the topic.  Udezue just got my ire up. Hi.  ::Waves::  smiley
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ isale_gan2,

Never give gays like Chrisbenogor a chance. That's how they reason to justify what they do. They'll start asking you what do you do to someone that stole a pen, to someone that didn't shower, someone that slapped his wife etc and try to tell you they are the same as being gay and comparable to gay.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by hottottie(f): 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am so amazed at the ignorance here. I am hoping some people are just spewing this hatred out of sheer bravado,it's still so uncool.  Guys just so you know irrational fear of homosexuals could be a reflection of your own sexual battles/repressions wink. I would take a very hard look  at yourself and if you are Gay, don't worry there are still a few of who would still love you kiss
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by buzugee(m): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

It has to be stamped out as quickly as possible before it erodes our society.
Cyborg2011:

I guess soon Nairaland Gays will show up,

I hate these people, whatever, where ever, and however you defined them and coined their act or "life style" as some of you called it, these people "gays" are EVIL !!! period.

udennaa:

I am against the killing though,but the malady must not be tolerated in africa,period.it may suprise some of us to know that even white people still demonstrate hostility to gays.just yesterday,a girl and a boy were jailed in london for delivering a fatal blow and stamping on the face of the victim of a gay hate killing.homosexuality is evil
who let out these knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, butt scratching, prehistoric Neanderthals from their cages ?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Obiagu1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ hottottie, are you gay? You're too hot to be gay, just saying.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Kilode1: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

I used those to examplify the kind of analogies you were using.

Let me make it clearer as much as I could. Gay is against human nature, beastiality is against human nature, arficially giving a man a womb to bear kids is against human nature, and other examples. Such things should never be tolerated at all.

They are all satanic and against human nature and cannot be compared to things people deem satanic which are mostly religious. Religion has nothing to do with gay, it's simply against human nature.

I'm not trying to justify his killing because he is gay, I simply have justified his killing because he now preached gay and tried to spread it to my generations yet unborn. Let gays keep their gayness to their homes, anyone that goes to their homes is trespassing but gays should not come out and preach gay to us. Their activity is against human nature which I've tried to tolerate but when they want to tell me it is right and try to spread it, I won't waste time to get rid of the them.

I think I get you a bit now. You believe you know all about human nature right?

Obiagu, my brother, reduce the pride a bit. Doubt, skepticism and humility can be great virtues sometimes. Compassion too.

I can bet, YOU plus the whole collection of brains and intellect at Harvard, MIT and Cambridge combined cannot say for certain what human nature is. The totality of it, the breadth of it, all it encompasses or excludes. We do not know for sure.

We don't know everything about human nature yet, we keep discovering everyday.

Obiagu, Bro, Let us embrace critical intellectual humility. I may not like the guy's life style(that's if it's simply a lifestyle) but I don't think I can kill him for fighting for his own liberty, freedom and self expression.

I'm done with the topic.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by buzugee(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ hottottie, are you gay? You're too hot to be gay, just saying.
shut your gay azz up mayne angry
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by MaiSuya(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
His unfortunate death, especially in the hideous circumstance in which it occurred is most regrettable and must be condemned. This prolly would not have happened had the nosy newspaper not published the photos of them in the first place.

I do however find gays and their predispositions reprehensible. Always have, always will. That remains my unassailable right.

My RIGHT! No one has the right to FORCE me to accept gays and their revolting ways.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by buzugee(m): 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2011
Mai Suya:

His unfortunate death, especially in the hideous circumstance in which it occurred is most regrettable and must be condemned. This prolly would not have happened had the nosy newspaper not published the photos of them in the first place.

I do however find gays and their predispositions reprehensible. Always have, always will. That remains my unassailable right.

My RIGHT! No one has the right to FORCE me to accept gays and their revolting ways.

somehow i dont think anyone is forcing you to accept gays. just live and let live.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
@isale_gan
I am angry because I watched this guy in october just when the bill to kill gay people was read in the parliament, he is the one person you would not even want to kill he looked so harmless, smallish

Obiagu1
I will not descend to a fighting match with you, I am pretty sure if you boned the ladies I have in my lifetime you would_____lets leave the obscenity. It is obvious your brain processes information with pace of snail suffering from parkinsons disease so I will leave you to wallow in your bigotry.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by shotster50(m): 1:21am On Jan 28, 2011
What a bunch of hypocritical, judgemental idiots. No one has the right to take any mans life.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by grafikdon: 1:50am On Jan 28, 2011
I have not been able to grasp what drives some Africans towards this crusade to "stamp out" the "Devilish Homosexuality", especially when our continent is fraught with problems detrimental to our safety and existence. What is even more unfortunate is that some Africans will openly celebrate the cold blooded murder of another human, solely because of his sexual orientation. I am beginning to suspect our problem goes beyond malevolence, hypocrisy and ethnic antagonism.  undecided

1 Like

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by EzeUche2(m): 1:53am On Jan 28, 2011
grafikdon:

I have not been able to grasp what drives some Africans towards this crusade to "stamp out" the "Devilish Homosexuality", especially when our continent is fraught with multitude of issues detrimental to our safety and existence. What is even more unfortunate is that some Africans will openly celebrate the cold blooded murder of another African solely because of his sexual orientation. I am beginning to suspect our problem goes beyond malevolence, hypocrisy and ethnic antagonism. undecided

I agree with you 100%. However, I am wondering what you mean by the bolded statement.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by grafikdon: 2:01am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I agree with you 100%. However, I am wondering what you mean by the bolded statement.

We may have to do a lot of soul searching because from my perspective, our stagnation as a continent is not exactly the side effect of abominable colonial contraptions, malevolence, corruption, hypocrisy and ethnic antagonism.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by kcjazz(m): 2:44am On Jan 28, 2011
Sad events apparently by a Christian fighter, no matter what the killer is the real devil here. If only Kenyans will use the same zeal to fight corruption life would be great for them.

I wonder how the conversation will go with God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Meet Akintola Williams The Accountant: Biography, Dapper At 99 / APC Suffers Another Setback As Fake Ballard Letter Is Debunked / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.