Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (40746 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Parnassuss(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
Wow, here i was thinking I was going to shock people by condemning the dead guy (as a sick joke though), but some peeps are seriously carrying this agenda on their shoulders. I won't even bother quoting scripture my own is this; by the Nigerian law, if you are a homosexual you get five - seven years but if you are murderer, thief, pen-robber, scammer or even domestic abuser, its ten to life, depending one the case.
Guess the gays ain't hurting people as much as the rest of other vices are.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by lastpage: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
This world is getting more dangerous by the day!
I THINK NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE LIFE OF ANOTHER! PERIOD

Again, why on earth would God create you a man, gave you beautiful women as complement and you still insist you will only have your pleasure by sticking ur rod in another brothers shit-hole?
Again, why would we have mature men/ women on earth and some humans still think its okay to have sex with children?

I know we like to copy EVERYTHING FOREIGN but for heavens sake, you were that cuddly little boy/girl of your mama and you wer not created that way, YOU INDULGED AND COPIED A HEINOUS LIFESTYLE.
Like the preacher said during the man's burial, "This is another aspect of their/our life that needs God's intervention and deliverance

And it is the most hypocritical, if you dont come out openly to say you are gay/Lesbian, to start to surreptitiously equate it with lighter deviance's like racism (which is just a feeling of superiority) compared to this one that soils the human body and spirit!
And to come out openly to "incite and corrupt" younger ones into it again, is unacceptable.
Just my opinion!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by JUO(m): 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
the killing is bad but the has committed abomination
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2011
Agreed, the killing is unacceptable, but you have to realise this is Africa. In the Western world homosexuality is an accepted norm. In Africa it is an abomination
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2011
Tell that that Turaki of adamawa
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by yeswecan(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2011
I find it interesting some folks would say homosexuality is based on morality - just like Sharia for example - and still turn around to condemn the act.  Morality is a highly subjective personal issue- its your personal standard shaped by you environment, belief and experience. To program everyone according to your personal standard is excessive and i will go on to say its the only problem we have  in the world today. It is the reason for suicide bombing, the reason why America and friends keep meddling in everyone's business, the reason for the so called civilization mission (if there was any such thing).

That said, if you transpose individual morality into community shared understanding it becomes norms. So you can have the argument both ways because most Africa countries, Uganda inclusive, forbid gays, what gays in such communities are trying to do (if seen as shared understanding) is what they are accusing others of, that is imposing their strange act to the community thereby forcing people to accept a foreign culture that is against the shared understanding.

Bottom line is WE do not accept this in Africa - that is the real question for me. I do not condemn the act, but i do in Africa because it is against our shared understanding. Get that
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by pedron(m): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2011
May his soul rest in peace.at least he's left this wicked world.
And to those of you who are happy about his murder and have the guts to say so,consider this,whether you like it or not,you have several people who you love and care for and unknown to you,they are gay and bisexual,including your brothers,dads,cousins,uncles,teachers,nephews,mentors,etc.by your words,you have wished them gruesome deaths.hope this too makes you happy.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by lastpage: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
Well, may all the "promoters of fagots right to enjoyment" have all their children boned by fagots and pedo-philes, after all, nothing is wrong with it grin
mtcheew

I am particularly against the attempt to "spread and poison" our innocent children with such disease!
feckin bastards!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
why do we bother with gay people ? most do it in their homes

and until us heterosexual take care of all the bastards, streets kids we have produced

then we can start to worry about the gay people
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Thespecialone(m): 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
I don't endorse homosexual acts/relationships however murder is NOT acceptable under any guise.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eherbal(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
pedron:

May his soul rest in peace.at least he's left this wicked world.
And to those of you who are happy about his murder and have the guts to say so,consider this,whether you like it or not,you have several people who you love and care for and unknown to you,they are gay and bisexual,including your brothers,dads,cousins,uncles,teachers,nephews,mentors,etc.by your words,you have wished them gruesome deaths.hope this too makes you happy.
including you too abi.anofia,goin by your compassionate disposition,you might have easily passed for his bf or gf,depending on the way you swing. angry
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
LoveKing:

F u Bluetooth!

@topic

Oh the killing happened in Uganda. Dont you know uganda is a village filled with morons, idiots, stone age peeps, etc?

I'm out!
Are you a gay ? If yes,forward your address to me and i'll mobilze my boss and we'd come for you ! grin grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eherbal(m): 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Are you a gay ? If yes,forward your address to me and i'll mobilze my boss and we'd come for you ! grin grin
lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eldee(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Isn't that just a daft question??

That's like calling me a thief for condemning the vigilante treatment of burning petty thieves.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
eldee:

Isn't that just a daft question??

That's like calling me a thief for condemning the vigilante treatment of burning petty thieves.
my bad. . .do you feel threatened ?

In any case,why would you show support for something that you can't or wouldn't want to engage in ?. .it's just like saying you dislike ibb or obj but you end up casting your votes for them ? Is that not hypocrisy ?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eldee(m): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

my bad. . .do you feel threatened ?

In any case,why would you show support for something that you can't or wouldn't want to engage in ?. .it's just like saying you dislike ibb or obj but you end up casting your votes for them ? Is that not hypocrisy ?

Another B.S argument . . . if I don't like OBJ, I won't vote for him but does that mean I'll support you for murdering him in cold blood??
How narrow can one's thinking be??Isn't this meant to be the politic section where people are smart??

I'm showing my support of everyone's right to life and the supremacy of the law of the land and just basic common sense.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by glitterati(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
it's so funny how hypocrites here are just wagging their shivered fingers typing b/s, most here are married and they wont mind to be adulterers maybe thats not a taboo most here if single are very far frm virgins, the only act of sexual encounter which is valid in the so called african tradition .religion andnorm is between married individual but the societal values have made adultery and fornication valid and here they re casting stones at a man because of his preference , u guys re sick and hey is there anyone here who can authoritatively say he is sinless, silly morons!!! as if the guy created himself thatway
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
eldee:

Another B.S argument . . . if I don't like OBJ, I won't vote for him but does that mean I'll support you for murdering him in cold blood??
How narrow can one's thinking be??Isn't this meant to be the politic section where people are smart??

I'm showing my support of everyone's right to life and the supremacy of the law of the land and just basic common sense.

Bla bla bla. . .Guy no dull my spirit with this your directionless arguement.
let the gay do the support for and by themselves.everybody supporting this immoral attitude seem to hide under democracy but none so far on NL has openly admitted being gay.does that mean gay dont frequent nl ? Stop all these your hide and seek game and tell me what's up.ok i won't harm you. grin grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2011

I just dey sit down here dey laugh at these people. I just dey sit down dey laugh ooo bros . . . not worth commenting. When they cannot undertsrtand ABC how they go understand how to analyze wellu wellu
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2011
I cant believe some of you guys are actually happy at his demise. . . . that was cold blood murder!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by OAM4J: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
I am not homophobic, I have no problem with anyone living his/her life  the way he/she wants in as much as it doesn't affects/changes me. I also dont support the killing of gays and I think the killers should be made to face the law.

That being said,  My concern is where do these gay rights start or end?

Gays have a right to do whatever do they want to do with their life and body, they can believe whatever they want including their claims that they were born like that and their gods are gays as well. But it should ends there. Any attempt to force their beliefs on other is wrong, cos I also have a right to my beliefs that homosexualism is bad, unnatural and a product of debased minds and no gay has any right to force me against my beliefs.

If it just about live and let live, no problem but if it's more than that, then am totally against it.

Consequently, if majority of Africans say NO to homosexualism and labelled it as illegal in in their law-book, then so be it, until majority of that community is able to legalize it, or is that not what democracy is all about? As I argued in one of those gay threads, can African force the west to accept polygamy as a norm and put it as a legal act in their law-book? after all it is a relationship among consenting adults.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eldee(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Bla bla bla. . .Guy no dull my spirit with this your directionless arguement.
let the gay do the support for and by themselves.everybody supporting this immoral attitude seem to hide under democracy but none so far on NL has openly admitted being gay.does that mean gay dont frequent nl ? Stop all these your hide and seek game and tell me what's up.ok i won't harm you. grin grin

Your argument is embarrassing at the very least . . . there is a lil thing called the constitution, you can't do sumn that vile and tell me I can't condemn it because I'm not gay.

Let's not make this is not about my sexuality . . . the truth is the truth.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by eldee(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
OAM4J:

Let's start from, the unqualified right to life.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by pedron(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2011
At e-herbal:
Yes,I am bisexual and how dare you assume to be a better person than me.all you seem to be doing is riding on the back of the ignorant mob of homophobes and haters,who of course are gay themselves,or should I say yourselves ,becos unknown to you,those who are most vocally critical of gay people are usually quite gay themselves,and baby,your smoke-screen is soooo see-through.so shut it and say stuff only when you've thought them through.and thanks for the insults.I wasn't at all surprised by them,or by you.toodles.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
OAM4J:

I am not homophobic, I have no problem with anyone living his/her life  the way he/she wants in as much as it doesn't affects/changes me. I also dont support the killing of gays and I think the killers should be made to face the law.

Gays have a right to do whatever do they want to do with their life and body, they can believe whatever they want including their claims that they were born like that and their gods are gays as well. But it should ends there. Any attempt to force their beliefs on other is wrong, cos I also have a right to my beliefs that homosexualism is bad, unnatural and a product of debased minds and no gay has any right to force me against my beliefs.

If it just about live and let live, no problem but if it's more than that, then am totally against it.

Consequently, if majority of Africans say NO to homosexualism and labelled it as illegal in in their law-book, then so be it, until majority of that community is able to legalize it, or is that not what democracy is all about? As I argued in one of those gay threads, can African force the west to accept polygamy as a norm and put it as a legal act in their law-book? after all it is a relationship among consenting adults.

Do you know what gay right entails?

It entails people who claim to be homophobic/ non-homophobic to leave them alone. They cant practice their sexuality because people wont let them freely practice what they want without public scrutiny.So yes, you ALL need to be force to hear them.

The demise of this guy rights activist is one of the reason why people will continue to fight for gay rights!! Because people with them murderer's mentality just will not leave them alone. Must they die because of their sexuality?

Jeez!! Some people are coldhearted!!

I'm going to start my own anti-polygamy campaign soon enough  angry
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2011
glitterati:

it's so funny how hypocrites here are just wagging their shivered fingers typing b/s, most here are married and they wont mind to be adulterers maybe thats not a taboo most here if single are very far frm virgins, the only act of sexual encounter which is valid in the so called african tradition .religion andnorm is between married individual but the societal values have made adultery and fornication valid and here they re casting stones at a man because of his preference , u guys re sick and hey is there anyone here who can authoritatively say he is sinless, silly morons!!! as if the guy created himself thatway
In your own analysis,which seems right to you ? Bangin a man or bangin a woman ?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
I'm going to start my own anti-polygamy campaign soon enough

Go girl. I am also anti-polygamous. Its sexist and demeaning to women. But how do you expect these ignorant, socially programmed i/d/iots to think outside the box.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
glitterati:

What a mooronic and extremely dimwitted point.

Later he too would say he has a High IQ.

Mugu, so basically no act is condemnable then since any society that will judge it is not sinless.

Cretin!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by glitterati(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
so stupid of that fool who quoted me!!! from what i typed if that your silly ass couldnt decipher wunt it be better u remained mute!! huh
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by OAM4J: 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
eldee:

Let's start from, the unqualified right to life.

Ileke-IdI:

It entails people who claim to be homophobic/ non-homophobic to leave them alone. They cant practice their sexuality because people wont let them freely practice what they want without public scrutiny.So yes, you ALL need to be force to hear them.

I have no problem with that. I dont also have any problem with their right to association, sexual orientation and faith/beliefs.

But they have no right to force their beliefs on me. And they dont need me to accept them/beliefs to live.

@Ileke, I dont need to hear them cos am sure they also dont give a damm on what i have to say about my beliefs.

Let us not forget that it is still an illegal act in many parts of Africa, so they should take their act to where it is legal until majority of African countries accept it as a legal act.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The demise of this guy rights activist is one of the reason why people will continue to fight for gay rights!! Because people with them murderer's mentality just will not leave them alone. Must they die because of their sexuality?

Jeez!! Some people are coldhearted!!

I'm going to start my own anti-polygamy campaign soon enough  angry

Bollocks!

Shine your eyes.

Gay rights is not about leaving them alone to practice their sexuality. It is about forcing you to ACCEPT and by some even APPROVE their sexuality.

You argue for faggotism but you will "start your own anti-polygamy campaign"?

Let me say it a second time: Bollocks!

So what happened to the rights of 2 consenting adults? So what if 2 people want to be in polygamy? Or are you going to give one extremely daft argument I once heard about, and was termed as "informed consent", that was put forth as "out of the box thinking" taught in a US university? Please don't.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Sagamite(m): 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
glitterati:

so silly of that fool who quoted me!!! from what i typed if that your silly backside couldnt decipher wunt it be better u remained mute!! huh

I deciphered your post.

I deciphered that you are a mooron.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Influential In Nigeria’s Political Terrain? / Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike / Those Funding Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Exposed Soon – Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.