Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. (5544 Views)

Calling The PROGRESSIVES To Order / 2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / ODUA City.Including Pictures.It is Time for the Children of Oduduwa to dream big (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by shotster50(m): 1:40am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^^
WTF dude. That thing looks like you jacked it from Word Art lol.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ifele(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2011
To Awoist,

Awolowo never cared about Yoruba Unity and Independence . Awo wanted us to remain part of Nigeriia because his dream was to rule the whole of Nigeria himself and he failed at this. Awo is not a true Yoruba he is a Nigerian. He is like many Yoruba politiicians working for Nigeria who want to bring us to our doom by going about arresting the people who want independence for example Obasanjo who arrested and imprisoned OPC members. Thank God Awo is dead because he would still be trying to rule Nigeria for himself.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by aljharem(m): 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2011
ifele:

To Awoist,

Awolowo never cared about Yoruba Unity and Independence . Awo wanted us to remain part of Nigeriia because his dream was to rule the whole of Nigeria himself and he failed at this. Awo is not a true Yoruba he is a Nigerian. He is like many Yoruba politiicians working for Nigeria who want to bring us to our doom by going about arresting the people who want independence for example Obasanjo who arrested and imprisoned OPC members. Thank God Awo is dead because he would still be trying to rule Nigeria for himself.

now i know you are mad

awolowo baba ijebu was one of the greatest nigerian that has ever lived
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by jason123: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2011
ifele:

To Awoist,

[b]Awolowo never cared about Yoruba Unity [/b]and Independence . Awo wanted us to remain part of Nigeriia because his dream was to rule the whole of Nigeria himself and he failed at this. Awo is not a true Yoruba he is a Nigerian. He is like many Yoruba politiicians working for Nigeria who want to bring us to our doom by going about arresting the people who want independence for example Obasanjo who arrested and imprisoned OPC members. Thank God Awo is dead because he would still be trying to rule Nigeria for himself.

Joker!
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by jason123: 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2011
alj harem:

now i know you are mad

awolowo baba ijebu was one of the greatest nigerian that has ever lived

Today you hail yorubas, tomorrow, you insult them, which one you dey
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by houvest: 10:32am On Feb 09, 2011
@ShangoThor

Your vission is good but if this campaign on Nl will succeed, there are so many bigots and supremacists on both sides that you need to address. I need not name names. You only need to open almost every thread to see them. They keep pulling the east and west apart and are roaming freely on NL. They have been there even before this certain harem came. He only saw what was on the ground and is capitalizing on it. We have talked and talked to break the empasse and even appealed to the mods all to no avail. You will be shocked to hear the response of some of the mods. They will tell you that there are also bigots from your side of the divide as if you are asking them to call only one side to order. You will see somebody banned today and two days after he is up and running again with even worse diatribes. Thanks however for the campaign but I still think that you should not write off the North completely till they are given enough chances and they fluff them all. True federalism might be a better and more possible option.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ShangoThor(m): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2011
houvest:

@ShangoThor

Your vission is good but if this campaign on Nl will succeed, there are so many bigots and supremacists on both sides that you need to address. I need not name names. You only need to open almost every thread to see them. They keep pulling the east and west apart and areĀ  roaming freely on NL. They have been there even before this certain harem came. He only saw what was on the ground and is capitalizing on it. We have talked and talked to break the empasse and even appealed to the mods all to no avail. You will be shocked to hear the response of some of the mods. They will tell you that there are also bigots from your side of the divide as if you are asking them to call only one side to order. You will see somebody banned today and two days after he is up and running again with even worse diatribes. Thanks however for the campaign but I still think that you should not write off theĀ  North completely till they are given enough chances and they fluff them all. True federalism might be a better and more possible option.

Houvest, thanks for your great insight and response.

I fully concur with you that in the South there are Bigots and tribal Nationalists on all sides. The mad thing about it is in the
UK and Diaspora, Yoruba's, Igbo's, Edo's, all live together, collaborate, cooperate, compete, face hardship, prosper and thrive;
and because of this I believe there is still hope. I have learnt more about "Tribal Bigotry" on Nairaland than anywhere else.

As a Pan-Africanist, I am aware of the limits of Pan-Africanism. Whilst Nigerians are talking and groaning about an inefficient
system over the last 20+ years, we have watched the Chinese population that were so restricted that they were confined to wearing
"a single uniform", but look at them now. The Chinese story has been absolutely amazing, whilst we are wasting time.

The Bottom line is that Nigeria was not designed to work and we know this, and the Colonialist vampires have admitted this time and
time again, one of them even admitted to having left a "ticking time bomb" when they gave us independence. I see the effects of this
in Nigerian history and how it is permeated in the institutions of State, such as the Army and most importantly, our body Politic.

Call it the North/South divide, schism or polarity, it exists and we can either try to fix this or we can implode. The way the "adverse
impact" has manifested itself in the modern era is that 100+ years after Slavery in what used to be the "Slave Coast", there is extreme
poverty and "individuals sell themselves into Slavery".

I have outlined a more comprehensive view here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-593484.32.html , where I mention True Federalism
as an option.

Finally, I repeat, I do not hate my Northern countrymen or harbour any animousity and neither would I wish for them not to succeed but
I can't stand greed or an obsession with "the right to rule". If all Nigerian's obsessed with creating, producing, creating a surplus
generating wealth and making sure we have an efficient State working for "all Nigerians", then we would all prosper.

Finally, I have zero tolerance for religious extremists that believe in "butchering babies" to get their points across. I also detest
those that believe in tampering with the neutrality and non-discriminatory aspect of the constitution, as we see with Sharia Law that
makes a distinction for only Muslims in what is meant to be a "pluralistic society".
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by houvest: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
One of the most hilarious exercises one can engage in is reckoning the number of academic exercises in NL in particular and by Nigerians in general embarked upon by folks to help Ndigbo to survive while hiding their heads in the sand like an ostrich pretending that all is well with their people. Just open an Igbo-related post on NL and you will be shocked at the number of non-Igbo solution providers surreptitiously seeking to insult Ndigbo. In comparison similiar threads for other ethnics hardly attract any traffic and die off after few hours. It appears that to keep a thread alive, you must find a way to bring in Igbo issues even when they are uncalled-for. In fact it has developed into an obsession for some folks.

Now let us analyse this thread. So only Igbos are killed in the North? No wahala. Please mobilize the Odua brigade to come deliver our women and children. Why bother about our men? They deserve to die because of their pride and self-glorification.SMH.
One of the most horrifying stories I have read is that of the Yoruba corper murdered in the North ,I think, 2 years ago, along with the men folk in his relation's house in full view of the womenfolk and with his family members in the west listening in via phone. The murderers took the corper's phone and were giving his family a real-time life broadcast of the events. 'Ya brother e go soon die, 'he dying', 'he dead.' I wept so much on reading the story of such man's inhumanity to man on a young boy that went to serve his fatherland.

But to the poster, such never happened. It is Igbos that are being killed and Odua children should speak up to save their women and children. Why stand absurdity on its head? The human eye is passive you know, only the brain can see.

If sombody is sincerely seeking for a solution to the northern murders and he wants a southern response, why not ask for an east/west cooperation to respond to a mutual problem? Why sit on a high horse and seek for an Odua intervention to save Ndigbo? If however he is only interested in Odua sons, why not ask them to speak up for the odua sons being killed? How more ostirch-ian can one get? An intellectually honest poster would have known that this issue now affects even Northerners especially non-muslims; Zango kataf, Beroms,and all southerners. Even the Boko haram extremists and the maitatsine of old attack fellow northern muslims. If prejudices and bigotries are not gotten rid of by a so-called solution seeker, he will end up exacerbating the problem or worse still spice people's mind with enough opium that they take their eyes off the problem and live an illusion. 'Nuff said.

Thanks TPIAH for trying to set the records sraight.
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by ShangoThor(m): 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
bump
Re: An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
Now people are calling out their own. getting serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. / Special Assistant To The Governor Of Delta State Resign Over Unemployment Level / Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.