Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! (59987 Views)

My Experience With Naija Rats (photo) / Dirty Habits We Should Get Rid Of / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Afrocatalyst: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
Fumigation by a professional,nt street roamers,is the only solution except you want to handle it yourself. Check ma signature.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by maxschulze: 11:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Ah, ive had an infestation in my house for almost a year. And it's those very small annoying ones that can squeeze through anything!
I sha bought rat gum from traffic three days ago along lekki epe express way (stupid guy thought I was rich becoz he saw big car, wanted to sell it for me for 200 naira) and don't buy the ones they sell in shoprite o! Dem no dey work shin-gbain...those ones are for ikoyi rats.
Anyways, the first day I layed down two traps along their known paths. I woke up the next morning and was delighted to see FOUR of them wriggling in the glue.
I happily threw them away and set two more the next day and caught another two.
Then I set another and woke up this morning to find 1 more wrestling with itself. SEVEN FA!!! And that is not even half of their population in this house.
Moral of the story: if you have small rats you can get rid of them easily. Big ones? My the Lord be with you cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2015
tithe:
I Don't think you understand, they are having population explosion and as a result their confidence is growing day by day, they don't run again when
am approaching.

Please, if you had a similar experience let me know how u overcome them.

I will give solution and if u use it it might work for u.Rats are destructive.

1. Buy Rat gum (100 Naira).buy like 6 and put it close to edge of the walls, so that u will catch them.

2 buy rat trap and use it is also useful .Don't use rat killer chemical because it can kill them in a remote places were ur hands can't not reach them.

3 block all their entrances from outside

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Please help, i notice orat in my bedroom, any i don't think there is any hole they hide, because i search entire room i found nothing, does it mean their coming And going
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by ADUKKY(f): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2016
LWKMD, all these funny comments. I had similar experience but overcame doing: 1. Block all entry points using cement 2. Blend cameroun pepper and sprinkle on pathways. They hate the pepper die. 3. Dispose refuse every night before sleeping 4. Avoid keeping dirty dishes overnight 5. You can also combine with rat poison for maximum effect. All the best.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Odunnu:

Now you are exaggerating. Cats stil deal with the rats

Courage in numbers. You do know rats would attack a human, if they were a pack? Or a single rat would turn round to attack it's human tormentor if it was cornered?

Cats have been known to have been killed and eaten by a pack or rats, and this is just the regular-sized ones. Those Nigerian rats can be quite big, some the size of an average Tom Cat.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks for the advice
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 10, 2016
Whatever you do, be very careful if you have any pets. A friend's dog got pretty freakin' sick recently on some rat poison pellets his roomates planted 'round the contours of their house, that he didn't even know about 'til too late.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by EfemenaXY: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2016
Siena:

Courage in numbers. You do know rats would attack a human, if they were a pack? Or a single rat would turn round to attack it's human tormentor if it was cornered?

Cats have been known to have been killed and eaten by a pack or rats, and this is just the regular-sized ones. Those Nigerian rats can be quite big, some the size of an average Tom Cat.

But those are bush rats and don't live in houses anyway.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by semochendo1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
We give you a comprehensive rat treatment. We kill
the rats within your house/compound and prevent
the ones outside from entry.

Don't worry about the rats dying and smelling. We use chemicals that kills and dry them... No smelling
around.

We do this for just N5,000.

Call Go-global XS on 07065308183/08057791015.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by semochendo1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lovalt15:
Please help, i notice orat in my bedroom, any i don't think there is any hole they hide, because i search entire room i found nothing, does it mean their coming And going

Don't worry about the rats dying and smelling. We use chemicals that kills and dry them... No smelling
around.

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Tejiriseth(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Very simple.
Due To The Fact That They have Poor eyesight.. I would encourage You to kill with a thick Stick.. His Hard on The back or head...
It always works for me.!
They are Bold and wont always run even when They Smell Humans approaching..
So Just Kill like That.!
And for those who are not bold and agile enough, wear shoes incase they attact with Their Sharp teeth.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Teekayfire: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2017
I use the bucket drowning method. It's easy and can allows for multiple catches. Simply attach some fish, peanut,or crayfish using a string or celotape to the empty can. Make sure the bucket is resting on something that it can use has a staircase.
Remember to thank me later. smiley

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Teekayfire: 7:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Easy bizzy

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Veravic: 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
toyemz:
@ poster
use bleach
they mistake it for water
and they die
the only problem is the smell
Can it be placed outdoors
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Veravic: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
semochendo1:

around.

Pls l need to eliminate the rats in the gutter byvmy street . What van i use
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Veravic: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=semochendo1 post=44707023]We give you a comprehensive rat treatment. We kill

around.

Pls l need to eliminate the rats in the gutter by my street . What can i use abeg i no get 5k bros
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Veravic: 12:49am On Aug 07, 2018
toyemz:
@ poster
use bleach
they mistake it for water
and they die
the only problem is the smell
Can it be placed outdoors
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by elidaesilva: 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
toyemz@ Why not rat poison? I just read a poison related article Best Rat Poison 2019(Do It Yourself & Avoid Expert Cost) and thinking to buy rat poison to get rid from it.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by oweniwe(m): 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Teekayfire:
I use the bucket drowning method. It's easy and can allows for multiple catches. Simply attach some fish, peanut,or crayfish using a string or celotape to the empty can. Make sure the bucket is resting on something that it can use has a staircase.

grin grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by EfemenaXY: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
oweniwe:

grin grin grin

Disgusting stuff embarassed embarassed
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by oweniwe(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
EfemenaXY:

Disgusting stuff embarassed embarassed

Is like rats never take your eyes see something. If rats want to deal with you last last na you go beg.

In my case, the floor Foundation of the house i rented before wasn't too strong. Rats had very good underground network in the area. You will wake up one day and see a hole in a corner of your kitchen,... You block it with cement, tomorrow wake up, you will see another hole in another corner of the kitchen again. That was how i blocked about 8 holes.

Ask me what they were looking for? I had cartons of noodles inside room. Rats ate them mercilessly. I bought white see-through bucket with cover lid.. put d remaining noodles inside.... I, me, myself, i don't know how rats managed to chip off a corner of the lid and find their way inside.

Any little space in the closed door, window or ceiling, small rats will be strolling in and out as it if it's their fathers property.

I first tried poison... Didn't work at all

Then i got rat gum.... It was very effective. If it catch a rat, I'll push the rat off the gum surface with a stick , pour small petrol in it and set it ablaze... The put the rat gum in another corner. Next morning, another catch and burn.

Na so i dey catch and burn rats everyday till i packed it of the house.

But i mistakenly stepped into the gum absentmindedly a couple of times sha... Placed it behind door and next thing, i don take leg match am. Having to wash the gum off my legs or shoe na wahala of its own.

That was why i laughed when i saw the bucket trap... Its far more neat, less stressful way to catch rats and no cruel burnings too.

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by EfemenaXY: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
oweniwe:

Is like rats never take your eyes see something. If rats want to deal with you last last na you go beg.

In my case, the floor Foundation of the house i rented before wasn't too strong. Rats had very good underground network in the area. You will wake up one day and see a hole in a corner of your kitchen,... You block it with cement, tomorrow wake up, you will see another hole in another corner of the kitchen again. That was how i blocked about 8 holes.

Ask me what they were looking for? I had cartons of noodles inside room. Rats ate them mercilessly. I bought white see-through bucket with cover lid.. put d remaining noodles inside.... I, me, myself, i don't know how rats managed to chip off a corner of the lid and find their way inside.

Any little space in the closed door, window or ceiling, small rats will be strolling in and out as it if it's their fathers property.

I first tried poison... Didn't work at all

Then i got rat gum.... It was very effective. If it catch a rat, I'll push the rat off the gum surface with a stick , pour small petrol in it and set it ablaze... The put the rat gum in another corner. Next morning, another catch and burn.

Na so i dey catch and burn rats everyday till i packed it of the house.

But i mistakenly stepped into the gum absentmindedly a couple of times sha... Placed it behind door and next thing, i don take leg match am. Having to wash the gum off my legs or shoe na wahala of its own.

That was why i laughed when i saw the bucket trap... Its far more neat, less stressful way to catch rats and no cruel burnings too.

shocked shocked shocked

Na wa oh!

Good thing you moved out abeg.

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by oloyede1(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2019
[quote author=Veravic post=70049102][/quote]

I have got an effective solution for getting rid of rats and cockroaches

Contact us on WhatsApp: 08167082704
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Oluwapamilerin0: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
oloyede1:

I have got an effective solution for getting rid of rats and cockroaches

Contact us on WhatsApp: 08167082704
Post it here if it is really effective. We do not need to whatsapp you
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Casemiro(m): 7:10am On Jan 12, 2020
Teekayfire:

mehn rats dey disturb eh!

This your method works perfectly! It is among the natural ways that works like magic.

you don't need rocket science to get rid of rats

go natural,
[url=youtube.com/watch?v=-m9YRpIaoww] see the fastest way I killed 10 rats in one night [/url]

(8
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by yunqdady: 3:19am On Aug 30, 2021
Casemiro:

mehn rats dey disturb eh!

This your method works perfectly! It is among the natural ways that works like magic.

you don't need rocket science to get rid of rats

go natural,
[url=youtube.com/watch?v=-m9YRpIaoww] see the fastest way I killed 10 rats in one night [/url]

(8
What rubbish is this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / Help! My Wife Says She Doesn't Love Me Again & No More Sex From Her....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.