Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! (59926 Views)

My Experience With Naija Rats (photo) / Dirty Habits We Should Get Rid Of / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by kaymoney2(m): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
Seun:

Seriously?

Yes bros believe me grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by snowdrops(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
In summary 1. CHEMICAL ( induced, otapiapia, bomb). 2. PHYSICAL ( gum, trap, guns) 3 BIOLOGICAL (cats, snakes) 4. SPIRITUAL ( prayer and fasting, exorcism )

3 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by snowdrops(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
Sorry meant "indocid"
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by caringchi(f): 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
@poster, u said they ve taken over ur guest room, it means u dnt ve enough people in the house
just go out and gather some homeless fellas, make sure u out-number them, the most populated wins cool cool cool
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
People still use rat traps in these day and age?!
At the rate that rats multiply, poster would need hundreds of traps in his house!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by MMM2(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
are u sure dey are not human being.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by vanitty: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
gogodaye:

Sorry for the invasion.The best solution is for you to get this made in Nigeria stuff sold by guys in traffic. Its called the "BOMB".

lmao lmao
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by tlops(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ poster,

Maybe u have not been paying your tithe,  "the devourer"! ( your name )

you need a revolution!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by cchioke: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2011
just call on fumigation experts cheesy the problem will be over
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by sayso: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
better meat na im you wan remove.I begi chop the dam meaty.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
cchioke:

not sure there are fumigators in nigeria.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by tlops(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
how come every body is telling her to get a cat. I dont think cat like rat as much as we are made to believe, if it is true that cat likes to eat rat how come you dont find rat flavoured cat food in the store, lol

cchioke:

not in nigeria, you fumigate by urself after consulting experts on this site,

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by lioncoolst(m): 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
LOL. Are you serious? If there is nothing to feed on won't they just go away. Maybe you need to make sure everything stays in the freezer and not out. They have to have something they are feeding on to love your place so much
shocked

Please, do not try that, except you want to endanger your refrigerator. I cannot tell you what can happen if you starve these guys. They can even go to the extent of eating your wardrobe, clothes, shoes, settee, plastic containers, iron, name it just to teach you a lesson that: 'You dont starve us and still stay sane. This is our hood and you met us here; and we a'int going nowhere stupid" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
@tlops
You don't get cats so that they will eat the rats, you get them so that their scent would drive the rats away. Rats can't live in a cat's "domain"
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by foreveryou(m): 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2011
get a mouse mask, go in the middle of the night and see if u can scare them too. verily, verily, I say unto thee, except the son of man scares the rats, the rats may take over ur house.
my 2 cent advice grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
Funny thread grin grin

'Em nauseating things ate up one of my babies' feeding bottles and a whole pacifier, leaving only a tiny bit of a sourvenir for us to add insult to injury. You would never have known that the bottle or the pacifier ever existed. Big mistake leaving those things in the sink over night. . . .I mean raw harrrrrrrrd plastic! They would even eat stainless steel made by DUPONT!

One of the major turn-offs visiting Nigeria. I can't stand those ugly things. You are so right. . .they all have shiny black
hair. . . not only curly, but long too, like they ALL have Japenese/Korean genes(not African genes for sure). For I have never seen a 'bald' one. . .not nappy hair for the African climate at all. . . the fine silky strands on these vermin, with their extremely lean bodies. . . . are fit for weaves of exports!!! Even bald people or the elderly people with 'grey' hair strands of hair will be soooooooooooooo jealous of them

ROTFLMAO!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
Basically, I had this sort of experience back then and the ONLY safe place to keep and store things in the house was the fridge. However, when I got tired of them, I patched all the holes/their several access routes in the aparment; sealed off every open places including the sealing side; then every morning before going to work, would drop indocid mixed with either beef or bread; put gum on some sides of the house, set trap, drop some rat killing substances as well; repeated the process for some materials that have been consumed in the evening before going to bed.  This practices were done for days consecutively, both in the morning and evening. Under a week, my apartment became a glorious paradise for me again. Deliberately now, I can drop any food material on the floor, no SHAKING. Try this

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by rman: 5:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
Guyman02:

The average rat in my former neighbourhood became so bold that they join us in the parlour to watch super eagles match. Walahi, fear don comot for their body kpatakpata.

We bought traps, but it never catches them, they would go behind the trap and eat the fish bait, piss on the trap and walk away.
One day we ran out of fish bait and tried to deceive them by putting the picture of a fish on the trap, but when I came to check the trap in the morning to see if it has caught any rat, I saw the picture of a rat on top of the trap; Bros, i just pack my things, hire pickup van and ran from that area.
ROTFLMAO!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by rman: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
@OP
Try fumigating the house. A few professionals do this for a fee. You won't feel comfortable in the house for a few weeks because you Will be picking dead dry rats all over. Fumigation works!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
WHY DON'T YOU GO FOR A SNAKE BECAUSE CATS AND RATS ARE NOW FRIENDS AND NO LONGER HURT ONE ANOTHER.

grin grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by ifyalways(f): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

not sure there are fumigators in nigeria.
There are  wink

http://www.gvfng.com/services.html

NICECLEAN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Suite 79,Ogba Retail Market,
Ogba Ikeja,Lagos.
Telephone:08053666325,08028281960

Julian Cleaning Nigeria Ltd
3 Igbasan Street, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos  2341 NG
0803-320-9330

. . . this too wud be helpful. http://www.pestworld.org/exterminators/find-a-pro/Country/Nigeria
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
@army41
i hate rats!!

if they are there to just eat your food, i'd say well okay but they come to eat your food and s, hit on the left over leaving you the only option of discarding the food.

LMAO!! grin grin grin ! I'D SUGGEST NOT TOUCHING THE FOOD EVEN IF THEY DNT SHI'T ON IT

@ika

you sure this is not a raccoon? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Mustay(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Do not be ignorant, there are companies that fumigate in Nigeria. Perhaps you've not attempted to search for one.
I hate rats with a passion - I can't even imagine those who live with BIG rats otherwise called 'asin'. Rats are very dangerous and you do not treat them with laxity. Block all holes they have their airports in and get the services of a cat even if it's in a cage or simply fumigate. We all know how Lassa fever caused by rats killed many in the North last year. You have to constantly wash your hands so as not to transmit such diseases from hand to mouth. As weird as it may sound, I tell you that playing the 'meow' of a cat can scare rats - maybe I have a talent in meowing like cats but the day I tried it, they did run! The only problem is rats have great sense of smell and just the smell of a act can send them a warning message; so if they smell no cat, they're less likely to get scared.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
The average rat in my former neighbourhood became so bold that they join us in the parlour to watch super eagles match. Walahi, fear don comot for their body kpatakpata.

We bought traps, but it never catches them, they would go behind the trap and eat the fish bait, piss on the trap and walk away.
One day we ran out of fish bait and tried to deceive them by putting the picture of a fish on the trap, but when I came to check the trap in the morning to see if it has caught any rat, I saw the picture of a rat on top of the trap; Bros, i just pack my things, hire pickup van and ran from that area

na lie grin grin grin grin

OMG, my belle o!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by vicoloni(m): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
GET RAT GLUES! It works wonders. Sometime ago, my wife complained that some tiny rats were seen playing ten-ten in our living room without giving a hoot about human traffic! The rat glue came to our rescue. It catches them alive so you can savour the thrill of watching them die slowly.
Rat glues comes in different sizes and prices and they are available in most parts of Lagos especially in traffic!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by fredoooooo: 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
OTAPIA PIA LOLE SE ( OTAPIAPIA CAN DO IT) cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Feraz(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
Most replies here had me in tears!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by smile4kenn(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
@OP

Make a huge sign board written "NO RATS ALLOWED IN THIS COMPOUND, By Order"

Trust me, naija rats are very civilized now. They will stop coming uninvited

3 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by r231(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2011
smile4kenn:

@OP

Make a huge sign board written "NO RATS ALLOWED IN THIS COMPOUND, By Order"

Trust me, naija rats are very civilized now. They will stop coming uninvited

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
operation no mercy for the rat
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by fyneguy: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
The most effective and cost-effective biological control for rats is A WISTAR RAT (see the picture below).

This option comes with a proviso- BE FRIENDLY WITH THE WISTAR RAT- make it your pet.  The wistar though looks too weak for the pesty rats, it  feeds on them.

Within 2 days of introducing the wistar, you shall see black rats no more. However, if you are hostile to the wistar, your problem is quadrupled, to say the least, as the wistar  befriends the blacks and crossbreeds to produce a more destructive breed of rats which invade, not only your house, but your entire neighbourhood, like JTF on a mission to the creeks. grin

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by r231(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
fyneguy:

The most effective and cost-effective biological control for rats is A WISTAR RAT (see the picture below).
This option comes with a proviso- BE FRIENDLY WITH THE WISTAR RAT- make it your pet. The wistar though looks too weak for the pesty rats, it feeds on them.

Within 2 days of introducing the wistar, you shall see black rats no more. However, if you are hostile to the wistar, your problem is quadrupled, to say the least, as the wistar befriends the blacks and crossbreeds to produce a more destructive breed of rats which invade, not only your house, but your entire neighbourhood, like JTF on a mission to the creeks. grin

where is the picture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street / Prophet Divine Okoh's Marriage Ends After 3 Months For Not Keeping To Promise / Help! My Wife Says She Doesn't Love Me Again & No More Sex From Her....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.