Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (16004 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2011
It is by far the best Manifesto yet. wink

I am still concerned about the way Politicians in Nigeria approach their manifestos. they are usually punctuated with Active Adjectives that describe what they will do. they however do not detail how they intend to Achieve this in their Agenda. they simply make nice-sounding promises that touch that overly emotional wire in the brains of the masses. grin
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by rebranded(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2011
doctorT:

The best manifesto so far in Nigeria. I believe in these people and I will surely vote for BB.

This is not "I never wore shoe" kind of manifesto. Tell us what you will do should be our way of campaigning but somehow we have turned everything to money bags, may God save us in Nigeria.

haha. .that is not a manifesto that is a plea from a desperate man
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by zoogy2007: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
Very ambitious.

Tell us how they will get the money to do all that. Fellas, these are just wishes by BB and company.

I hope they are also planning to win all the seats in the senate and house of reps. Otherwise its all CRAP
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Delafruita(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
@macjive.you do have a point.anbody can make large promises.we do need specifics from mr B on how he intends to achieve this.but the fact that they have been specific about the fiures show they have thought it out and probably hired consultants to figure out how to accomplish it.as a consultant,you should know a synopsis(which they have provided) doesn't give details.a blueprint does that and that's what we expect BB to provide next.i havealways disliked buhari but as it is,i've caught the BB fever and am now a belieber
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by hbrednic: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
NIGERIANS CANT BE BOUGHT OVER WITH CHEAP INARTICULATE MANIFESTO,
FOOL ME ONCE  cheesy cheesy cheesy WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND WILL TRUST A VERY BRUTAL DICTATOR.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by PeeDaVinci: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
impressive manifesto!!!!
just a few points to note
1) the manifesto does not consider the present reality. it speaks a lot on how to spend money very wisely, however, it didn't touch on how to raise the money (still depending on oil??)
2)the manifesto didnt touch on two important things  -  information technology(our systems in nigeria needs to be modernised), potable water supply
3)can only wish that BB do have the will and courage to do this
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by yamtas335(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
ppl pls call families and friends and tell them the right person to vote for call whoever you can reach and tell them to make the right decision, vote for Buhari/Bakare to lead us to the promise land, the lane and country we have been crying for shouting for, lets keep religion, tribe aside and open your eyes make this decision for your unborn children, for the future of your country, for you and for family and friends, vote Buhari/Bakare 2011, he the only candidate we have, the best out of the rest, you and I know that unless you are a fool and want to stay blind and a traitor
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by beknown(m): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
This is an impressive manifesto.

People must understand that a plan of action does not need to be complete at once.

The manifesto show that there is room for improvement.

If 50% of the manifesto is implemented successfully, Nigeria will be one of the best nation in the whole world.

Oil money is available in Nigeria in abundance to help put all the correct structures in place.

Arab nations depend on their oil wealth and they are enjoying. Why not Nigeria? Imagine Saudi Arabia recruiting Nigerian professionals and doctors and paying international salary rates. Nigeria need our professionals at home, not abroad.

Nigeria can then use the oil wealth to diversify the revenue base of the country after building and developing the infrastructure.

The best plan of action so far.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
zoogy2007

you are asking how money will be raised? do you know how much money goes into corruption?

It is clear in the manifesto that they will track contract performance and ensure contract award, execution and performance worth over ngn100million naira will be published in all media outlets.

they have made it clear in it they will seal the treasury from leakage; hence saving money to fund these SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE IDEAS
Leave execution to the technocrats, it is the job of a leader to show direction and this is their direction. how they will do it, is left to those who will work wih them when they get power by HIS GRACE.

Only the person in Government has the edge to discuss the how, but as usual he is busy patronising IBB calling him his mentor.

and the national assemble even if made up of majority PDP will play ball because the people will be with the president and vice. they mess up and they will see demontration in their chambers. it is time for the people to rule. BBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2011
With the Power sector sorted out, the nation will no longer rely solely on oil to develop rapidly.
The manifesto is a sound one stating what should be done first and then others will follow. Partner with the private sector and then develop the power sector and so on!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
yamtas335:

ppl pls call families and friends and tell them the right person to vote for call whoever you can reach and tell them to make the right decision, vote for Buhari/Bakare to lead us to the promise land, the lane and country we have been crying for shouting for, lets keep religion, tribe aside and open your eyes make this decision for your unborn children, for the future of your country, for you and for family and friends,  vote Buhari/Bakare 2011, he the only candidate we have, the best out of the rest, you and I know that unless you are a fool and want to stay blind and a traitor

ehm?? how about ''NO''. No one will ever vote for that former dictator. Keep decieving yourselves because Nigerians aren't f.ools. Internet clowns.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by yamtas335(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
Bandit C.:

ehm?? how about ''NO''. No one will ever vote for that former dictator. Keep decieving yourselves because Nigerians aren't f.ools. Internet clowns.

what can i do, its your country, your land, if you say NO, then its your choice, you have the right to your opinion, if you think GEJ is the candidate you are free to vote for him, but the point is if he comes to power and you complain, you should remember this that you are stupid, but if you dont complain then remember this that you made the right choice, simple i am not hear to argue with anyone know your right and exercise it
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
This is exciting!!

With security and safety of lives and property establishe millions of Nigerians like myself would return to invest in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 10cirenoh: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is by far the best Manifesto yet.  wink

I am still concerned about the way Politicians in Nigeria approach their manifestos. they are usually punctuated with Active Adjectives that describe what they will do. they however do not detail how they intend to Achieve this in their Agenda. they simply make nice-sounding promises that touch that overly emotional wire in the brains of the masses.  grin

Now you can see the light. cool cool cool
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by tollu: 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
Chai! see manifesto!
I just wish the BB team could be more visible i'm sure they'll swing people their way.
I don't care whether they are dictators, thieves or whatever as long as we'll be trying a different formula. Let's see where this takes us cos a nation can't be having same leaders year in year out and expect differences in its standard.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Barkono: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
I will take this manifesto to my bank and collect value.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by justokey(m): 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ok here is my take. Till I read the manifesto (line by line) I was only sure that I will cast only one vote - for Mr Fashola. Why? Because GEJ was busy telling us how God-sent he was, Buhari was busy telling us how incorruptible his past has been and Ribadu was trying to tell anyone that cared to listen how his tenure @ efcc ended all forms of corruption in Nigeria!
Now the BB group has come up with something that is exemplary, a manifesto that is not only workable, but could address the core sociopolitical and economic rot in Nigeria. Faithfull implementation of these commitments will surely set Nigeria on a sound footing towards tremendous growth, I think.
Since GEJ is no longer an option, having squandered the goodwill of the people by his abysmal performance for almost 1 year, unless Ribadu comes up with something convincing, my vote and that of 20 of my friends and family will go to Mr. Buhari…
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Olaisrich(m): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
i pity BB with all that so callled[b] "The Best Manifesto"[/b] it will surprise them that not all the Almajiris in the north,the Cocao famer in the southwest,and the fishermen in the Niger Delta understand that. It is there alliance that can deliver
us from PDP,which they(ACN and CPC) had failed to achieve. Even if they received there Manifesto from heaven,it's going to be come next season for them. TELL THEM!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by dejavume: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
I'm highly impressed,this is far from reach by other candidates.
I belive in BB .
The North for Buhari,South for Bakare.
Come and See how their names dey make wave in the North.
We have what we have been looking for(Buhari/Bakare).
I hope Oga Jega will make our votes count.
PDP out
CPC in
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
Olaisrich:

i pity BB with all that so callled[b] "The Best Manifesto"[/b] it will surprise them that not all the Almajiris in the north,the Cocao famer in the southwest,and the fishermen in the Niger Delta understand that. It is there alliance that can deliver
us from PDP,which they(ACN and CPC) had failed to achieve. Even if they received there Manifesto from heaven,it's going to be come next season for them. TELL THEM!

It's the same pessimism you are now displaying that brought us where we are as a nation today. You may remain a pessimist if you chose to, however those of us who believe in a workable Nigeria will remain positive.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by COMPAQ(m): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2011
Most of the statements in the manifesto are vauge. There is little or nothing stated there which gives an indication of high levels of logic or superior thinking and intelligence. Any average politician can come up with these statements. Anyway, maybe debates and other discussions will tell us exactly how he intends to achieve this. The issues millitating against us in many of the areas mentioned in the manifesto go beyond simple "we will do this" and " we will do that"
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
COMPAQ:

Most of the statements in the manifesto are vauge. There is little or nothing stated there which gives an indication of high levels of logic or superior thinking and intelligence. Any average politician can come up with these statements. Anyway, maybe debates and other discussions will tell us exactly how he intends to achieve this. The issues millitating against us in many of the areas mentioned in the manifesto go beyond simple "we will do this" and " we will do that"
Obviously you learn very slowly. What's vague about the Manifesto. Team BB is promising a very modest achievement and not the heaven and earth GEJ is shouting across the nation. You need not be a rocket scientist nor a PhD holder to understand the basic explanation in the document. Abeg show us what GEJ has to offer apart from paying lip service and making bogus promises.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Olaisrich(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
It's the same pessimism you are now displaying that brought us where we are as a nation today. You may remain a pessimist if you chose to, however those of us who believe in a workable Nigeria will remain positive.

there is difference btw pessimism and reality,what am saying is reality! i am not begging you to accept it,but we shall all see!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by dejavume: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
Bandit C.:

Former General has the best records of all the contestant.No one is clean! He stands out of them.Most of our higher institutions massively enjoyed from PTF he head.
Nigerians are not fools,they know he is the man of the moment,
BUHARI.BAKARE FOR NIGERIA COME MAY 29 2011
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by rainbowman: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
A really well written unrealistic manifesto. The power sector problem can only be solved when power distribution, transmission and probably generation is in the hands of private individuals any manifesto that states otherwise is only trying to take advantage of our naivety and would set us back some years just like Yardua. This is because PHCN as it is is infested with very funny individuals who refuse to provide electricity to particular neighborhoods unless the neighborhood chairman calls them to offer some sort of inducement. Communities contribute money to buy transformers for PHCN from PHCN stores and these transformers become property of the PHCN after installation, I mean have you ever heard of someone buying a mast for glo, MTN, etisalat? Please be realistic, bb team is just behaving like largerback telling the people the sweet things they want to hear. By the way for all you team bb lovers, ask the gentleman whether he built any power stations or even conducted TAMS on any of them when he was in power for 24 months. We need realistic solutions to our problems not sweetly articulated fallacies.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
COMPAQ

I am sure 3000km of road construction by 2015 is not vague. you can measure that my friend, it is a target not a promise!

Could please reboot your hard drive!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Aks(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
COMPAQ:

This manifesto is the best so far, @ COMPAQ &[b] Hbrednic[/b]: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Have u seen the manifesto of NUHU RIBADU/ACN where he promised one million houses a year and through this scheme alone, open the doors for 30 million jobs[/font]--- THIS IS WHAT U REFER TO AS VAGUE
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by saridonp2: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
The manifesto is good and that prick should stop his baseless criticism because that manifesto is just the outline.Only Nigerians can send PDP packing once they stop selling their votes.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by allinfog: 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
i strongly smell the latter rain comming to relief the agonies of nigerians. this coming election is not about money or the money bags. if you want to determine a credible candidate, just run a credibility check on the prospective leaders and their strongest supporters. the agelong money bags detest change, brutal and heartless.they only support a govt. for personal gains to the detriment of the masses. they don't want to let go of nigerians from egypt. this is both a spiritual and political battle. the gate of hell must not prevail.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by bisiaet: 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hmmmmm manifesto!!! interesting good manifesto lets wait till April and see if manifesto is what will win the election only God knows.

Lots of things can be put together TO BECOME MANIFESTO but will it be implemented? we have seen lots of manifesto before but to no avail I dont seems to be carried away or admirer of any sweet talk what I am after is action.

I'm a bit skeptical on how will CPC with no single state to their credit will win 2011 election I'm not very convince and seriously doubt if manifesto is what will win election in Nigeria I still dont think so, though miracle do happens that bring about twisting beyond human reasoning BUT on thie election I doubt it seriously but as I said I may be wrong in my perception no one should pick it as offence or political interest. God Bless
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
Olaisrich:

there is difference btw pessimism and reality,what am saying is reality! i am not begging you to accept it,but we shall all see!

The reality is that the contents of the Manifesto are achievable with the resources that will be accrued within the same period in Nigeria. The promises are very modest, to say the least. They are unlike bogus claims GEJ has been making in the last 12 months. South Africa is bigger than Nigeria (land mass size), yet they are able to generate and distribute twice the Energy (Power) output which PDP has been promising for almost 12 years for less than 20% the amount we have already blown away. Yet we have no results.

It's shameful that people like you come out here to display your pessimist tendencies and lamely attempt to claim it's "reality".

See for yourself in the link below, how South Africa intends to generate 5,000MW (Mega Watt) or 5GW (Giga Watt) of electricity with just 10-15 million US dollars. Mind you the article is just 2 days old o! 'Cos some of you slow learners will come here to claim it's an old article.

The PDP lead government has spent over $17 billion and we are still struggling to to reach 4,000MW. I should also point out that I'm a professional Engineer and have my first degree in Elec/ELec Engineering in case you assume that I don't know what I'm saying.
http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/20110222/south-africa-plans-worldlargest-solar-power-station.htm
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
BB d perfect combination so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Plans To Sell Party Membership, Ministrial Slots For Being Cash-strapped / Ngige Dares Oshiomhole Again, Delays NSITF Board Inauguration / States ‘squander’ Billions As Ruling Parties Clear LG Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.