Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (16006 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
SLEY4LIFE,

Why whining? go and write yours!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Pataki: 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
sley4life:

it was a machinery that wrote the manifesto. I can write somethn beta for GEJ and publish it. The main thing we want is implementing it. Didnt OBJ say in his manifesto that we shall get 24hrs power supply b4 his expiration of his 1st term in office?
So in your own warped way of thinking, OBJ = Buhari

Internet noise makers - I have seen a handful of your kind over time. They moan and complain about everything. They can surely do and write better than what they have seen and heard, but when the stakes are high, they are nowhere to be found. Nothing is ever too good to be real with these pack of noise makers.

Unfortunately this time, I believe for once, Nigeria is privileged and blessed  to have a double package of sound leadership in the persons of Buhari/Bakare. I believe in their passion, I believe in their dream. I believe in their enthusiasm, I believe in their integrity and sincerity for true leadership and eschewing that which is wrong. Nigeria has the opportunity to show the world what true leadership means. And I (Pataki) approve them!

Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!!
Bold and Loud!!!

Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by assme: 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
And I (Pataki) approve them!

who the hell is Pataki?
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by koyuid(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
WHAT HAS PDP DONE FOR THIS COUNTRY IN THE PAST 12 YEARS?

We all like and talk about developed countries like the America,Canada,Japan,Korea etc but did any of these countries just wake up one day and found themselves developed? no it took a lot of hardwork,discipline and consistency in the management of their people and resources,we can and will never achieve much with corruption as the main agenda in governance. i think the BB team will provide the kind of disciplined leadership this country requires. i do not need to read buharis manifesto[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt] his word is good enough for me[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
KOYUID!

Thanks for that
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Aks(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ Genbuhari3--- I've read all your wonderful contribution, More grace to your elbow for believing in a new NIGERIA which will be shepherd by BUHARI-BAKARE come 2011. BUHARI-BAKARE all da way
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by koyuid(m): 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
Honesty should count for something

BUHARI/BAKARE for me and five more votes i control
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 10cirenoh: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
SAI SAI SAI SIA Buhari

SAI SAI SIA SIA Bakare
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
AKS, Thanks.

Funny enough, I was a bloody Jonathan supporter as @ september 2010, but thank God for taking that step of faith to even go beyond hearsay on Buhari. A particular margazine I bought changed my perspective from the islamist colouration. the title of the article was 'who is afraid of buhari?' I never know so many things apart from Military head of state and PTF Chairman, but now I know so many things and many people are. Since then my support shifted to him, especailly when Jonathan had gone clueless and showed he is no different fro the status quo, though i had a feeling Buhari may not win it.

Then entered Pastor Tunde Bakare, and the feeling that the ticket will win in april is REAL! This is the drastic change we need. the revolution of people who have no God fathers. can someone tell me which governor or minister or obj or ibb will influence BB on federal government appointments, contracts?

The northern elite and their southern conspirators are getting scared by the day.

This is Buhari's best chance ever! 90% of us promoting this ticket never even believed in him in 2003, 2007, but the eyes are open! all the people i have who have donated to this cause were also not considering Buhari in past elections, but NOW WE KNOW!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by KnowAll(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
[size=18pt]MY YORUBA BROTHERS YOU CAN VOTE FOR ACN DURING GOVERNORSHIP, BUT FOR PRESIDO, IT IS BB ALL THE WAY[/size]
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by fxtopedia(m): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]MY YORUBA BROTHERS YOU CAN VOTE FOR ACN DURING GOVERNORSHIP, BUT FOR PRESIDO, IT IS BB ALL THE WAY[/size]

Anyone VOTING base on netpotism NEEDS prayer. BB all the way!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Aks(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ Genbuhari3--- U are absolutely right, I see the coming together of BUANRI & BAKARE as divine which all sound minded people need to embrace cos we cannot afford to subject ourselves to another 4 years under clueless leadership. BB all da way
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by amirhabib: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2011
yes, we believe u can make it, but our fear is on inec
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 10cirenoh: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
It will happen if we all go out to vote, defend our votes.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by KnowAll(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Quote from: KnowAll on Today at 02:13:08 PM
MY YORUBA BROTHERS YOU CAN VOTE FOR ACN DURING GOVERNORSHIP, BUT FOR PRESIDO,  IT IS BB ALL THE WAY

Anyone VOTING base on netpotism NEEDS prayer. BB all the way!  

[size=18pt]You need check and balances in the House, u don’t want a rubber stamping House of Assembly.[/size]
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by KnowAll(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
It will happen if we all go out to vote, defend our votes.

[size=18pt]EACH POLLING STATION GO WITH 10 CAM-CORDERS IF IT MEANS U HAVE TO BORROW IT.[/size]
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by evilspirit: 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
i wonder why some people just antagonize anything whether good or bad. i'm not a supporter of  BB but is  Jonathan the answer?i see that Some Nigerians are not really bothered about the progress of this country.we have 3 main candidates to choose from.yet all some people do is to wash down anything.Obama wont come to change Nigeria neither will Clinton. Our arguments should be issue based.No matter how some might be good-hearted your friends matter. To me  PDP isnt a political party but an avenue to siphon money.1993-1998 was a crisis period and it was obvious that the people were tired of military.so the looters who benefited from military gathered to form PDP so that the looting will continue.so ask yourself is nigeria really better than during  military now.is this where you believe Nigeria will be when OBJ took power in 1999! so to me, a vote for PDP is a vote for continued poverty.believe it or not many people in PDP see politics as business.Jonathan can not do it alone.he will employ the services of the rogues in PDP.some people believe Jonathan should do it because no south-south man has done it before.we say that because we dont know the essence of governance what we need in nigeria has no ethnic face to it.its just , GOOD governance
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by abes(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
Only a fool will apply the same method and expect a different result
Only a fool will keep voting for PDP and expect a better Nigeria
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by evilspirit: 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
To me PDP isnt a political party but an avenue to siphon money
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by evilspirit: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2011
i respect anybody who never joined,dinned with, played with, smiled at, greeted,loved PDP.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Genbuhari3: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
Guys, this came from my boss in the office to his friends!

Friends,

This may come to you as a surprise because you all know that I am not a politician. Neither am I very interested in their seemingly loss reality to the plight of this great nation.

However, I am very interested in these two gentlemen. Why?

I can take their word to the bank, even if I do not like the content of the word. I trust them and can’t find any other to put my trust into. Chikena!

Vote any candidate of your choice, but remember that we need people with the moral fibre to deal with corruption which is the bane of our collective called Nigeria. Remove/reduce corruption, and this nation will prosper.
Also, they do not have any baggage to tarnish their names and no one can point any finger at them for corrupt enrichment now or in the past.

What about Ribadu I hear you ask? Good question. Maybe in 2015. But let’s have play politics for the next 4 years and if he remains the same Ribadu, then we have some hope for the future.

Some unknown facts:

• Buhari built all the refineries in this country – refineries that subsequent presidents cannot even manage
• Built more kilometres of roads in this country in 3 years than the current party have built in 12 years, though Nigeria earned more money through the rising price of crude oil in the international market. Some said the road are lopsided? My counter – build roads somewhere than not build any everywhere!!!!!!!
• Did you remember PTF drugs in hospitals and PTF intervention in higher institutions
• Buhari remain the only person among past or current presidents, vice presidents, governors or their deputies, senate president and their deputies, speaker of the House of representatives or their deputies that do not own properties in Abuja - I repeat, not even a bungalow!
• Buhari remain the only past leader that do not own an oil block even though he had the opportunity to own many like others before and after him

The name Buhari is already a brand, whether you believe it or not. Most people know what he stands for. Do you know what the current clowns/comedians stand for?

You want to ask about Bakare? You answer that yourself. When many of us were still grumbling about how to solve the Yar’adua/cabal imbroglio, Tunde formed an society pressure group under the aegis of the Save Nigeria group to pressure the National assembly to declare the current president as acting president.

Remember the $50,000 transport allowance given to this group when the group visited the president after his inauguration. The money was returned back to the presidency! How do you describe the power of moral conviction?

Now, tell me why I should be interested in the same people that have ruined my past, working so hard to erase any plan for my future and maybe not even present any future to my children?

Take a pause.

You have an opportunity to reverse this slide into opprobrium. The choice is yours.

Spread the news.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by odedele: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nigeria on d march again look 4 mr. president, B/B is our choice
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by odedele: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nigeria on d march again looking 4 mr. president, B/B is our choice
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by BigPhil(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nigerian youths please lets not waste this opportunity,lets vote out this PDP nightmare on election day.To show how determined and serious i am about this,i came to Nigeria from the UK to register during the last voters registration and i will be in Nigeria again on election day to vote for Buhari/Bakere,I was initially supporting Ribadu,but I believe that BB has what it takes to turn this country around.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Eziachi: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2011
To Buhari, Jonathan and Ribadu supporters and also supporters of other candidates, lets assume they are all good people and they all got good programmes. Why not judge them based on people surrounding then now and that will surround them after the election and compare their characters, integrity, reliability, Crime record, Achievements etc.
Ask yourself:
Who made their candidacy possible?
Who or what is paying for their campaign?
Who is their other halves?
Who is running their campaign now?
Who is likely to be advising them after the election?
Who is likely to make their ministerial list and based on what criteria?
Who is likely to say no to a bad advise and stick to it?
Who is likely to have the ball to say no to all the hovering interest groups and stand by it?
Who is likely to curtail the influence of governor as we have today?
Who is likely to go into a private life if he fail to win without jumping ship and join the winner?
Who is likely to say no to the Paris Club, IMF, World bank etc?
Who is likely have the idea of having a choiced property in the South of France?
Who is likely to be swayed by their wife?
Who is likely to be intimidated by internal or external forces?
Who will you likely choose among their VP candidates to be left with the affairs of your personal business in your absent?

When you have considered these questions without any bias, sentiment, raw emotion, tribal/regional sentiment and you find a candidate in all honesty will meet those criteria minus any possible human shortcomings, then continue with that candidate and sell that candidate to us with your reasons and forget about his opponents for a while.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by friedrice1: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2011
"The PDP under Azikiwe Jonathan has made Corruption official in the country, "
Vote for Change,
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by friedrice1: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
Jonathan seeks advice from a corruption called IBB
corruption is also his father,

I'm quoting Jonathan himself, grin grin grin

lets vote wisely!!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Pataki: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
I am determined to make known this change in Buhari/Bakare.

My facebook/twitter status messages and video links on my wall, are towards Buhari/Bakare 2011 (aside Arsenal!).

I may not be physically there to vote, but my voice shall be heard! Nigerians this is our time to take our destiny in our hands.

You have a RIGHT to a better Nigeria. You and I deserve accountability in leadership. We deserve a Nigeria that we can be proud of, home and abroad.

Please and please use your vote wisely.

Buhari/Bakare 2011 is spreading. Catch the FLOW!!!!

Make your future generation proud of you for making this turnaround.

Nigeria must CHANGE

Bold/loud - Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Parnassuss(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
How he intends to do these (which funds he will use I mean) I don't know. All I know is that the person with the BEST opportunity to have done something credible is GEJ, so down with the PDP. I love these guys, BB that is, nut alas my first love is Ribadu. May the best man win.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
Pataki:

I am determined to make known this change in Buhari/Bakare.

My facebook/twitter status messages and video links on my wall, are towards Buhari/Bakare 2011 (aside Arsenal!).

I may not be physically there to vote, but my voice shall be heard! Nigerians this is our time to take our destiny in our hands.

You have a RIGHT to a better Nigeria. You and I deserve accountability in leadership. We deserve a Nigeria that we can be proud of, home and abroad.

Please and please use your vote wisely.

Buhari/Bakare 2011 is spreading. Catch the FLOW!!!!

Make your future generation proud of you for making this turnaround.

Nigeria must CHANGE

Bold/loud - Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!

@Pataki,
Gunners for life. I never knew I have a comrade in you in two camps. BB for 2011 and Gunners for life my brother.

VOTE Buhari/Bakare to move Nigeria along the path of glory.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Pataki: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2011
9ijaMan:

@Pataki,
Gunners for life. I never knew I have a comrade in you in two camps. BB for 2011 and Gunners for life my brother.

VOTE Buhari/Bakare to move Nigeria along the path of glory.
True bruv! Gunners for life - BB 2011 for Naija!!!

We shall all celebrate a glorious Nigeria from May 29 2011 henceforth!

Congratulations on us winning the Carling Cup this weekend! cheesy
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by BravoZulu1: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
Development: PTF - shining in the gloom
The Petroleum Trust Fund, headed by former President, Gen. Buhari, has confounded all its critics. As a development agency, it has succeeded spectacularly where all others failed. Pini Jason has the details.
The one silver lining to emerge from the current heavy economic cloud must be the performance of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF). In October 1994, General Sani Abacha hiked the pump price of petrol from N3.25 to N11 per litre, promising, with Decree 25, to set up a Petroleum Trust Fund to distribute the gains from the increase on social and infrasturctural projects. The board of the fund, headed by former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, was eventually inaugurated on March 21, 1995.

The Fund began with an initial capital of about N60bn in 1996. Its all encompassing mandate includes the rehabilitation of roads and waterways, educational and health institutions, providing textbooks and stationary, procuring essential drugs and vaccines, providing water supply systems, reviving crumbling agricultural sectors, connecting outlying areas to the national electricity grid, extending railways and telecommunications and ensuring consistent food supply.

The huge budget and all-embracing mandate earned PTF some criticisms. Some dubbed it "the alternative government," accusing it of duplicating the responsibilities of other existing government agencies. There was for instance an initial conflict about who should be tarring which road, between PTF and the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing.

Yet, for once, other Nigerians began to hope that here was an agency that took its work seriously. The question was: could it carry out its entire mandate, or even a part of it? Everyone waited to see what would happen.

Initially PTF awarded contracts for the rehabilitation of 12,000km of federal highways (including drainages) nationwide, and between 25-100km of urban road in major cities such as Gusau, Benin, Funtua, Zaria, Enugu, Kaduna, Aba, Lagos, Lokoja, and Port Harcourt. A N27.3bn contract was awarded for road rehabilitation in the first quarter of 1996. The sum of N1.328bn was awarded to 53 pharmaceutical companies for the supply of drugs, while the importation of vaccines cost N229.9m. As at December 31, 1997, funds available to PTF stood at N115.1bn.

One thing even the most uncharitable critic of PTF will admit is that it has evolved a new way of doing things. This is true to its mission statement which is 'to establish and operate an open, modest and efficient organisation for the purpose of achieving the honest and timely execution of carefully designed socio-economic projects.'

Right from its inception, the Head of State directed the fund to operate a lean bureaucracy. It depends therefore largely on consultants supervised by Afri-Projects Consortium, the management consultant to PTF. This policy has created jobs and boosted the confidence of Nigerian professionals such as architects, engineers and quantity surveyors.

In many other ways, PTF has thrown a lifeline to dying sectors of the economy. Most of Nigeria's pharmaceutical companies were failing, and the foreign multinationals were divesting. But through its drugs procurement programme, PTF has turned the balance sheet of most of them into profit. Equipment and car leasing companies are also benefitting from the multiplier effects of PTF operations.

Banks and insurance companies have also benefited. Nigeria has a history of contractors collecting mobilisation (advance) fees and not carrying out the contract. But not with PTF. Every advance payment up to N10m must be guaranteed by a PTF-approved bank, while other advance payments are covered by performance bonds issued by similarly approved insurance companies. This method, apart from increasing solvency through cash deposits, has created business for banks and insurance companies.

One of the insurance companies that has benefited from PTF as a provider of performance bonds is The United Nigeria Insurance Company (UNIC), a composite insurance company which provides both life and non-life insurance. The total assets of UNIC stood at N979m while it grossed premium income of N916m and settled claims of N263m in 1996. With a staff of 552 spread all over its nationwide branch network, UNIC is today one of the leading insurance company in Nigeria.

Another company that has done good business with PTF is IPWA plc, formerly International Paints (West Africa) Ltd. IPWA is today one of the biggest and most diversified paint manufacturers in Nigeria. The company product range spans automotive paints, building paints, industrial coatings and marine coatings. Others are packaging coatings, protective coatings and wood finishes.

Most PTF contractors, specialist advisers and consultants lease and use computers, fax machines, printers and photocopiers. This has provided a new market for computer companies like Leading Edge Ltd., headed by Mr Tony Edoro, the managing director. Leading Edge is foremost in cloning computers with parts from diverse companies such as US Micro-Generation, IBM Direct, Merisel and Gateway. According to Mr Edoro, a widely experienced computer systems engineer, the advent of PTF has been good for Leading Edge. The company's turnover has grown from N50m in 1995 to well over N100m in 1997.

Apart from energising several sectors of the economy, PTF is also setting the pace in another direction. In the words of Mr Salihijo Ahmad, of Afri-Projects Consortium, the twin objectives of PTF are to "rehabilitate infrastructures and reorientate the people." This the fund does through its insistence on transparency even though some critics still accuse it of lopsidedness in project execution and selection of consultants and contractors.

In a country dogged by lack of transparency, PTF is the first, and perhaps the only public institution in Nigeria to publish its annual accounts. Last year, when he presented the annual report and accounts of 1996, Gen. Buhari promised to present the 1997 accounts before the end of the first quarter of 1998. He fulfilled that promise.

The 1997 account of PTF shows that it disbursed N24.3bn on roads, N21.2bn on security, N7.8bn on health, and N3bn on other projects. Other disbursements include N2.2bn on water supply, N936m on food supply and N476m on education. It realised a total of N1.049bn from various investment activities.

Reviewing the success story of PTF, Gen. Buhari said: "We have consolidated our execution of the take-off projects for the previous year and increased our intervention within the sectors. There is no doubt that the years ahead will witness even more intervention, as reports of some of the studies commissioned are received and project execution commenced."

The fund has embarked on community education to sensitise and enlighten communities of its activities. The idea is to bring recipients closer to the objectives of the fund, so that they can participate in project identification and selection as well as eventual PTF projects in their areas.

One aspect of the overall project that the public has raised an eyebrow over is the Armed Forces PTF. According to Gen. Buhari, PTF is under instruction to allocate 20% of its funds to the armed forces, and another 1% to the Federal Capital Territory. The allocation to the Armed Forces is probably a continuation of a practice that started during Gen. Babangida's time when he used to allocate excess revenue from the projected price of crude directly to the commanding officers. But what worries critics of PTF is that the military is not accountable to anyone regarding its utilisation of funds. Moreover, critics question the wisdom of allocating such a huge chunk to the military (who also usually takes the lion's share of the budget) over and above food supply, education and health. Apart from roads, the allocation to all other sectors does not add up to the Armed Forces PTF allocation.

Nobody knows how long PTF, a purely intensive intervention agency, will last or whether there will be a place for such an agency under a democratic set up. That decision, Gen. Buhari said, will be up to Nigerians. For now his preoccupation is to rehabilitate infrastructure and reorientate the people towards a new, effective and efficient way of executing uninflated contracts without kickbacks and without consuming mobilisation fees. Said Gen. Buhari to PTF contractors: "If you perform well, you get a hand shake. If you perform badly, you get a handcuff."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Presents Flags To APC Candidates For LG Elections / Fayose Endorses Kolade Eleka For Ekiti South Senatorial Seat / RIVERS STATE GOVT: There Re No Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.