Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (16009 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
GenBuhari:

Wole Soyinka is misguided or may have been misquoted.

Who is Wole Soyinka Sef - we need to be suspicious of africans honoured / acclaimed by Western nations as they may be doing the bidding for the West /IMF World bank.

Dont forget Wole served in IBB 's government so remember that fact.

dude wole soyinka is a patriot.

he is entitled to his opinion.

do not allow yourself to take on the habits of the desperate pro gej scumtwats
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
Soyinka did serve in IBB's government perhaps he became a patriot / enlightened after he he had written that article (if he indeed he even did write it)
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Beaf: 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
LOL

This intervention has been provoked, not so much by the ambitions of General Buhari to return to power at the head of a democratic Nigeria, as by declarations of support from directions that leave one totally dumbfounded. It would appear that some, myself among them, had been overcomplacent about the magnitude of an ambition that seemed as preposterous as the late effort of General Ibrahim Babangida to aspire yet again to the honour of presiding over a society that truly seeks a democratic future.  What one had dismissed was a rash of illusions, brought about by other political improbabilities that surround us, however, is being given an air of plausibility by individuals and groupings to which one had earlier attributed a sense of relevance of historic actualities.

Recently, I published an article in the media, invoking the possible recourse to psychiatric explanation for some of the incongruities in conduct within national leadership. Now, to tell the truth, I have begun to seriously address the issue of which section of society requires the services of a psychiatrist. The contest for a seizure of rationality is now so polarized that I am quite reconciled to the fact it could be those of us on this side, not the opposing school of thought that ought to declare ourselves candidates for a lunatic asylum. So be it. While that decision hangs in the balance however, the forum is open. Let both sides continue to address our cases to the electorate, but also prepare to submit ourselves for psychiatric examination.

-Wole Soyinka

[img]http://thenigerianarchive.files./2010/11/wole-soyinka.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
team gej never changes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

incoherent twats bereft of intelligence or even a moral compass of any kind

when in doubt SPAM!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by seyibrown(f): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2011
Regardless of the fact that they are the best duo (with reservations) amongst the candidates, talk sweet o! Are manifestoes legally binding? NO, THEY ARE NOT! Will they do what they are promising now? We can't tell until we've voted them in!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Beaf: 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Abami eda
Jailed by Buhari, the human rights abuser. What manifesto?[/size]

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Kilode1: 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2011
GenBuhari:

Wole Soyinka is misguided or may have been misquoted.

Who is Wole Soyinka Sef - we need to be suspicious of africans honoured / acclaimed by Western nations as they may be doing the bidding for the West /IMF World bank.

Dont forget Wole served in IBB 's government so remember that fact.

Don't create an enemy where there is none. Stick to defending BB.

Wole Soyinka has displayed integrity and wisdom over and over again. Let us direct our passion towards the right cause and our angst toward the oppressors of our people.

Soyinka is not a GEJ supporter, neither is he a western apologist. They gave him the Nobel at their own risk. Kongi does not owe Oyinbo or the west any favour.

and like Oyb said, he's entitled to his opinion about those he sees as oppressors of his people.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Beaf: 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson were jailed simply for speaking the truth.

Under the most repressive govt Nigeria has ever had, speaking the truth became a jailable offence as long as it embarrassed the govt under the draconian Decree 2.

At a time the Middle East is kicking out their dictators, why would Nigerian seek a Gaddafi style neanderthal?

[size=14pt]Spot the difference:[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_FJSxWSju1iA/TUiQ7c7-pUI/AAAAAAAAAXo/gAk6xxrbdDU/s1600/buhari1.jpg[/img]

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Beaf: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
What manifesto?

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

- General Buhari

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by SSaemoenl(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
May God Help them to actualize all this dreams. God bless Nigeria and us in different countries.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 10cirenoh: 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
The usual derailer has come again, grin grin grin grin grin

Can we compare side by side GEJ nad Ribadu's Manifesto with that of Buhari?

Beaf grow up and stop your useless fear-monger tactic, it's too old and no longer work, let's talk policies and not your useless propaganda.

Let's compare and contrast okay?
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by globatop: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nigerian has never lack ideas, but we lack implementation, I know BB can not achieve 20% of what is stated in that manifesto. There are monsters, cabals and mafia that would never allow meaningful development in this Nigeria, not excluding BB.

But Buhari should provide answers to this questions:

Buhari should tell us why military terminated the 2nd republic, how would he feel if after winning an election some army boys dethrone him.

What happened to Lagos metro-line project, even if the politician that inaugurates it were fraudulent, was there no remedy other than outright stoppage of the project. Was the stoppage as a result of the developmental gap between north and south then. if yes then Buhari is not qualify for south west votes.

What has Buhari has to say as regards the missing $2.8 billion Fela sang about. Could it be reason for military takeover in 1983?
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
globatop:

Nigerian has never lack ideas, but we lack implementation, I know BB can not achieve 20% of what is stated in that manifesto. There are monsters, cabals and mafia that would never allow meaningful development in this Nigeria, not excluding BB.

But Buhari should provide answers to this questions:

Buhari should tell us why military terminated the 2nd republic, how would he feel if after winning an election some army boys dethrone him.

What happened to Lagos metro-line project, even if the politician that inaugurates it were fraudulent, was there no remedy other than outright stoppage of the project. Was the stoppage as a result of the developmental gap between north and south then. if yes then Buhari is not qualify for south west votes.

What has Buhari has to say as regards the missing $2.8 billion Fela sang about. Could it be reason for military takeover in 1983?

Obviously you right just the way you reason. Who told you that toddlers are needed to contribute to the topic of discuss. I think we need to open a new thread for toddlers on NL, perhaps the likes of you and Beaf will have a field day. If after your 112 posts on NL you still haven't read intelligent posts dispelling all these rumours you are still attempting to monger, then your case is no longer salvageable.

Moderators should please open kiddies section on NL.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by akwarandu(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
this is the best thing that, the have happen to this country in recent time, my fellow nigerians the ball is in our court, do we still want same of the same? wake up my fellow country men and women, we may not have this chance again after this, LET US LEAVE ETHINC AND RELIGIOUS SENTIMENT AND SURPORT BB FOR A BETTER NIGERIA
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by globatop: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Beaf
Buhari is no muslim fanatic.

Buhari's wife is a born again Christian

Buhari's driver, cook and many of his staff are Christians

He has ruled Nigeria before and never showed any favouritism to muslims all sharia states were created by IBB and OBJ.

Buhari has chosen a christian pastor  in Bakare as his Vice President

He has rebutted that quote you attribute to him as falsehood on many occasions writing to many bishops and meeting with priests for over a decade but corrupt journalist deliberate perpetuate the lie.

Fela  never ever accused Buhari of stealing any money.

If Buhari has a hidden $2.8 bn , why has he not spent it in over 40years? Why is he living so humbly?

Your scare mongering is starting to look desperate an ridiculous
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by globatop: 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ 9ijaMan

Pple like u think every one must tow your dumb line, because of ur selfish reasons, u are going to be moderator of kidz section of nairaland using yo[r dumb skull
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by DanielGb(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
All what he said means fair well for Nigerians but he was once given the chance to perform but fumbled in some aspects and now he his comming true, but have forgot soon that some Nigerians have lost hope in him, He should team up with RIBADU and give him the necessary support, then they are going to defeat PDP in forthcoming election.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
globatop:

@ 9ijaMan

Pple like u think every one must tow your dumb line, because of your selfish reasons, u are going to be moderator of kidz section of nairaland using yo[r dumb skull

You see ya self again. Wetin concern selfishness with the topic of discuss again, egbami o! When I said you are a todller, I meant it and you've not disappointed me. But at least I'll forgive you for supporting someone else other than GEJ. So you are forgiven. Pele aburo!

However, I'll advice you to talk about your Ribadu and bring out salient achievements instead of ranting like the GEJ croons and attempting lamely at denigrating Buhari with bear parlour rumours. Even your Ribadu referred to Buhari as a great leader and I'm sure he'll not be pleased with you saying all those wrong things about Buhari.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by tlops(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by tlops(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
I like this part of Ribadu's manifesto, it'll go along way to solve part of our recurrent problems eg INEC, NPC, NPF,

Social Security

he departure point of the Social Security policy is the obvious fact that the various provisions in this
regard in both the public and private sectors are grossly inadequate. It is important that both
government and the private sector collaborate to ind the resources to create a caring and inclusive
society where all Nigerian citizens, regardless of age or gender, will be covered by a social security
programme. We will work with the National Assembly to put in place an enabling law for a
comprehensive National Social Security Scheme. As a irst step, we will give priority to the
development of a secure and eicient identity management system working with a reinvigorated
National Identity Management Commission.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Eziachi: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
Olaisrich:

i pity BB with all that so callled[b] "The Best Manifesto"[/b] it will surprise them that not all the Almajiris in the north,the Cocao famer in the southwest,and the fishermen in the Niger Delta understand that. It is there alliance that can deliver
us from PDP,which they(ACN and CPC) had failed to achieve. Even if they received there Manifesto from heaven,it's going to be come next season for them. TELL THEM!
In true democratic scene, that is where you the educated one comes in. You explain it to you parents and they do likewise to their friends and their friend to other friends and relatives and it will spread. The revolution shaping the Arab/middle East now was started by one man and look at what has happened.
If Nigeria is democracy where the media houses maintained by tax payers are not exclusive to those in power alone, Buhari and others has the equal chance to sell their programme to the grassroot.
But a situation where someone like Ladoja in Oyo recently paid for his ad to be aid by a public funded media and the governor was powerful enough to dictate what a public media house can air and what they cannot and his paid ad was rejected and thrown in the bin.
Manisfesto is not all there is for development or a change but its a good start because in all my years, except between 1979-1984 when UPN has a well articulated programme of action if in power has I ever seen anybody/party running for office in Nigeria having a well articulated documented but realistic plan of action till now.

It has always been, vote for me, your cassava fufu will be turned into pounded yam, the same campaign Jonathan is now running. No agenda, just want to be president because soe god annoited him.

You know that I never like anything with thi lopsided one Nigerian marriage, but Itred to be objective as much as I can when I see things that makes sense.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by friedrice1: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
WITH THOSE UNIFORMS, I JUST LOVE BUHARI MORE AND MORE,
THIS SHOWS A MAN LOOKING FORWARD TO FIGHT THE BIGGEST THREAT FACING THIS NATION; CORRUPTION!

MEANWHILE; THE DUO OF GEJ AND SAMBO ARE BUSY THROTTING THE NATION SHOUTING TRANSFORMATION, TRANSFORMATION.
ONLY GOD KNOW WHAT THEY INTEND TO TRANSFORM.

BB ALL THE WAY!!!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by friedrice1: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2011
BB all the way! grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by friedrice1: 9:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
;d ;d

Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Eziachi: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Beaf,
My candid advise has always been to leave your candidate's opponent alone and concentrate by selling your choiced candidate and his credentials if any, that will make more sense. Because I think the more you attack Buhari with some obvious falsehood and spread of unwarranted fear, the more you're campaigning for him and making people to look at him than they would had before. Have you heard that no publicity is a bad publicity.

You seems sometime to be confusing a democratic setting with a military scenario. Irrespecctive of the fact that Nigeria  cannot be called a true democracy but it far different from military rule. Buhari will only rule by the law made by others, well outside his control, no matter how much he try, unlike when he ruled by decree he can write by himself or with few others in a twinkle of an eye. So comaparing him with the Libyan leader is more of a joke than anythingg else.

Remember how OBJ lost his 3rd term in office ambition?  Because it is a decision of other people to make and we knew how much he tried but failed to influence it.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Pharoh: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
Talk is cheap anyway but kudos to them for the point they have raised.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by apoti(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
I have decided to follow BB
no turning back, no turning back
BB all the way!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by 9ijaMan: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
Eziachi:

@Beaf,
My candid advise has always been to leave your candidate's opponent alone and concentrate by selling your choiced candidate and his credentials if any, that will make more sense. Because I think the more you attack Buhari with some obvious falsehood and spread of unwarranted fear, the more you're campaigning for him and making people to look at him than they would had before. Have you heard that no publicity is a bad publicity.

You seems sometime to be confusing a democratic setting with a military scenario. Irrespecctive of the fact that Nigeria  cannot be called a true democracy but it far different from military rule. Buhari will only rule by the law made by others, well outside his control, no matter how much he try, unlike when he ruled by decree he can write by himself or with few others in a twinkle of an eye. So comaparing him with the Libyan leader is more of a joke than anythingg else.

Remember how OBJ lost his 3rd term in office ambition?  Because it is a decision of other people to make and we knew how much he tried but failed to influence it.

@Eziachi,
You need not waste your breath on advising Beaf. A yoruba adage states "a dog destined to get lost will not heed the whistle of the hunter". If the likes of Beaf does not come to the open to express themselves the way he's doing, how would we know that we have serious problems with our educational system. Beaf and people of his ilk avail us the opportunity to determine the level of rot in the education Nigerian youths are receiving.
Abeg leave am make him continue to dey bark o!
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nsiman(m): 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
Just to decieve the feeble minds. Buhari promised to stay for just a tenure of 4yrs yet bitting more than he can chew. In buhari's existence since 1999, what contributions through advise has he made for good governance? If hand rub back, back rub hand too. So cpc is a failure.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Eziachi: 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nsiman:

Just to decieve the feeble minds. Buhari promised to stay for just a tenure of 4yrs yet bitting more than he can chew. In buhari's existence since 1999, what contributions through advise has he made for good governance? If hand rub back, back rub hand too. So cpc is a failure.
Opposition do not advise those in power especially those the claimed rigged them out of office. His job is to oppose government policies, even when they are right, as silly as it might sound, but that is the way it is in most democracies.
Re: Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! by Nsiman(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
~ I wonder what u mean. The last two elections buhari failled, did u hear him again as criticising govt? What u rather hear from him is that why he left ANPP is that illegal committees took decisions without consultation and return to his house and wait for another general elections to contest. Buhari can't carry pple along, that is his major problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry / Ondo Assembly Snake: Governor Akeredolu, Lawmakers Deny Reports (Video) / E-Results Transmission: Why Senate Can’t Subject INEC Power To NCC - Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.