Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows (31901 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Tunsbobo(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
Anyone who has the guts to insult and degrade the first lady of his or her country on the internet by making unnecessary assertions and childish jests is undoubtedly a big fool. What do you intend to achieve by disgracing yourselves and Nigeria? You are only creating a bad image of Nigeria and most of you are ignorant of that fact. The saying that the Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians is indeed a blatant truth!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ Time2think, check the second page. There's a post about you you should read.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ Time2Think
I've been observing your posts for a while and I have this to say which unfortunately are true
- U're either from the south-east or south-south
- U're a staunch supporter of GEJ that u fail to accept his flaws. Right now with your state of mind, if GEJ shoots u on the foot, you'll still clap for him
- U need to change your profile name, cos really you dont think, you prejudice.

As for Patience Jonathan, she's an outright shame to the first lady position, Come on I cud get an O' Level grad to play a better first lady role than this illiterate
Blazing99:

@ Time2think, check the second page. There's a post about you you should read.
Is thatthe post because its so effing true
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by klear(f): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
Some peeps need 2 tel demselves d truth! We r talkin abt d 1st lady s.one who is representin our country on d global level & will continue 2 do so if her husband finds his way in2 Aso rock again talking like an illiterate pepper seller! As for those defending her have u heard her talk? so uncultured & unpolished its reali embarrasing embarassed.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by googles: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2011
Rotfl. . . haba its not by force now

they should scrap that first lady office mehn. . .this woman is just ridiculing her husband and the office anyhoo

and the people that are saying it doesnt matter, I can only shake my head for y'all **na so craze dey start**
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by onyengbu: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2011
blink182:

@ Time2Think
I've been observing your posts for a while and I have this to say which unfortunately are true
- U're either from the south-east or south-south
- U're a staunch supporter of GEJ that u fail to accept his flaws. Right now with your state of mind, if GEJ shoots u on the foot, you'll still clap for him
- U need to change your profile name, cos really you dont think, you prejudice.

As for Patience Jonathan, she's an outright shame to the first lady position, Come on I cud get an O' Level grad to play a better first lady role than this illiterateIs thatthe post because its so effing true

What part of those is unfortunate?
-Is it now a crime to come from south east or south south or be GEJ's supporter?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by klear(f): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

What part of those is unfortunate?
-Is it now a crime to come from south east or south south or be GEJ's supporter?

its not a crime bt its a crime not 2 admit d truth wen d situation calls 4 it. Is it such a big deal 2 admit dat d wife of our president is lackin n d English department wen d facts r starin at our faces every time she makes a blunder on national T.v? & s.one hia is callin her a messenger of God. Does dat justify her mistakes?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by habumaks(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
honeric01:

Anywhere I stand, Margaret Obi stand there too, if you carry ya women rish dia, protect ya vote; they have expand Enugu airport to make sure you can flew ya goods to south east, atink my husband & him junior broda have do well. mind you, we women have short time to born shidren, man can born shidren till 100yrs so dont let mans to use ya shidren as militancy or as togs or army robbering, ask ya youths to enter house”. - Dame Patience Jonathan, First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Those with kids should stop their kids from watching the first lady speak anytime she's on the tv, you need to protect your kids from making her their role model, this is not a good thing to learn.

Before you know it, kids wouldn't mind perfecting their English skills in school again, they can always refer to the first lady as being a case study of not needing to speak good English. what is what doing is what doing well, until we start speaking, teaching and writing in our local dialects, ENGLISH REMAINS OUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE AND THERE'S NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR A FIRST LADY WHO WOULDN'T STOP EMBARRASSING US AT THE SLIGHTEST OPPORTUNITY.

How did this even happen? how did a PHd holder in ZOOLOGY end up with a market woman? Love must be truly wicked angry angry angry

@Bolded
Are you kidding me? or was that from Dame Patience as well?
What is worth doing is worth doing well! is the saying.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by koyuid(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
GEJ should just get another wife! lol
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
habumaks:

@Bolded
Are you kidding me? or was that from Dame Patience as well?
What is worth doing is worth doing well! is the saying.

Lmao  grin  grin  grin

Don't mind all these pots calling kettle black!  undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by habumaks(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ujujoan:

Lmao grin grin grin

Don't mind all these pots calling kettle black! undecided

@ Uju

That is why it's better to respond in just few lines or sentences. If you open your mouth wide you end up typing rubbish thinking you are making sense.

But Dame is a case truly.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by habumaks(m): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
:d
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by seunlayi(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
Tunsbobo:

Anyone who has the guts to insult and degrade the first lady of his or her country on the internet by making unnecessary assertions and childish jests is undoubtedly a big fool. What do you intend to achieve by disgracing yourselves and Nigeria? You are only creating a bad image of Nigeria and most of you are ignorant of that fact. The saying that the Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians is indeed a blatant truth!
No matter what, she is the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I don't know why people like to hide under forums like this to speak against their l k
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by turboman(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
klear:

Some peeps need 2 tel demselves d truth! We r talkin abt d 1st lady s.one who is representin our country on d global level & will continue 2 do so if her husband finds his way in2 Aso rock again talking like an illiterate pepper seller! As for those defending her have u heard her talk? so uncultured & unpolished its reali embarrasing embarassed.

Judging from your point of view, theres are limited option for GEJ to follow. They are;
1) Divorce Patience and get a new polished wife
2) Marry a second wife that will be the official firstlady while patience sit at home, cook n watch the little GEJ's
3) Deny Patience and rule without a first lady.

@klear, i feel your pain and that of some other nairalanders, but i dare you all to pray GEJ embraces any of the above option. After all patience never dreamt of been in such a position. She simply dancing to a music she has never heard before in a party she stumble on.

Lest u forget, 10yrs ago the poor woman was a common house wife tending to her lecturer husband and their children. GEJ love his wife, and even his present position or status will not come inbetween them

What Nigeria needs is good governance not good english. Spoken english is by far our least problem in this country. we should better prioritize our demands on time.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
the way nigerians like to celebrate divorce over every little thing, one wonders why we consider our attitude to marriage as better than the western one.

how many nigerians do not flog the english language with koboko every time they open their mouths?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by habumaks(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2011
seunlayi:

No matter what, she is the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I don't know why people like to hide under forums like this to speak against their l k

Dont mind them jare.
These people will not better our lives by providing a good leadership and on top that they will continue to ridicule us before the international community. If she must talk let them hire an English tutor for her or better still hire someone to be making the speeches for her.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2011

You are the big F.O.OL here, nobody is embarrassing the first lady, she embarrassed herself and the whole nation for that matter.

I would have requested for an unreserved apology from her to Nigerians, but i cant stand seeing the heads of those suppose to accept such apology blown off by another series of her offensive and disgusting grammar.

I wonder why her husband has refused to hire a private tutor for her or is she too dumb to learn and comprehend? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by 9ijaMan: 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2011
turboman:

Judging from your point of view, theres are limited option for GEJ to follow. They are;
1) Divorce Patience and get a new polished wife
2) Marry a second wife that will be the official firstlady while patience sit at home, cook n watch the little GEJ's
3) Deny Patience and rule without a first lady.

@klear, i feel your pain and that of some other nairalanders, but i dare you all to pray GEJ embraces any of the above option. After all patience never dreamt of been in such a position. She simply dancing to a music she has never heard before in a party she stumble on.

Lest u forget, 10yrs ago the poor woman was a common house wife tending to her lecturer husband and their children. GEJ love his wife, and even his present position or status will not come inbetween them

Sorry Pal you lie there! 10 years ago she was the wife of the deputy governor of a state in Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2011
Tunsbobo:

You're the fool cos you have chosen mediocrity and incompetence to represent your country.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by foyeks2001(f): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2011
Blazing99:

You're the fool cos you have chosen mediocrity and incompetence to represent your country.

The king has spoken wisely
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by turboman(m): 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
9ijaMan:

Sorry Pal you lie there! 10 years ago she was the wife of the deputy governor of a state in Nigeria.
Sorry, maybe about 13yrs ago. Not withstanding, we really cant tell how much she has leart over this period. May be back then she could speak only her local language.
Afterall her oga no wear shoe go primary school, take less of her smiley
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by LoveKing(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
Abeg who get water oh! fire dey catch me. grin grin

But wait oh, is this the kind of 'first lady' nigeria wants for the next four years? I dont think so! angry
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by 9ijaMan: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2011
turboman:

Sorry, maybe about 13yrs ago. Not withstanding, we really cant tell how much she has leart over this period. May be back then she could speak only her local language.
Afterall her oga no wear shoe go primary school, take less of her smiley

LoveKing:

Abeg who get water oh! fire dey catch me. grin grin

But wait oh, is this the kind of 'first lady' nigeria wants for the next four years? I dont think so! angry

I feel you both!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by vocalist(f): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
i don't know y human beings can not use they common sense before commenting on something, y not go and become the second wife of mr. president so dat una fit speak english well , nonsense things
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by ajiifixing(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
And why is it strange?

The guy is as inactive as a dDEAD president.Even some dead ones better pass him.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by passyjango(m): 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2011
No doubt Patience Jonathan is a coconut head. She has been in political circle for around 12 years now yet she has not learnt nor seen the need to learn and master the English language. It shows that she lacks intelligence and has a poor reading culture. That is why the drive by GEJ to reintroduce a reading culture in Nigerians must start with his wife.

This also shows how weak a leader GEJ is. If you have been in political positions for around 12 years and you cannot convince and inspire your wife to see the need to improve her command of the official language of the country that you have served in various capacities, then you must be a weak leader. No wonder the woman considers herself a widow. If you cannot lead your home, your chances of successfully leading a country is very slim.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by 1025: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
I don't care about her grammar, What I care is good governance, English is not our language, even at that, the little we can speak but fails to convert it as our official language. However. We are not making use of the pigeon English we converted, but Americans made use of theirs. Come and tell a German, Spanish, Italians to speak the language. They don't care. What matters is what You as a person can offer. Enough of ALL this grammar checker. A graduate in Nigeria is only known by speaking English. However, living outside countries that do not speak English have made me to understand that it just a language to communicate with the nearest person. You the poster, travel to England and speak that your english and see what they will inform you.

@umuahiaman in milan,
so are u seeing the good governance u want from the woman and her husband? is it by force to be a dr or first lady? to whom much is given, much is expected. she can engage herself in night school programmes otherwise known as adult education.
do u know that as a wife of head of state, she is expected to represent nigeria is some international meetings, what language do u expect her to speak there? ijaw or italo? on the other hand, will u be happy if ur wife calls herself a widow while u still breath. oga a widow is a woman without husband. if she is educated in ijaw language, she can address us in that language with an interpreter rather than calling our president dead. what will u feel tomorrow if jonathan wins election and go for a more educated woman? no matter how cold has affected you there in milan, it is a very bad thing for a first lady not to speak english. remember english is our lingua franca. by that, it is our lawful general language as a country. finally, u can concentrate on ac milan and inter milan bcs u surely have nothing to offer on this one. if u support bad thing, tomorrow ur wife will call herself a widow even in ur presence.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Iysayah(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
YemiAlabi:

You are all slowpoke. This woman is model of the classic woman. take some time2think. how will this add to your pot_of_soup? english? ho cares? God put her there. respect her, respect God. you are all crazy. all u haters. she is a messenger from God.
Time2Think:

watch as this crap goes to 68 pages.
[/quote
stop giving flimsy excuses, who does not know that the english language is the world's Language. If she doesnt know how to communicate in clear and precise dictions how does she communicate when she is among other world leaders. Even Turai Yardua wasnt this bad! if you make comments like those when you are still in nigeria, its understandable, but if you have been out of Nigeria , you know what luxury it is that you speak a language the world understands!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Iysayah(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2011
Even the GEJ sef english no pure! grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by turboman(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
passyjango:

No, doubt Patience Jonathan is a coconut head. She has been in political circle for around 12 years now yet she has not learnt nor seen the need to learn and master the English language. It shows that she lacks intelligence and has a poor reading culture. That is why the drive by GEJ to reintroduce a reading culture in Nigerians must start with his wife.

This also shows how weak a leader GEJ is. If you have been in political positions for around 12 years and you cannot convince and inspire your wife to see the need to improve her command of the official language of the country that you have served in various capacities, then you must be a weak leader. No wonder the woman considers herself a widow. If you cannot lead your home, your chances of successfully leading a country is very slim.

Judge with care, you really can't tell how much improvement she has made in these 12yrs. I can't tell either cos i don't know how bad she was back then.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by baslone: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
",. . . Where will you pless ya hand during the erection?. .,."  grin  grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2011
udge with care, you really can't tell how much improvement she has made in these 12yrs. I can't tell either cos i don't know how bad she was back then.

Are you saying her current level of spoken English is an improvement over what it used to be? tongue tongue then i wonder if she had any understanding of English before her husband came into limelight almost 12yrs ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Endorses APC (Photos) / List Of Top Nigerians Remanded In Kuje Prison / Tinubu Announces N50m Donation For Victims Of Katsina Market Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.