Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows (31899 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by soldee: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
[size=13pt]
"For april eleshons don't press ya hand anywer onlu what? Um-ble-ra".
"President um-ble-ra"
"Governor um-ble-ra"
"Member um-ble-ra"
"Senetor um-ble-ra"
"Chairman um-ble-ra"
"Councillor um-ble-ra"
"Vote wot? Um-ble-ra!" - Dame Patience Jonathan[/size]
  grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsIBNHuJvQ&feature=player_embedded
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
Blazing99:

Nah, I'm through with the name calling. Just wanted u to have a feel of what its like to be insulted unjustifiably. This man has been in the ministry for up to 2 decades and u deride him by calling him fake. Are you being reasonable or fair? He didnt venture into politics, he was picked cos of his bluntness on his country's issues and zero-tolerance for corruption. I doubt if you're anything better compared to him so please do not insult him.

Thanks for the maturity this time!!!But my dear you dont even know me and you are not even the Almighty God who is the omnipotent.So being in the ministry for more than 2 decades does not guarantee him to be genuine.The bible says by their fruit you shall know them.What are the fruits of This FAKE PASTOR Blackmail($50,000)Just because he had a mindset to be the Dictator running mate,Destroying other Men of God's intergrity(Adeboye,Oyedepo and others) and making himself holier than thou.Fake prophesies like those made during Obasanjo time,That a prince from Adamawa is the true person to lead this country and to overnight change because of an over to be a running mate.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
klear:

& who told u I want him 2 marry a 2nd wife & how is dat my biz? I dont support polygamy, wat we r sayin is that he should clean up his wife
How By ensuring she speak the queen English without flaws? how would that put food on the table of the common man?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
passyjango:

We are not asking Mrs Jonathan to speak British or Australian English. We are only asking her to speak Nigerian English. We as Nigerians speak our own flavour of the English language, which is good enough for us. Besides, the Aussies do not even speak pure English, they speak their own flavour of it. I have listened to core British speak and I know there is a big difference between the two. So, even the Aussies have no right to judge the quality of our English Language as we do not also understand the bullshit that they speak.
Now we are almost saying the same thing.The English speak with the English flavour9Accent),The Americans speak with the American's flavour,likewise the Australians who also believe theirs is the best,so also goes for scotland and others.so why rubbish the president's wife for speaking based on the flavour from her Okrika background.There are so many tribes in Nigeria and when Nigerians speak English,they only exhibits the flavour(Accent) in their mother tongue.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by kufreabasi(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
whether you guys here mocked at her or not, she's on the top flight, flying above you without you having anything to show forth with. Speak your own and let me see where your grammer will take you to?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by otukpo(f): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
PEOPLE SHLD LEARN TO IGNORE THIS WOMAN AND HER GRAMMAR.

GRAMMAR IS NOT WHAT WE NEED TO PUT THIS COUNTRY IN ORDER.
BESIDES, SHE IS JUST THE WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Thalophyta(f): 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
otukpo:

hei love, easy uhn! dat she is a first lady does not mean she shud be acting like a stack illitrate. sorry to use dat word. If u are close friend of hers, this is a piece of cake, please tell her to get a private teacher. At least, to brush up her accent especially!

Better still,she shud advise odechukwu to get anada wife cuz she so much acts like a typical house wife, meant to die in d kitchen! NO OFFENCES!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2011
“If you carry ya women rish dia, protect ya vote; they have expand Enugu airport to make sure you can flew ya goods to south east, atink my husband & him junior broda have do well. mind you, we women have short time to born shidren, man can born shidren till 100yrs so dont let mans to use ya shidren as militancy or as togs or army robbering, ask ya youths to enter house.” - Dame PATIENCE JONATHAN

God save Nigeria
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
Do you know the funny thing? Patience Jonathan, by her very 'ordinariness', identifies with, and has been taken to more, by the Nigerian people, than a million Oxbridge Trained politicians and first ladies.

The man and woman on the street can identify with  Patience Jonathan in a way most politicians can only dream of.

I think she is President Jonathan's greatest asset.

The WORST MISTAKE he can make is to take these pampered westernized goats who make up the vocal internet minority, seriously, by relegating her to the background as we move forward.

So please, the Nigerian PEOPLE want MORE of Dame Patience Jonathan.

Her voice is the voice of the ordinary Nigerian woman, devoid of superficial, self-conscious appurtenances.

In  many ways, she is the first REAL FIRST LADY we've ever had.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
CLASSIC!
Just for laugh
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by sammirano: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
Perhaps she has forgotten she is married to Him.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Righton: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Do you know the funny thing? Patience Jonathan, by her very 'ordinariness', identifies with, and has been taken to more, by the Nigerian people, than a million Oxbridge Trained politicians and first ladies.

The man and woman on the street can identify with  Patience Jonathan in a way most politicians can only dream of.

The WORST MISTAKE he can make is to take these pampered westernized goats who make up the vocal internet minority, seriously, by relegating her to the background as we move forward.

Her voice is the voice of the ordinary Nigerian woman, devoid of superficial, self-conscious appurtenances.

The Nigerian version of that saying then is what is worth doing is worth doing poorly!
I am not sure how you can say that her grammar (not accent which is not really taught in schools) makes her GEJ's greatest asset.
How? Are you saying electioneering for 3months is more important to GEJ than the people she will interact with for 4 years
There are people who can stand in for her in convincing people to vote. But at dinner parties for an ambassador from Ghana, what do you think?
Poor grammar does not connect people with her. Pidgin will
Ask yourself, would you be very sad if GEJ's wife disappears from the limelight for 3months and afterwards makes an appearance. speaking better grammar

otukpo:

Is she the one needed to put the country in order?
Are the 2 - good governance and good grammar - mutually exclusive?
It is not compulsory for her to make those speeches. So why do things you are not well qualified for?
She can add more value in other things - champion a cause
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Natasha2(f): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
@ post jeez i almost chocked with laughter grin grin grin
but seriously she is improving o, that is if you knew her before then you will understand that she's improving i'm sure it was just a slip of tongue undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Righton: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ozin:

My friend there is a difference between having a home and a house.I said Buhari does not have a home,you perharps need to meet some of your members in the DICTATOR camp  to tell you the difference between a House and a home.
2,always get your fact right before you come here to say anything about the so called debate.The debate is scheduled for March 18th and let us see what the Dictator will say and how he will express himself in English

Thanks for the education. Is anybody complaining about the man's house/home
Anyway, your CHAMELEON wanted questions leaked before the exam.
Can you imagine a PHD holder quaking in his boots at the thought of facing lesser mortals

Ozin:

A fake pastor preaches politics and self ego more than Christ and that is what your Fake pastor has been doing.Everybody apart from him will go to hell,that is the way a fake pastor thinks.A fake pastor is quick to judge and make prophesy without hearing from God that is the way your Fake pastor is!!!

I don't get involved in religious polemics

Ozin:

And how many people in the gathering where she speaks have complained to you of their inability to understand her.
Who told you she must speak perfect english by using perfect Diction.How many countries in the world speak English,even if it means representing Nigeria outside.
The more the DICTATOR,FAKE PASTOR and those of you who are the supporters are coming out with idle gossip about the president the more thousands on daily bases seems to be coming to terms on why he must be voted for come April.Can you imagine the topic of this thread? Your Dictator and fake pastor stand a better chance if they can start chasing substance instaed of the shadows they and their supporters are curently going after!!!
Seriously, have you met anyone in the gathering? Did you expect me to go after some rented crowd to ask them what they think? Can you really guarantee that people who listened to her were impressed? Why do on one hand people say it is good for CHAMELEON to have a PHD while on the other hand, having a wife who cannot pronounce words properly is an asset.
You are employing sophistry! It is not the number of countries that matters.
Nobody will accuse Gadaffi of not speaking English well. But a woman who insists (without need) on speaking English in a public place in an English speaking country is expected to speak it well.
Jonathan cannot speak to me in a Nigerian language. He does so in English. We start learning English in elementary school and it is the only compulsory subject in JAMB
Now speaking it badly has to be eulogised because of Patience
I reckon that CHAMELEON will tell us in his "Bring Back the Book" phase II project that English is not important  

Ozin:

The more the DICTATOR,FAKE PASTOR and those of you who are the supporters are coming out with idle gossip about the president the more thousands on daily bases seems to be coming to terms on why he must be voted for come April.Can you imagine the topic of this thread? Your Dictator and fake pastor stand a better chance if they can start chasing substance instaed of the shadows they and their supporters are curently going after!!!
You are accusing people of spreading idle gossip. Proof please
What Patience said is not rumour and is not gossip. Some of us seriously think that our first lady speaking english better is a plus
I am not sure that you can realistically assess what thousands are doing on daily basis. The credibility of Jonathan has gone down since its peak of a year ago. That is reality on ground

CHAMELEON - we will fight for justice!
By endorsing Bode George?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by amurx(m): 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
another Gramm 4rm Her ex. P J more power 2 ur elbow ma
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by shotster50(m): 12:55am On Mar 09, 2011
ROSSIKE:

There is no way you can justify the First Lady's poor grasp of the English language. How would you like to come back one day and see your daughter speaking like her? What is the point of having English lessons if it would be better to speak like 'ordinary Nigerians'? She might as well give it up and start using the pidgin instead.
For a President who prides himself with being progessive and modern, this is hardly the way to go.

I do however sympathise with him as it seems he has no choice in this matter. The fact still remains the our current First Lady is not the embodiment of the modern Nigerian women.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by mamagee3(f): 1:14am On Mar 09, 2011
Natasha,,:

but seriously she is improving o, that is if you knew her before then you will understand that she's improving[b] i'm sure it was just a slip of tongue [/b] undecided
I can bet it wasn't a mistake nor a slip of tongue, she said it wholeheartedly thinking it was 100% correct. grin grin

As most of the repliers on here said, she has a reputation of giving the worst speeches to a nation because of her bad usage of English language, it's not her first time of defaming Nigerians and it would definitely not be her last time. grin

We'll sit back and watch as this clowns Goodluck Jonathan and his wife embarasses and humiliates Nigeria in a world stage someday if something is not done qickly to oust these two terrible, terrible people. grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 09, 2011
shotster 50 said:

There is no way you can justify the First Lady's poor grasp of the English language.

It doesn't NEED justification. It is what it is. She has NOTHING to be ashamed of. If she so happened not to have received the English tuition YOU did does not disqualify her from marrying a man who loves her, EVEN IF HE SO HAPPENS TO BE THE PRESIDENT. Fact is she REPRESENTS the average Nigerian woman as she is TODAY, not as you expect her to be. YOU may call yourself a ''modern Nigerian man'' but YOU do not represent the MAJORITY. Get it?

Meaning SHE is more REPRESENTATIVE than YOU.

How would you like to come back one day and see your daughter speaking like her?

If I could not afford to educate my daughter to speak perfect English, I wouldn't have any problems with her speaking that way.

What is the point of having English lessons if it would be better to speak like 'ordinary Nigerians'?

How much English lessons do you know that she had?

For a President who prides himself with being progessive and modern, this is hardly the way to go.

You sound callous. Just because YOU are a shallow, superficial person doesn't mean everyone else is, or should be.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by bbkoll: 1:49am On Mar 09, 2011
Maybe it is true ooooo or maybe d Gej dat is talkin to us is computerize.she should tell us frankly now oooo so dat e no go be like yar'adua make we no vote 4 amm oooooohmmmm
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by shotster50(m): 2:03am On Mar 09, 2011
ROSSIKE:

shotster 50 said:

It doesn't NEED justification. It is what it is. She has NOTHING to be ashamed of. If she so happened not to have received the English tuition YOU did does not disqualify her from marrying a man who loves her, EVEN IF HE SO HAPPENS TO BE THE PRESIDENT. Fact is she REPRESENTS the average Nigerian woman as she is TODAY, not as you expect her to be. YOU may call yourself a ''modern Nigerian man'' but YOU do not represent the MAJORITY. Get it?

If I could not afford to educate my daughter to speak perfect English, I wouldn't have any problems with her speaking that way.

How much English lessons do you know that she had?

You sound callous. Just because YOU are a shallow, superficial person doesn't mean everyone else is, or should be.

Mr tongue in cheek.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by JoeGaruba: 5:55am On Mar 09, 2011
To all the Patience appologists: Keep celebrating mediocrity. By the way, you must all stop complaining about the state of the nation.

Im not sure Michelle Obama would be given the same respect if she got on stage and broke out in ebonics.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Righton: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2011
ROSSIKE:

shotster 50 said:
If she so happened not to have received the English tuition YOU did does not disqualify her from marrying a man who loves her. Fact is she REPRESENTS the average Nigerian woman as she is TODAY, not as you expect her to be. YOU may call yourself a ''modern Nigerian man'' but YOU do not represent the MAJORITY. Get it?

How much English lessons do you know that she had? Just because YOU are a shallow, superficial person doesn't mean everyone else is, or should be.
This is not about reasons for marrying. Jonathan should marry anybody he likes. But a first lady should deliver inspiring speeches in a manner that shows that she is a diligent person
The average Nigerian woman does not insist in a public place in a language she is not very good at. The average Nigerian woman (in the farm or marketplace) will speak pidgin or her local language
But she will not be competing for speaking space with Dora
If you want somebody to represent your family in a debate, you will go for the daughter who is most able to speak english
But you may select another daughter if the exercise is just a quiz requiring yes or no, selection amongst a, b,c, d
Is the man really shallow given the subject of discussion
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by kokoA(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2011
But seriously guys, where will you 'pless' your hand during the 'erection'? huh?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by honeric01(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2011
The office needs to be scrapped as soon as possible!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Phlota(f): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2011
nd 2 imagine dat durin ye*day's campaign@Benin, i guess, she was speakin 2 royal fathers nd was lyk @''I'm on my kneels'
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by sley4life(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2011
i dnt knw y some folks alwys pick mistakes whenever Dame speaks. They should clean their own cupboard first
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by uglybetty: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2011
Abeg make una liev my patient oooooooooooooooooh,abeg. Grammar no be her language.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Ekamas: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2011
Their national language is not English. Our is. English is taught extensively in all our schools and is a criteria for educational progression in Nigeria.
Stop making imbecilic points.
Ignorance kills.

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS GUD SPIRITED 9JAS LIKE U 4 FIGHTING & PROMOTING D COURSE OF TRUTH,i 1der ow ple tik sometimes,y do we "ENFORCE/IN FORCE'' our kids 2 speaking proper & standard queens(polished) English lang.
some ple r as dumb as mama patience, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry---------dt is wot i feel 4 dem
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2011
There is no excuse whatsoever to cover up for the first lady's gross incompetence.

Here is the latest shot from her arsenal of grammar:

Dame Patient Goodluck) said,

" We must show love to our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their Nationality"

Lol, this woman no go kill person before she stops
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2011
tolu001:

There is no excuse whatsoever to cover up for the first lady's gross incompetence.

Here is the latest shot from her arsenal of grammar:

Dame Patient Goodluck) said,

" We must show love to our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their Nationality"

Lol, this woman no go kill person before she stops
There is nothing wrong with that considering the fact that we have different nationalities in the country called Nigeria- Ijaw nation, Igbo nation, the Yoruba nation, Hausa etc. They are different nationalities in the country called Nigeria.

And that's an improvement if she made that statement. Go GEJ!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Ibomade1: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2011
Pls leave Dr. (Mrs) Goodluck Jonathan alone. just press yah hand for umbella grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Onnoghen’s Lawyer Confirms Ex-cjn’s Resignation, Reveals Why He Took Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.