Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows (31897 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 08, 2011
klear:

its not a crime bt its a crime not 2 admit d truth wen d situation calls 4 it. Is it such a big deal 2 admit dat d wife of our president is lackin n d English department wen d facts r starin at our faces every time she makes a blunder on national T.v? & s.one hia is callin her a messenger of God. Does dat justify her mistakes?
GEJ should be very careful,there are so many women here praying and fasting for you to send your wife away so that they can replace her with their perfect Diction in English.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 08, 2011
koyuid:

GEJ should just get another wife! lol
Yeah that is what many want,but unfortunately he is not that kind of a person who is ashame of his wife on the account of inability to speak a borrowed language.So many people including the DICTATOR and FAKE PASTOR of course can do that,but GEJ is okay with his wife and does not need another just because of English Perfection
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 08, 2011
seunlayi:

No matter what, she is the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I don't know why people like to hide under forums like this to speak against their l k
And so?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 08, 2011
LoveKing:

Abeg who get water oh! fire dey catch me.  grin  grin

But wait oh, is this the kind of 'first lady' nigeria wants for the next four years? I dont think so!  angry
Let your candidate bring out his wife and let us all hear her speak
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 08, 2011
tlops:

who knows Buhari's wife?
Wife? you are asking for too much! The Dictator does not even have a home!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 08, 2011
ode remo:

y dont u stick to topic, thats how fail exam .
its about gej wife now, maybe buhari next. 

No way!!! we can not just pick on her in isolation.We need to compare her to the DICTATOR wife.So the Dictator should bring one out if he even have a home
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Righton: 6:05am On Mar 08, 2011
Ozin:

Let your candidate bring out his wife and let us all hear her speak
But your candidate with his PhD refused to debate with a diploma holder
or even a soldier

Ozin:

Wife? you are asking for too much! The Dictator does not even have a home!!
Yes, Buhari does not have a house in Abuja
But let your GEJ tell us how he made N295m (as at 2007) from being a lecturer and deputy governor
That is apart from the undisclosed assets in Patience name

Ozin:

Yeah that is what many want,but unfortunately he is not that kind of a person who is ashame of his wife on the account of inability to speak a borrowed language.So many people including the DICTATOR and FAKE PASTOR of course can do that,but GEJ is okay with his wife and does not need another just because of English Perfection
Please educate us on how to distinguish between a fake and true pastor. Your yardsticks please.

Ozin:

And so? all first ladies must speak good english? You guys should please get busy.Has anybody in all the gathering she addressed complained of their inability to understand her?What impact did the flawless english of past first ladies in Nigeria had on the common Nigerian? Idle gossip!!!
I believe that since we start learning English from primary school and it is the only compulsory subject in JAMB exam, it must be important
English teachers are paid too. So learning English does not look like a frivolous indulgence to me
BTW, it is not every mother that went to school. Such mothers are not likely to become first ladies. And if any of them made it, she would be speaking to a restricted audience in her native language
But Patience Jonathan speaks at official functions. It is not compulsory for her to do so. But if she elects to, then she would be judged on the merits of her thoughts, grammar etc - the same standards by which any other public speaker is judged

Please let us not employ sophistry. Patience can focus on more productive things. Michelle Obama is championing breastfeeding to reduce child obesity. She is not an illiterate, but leaves the campaigning to her husband
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Righton: 6:08am On Mar 08, 2011
Time2Think:

baby chimp - so he should keep eating money? Monkey

Time2Think:

Odemerije. Dumbo. Whats your business with that? Jump in the sea.

Time2Think:

slam the MOFO[/b]s in jail and throw the key away. Thats what Buhari will do.

Time2Think:

Poster

[b]She goat like you
also dey talk.

Time2Think:

rass. Who is comparing website?

We are talking about initiative- you are talking about comparing websites. You lack ability to reason, honestly.

But you said in your profile "No insults - no name calling - no abuse"

BTW, you sound like Beaf. You registered on Mar 4 and you have quickly built a reputation for hypocrisy
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Clairette(f): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2011
What we are looking for in Patience Jonathan is not her English but brains. There are people who speak little or no English yet they break grounds and deliver satisfaction.
Dame Patience Goodluck is simply innovative and very intelligent. If we have a woman president in this country with half of Dame Patience's
creativity, Nigeria would be a safer place.
Patience shows no pretense, she's real at all times. she's widely appreciated if you dont.
, stop criticizing her tongue, learn from her brains!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2011
Time2think = Beaf =u dey vex? = Nsiman = etc, etc
NL critically acclaimed 419er a la Commandclem fraud undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by 4dgood: 8:59am On Mar 08, 2011
Abeg stop bringing the 'bad belle' issue here. English is our lingua franca and we expect that our so called representatives are impeccable in their delivery. stop giving silly excuses. Arabs speak a single language. we have hundreds and so English is the only way we communicate to all. Looking past the humour, this is disgraceful!! embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2011
“If you carry ya women rish dia, protect ya vote; they have expand Enugu airport to make sure you can flew ya goods to south east, atink my husband & him junior broda have do well. mind you, we women have short time to born shidren, man can born shidren till 100yrs so dont let mans to use ya shidren as militancy or as togs or army robbering, ask ya youths to enter house.” - Dame PATIENCE JONATHAN

Looooooooooooooooool grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2011
Righton:

But your candidate with his PhD refused to debate with a diploma holder
or even a soldier
Yes, Buhari does not have a house in Abuja
But let your GEJ tell us how he made N295m (as at 2007) from being a lecturer and deputy governor
That is apart from the undisclosed assets in Patience name
Please educate us on how to distinguish between a fake and true pastor. Your yardsticks please.
I believe that since we start learning English from primary school and it is the only compulsory subject in JAMB exam, it must be important
English teachers are paid too. So learning English does not look like a frivolous indulgence to me
BTW, it is not every mother that went to school. Such mothers are not likely to become first ladies. And if any of them made it, she would be speaking to a restricted audience in her native language
But Patience Jonathan speaks at official functions. It is not compulsory for her to do so. But if she elects to, then she would be judged on the merits of her thoughts, grammar etc - the same standards by which any other public speaker is judged

Please let us not employ sophistry. Patience can focus on more productive things. Michelle Obama is championing breastfeeding to reduce child obesity. She is not an illiterate, but leaves the campaigning to her husband
My friend there is a difference between having a home and a house.I said Buhari does not have a home,you perharps need to meet some of your members in the DICTATOR camp  to tell you the difference between a House and a home.
2,always get your fact right before you come here to say anything about the so called debate.The debate is scheduled for March 18th and let us see what the Dictator will say and how he will express himself in English
A fake pastor preaches politics and self ego more than Christ and that is what your Fake pastor has been doing.Everybody apart from him will go to hell,that is the way a fake pastor thinks.A fake pastor is quick to judge and make prophesy without hearing from God that is the way your Fake pastor is!!!
And how many people in the gathering where she speaks have complained to you of their inability to understand her.
Who told you she must speak perfect english by using perfect Diction.How many countries in the world speak English,even if it means representing Nigeria outside.
The more the DICTATOR,FAKE PASTOR and those of you who are the supporters are coming out with idle gossip about the president the more thousands on daily bases seems to be coming to terms on why he must be voted for come April.Can you imagine the topic of this thread? Your Dictator and fake pastor stand a better chance if they can start chasing substance instaed of the shadows they and their supporters are curently going after!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 08, 2011
4dgood:

Abeg stop bringing the 'bad belle' issue here. English is our lingua franca and we expect that our so called representatives are impeccable in their delivery. stop giving silly excuses. Arabs speak a single language. we have hundreds and so English is the only way we communicate to all. Looking past the humour, this is disgraceful!! embarassed
May ignorance not kill some Nigerians.I am in Australia and have been here for about 7 years now.And Australians speak English since most of them came from England to settle here.There are so many Nigerian Doctors here and one complain from most Aussies is that they find it difficult to understand these doctor when they speak.So if you think that bullshit that comes out from your diction is English language,you will be shocked to your marrow to realize that those whose English is truely theirs dont see you as speaking English well.,
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by yunafa(f): 9:43am On Mar 08, 2011
while goodluck was reaching academic heights he left poor aunty patience to be catching periwinkles(issam) and shrimps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 9:51am On Mar 08, 2011
@ Ozin,
For calling Bakare a fake pastor, how about me labeling you a dumb illogical Arrow (which you're certainly behaving like). Your statements so far is mocking those opposing PDP and closing your eyes to their ills. Arrow
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 10:00am On Mar 08, 2011
@the_telz

What if she actually said it on purpose just to familiarize herself with them?

This is the most ridiculous and senseless post I have ever read on NL.

Familiarize my foot, you can feed that to the dogs tongue tongue tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2011
@ Tolu001
It's just like a psychiatrist calling himself mad cos he familiarizes with mad people, lol
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2011
Blazing99:

@ Ozin,
For calling Bakare a fake pastor, how about me labeling you a dumb illogical Arrow (which you're certainly behaving like). Your statements so far is mocking those opposing PDP and closing your eyes to their ills. Arrow
My dear I have stayed long enough here on nairaland to know what the followers of a DICTATOR and FAKE PASTOR can call those who dont think and reason like them.So i have developed that thick skin to Violence of Bombs,guns and that of the mouth of name calling and abusive words.So just go ahead as no insults from the DICTATOR camp mean anything again.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by leMuhito(f): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2011
lol. Nigeria is so interesting! U'll always see/hear somethings that'll ease ur mood. loooooooooool
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2011
Nah, I'm through with the name calling. Just wanted u to have a feel of what its like to be insulted unjustifiably. This man has been in the ministry for up to 2 decades and u deride him by calling him fake. Are you being reasonable or fair? He didnt venture into politics, he was picked cos of his bluntness on his country's issues and zero-tolerance for corruption. I doubt if you're anything better compared to him so please do not insult him.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by baslone: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2011
That "First Lady" office should be scrapped. Our problems are much more than all those stupid
money- siphoning programmes they claim to run. By the way, who started this office.

Not sure if Shagari had a first lady. Obj's military tenure Buhari/Idiagbon??
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by proproman(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2011
i can't believe someone is or some people are trying to justify Dame Patience's poor command of the country' lingua franca! No, it's just wrong to even try to justify it. How many of you will like to listen to your children, no, your parents address a gathering of people with a good command of the english language. Stop deceiving yourselves, there are first ladies from countries that do not have English as an official language yet speak the language to near perfection. Don't even tell me about how she grew up or wether she went to school or not. This is not her village, and she will not be travelling abroad to address (her fellow) market women or widows. She embarrasses Nigerians, yes even the man in the bush, when she speaks like that. Some people are here talking about wanting good governance and that good english won't provide that. Fine, look for one man from the creeks and bushes of okrika (no offence to okrika people, just using it as an instance) who has never read a line before, even from a book in his own language and install him as president, then expect him to do well. Believe it or not, your spoken English is one of the most visible signs of the kind of education you recieved growing up. What question do people ask of those who murder english on a regular basis? Did this person go to school at all, innit? Yet english is just one out of a number of subjects taught in school. Not saying GEJ should marry a new wife, language is a rather flimsy excuse for divorcing your spouse or marrying another, afterall, he wasn't deaf when he married her. But he has to MAKE SURE she learns to speak better English. Dangitt, and someone was complaining about Turai's accented but ok spoken english.

The best madam Dame Patience's English can do is convince other first ladies to pressurize their husbands into getting their countries to invest in education in Nigeria (which is not bad, IMO  cheesy  )
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by klear(f): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2011
Ozin:

Sorry to disappoint you,GEJ will not marry another woman.So if you are contemplating competing for Goodluck attention,sorry to burst your bubble.And how many countries speak English compared to other languages.So many people will stay on here and chase shadows leaving substance for GEJ to chase and the same people will come out here after the election to blame everyone except themselves for losing the election
& who told u I want him 2 marry a 2nd wife & how is dat my biz? I dont support polygamy, wat we r sayin is that he should clean up his wife
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by passyjango(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2011
Ozin:

May ignorance not kill some Nigerians.I am in Australia and have been here for about 7 years now.And Australians speak English since most of them came from England to settle here.There are so many Nigerian Doctors here and one complain from most Aussies is that they find it difficult to understand these doctor when they speak.So if you think that bullshit that comes out from your diction is English language,you will be shocked to your marrow to realize that those whose English is truely theirs dont see you as speaking English well.,

We are not asking Mrs Jonathan to speak British or Australian English. We are only asking her to speak Nigerian English. We as Nigerians speak our own flavour of the English language, which is good enough for us. Besides, the Aussies do not even speak pure English, they speak their own flavour of it. I have listened to core British speak and I know there is a big difference between the two. So, even the Aussies have no right to judge the quality of our English Language as we do not also understand the bullshit that they speak.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by rully2: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2011
Hahahahah, LMAO!! Puleaseeeeee Patience should look 4 other ways to get bizzy, ah ah!!, lol
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Canales(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2011
Forget bad belleism, grin grin grin

The point ere is that GEJ wld av said the same, with all due respect. Like Husband , like wife,

Letz vote ds silly resourceless thnmgs out.

One by One by God!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2011
lmao @

It's just like a psychiatrist calling himself mad cos he familiarizes with mad people, lol

Just like: MY FELLOW MAD MEN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't mind those hypocrites
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2011
*speechless*
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Ultrame(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
Jahbless should add this new line to Joor o!:

Mi o le fi 'Patience' ka news!  Joor o!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by jibosqie(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2011
In fact, its high time we have aspiring First Ladies Debate.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by baslone: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ultrame:

Jahbless should add this new line to Joor o!:

Mi o le fi 'Patience' ka news!  Joor o!

Jooooooooooooooooor o!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Thugs Set Cars Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.