Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows (31902 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Time2Think(f): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^^Agaba

I am as relaxed as you can be. I dont see the humour in it. So, who is laughing?

Na these kind people go go church, listen to Pastor, and the only thing wey dem go gain for there na the wrong English wey their pastor talk for there.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Winnerslfc(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
Hehehe!
I'm getting it. Is it that GEJ doesn't realise the harm his wife is doing to his political career? Or what.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
@Time2think

If my first post on this thread is not amusing to you then I wonder what will tickle your fancy.
I mean, the way the writer interpreted her accent and mistakes is hilarious.

We all make mistakes while speaking however she lost it and she committed a progrom grin.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tellwisdom: 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2011
HAHAHAHAHA! grin grin grin grin Ku hahahahaha!! My fellow widows, indirectly wishing her husband death soon grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Cuteobi(f): 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
Hamid O:

Water!!!!! Dame Patience no go kill us for NL. Can someone just tell this woman to stop talking in public.
whether she misyarn for public or not,she is still ya 1st lady and cant be stopped from giving speeches in public.maybe we could help by getting her a private english teacher to avoid dis type of thing in future.ENGLISH TEACHERS IN THE HOUSE??!!!?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by oderemo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
-'@kemisugar-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Na real waaaaa ooooh for "BAD BELLE PEOPLE"

dame of the joke section v dame of giramma grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by LA2(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by johnjoel(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2011
me self don tire to dey hear this woman dey talk
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Time2Think(f): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
@Agaba

What is funny really?

Ok. I laugh at the lame effort to make people laugh. hahahahaha hihihihihihih/ hohohohohohohoh/huhuhuhuhuhuhuh/
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by namfav(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
LA2:

It is illegal to diss the first lady: http://www.wazobiareport.com/Reports/Lawmakers-pass-law-making-it-illegal-to-diss-the-first-lady

but its okay for the 'first' lady to diss the intelligence of the country  undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by solihu(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
Panadol and a glass cup of water! Somebody heeeelp!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
L
awmakers pass law making it illegal to diss the first lady

Abuja - Following an emergency joint session of both legislative houses, a new law has been passed that basically makes it a criminal offence to diss the first lady.

The new law, called the Patience law, comes into effect immediately.

Official notification of the law has been sent to TV stations, newspapers and on-line news sites and web-blogs.

The law is in response to what some in government have descried as disrespectful lampooning of the person of the current first-lady by unpatriotic elements.

Speaking to journalists at the Federal house of assembly, a spokesperson for the lawmakers said:

"Some people just have no respect for their elders. They keep attacking this poor woman in an attempt to stain the character of her husband, our dear president.

But all that will end now. With this new law we have passed today, anyone who dares to insult the first-lady will face a five year jail term."

Coincidently, five years imprisonment is also the punishment in Nigeria for homosexuality.

When asked by reporters to give examples of the offensive things that have been said about the first-lady, thus necessitating the new law, the lawmaker declined to answer stating instead that:

"Even repeating them, is a crime."

He was asked if this new law will apply to all subsequent first-ladies. His response:

"Not everybody has problems with English."

- Joe Aibozaw

This is supposed to be a joke I guess. A good joke sha grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by ADEOLA17: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
Dame,u no fit kill us with all dis gbam gbam, she should stop talking in public.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
What kind of people was she communicating to?
Do we expect her to be speaking like my brother from Edo state Hon. Agbayagbona?
If the grammer is too rich, just like my brother, u will say he(Hon A) is not communicating and when she speaks like a local woman that she is u will say the grammer is too childlike.
Anyone u say people must talk. Abeg "grammer is not our father's language". SSP.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by viruz007(m): 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2011
chei i don die for laugh, grin grin grin cool
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by MaiSuya(m): 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2011
KAI!! LMAO! grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tolu001: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2011
“If you carry ya women rish dia, protect ya vote; they have expand Enugu airport to make sure you can flew ya goods to south east, atink my husband & him junior broda have do well. mind you, we women have short time to born shidren, man can born shidren till 100yrs so dont let mans to use ya shidren as militancy or as togs or army robbering, ask ya youths to enter house.” - Dame PATIENCE JONATHAN

Lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by PtBlank: 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2011
This woman is just a perfect example of what a First Lady should not be. Embarrassment upon embarrassment. Na by force to speak Turenchi?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2011
@Agaba,pls, b4 u continue, tell me the meaning of[i] progom[/i] so that we go dey the same level?. i no see the meaning for my dictionary.
Maybe i need to update.  
thanks
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by slap1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2011
Her grammar isn't laudable for a first lady. That is her problem, we all have ours, so I think we should soften our criticism of her grammar.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2011
gzib:

@Agaba,pls, b4 u continue, tell me the meaning of[i] progom[/i] so that we go dey the same level?. i no see the meaning for my dictionary.
Maybe i need to update.  
thanks
That's because you typed progom instead of progrom
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by texazzpete(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

Typical Naija mentality.

The Arab people that you want to copy their revolution, none of them speak English. Are their lifes not better than yours? You stay here criticizing Patience English every time as if she send u self. Are we English people?  LOL

Bad Belle kills.

Their national language is not English. Our is. English is taught extensively in all our schools and is a criteria for educational progression in Nigeria.
Stop making imbecilic points.
Ignorance kills.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by slap1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
gzib:

Maybe i need to update.  
thanks
Agaba meant 'pogrom', I think. Even so, I think it's syntactically incorrect.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by slap1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2011
gzib:

Maybe i need to update.  
thanks
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2011
slap1:

You still got it wrong, I meant progrom not pogrom
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Time2Think(f): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
LOL

Most of these people here cant even differentiate between a ladder and the letter "H".
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by slap1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
agabaI23:

You still got it wrong, I meant progrom not pogrom
Right, no problem. I didn't say I was sure, either.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Ultrame(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2011

“If you carry ya women rish dia, protect ya vote; they have expand Enugu airport to make sure you can flew ya goods to south east, atink my husband & him junior broda have do well. mind you, we women have short time to born shidren, man can born shidren till 100yrs so dont let mans to use ya shidren as militancy or as togs or army robbering, ask ya youths to enter house.” - Dame PATIENCE JONATHAN

^^^^^^
ROLFMAO

Very funny stuff. We should pitch the good Dame against Rita Koko Mansion in a grammar 'gun' fight, - cowbow style.

Grabs popcorn sits at the edge of the sofa and wishes Rita a lot of luck (she'll need every bit of it against this formidable foe).

May the best shooter win!  grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by nanidee(f): 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
texazzpete:

Their national language is not English. Our is. English is taught extensively in all our schools and is a criteria for educational progression in Nigeria.
Stop making imbecilic points.
Ignorance kills.

You can say that again and again, i dont seem to understand why Nigerians keep making excuses for things that should not be.

For crying out loud, she is the first lady, she is expected to know how to speak correct english, even if she's not smart enough to for queen's english, smh
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by nanidee(f): 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
The new law, called the Patience law, comes into effect immediately.

Official notification of the law has been sent to TV stations, newspapers and on-line news sites and web-blogs.

The law is in response to what some in government have descried as disrespectful lampooning of the person of the current first-lady by unpatriotic elements.

Speaking to journalists at the Federal house of assembly, a spokesperson for the lawmakers said:

"Some people just have no respect for their elders. They keep attacking this[b] poor woman[/b] in an attempt to stain the character of her husband, our dear president.

But all that will end now. With this new law we have passed today, anyone who dares to insult the first-lady will face a five year jail term."

Coincidently, five years imprisonment is also the punishment in Nigeria for homosexuality.

When asked by reporters to give examples of the offensive things that have been said about the first-lady, thus necessitating the new law, the lawmaker declined to answer stating instead that:

"Even repeating them, is a crime."

He was asked if this new law will apply to all subsequent first-ladies. His response:

"Not everybody has problems with English."

- Joe Aibozaw

lol, some good comic relief. grin grin

Agaba, Agaba,  cheesy cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Blazing99: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

LOL

Most of these people here cant even differentiate between a ladder and the letter "H".

@ Time2Think
I've been observing your posts for a while and I have this to say which unfortunately are true
- U're either from the south-east or south-south
- U're a staunch supporter of GEJ that u fail to accept his flaws. Right now with ur state of mind, if GEJ shoots u on the foot, you'll still clap for him
- U need to change ur profile name, cos really you dont think, you prejudice.

As for Patience Jonathan, she's an outright shame to the first lady position, Come on I cud get an O' Level grad to play a better first lady role than this illiterate
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by agabaI23(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2011
nanidee:

- Joe Aibozaw

lol, some good comic relief. grin grin

Agaba, Agaba,  cheesy cheesy

No be write am, na wazobia oo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / List Of Top Nigerians Remanded In Kuje Prison / Eid El Fitr In Owerri (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.