Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows (31896 Views)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by step1: 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
Why would anyone justify her, lacking the ability to speak good English after spending 12 yrs in the corridor of power; makes no sense. No one is tell her to speak perfect English but her command of English has to be average or up to standard. Why would the first lady of a multicultural country like Nigeria, not able to speak good English when addressing the public ?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by damas11111(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
tolu001:

Are you saying her current level of spoken English is an improvement over what it used to be? tongue tongue then i wonder if she had any understanding of English before her husband came into limelight almost 12yrs ago

^^^^
Sure. Definitely. Certainly. I wonder what level it was then.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by cold(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2011
baslone:

",. . . Where will you pless ya hand during the erection?. .,."  grin  grin
grin grin chei i don die
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Solomon227(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2011
baslone:

I will pless my hand here

[size=24pt]Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by tlops(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
who knows Buhari's wife?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by oluwabamis(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
that woman is very crude, im not supprised at the statement credited to her. i just wonder where a phd holder got that market woman from. my advice to nigerians is that we compel her husband to hire a private tutor for her so that she doesnt continue to drag our already soiled name  in the mud of her ignorance, but jeg can marry a new 1st lady.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by ALANK: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2011
Let everybody shout AMEN and let the country be free from bondage. Amen ,amen and amen.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Tunsbobo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2011
The condition of Nigerian electorates is absolutely pitiable. I want to ask u all some questions! Is speaking big grammer the most important quality you search for in Nigeria's next president? Are u also saying u wouldn't vote for Gej simply because his wife speaks bad english?(imagine!) In summary, you prefer someone who speaks good English but not effective to someone who cannot speak good English but effective?! If yes, then i guess the best option for president come 2011 is Reverend Chris Okotie! Rubbish. Una no get sense at all!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
does gej speak good english?

people like to major in minors.

una sha wan provide una mistress or sister there in order to share bribes and contracts.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
Una no get sense at all!

cant argue with that!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by oderemo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2011
who knows Buhari's wife?

y dont u stick to topic, thats how fail exam .
its about gej wife now, maybe buhari next.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by passyjango(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
Tunsbobo:

The condition of Nigerian electorates is absolutely pitiable. I want to ask u all some questions! Is speaking big grammer the most important quality you search for in Nigeria's next president? Are u also saying u wouldn't vote for Gej simply because his wife speaks bad english?(imagine!) In summary, you prefer someone who speaks good English but not effective to someone who cannot speak good English but effective?! If yes, then i guess the best option for president come 2011 is Reverend Chris Okotie! Rubbish. Una no get sense at all!

This goes beyond the inability of the first lady to represent herself in public. It also questions the ability of her husband to identify and solve problems. Is he okay with the way his wife represents herself in public, if not what is he doing about it? That is one question that should be asked at the forth coming debate if he will show up there.

If Jonathan despite being in public office for many years cannot fix his wife (who has just a simple problem of messing up grammar), then he cannot be trusted to fix Nigeria (a country with multitude of problems). We need a leader who is allergic to problems and will solve problem, not someone who accepts and lives with problems. For Christ sake, what will it take to brush-up this woman? All the money she spends on fashion would have done the job in less than six months.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ridiculous.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Coolabbie: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
baslone:

LWKMFH!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by LoveKing(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
Abeg oh make una leave am. Oga odechuks marry am for the right reason, she sabi throw summersault for bed oh, she sabi bedroom work well well wink
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by shotster50(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
This woman  will the the death of GEJ.  Her struggle with the English language is an epic one. Not exactly what one has mind when one is posturing as the FB president of Nigeria is it?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by ceah(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2011
go and vote

The Opinion poll is Open
Dame Patience Jonathan Vs Rita Koko Mansion

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-618812.0.html#msg7866879

grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by BIGZEE1: 12:36am On Mar 08, 2011
LOL!!!!!, is there actually a video online , cos i've just been hearing audio clips of the "Umbrerra" speech, i'll like 2 watch n see how her supporters were reacting, lol!!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by mamagee3(f): 1:11am On Mar 08, 2011
It's been known for some of these half-illiterates we have as first ladies to make a grammatical error in speeches. grin

Don't worry about the English, who knows she probably wants to be a widow sooner or later. tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 08, 2011
is her dressing ok?  check

does she carry herself with confidence? check

speech skills- need some working on (like MOST nigerians own).

interpersonal skills- unknown data.

anything on that list that cant be fixed? Not that[b] I[/b] know of.

make una carry una personal problems comot and lets address real issues.

or is all this a smokescreen to fool people.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by gaby(m): 2:02am On Mar 08, 2011
For those calling for GEJ to get a second wife, Mr Presido is already polygamous, its obvious most peeps here don't know Patience doesn't have a child with GEJ,

Madam Dr. Dame PJ hold bros under her arm pit if not bros for don discharge her tey tey but na Pay Pay dey in charge, End off,
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 08, 2011
. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by valerie011: 2:46am On Mar 08, 2011
BIG ZEE:

LOL!!!!!, is there actually a video online , cos i've just been hearing audio clips of the "Umbrerra" speech, i'll like 2 watch n see how her supporters were reacting, lol!!!!!

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bOClsDc-s
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by macjive01: 3:22am On Mar 08, 2011
^^ mehn, watching the above video is damn! i found mysef cringing all thru.

is she a kid? she doesnt have to read anything knowing she is not good at it.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by thetelz(m): 3:29am On Mar 08, 2011
@poster,you must be jobless i think. You wan tell me say at your own age,you never tabon pass this level? What if she actually said it on purpose just to familiarize herself with them?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by emmose(m): 4:43am On Mar 08, 2011
This isn't funny at allllllllllllllllllllll.
Anywayz, she shud kp mrdering English, after all, we love 2 laffff. grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 08, 2011
Lagosboy:

Very true because Buhari is flawless buddie  wink  wink

Of course u got me there ,but you know i meant to say the opposite.Can Buhari pronounce a word in English without Flaws?Let us all forget cheap campaign that wont take The DICTATOR and THE FAKE PASTOR anywhere and concentrate on real issues.Since when did English language become a prerequsite to good governance?
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 08, 2011
apoti:

that means GEJ is dead o  shocked  shocked  shocked
Yes o! A dead man is your president and you should go bury your head in shame and then hang a transformer if it pains you that much!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 08, 2011
Tunsbobo:

Anyone who has the guts to insult and degrade the first lady of his or her country on the internet by making unnecessary assertions and childish jests is undoubtedly a big fool. What do you intend to achieve by disgracing yourselves and Nigeria? You are only creating a bad image of Nigeria and most of you are ignorant of that fact. The saying that the Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians is indeed a blatant truth!
I have challenged them to their conscience to try and compare their Mother's spoken English with that of the First lady.They expected GEJ to have a political first lady just on the account of good English,How many people including the Americans can write a full page in english without flaws from a borrowed language which the english is.They come here and pretend perfection which their DICTATOR and FAKE PASTOR exhibits everywhere.And we all know that the only perfect being is the LORD Almighty.The greatest undoing of the DICTATOR,FAKE PASTOR and their SUPPORTERS is this false impression that they are perfect,they should tell themselves that since only imbeciles which they represent can believe such notion.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2011
seunlayi:

No matter what, she is the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I don't know why people like to hide under forums like this to speak against their l k
And so? all first ladies must speak good english? You guys should please get busy.Has anybody in all the gathering she addressed complained of their inability to understand her?What impact did the flawless english of past first ladies in Nigeria had on the common Nigerian? Idle gossip!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Dede1(m): 5:30am On Mar 08, 2011
Good English language my foot. If you do not understand what the first lady Patience Jonathan speaks as a language, Queen’s English or Pigeon English, I say take a hike.

She is a typical Nigerian woman and being a first lady does not remove a local mannerism from her. If she speaks grammar like the Hon. Patrick from Edo State, these whiners will still complain. Nigerians are bunch of ingrates.
Re: Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 08, 2011
klear:

Some peeps need 2 tel demselves d truth! We r talkin abt d 1st lady s.one who is representin our country on d global level & will continue 2 do so if her husband finds his way in2 Aso rock again talking like an illiterate pepper seller! As for those defending her have u heard her talk? so uncultured & unpolished its reali embarrasing embarassed.
Sorry to disappoint you,GEJ will not marry another woman.So if you are contemplating competing for Goodluck attention,sorry to burst your bubble.And how many countries speak English compared to other languages.So many people will stay on here and chase shadows leaving substance for GEJ to chase and the same people will come out here after the election to blame everyone except themselves for losing the election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Nyesom Wike's Atikulated And Wikerised Shirt As He Campaigns / Thugs Set Cars Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.