Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe (18074 Views)

Would You Serve Jail Term For Your Babe To Be Released? (photo) / My Lesbian Encounter - An Original DNB Story / Ladies & Their Craze For Butt Pads... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by sirp2007: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2011
BB special, its good, l like d way its taking their attention.b4 u knw it 5yrs has passed by w/out them pointing 2 one thing they did.remember those days when some of us will waste time on playstation thinking its d inn thing when life was passing us by.
those that flaunt it re suffering from ''am rich syndrom'', l remember a girl l met at d airport late last yr, she was busy with her bb & completely 4got herself,she almost miss her flight if not that l reminded her, after boarding she sat beside me,l also hv 2 remind her that air hostess has asked all gadget 2 be put off.whn air borne she requested 4 my pin l told her l dont have and she gave me d kind of look that says ''OLD SCH'as waffi boy l didnt give a damn.d plane barely landed whn she put it on again and start reacting as if she is possessed, whn we came out of the airport,l was picked up by a jeep and she offered 2 ride with me,l joyfully reply her with my own version of OLD SCH look.though l gave her d ride,l never bother 2 convo wth her cos l was already pissed by her addiction,
Be careful wht u spend most of ur time/passion/interest on,especially if it does nt add 2 u spiritually & economiclly

funny enough most ppl can no longer convo reasonbly and they use bb as a cover up
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2011
sir-p2007:

l remember a girl l met at d airport late last yr, she was busy with her bb & completely 4got herself,she almost miss her flight if not that l reminded her, after boarding she sat beside me,l also hv 2 remind her that air hostess has asked all gadget 2 be put off.whn air borne she requested 4 my pin l told her l dont have and she gave me d kind of look that says ''OLD SCH'as waffi boy l didnt give a damn.d plane barely landed whn she put it on again and start reacting as if she is possessed, whn we came out of the airport,l was picked up by a jeep and she offered 2 ride with me,l joyfully reply her with my own version of OLD SCH look.though l gave her d ride,l never bother 2 convo wth her cos l was already pissed by her addiction,
Be careful wht u spend most of your time/passion/interest on,especially if it does nt add 2 u spiritually & economiclly

funny enough most ppl can no longer convo reasonbly and they use bb as a cover up
Oh men, u are too nice, u should have let her miss her damn flight!! if i was you, hell yea that what i will do to her, bbm like you dnt have life
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by sirp2007: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2011
Donlittle:

Oh men, u are too nice, u should have let her miss her damn flight!! if i was you, hell yea that what i will do to her, bbm like you dnt have life
thank bro, but 2 wrong can not make one right, moreover help is a sign of maturity
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2011
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2011
Lol @ 190. Maybe for your oyibo end, BBs are no longer popular. Here, they are catching up to 9ja. It's unbelievable because I thought people here preferred Android and iPhones. And I hear iPhone will be adding a BBM app? Na wa o. Bbm is a great invention though. For those of us wey get friends and family abroad, it's great because I'd rather bbm then spend $0.14-$0.25/min calling 9ja and $0.18/min calling England. Some go crazy for it though. I've had my phone for months and still have less than 10 people on my bbm list. I can't imagine using that thing to talk to ALL my friends and family. Na die I go dey.

My oyibo friends keep telling me about BB. Before, I would use my bb anyhow. Now, I hide my own because I don't want anyone asking for my bb pin lol.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by jchublue: 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2011
Even our public office holders in Nigeria have caught the bug. Trust them to take it to another level that even Research In Motion had not even envisaged. I was watching a program on national TV some weeks back, and it was interview between a government official and a talk show host/ social critic. The host asked the government official how he keeps in touch with his local and state constituency in the South South, despite always travelling abroad on ‘official trips”, living and operating from Abuja and not going to his state due to the political upheavals and rising crime rate. He answered with a straight face ” How I keep in touch with my constituency? Very simple. Two words. Blackberry.”

I thought blackberry was one word.

The BB is also guilty of being at the centre of a few incidents too.

About two years ago, I used to work for this company where all the senior managers were given BBs for official tasks. There was this particular manager, Mr.Babatunde, married, about 38, who was very loud. He fancied one of our co-workers, a svelte, pretty girl called Nora whose desk was in the open plan layout just in front of his. Nora was not interested in him in the least, so Mr. B was fond of doing stuff to try to get her attention. He would come out of his office, acting like he was on a very important call to a foreign client with his voice loud saying stuff like “Yes Mr. Smithers. You can email me anytime on my Blackberry” or boasting like ” Please forward my itinerary to my Blackberry. I fly out to London, first thing next week.”

It was hopeless because Nora refused to give him the time of day or go out with him.

On one particular day, he was bragging away loudly to someone on his BB as he was coming out of his office, and looked towards Nora to see if she was listening to his conversation. He did not look at the ground in front of him, and tripped over a stack of cable wires which connected the office server to all the PCs. Some of the wires cut, and disrupted the whole company’s internet connectivity for the whole day until an engineer came over to sort it out. No real work could be done in the office for almost 24 hours. Client deadlines couldn’t be met that day and everything regarding office work ground to a halt. Not good.

One of the directors called him into the office and gave him a reprimand and an official query. By the time he came out, he looked really humiliated. I guess, for him, it was a huge learning, err, Curve.

We are all guilty of going to public or private functions – parties, weddings, get togethers, restaurant openings, barbeques, and bury their heads in their phones and so do not interact socially. Balance is crucial.

The BB has even created a special industry – the BB pouch or rubber-case making industry. Some people have 3 or 4 different BB covers or pouches to protect their dear BB, but no deodorant or anti-pespirant for protection from sweat. Charity starts at phone, sorry home.

A few people simply detest the phone’s popularity and believe that it to be a symbol of the excess, materialism and vanity that is plaguing middle Nigeria at the moment. Dude, it is just a phone. Blame it on the individual and not the product. Don’t shoot the err, blackberry, messenger

http://woahnigeria./2010/09/16/naija-berry/
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
jchublue:

Even our public office holders in Nigeria have caught the bug. Trust them to take it to another level that even Research In Motion had not even envisaged. I was watching a program on national TV some weeks back, and it was interview between a government official and a talk show host/ social critic. The host asked the government official how he keeps in touch with his local and state constituency in the South South, despite always travelling abroad on ‘official trips”, living and operating from Abuja and not going to his state due to the political upheavals and rising crime rate. He answered with a straight face ” How I keep in touch with my constituency? Very simple. Two words. Blackberry.”

I thought blackberry was one word.

The BB is also guilty of being at the centre of a few incidents too.

About two years ago, I used to work for this company where all the senior managers were given BBs for official tasks. There was this particular manager, Mr.Babatunde, married, about 38, who was very loud. He fancied one of our co-workers, a svelte, pretty girl called Nora whose desk was in the open plan layout just in front of his. Nora was not interested in him in the least, so Mr. B was fond of doing stuff to try to get her attention. He would come out of his office, acting like he was on a very important call to a foreign client with his voice loud saying stuff like “Yes Mr. Smithers. You can email me anytime on my Blackberry” or boasting like ” Please forward my itinerary to my Blackberry. I fly out to London, first thing next week.”

It was hopeless because Nora refused to give him the time of day or go out with him.

On one particular day, he was bragging away loudly to someone on his BB as he was coming out of his office, and looked towards Nora to see if she was listening to his conversation. He did not look at the ground in front of him, and tripped over a stack of cable wires which connected the office server to all the PCs. Some of the wires cut, and disrupted the whole company’s internet connectivity for the whole day until an engineer came over to sort it out. No real work could be done in the office for almost 24 hours. Client deadlines couldn’t be met that day and everything regarding office work ground to a halt. Not good.

One of the directors called him into the office and gave him a reprimand and an official query. By the time he came out, he looked really humiliated. I guess, for him, it was a huge learning, err, Curve.

We are all guilty of going to public or private functions – parties, weddings, get togethers, restaurant openings, barbeques, and bury their heads in their phones and so do not interact socially. Balance is crucial.

The BB has even created a special industry – the BB pouch or rubber-case making industry. Some people have 3 or 4 different BB covers or pouches to protect their dear BB, but no deodorant or anti-pespirant for protection from sweat. Charity starts at phone, sorry home.

A few people simply detest the phone’s popularity and believe that it to be a symbol of the excess, materialism and vanity that is plaguing middle Nigeria at the moment. Dude, it is just a phone. Blame it on the individual and not the product. Don’t shoot the err, blackberry, messenger

lmao this is the funniiest stuff have heard today.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by manmustwac(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2011
yeah just watched the film blackberry babes funny film they even mention nairaland twice in the film
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by superstar1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2011
when this babes have Ipad, what will they do? I luv my Ipad but not eternal crazy about it,
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by biolabee(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2011
jchublue:

COOL
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by makanjo: 12:51am On Mar 27, 2011
bb wahala
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by webbjamie(m): 12:56am On Mar 27, 2011
grin
superstar1:

when this babes have Ipad, what will they do? I luv my Ipad but not eternal crazy about it,
the i-pad isn't exactly handy,will be a bit cumbersome to tot about therefore it might not generate as much insane behaviours as the Blackberry.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Esinwaju: 1:10am On Mar 27, 2011
BB is more than just a phone to naija babes, it is an ornament as well.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Pweety4me(f): 3:03am On Mar 27, 2011
oYaTo:

^^ No wahala. . cheesy

your place or mine? wink
Come to mine, & bring along 1 of your shirts cool tongue
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by ladyg2(f): 3:32am On Mar 27, 2011
abeg, BB is so outdated and they bout to sell the BB messenger or pinging or whatever to Apple and other companies because BB need more money. They are really outdated compared to the Android and other newer phones out there now. So why not get an iphone with the BBmessenger feature? that way, u r still pinging,
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by sofadj(m): 7:59am On Mar 27, 2011
To me, u guys just have a personal beef wt BB. If u don't like a BB then don't get a BB, no one would judge u but then those dt have a BB u shouldn't judge as well. Truth is very few of guys posting will not be overwhelmed by the addictive power of BB if they owned one. Imagine someone saying its better to get an iphone cuz u get to use whatapp. Obviously u also like chattin for even mentioning whatapp. And why are some guys telling they own HTC,Iphone4 etc, are they showing off?, see kettle callin d pot black.

Which is more edifying? chatting,meeting new people, and playing games on Iphone ,
To me Iphone is an hype, I once used iphone3gs b4 dumping it 4 BOLD2
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by InkedNerd(f): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2011
A lot of this stuff is just hype. For me, I'll buy/get/use whatever suits my lifestyle just as long as its not touch screen tongue. I can't stand touch screen phones.

@sofa-dj: Are you an actual dj?

ogugua88:

Lol @ 190. Maybe for your oyibo end, BBs are no longer popular. Here, they are catching up to 9ja. It's unbelievable because I thought people here preferred Android and iPhones. And I hear iPhone will be adding a BBM app? Na wa o. Bbm is a great invention though. For those of us wey get friends and family abroad, it's great because I'd rather bbm then spend $0.14-$0.25/min calling 9ja and $0.18/min calling England. Some go crazy for it though. I've had my phone for months and still have less than 10 people on my bbm list. I can't imagine using that thing to talk to ALL my friends and family. Na die I go dey.

My oyibo friends keep telling me about BB. Before, I would use my bb anyhow. Now, I hide my own because I don't want anyone asking for my bb pin lol.

I think there already is one. I was talking to my sister about it and she said one of her friends has it. I was kinda torn between getting a Blackberry and getting an Iphone [even though I hate touch screens]. Anyway, my sister suggested I get an Iphone and just add the BBM app to it undecided.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by BABE3: 8:06am On Mar 27, 2011
^^^Chei! May the lord bless you! I can't stand them either. To much Stress! undecided
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by InkedNerd(f): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2011
BABE!:

^^^Chei! May the lord bless you! I can't stand them either. To much Stress! undecided

lol

#teamstressfree
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by googles: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2011
looks like an avenue for all nairalanders to declare the phones they use. . . . everyone seems to be using very expensive phones.

all ye oppressors cheesy
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by BABE3: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2011
^^I was saying those exact words to myself, lol
E-oppressors! cheesy grin
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by ilosiwaju: 11:22am On Mar 27, 2011
What's with this issue about blackberry users and their phones? Most BB users have the thing eating their time away? Yes! But that boils down to personal indiscipline. Facebook is more addictive to some people than BB is to their owners and that is a fact. Me for one, I am a nairaland addict, hardly will a day go without me skimming through some posts. It is just in our nature to go gaga on technologies.

Before, it was so cool to own a blackberry, now its cool to say "i dont like bb, whats the big deal with bb?" even though most people just beef the phone to sound as non-conformists.

Most people in Nigeria use a nokia phone. Now honestly tell me, if nokia had a messaging program like the BB messenger with some cheap internet subscription, just how much do you think the addiction will be?

Is BB a good device? Hell yeah, emailing is just a gift on it. The addiction? Methinks its traceable to the amebo nature most of us have(chat, message,chat) and this inborn urge to sha keep communicating. As a new cool factor for ladies especially? Its just petty and childish.

Give me anything labeled sony ericsson, i'll dump nokias and bbs over and over again.
Personally, i dont like little keys on devices. grin
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by oYaTo(m): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2011
Pweety4me:

Come to mine, & bring along 1 of your shirts cool tongue

Yay! cheesy

Hope ur bf won't surprise me wit a shotgun tho undecided
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Esinwaju: 12:06pm On Mar 27, 2011
googles:

looks like an avenue for all nairalanders to declare the phones they use. . . . everyone seems to be using very expensive phones.

all ye oppressors cheesy
Abi o, we had better join the league sharp sharp!
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by harakiri(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
I have always wondered what this BB craze is all about. What is so special about BB apart from the BB pin thingy? Other phones have instant messaging and same stuff as BB so wetin be the thing? For me, it's Sony Ericsson all the way.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Konjour(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2011
Someone on here thinks its only those who don't have it that are complaining about the BB virus, shocked shocked grin I actually used a BB Storm IIed between September 2009 to October 2010, and either of my current machines can knock out the joint processing speed and power of 3 BB Storm IIs. The A4 chip of the Iphone 4 and the HTC HD7's 1 Ghz Snapdragon OS is a miracle in themselves. Only bettered by the HTC flyer tablet and the ipad II either of which i'm hoping to order soon. Its the BB that is over-rated. Heard you can get some of its versions in Nigeria for as low as 18,000 naira. And quite surprisingly,i've never been asked for my BB pin by any Nigerian girl before, but think its only a matter of time,and i think i've got an interesting response waiting for the sorry girl. cool cool
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by BluMalam(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
Why is the stoopid spambot stealing my posts. Sheesh angry
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by bigfreak: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2011
i just research rim earnings and from all indications its a sinking ship and wall street forecasts show extreme losses continuing till 2012.unbelivable right check on forbes rim stock analysis and see for your self even their CMO resigned for " personal reasons" he's obviously abandoning ship.so my advice if your a bb user start shopping for a new phone and if your considering buying a bb good luck its goin to go extinct very soon
join the winning teams get a HTC,IPHONE4 OR NOKIA N8 cool
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by BluMalam(m): 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
Recent conversation with a BB Babe
(I'm just gonna cut to the chase)

She: What's your Pin
Me: what pin?

She: BB
Me: Oh, I'm an apple person
She:Pardeeen?
Me: iPhone *pulls out an iPhone 4*

She: Okay, lemme see
Me: *hands it over to her* Just press the bottom button
She: I did and it "offed" again
Me: *leans towards her, presses the home button and moves the slider to unlock*
She: Oh,
Me: Yeah

She: *sees the already open CNN app* This one is a mini plasma o!
Me: hmm *victory smile*
She: It's nice, *unconsciously pockets her bb, concentrates on checking out the apps*

Me: Are u on twitter
She: emm, I have it on my phone but I've not registered
Me: Do that, and tweet me @MatanX
She: Matanx at what
Me: umm?
She: your email address, u said Matanx @ what dot com
Me: Nooo, just register then text me your user name, I will search and follow you
       I mean add you
She: okay,  What's your number
         grin  grin  grin

iPhone 4 = BB Killer
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by MrsChima(f): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
Better yet aim for a IPAD II and BB is a decade too old.
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2011
If BB can cause this kind of stair, then if u handle my HTC wildfire u will go bananas. blackberry is a toy
Re: Blackbery Craze: An Encounter With A Blackberry Babe by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2011
lady g:

abeg, BB is so outdated and they bout to sell the BB messenger or pinging or whatever to Apple and other companies because BB need more money. They are really outdated compared to the Android and other newer phones out there now. So why not get an iphone with the BBmessenger feature? that way, u r still pinging,

Androids and iPhones are the phones that get outdated. Anyone can buy any blackberry within the last year and be fine really. That's actually why I got my own. I don't have to worry about a bigger, better, faster, slimmer version coming out any time soon. PLUS, it has no touchscreen, my main reason for hating the iPhone. Like 4 Motorola Android phones came out in like 12-18 months. Ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? / Have You Ever Been Touched By A Pervert? Share Your Experience / ''how To Woo A Girl And Win Her Heart Perfectly''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.