Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? (21325 Views)

Can Some Men Ever Change? / Do Cheating Partners Ever Change? / Can Ladies Ever Change Their Ways?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
Who is a cheat? A cheat is a man who has disgraced himself by going into a relationship giving a girl his “Word” to be exclusive with her. That’s a cheat is it in a mans nature to cheat yes a man is a sperm power house relationships are not meant for men, men are naturally predisposed to spread their seed and Explore the earth.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by CloudResident(m): 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
A cheat will always be a cheat.Trust me!
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by SonOfMargaret27: 2:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
I dey hear this voice for SIMPson street....
praiseneo:
I just forgive my gf after I caught her cheating and she admitted all her wrongs
I love her sincerely and I’d help her with her flaws.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nuttella:
They will not change until they give their life to Christ, they need to be free from the demon manipulating them, any man that is a womanizer cannot change because he is acting under the influence of a demon.

Do not forget that many also give their lives to Christ but fail to change by putting in the necessary work to seal God's salvation. Some pastors who are born again also cheat and I don't agree with you that it's the influence of a demon. The most important is to work on self control.

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Mide3367: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:
I just forgive my gf after I caught her cheating and she admitted all her wrongs
ha shocked... My brother repent from simphood biko. It kills
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Greeland(m): 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Only Jesus can change such people if they are willing to give him a chance. The real truth is that people don't just change even when some are so eager to change they still find them selves repeating that same behavior over and over. It takes continues soaking of one with the word of God for Christ to do it and when he will do it you will not know. Just that with time you will see that you no longer exhibit such behavior. Not of he that willeth or runneth but of him that showeth mercy. He said in Mathew that "who maketh thee to differ from one another, what is it that you have that you did not receive if you did receive then why boast though as if you did not receive. He is the master programmer.

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by AfroKnight: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Men, yes.

Women, no.

Generally speaking.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by fortune1968: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Forgive a cheating lady and prepare your coffin because you will soon die of heartbreak . They NEVER change . NEVER give a second chance except you just want dey fvk go but not serious relationship . Buy then STDs may be your downfall !
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by songzDaniel01(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:
grin .. Oponu
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Seyzcham91(m): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yes we change and either you give us another chance or not Me still Move undecided
2extremes:
Kindly share your thoughts on the above topic. In a relationship, should a cheat be given another chance? Do they ever change?
You can also share your experience after catching or being caught cheating? Did you change after?
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by HisMajesty1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fiscus105:
For men forget
Lol... For women nko?
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by LandMann: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:

Premium tears loading for you boss grin grin
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by mayor10(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
ACE1010:
A cheat is like a Cameroon...he or she only changes his or her skin and behaviour. Never take back a cheat.
, I repeat never take back a cheat!! cry cry

A what
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
2extremes:
Kindly share your thoughts on the above topic. In a relationship, should a cheat be given another chance? Do they ever change?
You can also share your experience after catching or being caught cheating? Did you change after?

Can you eat your vomit?
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
2extremes:
Even the bible mentioned adultery (cheating involving a married person ) as the only base for divorce.
A woman who cheats can kill the husband and I sincerely believe that few peeps who cheat for no reason can change. Even beyond that,the lack of trust that follows giving a cheat a second chance can also destroy the relationship.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Londonused: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:

Are you fr? Mine confessed to me and has been begging, I didn’t even know.

But bro, I don’t want to take that risk ! And I would mostly be paranoid about things

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by bepositive11: 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:

Cheating is often a symptom of an underlying issue. If you haven't identified and addressed it, it's likely that she may cheat again. She may not even truly love you, but you know her better than I do. Either way, be careful. Don't end up with STDs or raising another man's child.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:
it will end in premium tears quote me in 2022
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by praiseneo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
songzDaniel01:
grin .. Oponu
abi
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
habsydiamond:
In a relationship, the only thing u can do to a cheat is to forgive and let go..... If u forgive and accept such person don't be surprise that such act can repeat it such.. It's not different from a lady saying she will change a drunkard... E no possible mehn... Only God changes people
Change a drunkard? grin grin
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Charly68: 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ask Mr Thomas when you see him.. a woman that cheats on you can never be loyal ..
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by southsouthking(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:

You are standing on a long thing, am not a prophet but i prophesied she's going to cheat again with another man, this time your heart will shift from position.
You already gave her the change to call you Mugu inwardly

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Tkidex(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
No pls they shouldnt be given,becos dis xame topic is in line wit d main reason why i broke up with my girlfrnd a day b4 yesterday for i have given her multiple chance,pls 4 those giving it a second thought kindly distance ur self frm people lyk dat in order to save ur lyf 4rm suicide and depression and move u quietly with ur future and dreams,just pray and hope 4 GOD to direct ur faithful partner to u at d right time embarassedNo pls they shouldnt be given,becos dis xame topic is in line wit d main reason why i broke up with my girlfrnd a day b4 yesterday for i have given her multiple chance,pls 4 those giving it a second thought kindly distance ur self frm people lyk dat in order to save ur lyf 4rm suicide and depression and move u quietly with ur future and dreams,just pray and hope 4 GOD to direct ur faithful partner to u at d right time

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Synord:

IT DEPENDS

This topic is tricky and it is safe to say forgiving a cheat determines on certain circumstances and the peculiar scenario in which the cheating occurred .

There’s no reasonable excuse for cheating . As such , i will not delve into the logicality or excuses a cheater might come up with no matter how logical or reasonable such excuse might sound .

However, there are two major elements to know if a cheat will do better

1) Remorse
2) Efforts

There are so many things you can do to see if they are truly remorse . Most cheaters that apologize are only remorseful they are caught and not because they cheated .

One of the ways to know remorse at times is if the cheater confesses by his or her volition . They come to tell you they cheated and pour out their mind . This shows that their conscience is dealing with them and they can no longer cope . Most of these people are remorseful and realize that they have made a mistake .

You can ask them to do certain things like cutting off the person they cheated with , confessing their cheating act to another person that can hold them accountable or even seeing a therapist or counselor and they will gladly do it .

2) Efforts

If he or she does show efforts to do better , they will most likely cheat . If you react to things they do and they constantly say “ is it because I cheated “, they will most likely cheat “.

Genuine efforts to do better include seeing a therapist , cutting off bad friends or influence, spending more time with you , being more spiritual , talking about temptations with you etc .

If this two elements are seen , then it is better to forgive . No one is perfect . Forgiving doesn’t mean continuing a relationship , it is starting an entirely new relationship . The trust must be built from the scratch.

It is hard but it’s not impossible .

God help all our relationships and marriages Z amen
Sir, you just described what transpired between me and my fiancee. She cheated on me with a married man old enough to be her father in a faraway city. They were having sex together for about one year while she was telling me the elderly man was her spiritual father. She confessed willingly by herself and I forgive her because I think she was remorseful. The two factors/steps you explain above are glaring in her life.
praiseneo:
I also forgive her but it's not easy. I remember it everyday. But I can't throw the baby away with the water. She has surrendered her life to me.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by MightySparrow: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Don't allow any cheat on sheet to give you shit
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by legallyminded: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Even the post is biased, are trying to say most cheats are men?
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Akasammyoka: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Cheaters are not APC members, so they dont change or preach change

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Akasammyoka: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
DamZik:
Sir, you just described what transpired between me and my fiancee. She cheated on me with a married man old enough to be her father in a faraway city. They were having sex together for about one year while she was telling me the elderly man was her spiritual father. She confessed willingly by herself and I forgive her because I think she was remorseful. The two factors/steps you explain above are glaring in her life.
I also forgive her but it's not easy. I remember it everyday. But I can't throw the baby away with the water. She has surrendered her life to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by okk4sure: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
bepositive11:

Cheating is often a symptom of an underlying issue. If you haven't identified and addressed it, it's likely that she may cheat again. She may not even truly love you, but you know her better than I do. Either way, be careful. Don't end up with STDs or raising another man's child.

Dats deep!1 of my friends cheated on his wife wt his neighour wife in a face me and face u apartment.He later confessed to us abt d whole scenario,shows remorse and promised to change bt d problems still persist bcs he keep seeing d woman everybday and he just cudnt control himsef weneva he his wt d woman and wt litu chance dey get,dey are on again.We ask him to leave d house bt his wife insisted dat d house is nearer to her place of work and its from dt house dey are moving into dia own apartment and he can not relate d trut abt d whole matter to his wife bcs hell will let loose on dat day.He is really regretting his actions....

2 Likes

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
AntiWailer:
No they dont.

They will only devise smarter means of not being caught.

That is why when they are crying , they are always particular about how u knew.

A cheat will always be a cheat. You can choose to live with it but don't be deceived that they will ever change.

Nothing can change it, a lady once brought her BF's car to come and fck my Corper friend when i was serving.

if u like steal for them.

I don't understand your last statement

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Realhommie(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
praiseneo:
What if she wasn't caught?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How A Lady Is Making Love With A Dog- See Photos / Marriage Mistakes Women Make That Lead To Divorce. / My 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Wants Abortion, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.