Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? (21327 Views)

Can Some Men Ever Change? / Do Cheating Partners Ever Change? / Can Ladies Ever Change Their Ways?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
chrysora:
No One is perfect...in fact the sweetness of love wen d person cheats nd accepts sincerely dat he or she cheated nd sincerely beg for forgiveness.....everyone human cheats against God bt he keeps loving.....bt honestly, a perfect relationship is so boring...imaging he doesn't cheat, he is caring, understanding etc...OMO

You are one honest lady

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Hotbutt(f): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
I travelled to Delta State to treat a patient and while there, a couple started fighting. Apparently the husband was caught cheating on the wife with a maid. It was a bloody fight.

I then asked the old man I was treating that
"Oga, why is it that Men like cheating"?
Do u know what this old man said?...well he was like...

"As far as Ogogoro no dey kill Itshekiriri Man
Na so E go be that Man must to Cheat"...

And he continued what he was doing....

I almost fainted angry

2 Likes

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

it will end in premium tears quote me in 2022

2022 is too far na. February 14th is even much better

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Happy2020: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Whether they change or not. When the trust and loyalty are broken, it’s over for me.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by McEphiks(m): 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
To me its a personal decision depending on how an individual can handle such situation. For me, it's a no-no-no.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by wildikeman(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
CAPITAL NO!!! ONCE A CHEAT ALWAYS A CHEAT

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Laideabdulahi: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Synord:

IT DEPENDS

This topic is tricky and it is safe to say forgiving a cheat determines on certain circumstances and the peculiar scenario in which the cheating occurred .

There’s no reasonable excuse for cheating . As such , i will not delve into the logicality or excuses a cheater might come up with no matter how logical or reasonable such excuse might sound .

However, there are two major elements to know if a cheat will do better

1) Remorse
2) Efforts

There are so many things you can do to see if they are truly remorse . Most cheaters that apologize are only remorseful they are caught and not because they cheated .

One of the ways to know remorse at times is if the cheater confesses by his or her volition . They come to tell you they cheated and pour out their mind . This shows that their conscience is dealing with them and they can no longer cope . Most of these people are remorseful and realize that they have made a mistake .

You can ask them to do certain things like cutting off the person they cheated with , confessing their cheating act to another person that can hold them accountable or even seeing a therapist or counselor and they will gladly do it .

2) Efforts

If he or she does show efforts to do better , they will most likely cheat . If you react to things they do and they constantly say “ is it because I cheated “, they will most likely cheat “.

Genuine efforts to do better include seeing a therapist , cutting off bad friends or influence, spending more time with you , being more spiritual , talking about temptations with you etc .

If this two elements are seen , then it is better to forgive . No one is perfect . Forgiving doesn’t mean continuing a relationship , it is starting an entirely new relationship . The trust must be built from the scratch.

It is hard but it’s not impossible .

God help all our relationships and marriages Z amen

This guy has said it all.
just the POINT.

i have friends who married their partners that once cheated on them. i can count 4 years and 12 years of marriage successfully with kids in both marriages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by habsydiamond(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
CamusMidas:

Change a drunkard? grin grin
the believe of some girls concerning changing of people is out of this world.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by LEXYLOV: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
jaxxy:
Depends on the kind of cheat. One off or serial cheat. Serial cheats hardly changed until Smtn major wakes them up and forces them to change. Nobody changes just because u want them to change they do so when they are ready or tired.
One of the best answer so far. Anyone can actually changed. Even armed robbers, cheaters, kidnappers, petty thieves etc. They will do so once they have hit the rock or tired and want some new life differently.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Noblewealth(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
A leech will continue to be a leech. nothing can change it. just be Discern abt the nature and act of the one you are willing to leave your life with or you sign your death warrant...
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by yinkaOdutuyo: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Am a man, I have never cheated in any of my relationships.

If you cheat you go, no explanations, no begging or 2nd chance you must go.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by olmoRoc: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
They don't, and they shouldn't.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Josywhyte: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Everyone has cheated in one way or the other. Nobody is a saint. We've all cheated and cheated on. But change is constant sha!
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Coinbased: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
I won’t change I love hoesssss

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Cousin9999: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Depends on the circumstances. It's not as black and white of an issue as we like to think.

But I can respect when it doesn't matter and someone just wants to end the relationship.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Cousin9999: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
You know what's interesting? There's a lot of people cheating and their partner will likely never know or suspect it. And some people basically know the partner cheats, but they look the other way.

But so many people object to polygamy.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by vickydevoka(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why would I cheat when I can masturbate

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Roseey0(f): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Only if God called them.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by AntiWailer: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I don't understand your last statement

i meant stealing for them to be happy wont stop them from cheating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by africandollar: 12:19am On Jan 12, 2021
Yes they do! Especially if convicted by the Holy Spirit and also if they confessed to their partners without being first caught in the act.

Believe me, if a guy or girl could come to you outright as his/her partner that see I f**ked up, can you please forgive me 'cos I have made up my mind to change? Waste no time in taking such back because the world is full of cheats out there who pose as decent people, what it lacks are truly repentant people. The act of being open to you alone is enough to make that person turn a new leaf knowing he/her is now accountable to you.

No one is perfect and you could have acted even worse if put in similar situation the cheat finds his or herself.

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 12, 2021
praiseneo:
I just forgive my gf after I caught her cheating and she admitted all her wrongs
I love her sincerely and I’d help her with her flaws.
be ready to forgive her again and again.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Offpoint1: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2021
Nuttella:
They will not change until they give their life to Christ, they need to be free from the demon manipulating them, any man that is a womanizer cannot change because he is acting under the influence of a demon.
Lol, human will never take responsibility for their actions, always looking for imaginary demon to put their actions. Same way Eve shifted blame to serpent and Adam to eve.

No demon is responsible for human actions, we are capable of all evils ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, human will never take responsibility for their actions, always looking for imaginary demon to put their actions. Same way Eve shifted blame to serpent and Adam to eve.

No demon is responsible for human actions, we are capable of all evils ourselves.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep well at night.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by harmony75: 9:00am On Jan 12, 2021
MasterRahl:
angry

It is a knotty issue. My landlord is a rich man... very rich. A very friendly and social man he is. He recently bought a lexus for his wife...and places madam on N50k monthly allowance (according to their Nephew who lives with them). Food money and money to fuel her car is different. But Oga also has some girls outside. Almost everyone around knows this. Personally, it was one of the girls who showed me her WhatsApp chat with Oga. However, I can't tell if madam knows.

Assuming madam sees Oga with one of these girls, do you think she should forgive him?

the wife already knows whom she married the car is for her not to vex from all his promiscuous nature.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Offpoint1: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nuttella:
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep well at night.
Keep deceiving yourself, don't take responsibility for your wrong doings.... shift it to the devil like your ancestor did.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Keep deceiving yourself, don't take responsibility for your wrong doings.... shift it to the devil like your ancestor did.
Your username precedes you so I am not surprise you are talking offpoint.
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Offpoint1: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nuttella:
Your username precedes you so I am not surprise you are talking offpoint.
Have a nice day ma
Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Jefferic(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving him/her the second bullet, since he/she missed the first shot.

1 Like

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Chiquitq(f): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
I haven't read your post but I read the title.

Here is what I know for a fact...

Cheaters do not change. It is a mindset and it takes great conviction to stop.

If you have a bear death experience, you feel so grateful to be saved and think in that moment that you would worship God forever and never sin again but it is hormonal. After a while, despite coming face to face with death, you would still son and forget how you were saved maybe with just a little more conscience pricking than before.

What am I saying in essence? A cheater would only stop of they wanted to. If they encountered an evil spirit or scammer or ghost while cheating, they would be shocked but would soon get over it. It's like a bad habit.

I speak from a sociological stand point.

3 Likes

Re: Do Cheats Ever Change? Should They Be Given Another Chance? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Never ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How A Lady Is Making Love With A Dog- See Photos / Marriage Mistakes Women Make That Lead To Divorce. / My 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Wants Abortion, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.