Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72114 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Shine86: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Pls @op help me find out from the woman if she had undergone transfusion within the period she carried out those investigations.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Eminado1: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Maybe she claimed AA by faith, that's why she needed 7 tests, focusing on the ones that support her believe.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
was it the same place she did the last test that she put to bed? if yes, thennthe hospital is fraud n should be held accountable.
that's how i judge my own n i have seen where a woman's baby boy was almost change at the university of Portharcourt teaching hospital by the midwives n nurses on duty that day..perhaps where your sister or neighbour put to birth, the hospital people must have change it and gave her a girl child for a family looking for a male son she might have put to bed.
you can't tell me her genotype is AA all this while n suddenly change to AS...

Madam, tell am say na wetin i talk, if na lie, make dem do DNA to prove both paternal and maternal test for the child. .there you will discover more!

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.
There's no neighbour anywhere. How can you ascertain to such high degree the morality of someone who's just a neighbour?
It's either the lady was desperate or both of them agreed to go ahead nonetheless. Now they're reaping it. 7 tests can never lie.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Shine86: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
thundafire:
There are still chances of a child having SS even though both parent are AA or AS. The probability is like 1% and the child happened to be part of the 1%
how?

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by chatinent: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
So, you are now your neighbor?

So bad everyone wants sth bad to happen to their neighbors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by flokii: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
I don't think it's possible medically for genotype to change. she was confirmed AA in lab and even during antenatal. So how comes her new result reads AS.

Are you sure her village people are not playing pranks with her blood vessels?

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by JooEeL(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.

Lol. The guy na likely the husband. Who him wan deh whine?

6 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by richie240: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
Possibilities:
1. Error in d 2 previous diagnosis; prolly she has always bn AS.
2. Her village ppl have reasoned her matter, hence d sudden change in her genotype
3. The latest genotype which confirmed her as AS could be a ruse. She could've arranged it with d doctor/lab attendant, to give credence to her daughter bn AS so as to save face.
4. She could've lied all along about her AA status so as not to lose d man
5. Baby couldve bn switched at birth!

Way out:
DNA TEST!
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by KaptainAfrika: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
1. She is AS...She lied.

or

2. She stole the child...AA and AA can't give AS, talk less of SS.

Desperation to marry...

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Shine86: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
optimusprime2:
Since alot of things in this story sound curious already, amongst other tests and analytics,

Paternity test is required...

not necessary
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by juman(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
The mother lied about her genotype test results before.
She was blinded by love.

That is the only reasonable explanation.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Viking007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Considering how mistakes happen here, its not out of place.
It is very out of place. You should know this.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by harmony75: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hmmmmmm this is terrible ehnehn so all the 7labs were own by village people � pls and pls no one is a fool o the woman is not straight forward she knew she was As but choose to believe lie from the village people's lab or she's either a very dull person. so sad this little girl will suffer naw �
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BrutusOj(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It's not impossible. He could be SS. With all the details, it's likely his wife. He is not being sincere somewhere in this story. Is the child really his?
mtcheew....
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by hayesconcept(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hepatitis can clear in its own within 6 months if you get strong immune system. May be during that time yours cleared. The reason why you later tested negative
slimanyd:

You are right bro, That's how 2 private labs tested me to have Hyperthetis , but on getting to UCH for confirmation, The results came out negative on 2 different occassions o. Can't count how much I wasted on those 2 text to ascertain the 2 private lab test that came out positive. Had to run even inner Hyperthetis Test sef , And bam , The 3rd one came out negative, Na so ,I rush go take Immunization straight away o as instructed by the doctor.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by rattyo3: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
If that's the case as explained, something is fishy.
The blood test after the birth can be a cover-up for the woman's atrocities.

The child is not of that man, he should go for paternity test. It's cheaper compared to DNA test.

pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by thatigboman: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Caaz:
Maybe her kid was interchanged at birth or something.
did u read the story at all?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by confidential20: 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
All these ones up there blaming the woman, you need to stop that. The OP is right. I work in a military hospital and I can categorically tell you that the scenario the OP posted happens here too. It is not only common to Genotype test. Also, it is not an issue of a mistake from the lab scientists as well.

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by wunmi590(m): 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago.

God bless you for this your statement.

My wife only did once and during her antenatal she did it again, and it was confirmed she's AA. While I'm AS long time ago

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by shekauvsbuhari: 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
You need to hear from laboratory practitioners before you jump into conclusions and castigate an innocent person OK. My wife is a laboratory practitioner and informed me how tedious it used to be with certain AS blood sample and how it always show as AA.

Besides, I reported that even twice during antenatal in a government hospital, her results came as AA. So is it her fault?
no its the fault oof her village people blowing whistle with her life.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by LoveJesus87(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
optimusprime2:
Since alot of things in this story sound curious already, amongst other tests and analytics,

my brother, you are the only wise man have seen in this thread so far..
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by esiri4jesu(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sure the child was not switch after birth in the delivery room. They should go for DNA.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by faste: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
optimusprime2:

You just nailed it!

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by wisdomissafe: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
She knew she was AS. WHY ELSE WILL SHE BE HAVING MULTIPLE TEST?

SHE KNEW......

CASE CLOSED.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BRATISLAVA: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
BrutusOj:
mtcheew....

Hard to believe?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Reelmii: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cutiekatty:

Genotype generally remains constant from one environment to another, although occasional spontaneous mutations may occur which cause it to change. However, when the same genotype is subjected to different environments, it can produce a wide range of phenotypes.

in all this English that u have spoken,, wat is ur point

Are u saying it is possible for a genotype to be done almost 10times before the child was born to change after the child was born

Note, 7 different lab test was carried out
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by thatigboman: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

u do u know ur genotype by urself? Is it mot in a lab that they will do test and tell u?
Lab confirmed her AA, then SS, then AS. It is the labs that are at fault, not her
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Bimpe29: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
You have properly hit the nail on the head.
Winneygirl:

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Srallens(m): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.
. What other explanation are you really looking for please? You have successfully defended everything that was said to indict the lady as regard being aware or lying about her genotype. The best to do is to go online and make your research since you really want to know more. Only extensive research can satisfy your knowledge and not just a comment of few sentences

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Viking007(m): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Abeg we don't fall sick, where did you hear that from, I've not used any drugs or injection for years and I'm AA.
You might want to confirm your genotype or you're just extremely lucky. I am AA and I fall sick like every 6 months.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.