Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6251 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now you made that second one up! Where in all I have said so far did you get the second one from? undecided

I think I have more than made it clear that I am not of the "The Bible is Holy" crowd. I receive all my guidance from the Word of God, not from what you call scripture and I am certainly not limited to what you call scripture either. undecided
Can two walk together except they agree?

The whole Scripture has made my life profitable both to myself and to others!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Okay
1. Marry an atheist!
2. Submit to his rule
3. Don't complain when
a. Any of your children become an atheist
b. Satan visits your home

Are you okay now?
It has nothing to do with me. I don't share your fears there! undecided

Just don't broadcast your issues as if they have anything to do with God and the things of God, is what. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
Can two walk together except they agree?
In the real world, yes!
shadeyinka:
The whole Scripture has made my life profitable both to myself and to others!
The Pharisees also made the same claims but we know what Jesus Christ said of them and their beliefs. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Just don't broadcast your issues as if they have anything to do with God and the things of God, is what. undecided
I am sure that Jesus didn't command anyone of us to get higher education.
Jesus didn't speak on Hygiene
Jesus didn't speak on drug use

Therefore, since He hasn't said anything concerning them, there shouldn't be rules for and against them.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Okay
1. ALL true Christian women are encouraged to Marry atheists!
2. Submit to his rule
3. Don't complain when
a. Any of your children become an atheist
b. Satan visits your home

Are you okay now?

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by bukatyne(f): 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sheunma:
Interesting conversation going on here. From all that's been said, something jumps at me:

Former atheists, like Buda and Kobo, who are now "christians" seem to have a different, somewhat philosophical interpretation of the scriptures from "mainstream" christians, like Shade.

The majority of christians, including members of JW like Max, would find the position of Shade and Max agreeable- No "true christian"( whatever that means) would marry an atheist. I might be wrong but it takes a christian who has passed through the eye of athiesm or at least agnosicm to even entertain the thought.

So my quandary remains why is former athiests idea of christianity different from other christians?

Anyone?

How/why did the former atheists become Christians?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I am sure that Jesus didn't command anyone of us to get higher education.
Jesus didn't speak on Hygiene
Jesus didn't speak on drug use

Therefore, since He hasn't said anything concerning them, there shouldn't be rules for and against them.
He left all that up to the individuals to decide of their own. Your decisions however should not be presented in the view of God since God said nothing of it or else you become guilty of propagating doctrines and traditions of men, lies, in the name of God, which Jesus Christ commanded you against doing. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In the real world, yes!
The Pharisees also made the same claims but we know what Jesus Christ said of them and their beliefs. undecided
Then by their FRUIT ye shall know them. This is the conclusion!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
Then by their FRUIT ye shall know them. This is the conclusion!
What fruit? The fruit of that which is of this world? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He left all that up to the individuals to decide of their own. Your decisions however should not be presented in the view of God since God said nothing of it or else you become guilty of propagating doctrines and traditions of men, lies, in the name of God, which Jesus Christ commanded you against doing. undecided
It's a free world.

Such a person who takes liberty in taking hard drugs will reap what he has sowed. A person who despises Hygiene will also reap what he has shown.

Let each one sow according to wisdom for in due time, they will reap what they have planted
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
It's a free world.
Such a person who takes liberty in taking hard drugs will reap what he has sowed. A person who despises Hygiene will also reap what he has shown.
Let each one sow according to wisdom for in due time, they will reap what they have planted
Well, Jesus Christ no send you go monitor wetin others dey "sow" for their own backyard though. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by bukatyne(f): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Una doe!

I take a bow at page five.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

The Scripture is very clear on this. If a Believing wife finds herself married to an atheist for instance.
1. She should not seek for divorce
2. She must obey him as unto Christ except she is commanded to commit a sin against God.
3. The only reason for divorce is if the Atheist cannot go on with the marriage.

1Cor 7:12-13:
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother has a wife that believes not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him."

But here you are talking about how there can't be peace because the atheist has a different set of principles. You even said you blame the woman. What kind of talk is that? What is wrong in living in peace with someone who doesn't share your beliefs? Why must you bring your toxic fanaticism into it?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What fruit? The fruit of that which is of this world? undecided
Mat 7:16:
"You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, Jesus Christ no send you go monitor wetin others dey "sow" for their own backyard though. undecided
It's not my job
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Mat 7:16:
"You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"
When correctly considered in context, that verse there is a warning against false prophets. undecided

Matthew 7 vs 15- 23(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Be careful of false prophets. They come to you and look gentle like sheep. But they are really dangerous like wolves.
16. You will know these people because of what they do. Good things don’t come from people who are bad, just as grapes don’t come from thornbushes, and figs don’t come from thorny weeds.
17. In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, and bad trees produce bad fruit.
18. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.
19. Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20. You will know these false people by what they do.[a]

21. “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22. On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’
23. Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’
... whose fruits are nothing but lies and unrighteousness.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Jesus Christ warned against adopting their doctrines and traditions too as they lead to lies and unrighteousness - nullifying of the Power of God rendering worship meaningless to God
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

But here you are talking about how there can't be peace because the atheist has a different set of principles. You even said you blame the woman. What kind of talk is that? What is wrong in living in peace with someone who doesn't share your beliefs? Why must you bring your toxic fanaticism into it?
I've not said anything different.

A true Christian who chooses to marry an atheist is a big fat fool as she thinks she's above the level of humanity.
What happens if she dies after giving birth to three children for her husband?. What is the probability that the children will know God. ?

It's like a pastor who allows a woman to touch him inappropriately in the name of spirituality. Such a pastor is a big fat fool.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When correctly considered in context, that verse there is a warning against false prophets. undecided
... whose fruits are nothing but lies and unrighteousness.

** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Jesus Christ warned against adopting their doctrines and traditions too as they lead to lies and unrighteousness - nullifying of the Power of God rendering worship meaningless to God
Both of us are like Prophets: by our fruit, we are known.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
Both of us are like the Prophets: by our fruit, we are known.
Sure! undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I've not said anything different.

A true Christian who chooses to marry an atheist is a big fat fool as she thinks she's above the level of humanity.
What happens if she dies after giving birth to three children for her husband?. What is the probability that the children will know God. ?

It's like a pastor who allows a woman to touch him inappropriately in the name of spirituality. Such a pastor is a big fat fool.

You already quoted bible verses which made it clear that a believer who is married to an unbeliever should try as much as possible to tolerate and live in harmony with their spouse.

But no, you wouldn't have any of it and have taken sadistic delight in trying to upset the op by continually using all sorts of abusive names to belittle the wife.

are you a true Christian yourself? From your replies it's difficult to see you as one

What happens if he converts to christianity tomorrow and even end up as a pastor?

How would you then describe the wife?

One of my friends who is late now, was an atheist before he got married. But he ended up as a pastor through the influence of the wife.

His case is not unique. Look around and you will find the same .

Maybe you are God and case see till the end of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
triplechoice:

are you a true Christian yourself? From your replies it's difficult to see you as one.

By his fruits you do know him.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

By his fruits you do know him.

I doubt if he is married. What kind of woman would tolerate such an abusive character

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
triplechoice:

You already quoted bible verses which made it clear that a believer who is married to an unbeliever should try as much as possible to tolerate and live in harmony with their spouse.

But no, you wouldn't have any of it and have taken sadistic delight in trying to upset the op by continually using all sorts of abusive names to belittle the wife.

are you a true Christian yourself? From your replies it's difficult to see you as one

What happens if he converts to christianity tomorrow and even end up as a pastor?

How would you then describe the wife?

One of my friends who is late now, was an atheist before he got married. But he ended up as a pastor through the influence of the wife.

His case is not unique. Look around and you will find the same .

Maybe you are God and case see till the end of time

I think you should have answered the question:

What happens if she (Christian wife) dies after giving birth to three children for her husband?. What is the probability that the children will know God. ?

Is this an impossible situation?

We have seen the dissaster wh
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
triplechoice:

I doubt if he is married. What kind of woman would tolerate such an abusive character

An abusive self-righteous non-reflecting character who claims to have Christ in his life but is deaf and blind to all things Christ.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

What happens if she (Christian wife) dies after giving birth to three children for her husband?. What is the probability that the children will know God. ?

You fail to see that that her atheist husband knows God more than you do!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Your question is not well thought out . If you knew that not every Christian today is from a Christian home, then you wouldn't have asked it in the first place.

My father was an atheist while my mum a Christian. But today all my siblings excepting me are Christians .

You're just telescoping into the future and seeing things that may not happen.

Why is it difficult to see that he can become a Christian tomorrow? or have you not seen an atheist who later became a Christian.

Why the negative imagining?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

You fail to see that that her atheist husband knows God more than you do!
I see!
One who disbelieves in God knows God!??

What a contradiction!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I see!
One who disbelieves in God knows God!??

What a contradiction!

Perhaps I better let Christ inform you of the orangutan, again, because you continue to fail to understand how unbelieving the pagan samaritan was.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
triplechoice:

Your question is not well thought out . If you knew that not every Christian today is from a Christian home, then you wouldn't have asked it in the first place.

My father was an atheist while my mum a Christian. But today all my siblings excepting me are Christians .

You're just telescoping into the future and seeing things that may not happen.

Why is it difficult to see that he can become a Christian tomorrow? or have you not seen an atheist who later became a Christian.

Why the negative imagining?
The fact that you are an atheist is a direct consequence of the action of your mum.

You seem not to understand may take on this:
1. A woman who is already married to an atheist should not seek divorce. She should make the best out of her situation.
2. Such a Christian woman must obey her husband as unto Christ
3. A single Christian should not marry an atheist because not human being has the power to convert any man AND you cannot stop the Atheist husband having a negative spiritual influence over your children. It is not impossible that the woman herself stopped believing in God.

Numbers 1 and 2 is Scripturally based. Number 3 is common sense. A needless risk to bear!

My dear triplechoice, you are a good example of why the common sense in three is real
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

Perhaps I better let Christ inform you of the orangutan, again, because you continue to fail to understand how unbelieving the pagan samaritan was.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7

Loving my neighbor as myself is not the same as marrying an atheist.

I can have an atheist friend
I can have an atheist business partner
I can have an atheist tenant

But I CANNOT marry an atheist!
QED!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

The fact that you are an atheist is a direct consequence of the action of your mum.

You seem not to understand may take on this:
1. A woman who is already married to an atheist should not seek divorce. She should make the best out of her situation.
2. Such a Christian woman must obey her husband as unto Christ
3. A single Christian should not marry an atheist because not human being has the power to convert any man AND you cannot stop the Atheist husband having a negative spiritual influence over your children. It is not impossible that the woman herself stopped believing in God.

Numbers 1 and 2 is Scripturally based. Number 3 is common sense. A needless risk to bear!

My dear triplechoice, you are a good example of why the common sense in three is real
Clarification : Jesus Christ never taught that His folowers, even the female ones, bow to/obey any man/woman as they would their one and only Master. Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Loving my neighbor as myself is not the same as marrying an atheist.

I can have an atheist friend
I can have an atheist business partner
I can have an atheist tenant

But I CANNOT marry an atheist!
QED!

I don't think an atheist would marry you and any follower of Christ who does would be led astray by you. But I'll let others come tell you about your fruits instead of letting you waste my precious time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Where Is The Torah And Injil? / Suggest A Gospel Song For Wedding Reception / Crossover Night: CAN Directs Churches To Operate At 50% Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.