Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6253 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by orunto27: 4:40am On Mar 21, 2021
You think you are clever and smart, God, The same God, you don't know, is watching you.

God is very abundant in excellent intelligence.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, Peter had little faith. Faith, which rightly results from our trust and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ is what Peter was lacking. undecided
In this case, Peter did not trust in Jesus Christ's teachings and so, he had little faith. It was not that His faith failed. It was that he did not have enough faith. Conversely, one can say Peter did not trust in the teachings of Jesus Christ and so he did not have faith enough. undecided
Peter didn't sink immediately he jumped onto the sea! He walked!
Mat 14:29:
"And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus."

Then, he was distracted by the waves of the sea.
Mat 14:30:
"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."

Why was the second man ever to walk on water thereafter began to sink?

Kobojunkie:

Were Seth and other children of Adam not considered Man? undecided
Adam was obviously created as a Son to God and in God's image.

How come it isn't automatic to be a son/child of God except through Christ?

Kobojunkie:

Obviously, I don't share Paul's opinion on this is what I meant.
Instead, I was once a slave to sin but I chose to accept(trust) and obey the teachings(Truth) of Jesus Christ(Truth) and was set free as a result of knowing Him i.e. And I knew the Truth and the Truth set me free. (John cool undecided
That is bad! Do you also have aversion to Peter, James, John, Luke's Act of the Apostles and Hebrew?

I can't come down to your state.

Kobojunkie:

One first has to be bound to the Law in order to be of sin. Unbelievers were already judged guilty and condemned to Death(condemnation of sin)and so were not under any Law for them to repent in order to be saved. Instead, what an unbeliever ought to do is believe to be saved from the condemnation of sin(Death), then such a one becomes bound to the Law which is the New Covenant by which Sin is defined. undecided
It's like saying that a British man is not bound to the Nigerian laws because he is not a Nigerian yet living in Nigeria.

Unbelievers are already judged to the Second Death!

Kobojunkie:

A believer who sins, however, you can preach repentance to since such a one is previously bound to a Law that defines sin, the New Covenant Law. undecided
My position is not weird at all. It is the simplest and what is given us all by Jesus Christ Himself.undecided
A sinner repents in his coming to Christ.
Your position is weird. In reinventing the wheel, you have slipped into many errors.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And Jesus Christ has told you that your teaching is in vain if God is not the one guiding it by His very Spirit.

Remember that there are over 2000,000,000 people in the world today who believe themselves Christians but the Light of Jesus Christ that is supposed to shine as a result of that is nowhere to be seen still. Why? Because many of them are indoctrinated in lies instead.undecided
I believe it is easier to go from Nothing to receiving the Truth of God, than to be submerged in lies, and expected to find Truth through all of that. undecided
The Christian owes you nothing is what.
Marriage is done in the physical. and it is done right even by those who are unbelievers and the pagans too. undecided
So throw away that lie that in order to have a good marriage, you have to have God and all the other lies you have been fed by your false teachers and prophets. Some of the best married couples I know of have nothing to do with God. undecided
Why did God create the institution of Marriage?

Two unbelievers can have excellently beautiful marriage. Why?
They have the same godless purpose! They don't have to worry about teaching their Children about God so that each can personally know Him by themselves. The family is condemned already for the second death. They probably don't care one bit about eternity.

In the case of the marriage of Light and Darkness. One cares about her life in eternity, the other doesn't care one bit. The children are torn in-between Light and Darkness. Only a foolish, stupid or false Christian will knowingly walk herself down this path
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 9:58am On Mar 21, 2021
[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&version=KJV]Christ taught[/url], Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof, but some supposed obedient Christian is more worried about some eternity!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:
[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&version=KJV]Christ taught[/url], Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof, but some supposed obedient Christian is more worried about some eternity!
Hmmm. but having eternity at heart will always keep you in check as christians
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:16am On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Why did God create the institution of Marriage?

Two unbelievers can have excellently beautiful marriage. Why?
They have the same godless purpose! They don't have to worry about teaching their Children about God so that each can personally know Him by themselves. The family is condemned already for the second death. They probably don't care one bit about eternity.

In the case of the marriage of Light and Darkness. One cares about her life in eternity, the other doesn't care one bit. The children are torn in-between Light and Darkness. Only a foolish, stupid or false Christian will knowingly walk herself down this path

When God created marriage, he never said anything about two believers and the lot you have there.

Adam and Eve, the very first married couple where both condemned sinners in their marriage. Did God raise hell about it?

You marriage was created for this world and ends in this world like every other relationship you have there with people around you. So stop trying to present them as something they at not..that which does not belong in this world and this world alone. undecided

Forget the lies you have been told..there is no "reunion" with loved ones after here in Heaven because the meaning of your relationships end here on earth. In Heaven what matters are those who do the Will of God. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When God created marriage, he never said anything about two believers and the lot you have there.

Adam and Eve, the very first married couple where both condemned sinners in their marriage. Did God raise hell about it?

You marriage was created for this world and ends in this world like every other relationship you have there with people around you. So stop trying to present them as something they at not..that which does not belong in this world and this world alone. undecided

Forget the lies you have been told..there is no "reunion" with loved ones after here in Heaven because the meaning of your relationships end here on earth. In Heaven what matters are those who do the Will of God. undecided

Mal 2:15:
"And did not he (God) make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And why one? That he (God) might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth."
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Mal 2:15:
"And did not he (God) make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And why one? That he (God) might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth."
That, again, was for the Israelites, of which you are not.
You are of the Kingdom of God and in the Kingdom of God, your marriage is of this world and of no meaning in Heaven. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That, again, was for the Israelites, of which you are not.
You are of the Kingdom of God and in the Kingdom of God, your marriage is of this world and of no meaning in Heaven. undecided
I am of God's kingdom. His rule operate over me. I belong to the household of God through His son.

I will produce godly seeds as God gives me the opportunity and grace
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I am of God's kingdom. His rule operate over me. I belong to the household of God through His son.

I will produce godly seeds as God gives me the opportunity and grace
Again. Pay attention!

You are NOT of the Kingdom of Israel so all that applies as far as Israel is Concerned does not apply to you. Your "seeds", if not of the blood of Jacob, are meaninglessness as far as God's plan for His people, Israel, is concerned. Israel is a Kingdom that belongs in this world, so unless you plan on giving up on Heaven to stay down here instead, living in the land of Israel(since that is the only way you can come close to qualifying for God's promise to the People of Israel as told you in Deuteronomy), I suggest again that you learn to stay in your lane.

You are a gentile, and of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God. And in this New Covenant, God seeks Sons, not " seeds". He seeks heirs, not peoples. So, your worldly relationships are meaningless in the Kingdom of God since those that matter in His Kingdom are those who do the Will of the Father. undecided

Jesus Christ through His own example made this known to you when you ignored His own mother and brothers, proclaiming instead that His mother, brother, and sisters are those who obey the Will of His Father in Heaven. undecided
He did not hide this Truth from you when He declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
He provided you the biggest clue when He commanded that you must hate Father, mother, children, wife, etc. for His sake. The Truth of God never hid this Truth from you and it has been Truth for at least 2000 years and nothing to say or declare will change the Truth of God. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again. Pay attention!

You are NOT of the Kingdom of Israel so all that applies as far as Israel is Concerned does not apply to you. Your "seeds", if not of the blood of Jacob, are meaninglessness as far as God's plan for His people, Israel, is concerned. Israel is a Kingdom that belongs in this world, so unless you plan on giving up on Heaven to stay down here instead, living in the land of Israel(since that is the only way you can come close to qualifying for God's promise to the People of Israel as told you in Deuteronomy), I suggest again that you learn to stay in your lane.

You are a gentile, and of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God. And in this New Covenant, God seeks Sons, not " seeds". He seeks heirs, not peoples. So, your worldly relationships are meaningless in the Kingdom of God since those that matter in His Kingdom are those who do the Will of the Father. undecided

Jesus Christ through His own example made this known to you when you ignored His own mother and brothers, proclaiming instead that His mother, brother, and sisters are those who obey the Will of His Father in Heaven. undecided
He did not hide this Truth from you when He declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
He provided you the biggest clue when He commanded that you must hate Father, mother, children, wife, etc. for His sake. The Truth of God never hid this Truth from you and it has been Truth for at least 2000 years and nothing to say or declare will change the Truth of God. undecided
Israel is the olive plant. I have been grafted in

Rom 11:17-18:
"And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you."
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Israel is the olive plant. I have been grafted in

Rom 11:17-18:
"And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you."
You were grafted into the tree called Israel, by whom? Where? undecided

I mean I understand what Paul pretends to say here but where is the evidence of this grafting you speak of, assuming it means you are now a part of the Old covenant, which Jesus Christ and the same Paul warned you against the following of. Only God Himself, the one who bound His people could perform such a grafting sp where?undecided

You do understand that to be Israel, you have to be bound by the Covenant and all that goes with it? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I mean I understand what Paul pretends to say here but where is the evidence of this grafting you speak of, assuming it means you are now a part of the Old covenant, which Jesus Christ and the same Paul warned you against the following of. Only God Himself, the one who bound His people could perform such a grafting sp where?undecided

You do understand that to be Israel, you have to be bound by the Covenant and all that goes with it? undecided
When you alone are your own doctrinal reference.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

When you alone are your own doctrinal reference.
I have no clue what you mean by the above.
As I ask you, where in the Bible does God inform you of this supposed draft which you claim through the person of Paul?
Kobojunkie:

To add, I honestly think that many of you who read from the letters of Paul as if gospel for yourselves don't realiae that you are when you cling to the words of men over the words of God Himself.

Take for instance Paul's claim Abraham was justified by Faith. While Paul is right since according to God Himself, Abraham was blessed because Abraham obeyed God's commandments and two works of righteousness as God stipulated, after all that is what Faith is(obedience of Gods comandments resulting in the doing of works). GENESIS 26 VS 3-5.

Yet many throw out the very core part of what Paul said sp you can cling to fantastical ideas in your heads, and in the name of PAUL.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have no clue what you mean by the above.
As I ask you, where in the Bible does God inform you of this supposed draft which you claim through the person of Paul?

To add, I honestly think that many of you who read from the letters of Paul as if gospel for yourselves don't realiae that you are when you cling to the words of men over the words of God Himself.

Take for instance Paul's claim Abraham was justified by Faith. While Paul is right since according to God Himself, Abraham was blessed because Abraham obeyed God's commandments and two works of righteousness as God stipulated, after all that is what Faith is(obedience of Gods comandments resulting in the doing of works). GENESIS 26 VS 3-5.

Yet many throw out the very core part of what Paul said sp you can cling to fantastical ideas in your heads, and in the name of PAUL.
We differ greatly about throwing out some Scriptures because they don't agree with your opinion.
All Scriptures agree in Harmony!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
lilvicky68:

Hmmm. but having eternity at heart will always keep you in check as christians

Loving your neighbours and your enemies even moreso ought to keep you in check if you are following Christ.

You are being decent, and I can bet you are being rewarded for it right here on earth, but let me know if that's untrue.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
We differ greatly about throwing out some Scriptures because they don't agree with your opinion.
All Scriptures agree in Harmony!
I don't throw out "scripture" ... instead I know what to believe and what to take with a grain of sand in scripture. Here's is what Jesus Christ Himself told you as far as what to feed yourself.

Matthew 4 vs 4 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. But he answered, “It is written,“‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
There, He reminds you that what you should live by is the Word of God, out of God's own mouth, and not the words out of the mouths of men.
We were called to accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself. So that means every word that does not conform to the teachings from God Himself, should not be what we live on.

You claim that all scripture agrees in harmony but you have yet to produce any actual reference of God Himself telling you that you are indeed drafted into the Olive tree called Israel. Why? undecided
Even following the old law of 2 of 3 witnesses as far as the establishment of truth goes, what other scriptural witnesses do you have to substantiate this claim of grafting? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

Loving your neighbours and your enemies even moreso ought to keep you in check if you are following Christ.

You are being decent, and I can bet you are being rewarded for it right here on earth, but let me know if that's untrue.
It's true..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
lilvicky68:

It's true..

Thanks and praises to the Almighty God.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't throw out "scripture" ... instead I know what to believe and what to take with a grain of sand in scripture. Here's is what Jesus Christ Himself told you as far as what to feed yourself.
There, He reminds you that what you should live by is the Word of God, out of God's own mouth, and not the words out of the mouths of men.
We were called to accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself. So that means every word that does not conform to the teachings from God Himself, should not be what we live on.

You claim that all scripture agrees in harmony but you have yet to produce any actual reference of God Himself telling you that you are indeed drafted into the Olive tree called Israel. Why? undecided
Even following the old law of 2 of 3 witnesses as far as the establishment of truth goes, what other scriptural witnesses do you have to substantiate this claim of grafting? undecided

2Tim 3:16-17:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works."

Unlike the Qur'an, the bible Scriptures are not dictated. Human beings wrote them as a chronicle of God's dealings with man for our instruction in righteousness that we may learn from such inspirations.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
Peter didn't sink immediately he jumped onto the sea! He walked!
Mat 14:29:
"And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus."
Then, he was distracted by the waves of the sea.
Mat 14:30:
"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."
Why was the second man ever to walk on water thereafter began to sink?
He did not have enough fuel to power him.
shadeyinka:
Adam was obviously created as a Son to God and in God's image.
How come it isn't automatic to be a son/child of God except through Christ?
Adam was created by God Himself, so obviously that meant He was a Son of God. But to suggest that only Adam was created in the image of God is false.
Those who are born of the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ have become Sons of God as a result of having the Spirit of God inside of them.
shadeyinka:
That is bad! Do you also have aversion to Peter, James, John, Luke's Act of the Apostles and Hebrew?
I can't come down to your state.
I have an aversion for doctrines and traditions of men that does not line up with the truth of God. So, any teaching that does not line up with the very teachings of Jesus Christ(the Truth of God), though it be attributed to any one of His apostles, I consider the same way I would consider the doctrines and teachings of men.
shadeyinka:
It's like saying that a British man is not bound to the Nigerian laws because he is not a Nigerian yet living in Nigeria.
Unbelievers are already judged to the Second Death!
Your position is weird. In reinventing the wheel, you have slipped into many errors.
A British man when in Nigeria is bound by Nigerian laws. But as long as He is not in Nigeria, he is not bound by such Law. In the same way, an unbeliever is not bound by Christ's Laws until he chooses to believe in Jesus Christ, and seizes to be called an "unbeliever".
There is no second death for those who have been condemned to Death by God. Just as there is no second Death for Adam, there is no second Death for all others who followed in his footsteps.
shadeyinka:
There is no re-inventing of the wheels taking place in any of what I have said so far. And feel free to point out the "many errors" you claim to find in what I have said so far.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

How naive can you prove to be!

She believes in life after death. She believes in heaven and hell. She want her children to make heaven.

Now, here you are. You don't believe in life after death. The concept of sin is foreign to you. You'll encourage your children to practice immorality as long as they do it safely and responsibly.

How would you not disagree bitterly on this? If she doesn't mind, then she isn't a Christian Or she is selfish and wicked!

This is one problem with you Abrahamic religious fanatics, you pay lip service to peace but are ready to destroy peace in the name of your god and religious beliefs. Should the wife of this person encounter your type, her mind will get poisoned unnecessarily because of these kinds of unproductive ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

2Tim 3:16-17:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works."

Unlike the Qur'an, the bible Scriptures are not dictated. Human beings wrote them as a chronicle of God's dealings with man for our instruction in righteousness that we may learn from such inspirations.
We have already been through this
shadeyinka:
I do not discriminate with the Scriptures. All Scriptures are for edification, correction, reprove so that we will all grow towards attaining the nature of Christ.
undecided
Kobojunkie:
I beg to differ! I think you do discriminate but you don't even realize that you do.

In the book of Genesis, you are informed of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil, belonging to God - all Knowledge of Good and Evil belongs to God. And if so, it implies that all Knowledge is inspired by God. So, if all knowledge is inspired by God - His Spirit being the only spirit of inspiration, then it means that it is not just what Paul, in his letter, considers scripture(remember the bible you have today had not even been compiled at that time) that is inspired of God and to be used in the way that Paul suggests. undecided
Try to keep up!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I don't think I have ever termed Atheists as being immoral. I may accuse Atheists of having no basis for their morals (which was inherited from the relic of the societal norms and religions).

Why should an 18 year old child practice abstinence instead of safe sex. Is the child hurting anyone? Yes, I believe Atheists may teach modesty even with respect to sexual activities.

Now, I may not judge Atheist couples for teaching their children to reject the so called sky daddy. But I have a problem when an atheist marries a Theist. If they choose to be childless, no problem but when children are brought into the equation, I blame the theist.

Why would a Christian who believes in judgement after death be lackadaisical about what happens to her children after death.

It is difficult for children of Christian couples to attain their salvation (you were probably not born an atheist), how much more when one half of the couple is an atheist.

I don't know if your wife is a Christian. If she is, it will take a chunk of miracle and grace for your children to know God. It is much easier to pull down than to pull up. And to this I say any Christian who knowingly goes into marriage with an atheist is either not born again or reckless or naive.

So she should divorce him? Even your bible said it is OK to be married to an unbeliever if the unbeliever still wants to remain married. But no, fanatics like you want to destroy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We have already been through this
undecided

Try to keep up!
Since on this issue, the conversation is going cyclic, we better end it. I won't shift, neither will you.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
Since on this issue, the conversation is going cyclic, we better end it. I won't shift, neither will you.
Since the beginning of this conversation... I never once shifted my stance. I accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, and it remains the same till the end. grin
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

So she should divorce him? Even your bible said it is OK to be married to an unbeliever if the unbeliever still wants to remain married. But no, fanatics like you want to destroy.
The Scripture is very clear on this. If a Believing wife finds herself married to an atheist for instance.
1. She should not seek for divorce
2. She must obey him as unto Christ except she is commanded to commit a sin against God.
3. The only reason for divorce is if the Atheist cannot go on with the marriage.

1Cor 7:12-13:
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother has a wife that believes not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him."
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

This is one problem with you Abrahamic religious fanatics, you pay lip service to peace but are ready to destroy peace in the name of your god and religious beliefs. Should the wife of this person encounter your type, her mind will get poisoned unnecessarily because of these kinds of unproductive ideas.
What we advocate is that
1. A single Christian must not marry an unbeliever
2. If a Christian woman is ALREADY married to an unbeliever, she cannot divorce him and she must obey him
3. The only exception to 2 is if the unbelieving spouse is the one who seeks divorce.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

What we advocate is that
1. A single Christian must not marry an unbeliever
2. If a Christian woman is ALREADY married to an unbeliever, she cannot divorce him and she must obey him
3. The only exception to 2 is if the unbelieving spouse is the one who seeks divorce.
Be sure to make it clear that these rules of yours have absolutely nothing to do with what God in fact commanded of you but instead are from the doctrines and commandments of men which you subscribe to as a person. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Since the beginning of this conversation... I never once shifted my stance. I accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, and it remains the same till the end. grin
I accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ!
I receive all my guidance from the Scriptures
I do the work assigned by Christ to all his disciples!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ!
I receive all my guidance from the Scriptures
I do the work assigned by Christ to all his disciples!
Now you made that second one up! Where in all I have said so far did you get the second one from? undecided

I think I have more than made it clear that I am not of the "The Bible is Holy" crowd. I receive all my guidance from the Word of God, not from what you call scripture and I am certainly not limited to what you call scripture either. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Be sure to make it clear that these rules of yours have absolutely nothing to do with what God in fact commanded of you but instead are from the doctrines and commandments of men which you subscribe to as a person. undecided
Okay
1. Marry an atheist!
2. Submit to his rule
3. Don't complain when
a. Any of your children become an atheist
b. Satan visits your home

Are you okay now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Suggest A Gospel Song For Wedding Reception / Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian / Bishop David Oyedepo Vs Cristiano Ronaldo? Who Is Richer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.