Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United (17019 Views)

Lady Exposes A Married Man Stalking Her On Facebook (Screenshot) / He Is Engaged But Still Stalking Me...??? / Pastor Convicted For caressing Woman's Breast When She Was Sleeping Inside Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by SimplyA: 3:05am On Apr 20, 2011
Smh at the "white people stalk too" comment, lol. He probably was banging this woman out. Some of you are taking this story a little too personal.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by MOBO999: 6:25am On Apr 20, 2011
Why all the anger, shame and venom from the Nairaland ladies online here, why all the pretence and backwardness, you women will never change, you forget other foreign men and women are also looking into this site, please be careful how you shamelessly expose yourself.

Someone actually said maybe Rio Ferdinand the Manchester legend went out with her way back in Peckham, well for you information this lady is older than Rio Ferdinand by 10 years, cant you lots read for Christ sake, please this is a public forum, don’t embarrass Nigeria anymore, this Ibru dame has done enough damage for the 1st four months of the year.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by tEsLim(m): 6:29am On Apr 20, 2011
THey prolly had sex quickie in the toilet at the family function and she thinks he owes her lol. Between its not a shame to Nigeria shame on her. Dont just attach any individual to nigeria like that thats stupid. I careless she has a name. So reference her and not nigeria
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by MOBO999: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2011
^^^ Well thats just too bad, I live in Manchester and it all over the news here, even in church, clubs, universities, everyone is saying the Nigeria woman stalker and how desperate they can be, the Zimbabwe women are having a good laugh, same with the Ghanian women here in Manchester, so to be honest she has dragged Nigeria name in the mud here in England.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Emmanuelpee(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2011
What a pathetic event
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by farolee(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2011
If that is a good news for you.when did u turn to Cnn. Don't you have any good report about nigerian women in uk ? Are there no nigerian ladies making waves in uk? Remember your mama na woman.just rephrase ya topic
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by naijangel7(f): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2011
mama-gee:

Why in the world would someone stalk somebody as famous as him?

Famous people are probably more prone to stalking than you and i. This thread shows just how little people know about star-stalking.

And those people talking about Nigerian women just make me laugh. If u really wanna know about stalking, look to the oyibos.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by naijangel7(f): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2011
MOBO999:

^^^ Well thats just too bad, I live in Manchester and it all over the news here, even in church, clubs, universities, everyone is saying the Nigeria woman stalker and how desperate they can be, the Zimbabwe women are having a good laugh, same with the Ghanian women here in Manchester, so to be honest she has dragged Nigeria name in the mud here in England.

You lie. It's all over the news but NOWHERE does it mention that she's Nigerian. Prove me wrong.

Lol Zimbabwean women are having a good laugh? At Nigerian women? U should go into comedy, Mobo.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by colaka22: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2011
That naija babe is very ambitious.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by akkeem(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2011
Rio Ferdinand stalker Susanne Ibru found guilty of harassment
18/04/2011

Man Utd's Rio Ferdinand at court today

A woman who repeatedly turned up at the home of Premier League footballer Rio Ferdinand was convicted today of harassment.

Stalker Susanne Ibru, 38, twice disturbed the Manchester United player and his wife while they were asleep, claiming she needed to speak to him.

She was convicted at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court in her absence.

Susanne Ibru arriving at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court

Ibru, who conducted her own defence, left court after being told Ferdinand's wife Rebecca, 30, was excused from giving evidence after giving birth to their third child, a girl, at the weekend.

Earlier, Ibru had questioned England star Ferdinand in the witness box, telling him as he left the court: "I'll see you soon, bye."

A warrant was issued for Ibru by District Judge Nicholas Sanders, who asked for her to be brought back before him for sentencing.

He said it was "quite clear" to him that the prosecution case against her was proved.

He said: "Mr Ferdinand is a high-profile footballer and whilst there will always be occasions where he is exposed to public and press scrutiny, the fact is that when he is in the privacy of his own home with his family he has a right to expect to be left alone."

Ibru, who was living in Peckham, south London, made the 400-mile round trip to Ferdinand's home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, on February 21 last year, then again on June 16 and 18.

The 32-year-old Manchester United and England star told the court he was upset by the visits from the woman, whom he had never met.

"At first I was angry and upset but then disturbed, really, because I have got a young family and this was not the time or the place to be coming to speak to me," the player said.

On the first occasion, Ibru disturbed the couple, who were asleep, by pressing the intercom buzzer at the gates to their driveway in the early hours of the morning.

Ferdinand called his club's security who alerted police and Ibru left after being warned against harassment.

The second time, he was returning home at around 8pm when he saw her standing on the road opposite his house.

Police attended again and once more she was warned that she would face prosecution, but she turned up again two days later in the early hours of June 18.

Ibru again woke the couple using the intercom buzzer and she was arrested.

"The safety of my family is as huge to me as it is to anyone," the footballer said.

"Then you have people at your door talking about things that don't make sense.

"You want to be left alone with your family."

During her cross examination of Ferdinand, she claimed they had first met at the home of one of his relatives in 1998 - an occasion he said he did not recall.

The defendant, wearing a short black dress, replied: "I remember that very well - the first time setting my eyes on you, not just in a newspaper."

The prosecution case was that they were unknown to each other, although Ferdinand's mother Janice was briefly introduced to Ibru after a church function in 2003, the court heard.

Ibru managed to obtain Mrs Ferdinand's phone number and would phone her under some pretext, eventually asking after her son.

Mrs Ferdinand soon changed her number, the court was told.

Rebecca Ferdinand was also disturbed, telling police she was concerned for the safety of herself and her family as it "was not the behaviour of a normal fan".

Rebecca Ferdinand was excused from giving evidence following the birth of their daughter.

Ibru told the judge she wanted to question Mrs Ferdinand and, when she was told she could not, she walked out of court and failed to return.

The case continued in her absence with evidence from Detective Inspector Kevin Chambers, who spoke to Ibru outside the Ferdinands' home following the February incident.

He told the court she claimed she knew the footballer "from Peckham, south London" and she knew his mother "from church".

He also found a return train ticket from London in her pocket. The officer said he warned her against causing harassment.

Ibru never denied visiting the Ferdinand home but argued her actions did not amount to harassment.

But, giving his verdict, Judge Sanders said: "It is without question that it did amount to harassment of Mr and Mrs Ferdinand.

"Miss Ibru, I suspect, will say she didn't know but she certainly should have done."
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by LilyZ(f): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Nancy42(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2011
that gurl na very madt gurl
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by sayso: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2011
please can this end
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Kingmanny88(m): 9:55am On Apr 20, 2011
That is pretty bad of the young lady,
I guess Nigeria really could do without this kind of incident, considering our already battered image,
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Kingmanny88(m): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2011
That is pretty bad of the young lady,
I guess Nigeria really could do without this kind of incident, considering our already battered image,
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by faithup(f): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2011
i hardly post replies but i'ii make an exception here.

@ y'all bashing the lady

have u all thought for a moment that the woman in question could be a bit mentally unstable it takes a mind that suffers a degree of insanity to resort to such means just to have an audience or whatever else with the guy.

methinks she is not alright and in fact needs medical assessment to verify her sanity level. asides star stalking is a relatively boring topic, happens all the time and only becomes a sensational news when something really negative happens.

her nationality in this case is really unimportant, she is acting in her personal capacity and this in anyway shouldnt be used to judge nigerian women.

get a life people, this is such not 'news' nigeria is going through quite a lot now what with the rioting and killings in the north, the last thing that should make front page news now shouldnt be about a perhaps mentally ill woman stalking her favorite football star!

@ poster

i do not see anywhere in the article she is identified as a nigerian, the report was made based on a woman stalking football star and not a nigerian woman stalking a football star!
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by juman(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2011
faithup:

have u all thought for a moment that the woman in question could be a bit mentally unstable it takes a mind that suffers a degree of insanity to resort to such means just to have an audience or whatever else with the guy.
methinks she is not alright and in fact needs medical assessment to verify her sanity level.

." She also asked him if he remembered the first time they met, in 1998 at the home of his stepfather's mother.
He said he did not remember the occasion. Ibru said: "I remember that very well - the first time setting my eyes on you, not just in a newspaper."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/04/18/rio-ferdinand-left-angry-and-upset-by-woman-accused-of-stalking-him-115875-23070247/#ixzz1K3ZryST5

The woman probably has unstable mind.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by ismaeel86(m): 11:33am On Apr 20, 2011
i dont blame her, ferdinand too look like a niger deltan, and she need an African brother to replace her duvet and pillow during cold nights.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Lopezdee1: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2011
MOBO999:

this just shows how shallow and empty Nigeria women are, they are nothing but Gold diggers

here in England, Ghana women, Zimbabwe, South Africa and even Libya women are well behaved and admired, not this evil Nigeria witch sister.

I guess you have no mother, sister or female family members if you do - then you have just put all of them in the same category as this woman going by your statements above. It amazes me how you can easily and conveniently stereotype all Nigerian women based on the action of one woman. I guess you will never be angry if a European says "ALL Nigerians are into 419 or better still all black people are gang bangers". To condemn the act of the person involved is one thing and to condemn all Nigerian women as gold digger is something else.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by beeman80: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2011
I think shes just desperate and maybe near madness as a result. grin
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by beninman1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2011
Rio stalker: I’m a one man woman By GUY PATRICK

Published: Today - 20/04/2011 - From UK's The Sun Newspaper

RIO Ferdinand's stalker yesterday denied making his life hell - insisting: "We go way back. I'm a one-man woman."
Obsessed Susanne Ibru, 38, described in court as a fantasist, hinted she would continue to hound the Manchester United star.

She said: "I genuinely care about him. Rio knows that I've not harassed him. I don't want to hurt him."

But hours after Ibru spoke to The Sun she was hauled into court, where her violent history was spelled out.

It was revealed she has been jailed for attempted wounding and has convictions for carrying a knife, criminal damage and public order offences. She faces a new charge of assaulting a WPC who arrested her.

An Old Trafford source said Rio, 32, would be horrified, adding: "He knew she was obsessed with him. But he hadn't got a clue about this nasty side to her."

Earlier yesterday Ibru told The Sun she did not believe the England defender was married to wife Rebecca, mum of his three kids.

She said: "Is he really married? Have you seen a wedding certificate?"

Ibru, who lives on the council estate in Peckham, South London, where Rio grew up, also insisted her harassment conviction for repeatedly turning up at his home in the early hours was "total crap".

She added: "How do I know where he lives? Not everyone knows where a footballer lives. If I turned up at his house or not, that's not the question is it?

"How do I know where he lives? He never showed me where he lives or told me.

"I'm not a football fan, I don't really mix with football fans. I do club with a lot of footballers. And I have dated a few of them, but that would be telling. Me and Rio go way back. I'm a one-man woman." Ibru fled Macclesfield Magistrates Court on Monday just before she was convicted - and Judge Nicholas Sanders issued an arrest warrant.

She was seized by police yesterday morning in Warrington, Cheshire - about 20 miles from Rio's £4million Alderley Edge mansion.

Within hours she was in Crewe Magistrates Court.

Prosecutor Ian Davies said: "During the course of her arrest another incident occurred which has led to the further charge of assaulting a constable."

Ibru was remanded in custody. She will be back in court today when a sentencing date will be set for the harassment charge. The case may be adjourned for psychiatric reports. On Monday the court heard Ibru harassed Rio and Rebecca three times in four months by turning up at their mansion in the early hours after a 200-mile trip from her home.

Ibru claimed she met Rio at his stepfather's mother's house in Peckham 13 years ago and went to his mansion to "resolve" issues.

Rio said he had no idea what she was talking about. He said her visits left him angry and concerned.

During the hearing Ibru, who was defending herself, cross-examined Rio. As he left court she told him: "I'll be seeing you soon." Rio watched United's match with Newcastle from the stands sitting behind Sir Bobby Charlton last night.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by 190: 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
Now i seriously think RIO knows this lady and has slept with her

and he's denying how just 2 save his marriage and his public status

Rio should be questioned!
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by cap28: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
didnt know rio ferdinand slept with black women - ohh this ""liaison" must have happened before he became famous
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by JUO(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
they will never stop
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by ama27(f): 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
i hardly post replies but i'ii make an exception here.

@ y'all bashing the lady

have  u all  thought for a moment that the woman in question could be a bit mentally unstable it takes a mind that suffers a degree of insanity to resort to such means just to have an audience or whatever else with the guy.

methinks she is not alright and in fact needs medical assessment to verify her sanity level. asides star stalking is a relatively boring topic, happens all the time and only becomes a sensational news when something really negative happens.

her nationality in this case is really unimportant, she is acting in her personal capacity and this in anyway shouldnt be used to judge nigerian women.

get a life people, this is such not 'news' nigeria is going through quite a lot now what with the rioting and killings in the north, the last thing that should  make front page news  now shouldnt be about a  perhaps mentally ill woman stalking her favorite football star!

@ poster

i do not see anywhere in the article she is identified as a nigerian, the report  was made based on a woman stalking football star and not a nigerian woman stalking a football star!

@ faithup - thank you . there are stalkers everywhere - u dont see people of those nationalies start shouting  i.e british people shouting about a brit stalker , besides she is referred to as a british woman. Na wa for us , just like the generation before us quick to judge and point fingers and not being able to think outside the box , thats why u have in naija people with learning difficulties termed as stupid and unserious because they are surrounded by ignorant adults
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Freesia(f): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
Somebody is about to be exposed I wonder who ?? She wants to resolve something that might have happened 13 Years ago ? Lady please let go
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Freiburger(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
Freesia:

Somebody is about to be exposed I wonder who ?? She wants to resolve something that might have happened 13 Years ago ? Lady please let go
The ladies will not go far on this one. I can promise you that.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by furacao(m): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
Apart from the fact she might have mental health problems, fairly common in Blacks in the UK, what does she want with camel mouth?
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Freesia(f): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2011
Freiburger:

The ladies will not go far on this one. I can promise you that.

13 Years is a long time to wait in order to straighten things out
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Freiburger(m): 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2011
Freesia:

Na du wie gehts?

13 Years is a long time to wait in order to straighten things out
mir geht gut and dir?
I don't even think it was that long.
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by Freesia(f): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
Freiburger:

mir geht gut and dir?
I don't even think it was that long.

ich freue mich auf Ostern bin wieder in Dland

Yeah the article says they first met 13 years ago only God knows what unfinished biz would take this long to iron out
Re: Nigerian Woman convicted for stalking Rio Ferdinand Manchester United by cap28: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2011
furacao:

Apart from the fact she might have mental health problems, fairly common in Blacks in the UK, what does she want with camel mouth?

have you carried out a survey to arrive at this conclusion about "blacks in the uK"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet This Hot IG Model With Jaw-dropping Boobs That Is Causing A Stir Online / Valantine: How Did You Meet Your Lover? / Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.