Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? (37448 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! / What I Did To A Female Friend That Brother Zoned Me / Guys!!! Do You Think This Lady Has Strong Yansh (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Body odor well I can manage that but you see mouth other no be me and you undecided
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
merieam16:
and Wat abt if she doesnt av money to buy another one, so she will start asking him for urgent 2k for deodorants abi

grin grin grin
God will provide for her.

Please, check my signature
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Blessedchild24(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
Do it my way anonymously, u can send her a message about it on a different number and after that block her number. Or use someone phone to do it but u will explain it in a way she will not know that it is from u
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Don't tell just move on.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lol.. so many hilarious comments.

Well... You can get her very good antiperspirant roll-on and a good antiseptic soap like Dettol to get rid of the odour.

I see everyone suddenly feeling like Mr and Mrs superclean. According to the op, the girl is going through tough times which could be partly why she's having the body odour due to lack of funds to maintain a good hygiene. If most here are faced with her condition, only God knows.

Op, get her those two Toiletries and little change to eat good food, at least a balanced diet that includes fruits. Shes good to go.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
luminouz:

Why being subtle? Just go ahead and tell him your mind na. The delivery is what matters,not the words. Don't deliver it harshly for some people and for others, yell it to their faces or they won't listen to you.

He felt you disgraced him by not telling him to his face. In his mind, the text was you not being able to stomach his presence and his breath. He must have really liked you and you punched the wind outta his sails.

That's why matters like this will always be complicated.

I didn't want to tell him face-to-face to save us both the embarrassment.

But if he's done something about the breath, then perfect!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ishilove:

Years back there was a guy who was chyking me and his breath funked like terribly. When I couldn't bear it anymore, especially when he attempted to steal kisses from me, I chose a day when he was relaxed and doing laundry. I stood a safe distance away from his nasty breath, gave him my most charming smile and tactfully told him "I have been noticing for sometime that you may need to change your toothpaste. It is not giving your mouth a fresh breath".

I sha blamed everything on the toothpaste, but he got the message. He thanked me profusely and although later the breath did not exactly improve, it didn't funk as badly as before.

Thanks smiley.

If I ever met someone in a similar situation again, I'll use this method. I guess doing it in person makes a whole lot of difference. They get to hear your tone and see your expression and know that the message is coming with kindness.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Ishilove: 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Thanks smiley.

If I ever met someone in a similar situation again, I'll use this method. I guess doing it in person makes a whole lot of difference. They get to hear your tone and see your expression and know that the message is coming with kindness.
Nuances are misinterpreted when not observed physically.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Karleb(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
My advice, tell her.

If you don't, she'll start billing you sooner or later. If you do, she'll get angry and stop talking to you which will relieve you of future burdens.

You are not her papa!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by RenaissanceGuy: 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Till date, there's a friend I could never tell that she had a smelly mouth. It always smelled like fowl dung.

Many times, I considered printing it on a paper and stylishly dropping it in her bag, but the fear of her realising it was me didn't let me go through with the plan. I didn't want the awkwardness that would follow after.

Haven't seen her in three years... I wonder if her mouth still smells badly.

Because of that babe I couldn't help, I promised myself I'll never keep quiet if I knew someone who had a smelly mouth or BO.

That's how fine nice- smelling (he smells like his perfume costs a 100k!) Jide who worked in a bank close to my office started chyking me.
But he had the nastiest breath ever. I just couldn't believe it. I kept making excuses for him.

Maybe he sits in his office all day without talking.
Maybe he has a bad cough...
Maybe he ate a foul-smelling food.

But omo, the breath was nasty like that everyday.

One day we went to Rhapsody. And when I got home, I texted him that he had a smelly breath and should consider going to the hospital.

Oga never talked to me till this day. cry cry cry This was in 2018!
You should have been diplomatic about it. Like saying 'When you don't talk for a long time, it has the possibility of causing a slight bad breath'.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by ugodson(m): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Keep buying her deodorant every weekend.am telling you will work
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Yankee101: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Buy her self care products as gifts
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by GeneralPula: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
Feminist don use lies spoil thread..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
there are somethings people can only find out from very, very close friends or family. They are the only ones who can tell them without them taking offense. If their close friends and family havent told them then who are you? Then again maybe they have already told them and they did or cannot do anything about it. Just mind your business and move along!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by PAWG(m): 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
thorpido:
Is the challenge she's having that is making her cry the body of our?

Bro what are you trying to say?

quit making me laugh grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by money121(m): 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ok
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by cenaman(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Just tell her babe, e bi like ur bodi dey smell.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by pode(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Go and buy her body spray, she will understand,
If I may ask, why is this odor common with ladies?
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Chukabiz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
You think she doesn't already know? She must have heard it from someone.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Trustedpronet: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Start by gifting him or her strong rollon or perfume.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
The problem might not even be deodorant or exfoliating soaps.
Maybe she’s in such a crisis that she’s not even remembering to bathe at all or brush or wash her clothes.
With how you described she was crying,must be something real deep.
If you can get to the root of the problem, that could be the best.
You are not required to be her knight in shining armor tho,do the one way you fit do.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by notoriousbabe: 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
mynd44 come and see chomtin
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by mu2sa2: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
No wahala. Say it to her the same way you're saying it here.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Akasammyoka: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
TO
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
You think life is hard..
Wait until you read OP challenge...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by 0truthseeker: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
You don die before
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Adakintroy: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
By telling him he has a strong body odor
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Akasammyoka: 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
T
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by tishbite41(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Na my classmate that year.
I no fit tell am make e no dey like falling hand.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Ugaboy: 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
merieam16:
and Wat abt if she doesnt av money to buy another one, so she will start asking him for urgent 2k for deodorants abi
I dey reason, a year supply of deodorant
I be nivea
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Gunayo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Brother to save you money, buy cacatinor Shelly for her it'll clear it.
Hope you are not speaking in tongues?
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Elsueno: 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
If ur mouth dey smell, I will tell u straight up, bros/sis ur mouth dey pollute woh, u need a dentist.

Incase of body odour, I just tell them they need a birth.

Of course this is only for friends & acquaintances. as for foreigners, I mine my own business.

But dats because am always blunt grin , I remember when I told my female bestie her outfit suckz, she snapped & almost slapped me grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Insulted My Girlfriend How Do I Apologise / My Girlfriend Aborted My Pregnancy! Can I Get Her Arrested? / Naval Officer Kneels On The Street, Proposes To Girlfriend In Matching Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.