Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? (37450 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! / What I Did To A Female Friend That Brother Zoned Me / Guys!!! Do You Think This Lady Has Strong Yansh (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 15, 2021
For those with mouth odour, brush your teeth twice daily, concentrate on scrubbing the tongue well that's where the bacteria that causes the foul smell reside then you squeeze lots of of lemon and lime into a cup and mix with salt and gaggle and drink or just rob the salt on the lime/lemon and suck and eat it up. if your mouth smell again then your case is spiritual...

For body odour bathe often, if you go out and you sweat much take a bath and change clothes again, buy deodorants if no money to buy expensive perfume e.g smart collections cost just 1k and they smell nice..

Goodluck
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by megareal: 1:26am On Apr 15, 2021
luminouz:
Lol...are guys the only ones with body and mouth odour ni?

Except OP case, all the testifiers are about men o. grin

Till date, I haven't met any woman with bad breath. I have met one with some damn strong body odour though. It got worse when she sweated, the funk is a mudafucking dunk on me. I just told her to bath more often, and try to relax her mind and not get scared or afraid cuz that's when the funk gets worse.

She has the biggest ass I've had till date. Thick everywhere.
@ the bolded. You have jinxed it, you're going to meet one soon. grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by bugatti02(m): 1:35am On Apr 15, 2021
You don't have to tell her, not to bring down her Ego around you looking at the circumstances you met her....kindly buy her a good Antiseptic soup and Nivea Roll-on... She will start smelling Nice... Peace.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by onunwa21(m): 2:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Use placard write am!!!
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by eeetuk(m): 2:04am On Apr 15, 2021
"How can I tell a friend her body odor is strong?"

Buy apples for your friend and advise her to eat two apples twice a day. If she asks you why she should eat two apples twice a day, tell her this:

You met a woman who has a strong body odor and you don't want your friend to have a similar problem.

If you don't offer this piece of advice to your friend, it means, you are a punk and no good friend.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Kennitrust(m): 2:34am On Apr 15, 2021
luminouz:

Why being subtle? Just go ahead and tell him your mind na. The delivery is what matters,not the words. Don't deliver it harshly for some people and for others, yell it to their faces or they won't listen to you.

He felt you disgraced him by not telling him to his face. In his mind, the text was you not being able to stomach his presence and his breath. He must have really liked you and you punched the wind outta his sails.
does it mean that, the person with body or mouth odour doesn't used to perceive the SMELL?
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:39am On Apr 15, 2021
With respect to the smelly mouth, it was such a sensitive topic to broach so I opened a new fictitious email and politely put her in the know with several options and way out of the stench. Know what? She brought the "mysterious email" to my attention and we discussed it like it wasn't me... angry
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:40am On Apr 15, 2021
With respect to the smelly mouth, it was such a sensitive topic to broach so I opened a new fictitious email and politely put her in the know with several options and way out of the stench. Know what? She brought the "mysterious email" to my attention and we discussed it like it wasn't me... grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by KosiGee(m): 3:00am On Apr 15, 2021
Elsueno:
If ur mouth dey smell, I will tell u straight up, bros/sis ur mouth dey pollute woh, u need a dentist.

Incase of body odour, I just tell them they need a birth.

Of course this is only for friends & acquaintances. as for foreigners, I mine my own business.

But dats because am always blunt grin , I remember when I told my female bestie her outfit suckz, she snapped & almost slapped me grin

Bath/bathe/shower.....not birth.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Praxis758: 3:17am On Apr 15, 2021
Henryosita:
The bible says that my people perish for lack of knowledge. If you believe that fowl odor is due to lack of hygiene then I put it to you that poverty is due to laziness and that examination is the true test of knowledge. My brothers and sisters, I do understand that we try to condemn situations that don't affect us. I will like to see a post where people are been condemned for being poor by the rich. While I agree that unhygienic practices can make someone to stink but let's not forget that alot of people we come across might have known or unknown medical conditions that comtribute to this. Take for instance, trimethylaminuria for instance affects mostly African descendants and the only sign of this disease is odor from every part of the body which is due to a deficiency in a particular liver enzyme. Conditions like diabetes, ketoacidosis, hyperhidrosis, chronic liver disease and intake of certain medications can all lead to development of certain odors and due to the fact that our sense of smell are not used to these odors regularly, it is highlighted and gets our attention fast ( just like when you hear a music for the first time). Someone asked, don't their partner or family notice such odor, but the truth is this, our body is extremely advanced. In medicine, we have a process called downgrade pathways, what it means is that when you are exposed to a particular stimulus constantly, after a while, the body stop responding to it. Also genetic plays a role. Family members tends to have a particular type of body odor and hence can't pick up one another's scent. Again, some people have anosmia which means that they can't smell any thing and other people's sense of smell are selective or doesn't make a big deal out of odor and hence no flight response. So please, next time you come across someone who is not smelling nice, do not immediately conclude that hygiene is the problem rather be open minded. It is a stereotype that still needs to be eradicated from our world. It is very multifactorial. Let try to keep an open mind. If I am to approach someone in this situation, I will wait for a quiet, relaxed and jovial period, when only both of you are present and start by reaffirming my friendship and best interest. Ask the person if he/she is sick or have a chronic illness like irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease or small intestinal bacteria overgrowth as these three things can cause leaky gut syndrome ( which allows gases and toxic from the colon to get to the skin). If the answer is no, ask the about their food habit and daily liquid intake, if it's all well balanced, the person him or her self will be curious and might ask why all the questions. If they ask, you can now tell the person that you have been noticing a change in his or her odor for a duration of time and its very important to mention when yoh first noticed it as it will help jog the person memory incase a change happened within that time. Now, you can both start working towards the healing process. If you come out from no where with useless jabs or jokes or gifts, it makes you look stupid. Will you want a doctor to announce the death of your loved one by giving you a funeral home brochure, no. When you follow the process I outlined, it makes the person feel comfortable first, relaxed, and willing to open up and not ashamed, jumpy and anxious. I believe that we still have alot to learn. Nothing moves me anymore but I have learn to analyse issues all round before making a conclusion.

Please if you are reading this and you have a case of mild or strong odor that can't be healed or dealt with by any means possible, please don't beat up your self because it's understandable the amount of social stigma that goes along with it. Please go to rareconnect.org and search for trimethylaminuria community, you will learn everything you need to learn. For some people, Tom Ford of 100k, is not the answer but eliminating 80% of the normal food everyone eats because choline and it's derivatives has to be eliminated at all cost and even at that hundreds of dollars has to be spent on supplements like B2, active charcoal and copper chlorophyll. And in all of this, it will only be reduced by 80% max. Please next time you come across someone, think, analyse, show empathy and then speak.

Your write-up can best be termed impactful, directional, clarity of points and studded with solutions.

It seems you're from medical field because your mode of writings and choice of jargons point to that.

More waters to your well of wisdom.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by TolaniLuv: 3:33am On Apr 15, 2021
op, advise her to start taking hot bath twice a week or every night. some dead bacteria in her skin is cusin the smell. I remember my second week in lagos I kinda start sweating a lot and the sweat cusing body odor.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by MrIcredible: 4:25am On Apr 15, 2021
Ugaboy:

Zero String SmellySperm.

But does your Sperm truely smell?
Guy, always drink yo-yo bitters and your smelly sperm go dey alright.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by codesport(m): 4:38am On Apr 15, 2021
Lol....
PrimadonnaO:
Till date, there's a friend I could never tell that she had a smelly mouth. It always smelled like fowl dung.

Many times, I considered printing it on a paper and stylishly dropping it in her bag, but the fear of her realising it was me didn't let me go through with the plan. I didn't want the awkwardness that would follow after.

Haven't seen her in three years... I wonder if her mouth still smells badly.

Because of that babe I couldn't help, I promised myself I'll never keep quiet if I knew someone who had a smelly mouth or BO.

That's how fine nice- smelling (he smells like his perfume costs a 100k!) Jide who worked in a bank close to my office started chyking me.
But he had the nastiest breath ever. I just couldn't believe it. I kept making excuses for him.

Maybe he sits in his office all day without talking.
Maybe he has a bad cough...
Maybe he ate a foul-smelling food.

But omo, the breath was nasty like that everyday.

One day we went to Rhapsody. And when I got home, I texted him that he had a smelly breath and should consider going to the hospital.

Oga never talked to me till this day. cry cry cry This was in 2018!
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:41am On Apr 15, 2021
codesport:
Lol....

Lol
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by codesport(m): 4:51am On Apr 15, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Lol
Honestly I can't phantom why people like that take such as offensive rather than seeking solution.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by lordswill03: 4:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Encourage her to at least bath twice a day. Then she should always shave her pubic areas, don't know most girls nowadays hardly shave. I met a younger girl that the hairs in her armpit was turning gray and twisted and I was like WTF.
Then let her use deodorant.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by lkillbrokehoes: 4:58am On Apr 15, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

grin grin
Victoria do you have bad breathe too grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by lkillbrokehoes: 5:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Ishilove:

Years back there was a guy who was chyking me and his breath funked like terribly. When I couldn't bear it anymore, especially when he attempted to steal kisses from me, I chose a day when he was relaxed and doing laundry. I stood a safe distance away from his nasty breath, gave him my most charming smile and tactfully told him "I have been noticing for sometime that you may need to change your toothpaste. It is not giving your mouth a fresh breath".

I sha blamed everything on the toothpaste, but he got the message. He thanked me profusely and although later the breath did not exactly improve, it didn't funk as badly as before.
I've caught you again cheesy
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Usainbolt138: 5:02am On Apr 15, 2021
Ugaboy:
I met a girl recently, though the state in which I met her wasn't pleasing at all.

I was passing by with friends, when we saw a girl sitting alone crying profusely.
I had to tell others to leave us.

that was the first time I saw Premium tears, as in it was pouring like spring from her eyes, she finally told me the challenges she is going through.

as a young man, I can't start making promises, I had to encouraged her to fix her pieces and not with tears.

fast forward, we starts meeting at same spot, just to always check on her and her progress.

I don't have any intention towards her, just want to see her always happy.

but I'm having issues that is making me unconformable around her.

Her body odor is so strong, that I'm always tempted to tell her.
though our friendship is still weak, cus it not up to a month we met.

I don't know if it's right time or right, if I open up to her?

How can I tell her without making her feel embarrassing?
and some self medication to help out.
nothing cure what ever the kinda body odour more than Alum, let her be rubbing alum in her body especially her armpit
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by lkillbrokehoes: 5:07am On Apr 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao! Una done suffer o.

But Nigerians need to normalize the use of deodorants. The body odour own is a serious issue. I think good hygiene and deodorants should come before perfumes sef.
You no dey sleep
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by ALISMILE(m): 5:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Ishilove:

embarassed angry
That guy with his post, I would really like to see his face
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Herbephe1(m): 5:30am On Apr 15, 2021
Why don't you change your soap, suggest a good one for her, you can even buy it for her
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by BRATISLAVA: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2021
thorpido:
Is the challenge she's having that is making her cry the body odour?

Very good question, saves me from asking.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by BRATISLAVA: 5:35am On Apr 15, 2021
Ishilove:

Years back there was a guy who was chyking me and his breath funked like terribly. When I couldn't bear it anymore, especially when he attempted to steal kisses from me, I chose a day when he was relaxed and doing laundry. I stood a safe distance away from his nasty breath, gave him my most charming smile and tactfully told him "I have been noticing for sometime that you may need to change your toothpaste. It is not giving your mouth a fresh breath".

I sha blamed everything on the toothpaste, but he got the message. He thanked me profusely and although later the breath did not exactly improve, it didn't funk as badly as before.

This was quite polite. Compared to the rude and mocking manner people before you mentioned. Never knew Nigerians could have tact and politeness.

Going to adopt this method.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:38am On Apr 15, 2021
codesport:
Honestly I can't phantom why people like that take such as offensive rather than seeking solution.

People only want to hear good things about themselves.

Tell them certain truths and they take it to mean you don't rate them, or you're insulting them, and it psychologically puts them on the offense.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by 2shaw: 5:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Odeh, na fuc k dey worry u. Since I stopped talking to girls in a year now,men I feel so safe nd relaxed. Naija girls r useless. Body odour disgusting,imagine what pekus would be like. Stinky. Most ppl fail to wsh their armpits, baff well,apply roll on and at least spray pef. No matter the sweat,your pef na backup. Mouth odour,body odour,pekus odour. Devil no just like u. Abeg leave the gal and mind ya biz,make this money,even if na 2m
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by BRATISLAVA: 5:44am On Apr 15, 2021
majorbravo:

Trust me, you haven’t really met anyone with serious body odour cos you won’t be able to withstand it.

One half-albino girl came to my room back when I was an undergrad and just lay on my bed to rest while she was waiting for her friend who was my neighbour. I dunno if it’s cos she’s been out in the sun all day from lectures or summat. But the smell was so unbearable. Even after she left. The smell lingered on in the sheets and never left till I washed it twice. I took the foam out to the sun. Cos the smell sank into the foam as well.

I didn’t know how to tell her, cos it wasn’t really my business and I didn’t want to hurt her feelings. But it was painful to note, I almost shed tears on her behalf, cos she was so damn pretty.

Nobody will believe you, until they've seen such.

I was visiting, just put my bag in the wardrobe, next morning I was smelling like her BO. Like BO. It never stopped smelling bad, even after washing the clothes many times. I threw them away because I didn't want to smell like her. I don't even understand it, maybe I never noticed her smell because we didn't see often. And she was supposed to be a classy lady.

So I believe you when you say it got into the mattress. Some BO is like super glue.

I feel bad that I didn't tell her. But her boyfriend should've.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Elsueno: 5:53am On Apr 15, 2021
KosiGee:

Bath/bathe/shower.....not birth.

Who gives a shyt, stop behaving like my PhD supervisor, nairaland comments ain't thesis based right ups.

Yes, I know what I did up above grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Kizyte(m): 6:10am On Apr 15, 2021
Ugaboy:
I met a girl recently, though the state in which I met her wasn't pleasing at all.

I was passing by with friends, when we saw a girl sitting alone crying profusely.
I had to tell others to leave us.

that was the first time I saw Premium tears, as in it was pouring like spring from her eyes, she finally told me the challenges she is going through.

as a young man, I can't start making promises, I had to encouraged her to fix her pieces and not with tears.

fast forward, we starts meeting at same spot, just to always check on her and her progress.

I don't have any intention towards her, just want to see her always happy.

but I'm having issues that is making me unconformable around her.

Her body odor is so strong, that I'm always tempted to tell her.
though our friendship is still weak, cus it not up to a month we met.

I don't know if it's right time or right, if I open up to her?

How can I tell her without making her feel embarrassing?
and some self medication to help out.
Buy her Rexona Roll on, Stress Control or any other good Rexonas. Thank me later
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by KosiGee(m): 6:11am On Apr 15, 2021
Elsueno:

Who gives a shyt, stop behaving like my PhD supervisor, nairaland comments ain't thesis based right ups.

Yes, I know what I did up above grin

Just being blunt...if you act like the above, I wonder how you’ll behave when someone asks you to visit your dentist to get that periodontal issues sorted.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Godbless3(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2021
If you guys are not in romantic relationship, then don't tell her at all.
Re: How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Tell your sis or a female to tell her cos even me I can't do to how that person might feel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Insulted My Girlfriend How Do I Apologise / My Girlfriend Aborted My Pregnancy! Can I Get Her Arrested? / Naval Officer Kneels On The Street, Proposes To Girlfriend In Matching Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.