Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion (44688 Views)

Reject Calls For Pantami’s Resignation - MURIC Tells Buhari / Gbajabiamila Faults Elumelu As Minority Leader Demands Pantami’s Resignation / Elumelu Demands Apology Over Alleged N41bn Fraud, Gives 7 Days Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mandyoluchi:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly
You're a big disappointment to the entire human race. Your shame dey shame me
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Nigercity: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100990997:
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?

What have you said about that Massacre?!

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

Human being self
How does this relate to the matter
Was James Nwafor a minister or odinary commissioner, where is James Nwafor now (didn't people spoke out against him and his is on the run!) But Pantami is moving freely smiling upandan..
I know bigotry has really destroyed your mental health
But always try to be intelligent, (Even if it is once in awhile)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mandyoluchi:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly

It is better you keep quiet than speak using born again about things you don't understand.

A terrorist sympathizer is beyond just doing wrong things. This is about a man who clearly showed respect and love for people who murder and kill people.

Such a person can not hold such sensitive position. No matter how you try to bend it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by capatainrambo: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
johnmartus:
Igbo can't intimidate pantanmi from office just like they did to kemi adeosun thinking Emeka Ada would be replace her. Femi should sack any law makers trying to talk about this matter there must be a decorum in the national assembly.
ipob ? Adeosun was axed by kyari.

Even the daily times they used was pure fulani trumpet .

You yourbas re very stupid. If not you will know the people destroying nigeria.

Enough said

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TOMMYS: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.

so it's was NIN that made him a supporter of terrorists? why mumu full this country

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Llight101(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
Hahaaaaaaaa, I would've prefer DSTVee.
So are you saying we should be mute and not speak the truth again because of NIN?
Is it a Christian issue now rather than a national one?
I see terrorist killing humans and not Christians or Muslims or traditionalists.
Get sense

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Davefed(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
Aren't you ashamed?

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mandyoluchi:

Pantami is not being called an extremist. He is an extremist sympathizer. It is his words that described him. Not anyone. He is a bad image to the country if you don't know and paints Buhari with suspicion.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Organs(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
inoki247:
lol..

see that one crying up there what doz linking NiN have to du with someone resignation or been sacked...

NiN don dey exist before he waz appointed so the compulsory implementation will still continue...

so why you guys love the terrorist na him i never understand. n

Use your head bro. These criminals do not want to link their NIN with their SIM, cos that way they will know who you are. Imagine if Nairaland should link names and pictures with monica's, folks will not want that. I am not really a big fan of Pantami but what he is doing is GREAT and some people are trying to pull him down because of their corruption.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by dondavinchi(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.
bokoharam brother

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by shoboy9: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
Buhar has always been a jihadist, but it was BA Tinub that sold him to nigeria because of his ambition. They continue to use his ambition to control him.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by inoki247: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
Organs:

Use your head bro. These criminals do not want to link their NIN with their SIM, cos that way they will know who you are. Imagine if Nairaland should link names and pictures with monica's, folks will not want that. I am not really a big fan of Pantami but what he is doing is GREAT and some people are trying to pull him down because of their corruption.

so me I don't understand you oh so if he resign or get fired the compulsory implementation will be stopped cause I don't understand how you dey reason....

Na person invent BVN and IPPIS why are people not tagging the person that implemented it as a terrorist...

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by 3coins(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
johnmartus:
Igbo can't intimidate pantanmi from office just like they did to kemi adeosun thinking Emeka Ada would be replace her. Femi should sack any law makers trying to talk about this matter there must be a decorum in the national assembly.
How has this become an Igbo vs Nigeria issue? Why have we made tribalism blind us like this? Do you put your hate for Ibos ahead of the love for your country. Can’t you see the favoritism going on in this country? It was still the same you that created a thread talking about your safety traveling by road from Lagos to ilorin? The insecurity problems we are currently experiencing in Nigeria is due to extremism and we have an extremist in power as a minister. Does that not bother you?
Well we are in this together

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
Empiree:
Pantami is going nowhere. This is all about christian intolerance. Pantami's here to stay.

CHRISTIANITY destroyed nigerian economy. Ask me why. They are quick to scream "Nigeria is a secular country". Na lie. Yet they have pretty much ceremonially christianized the country. Thanks to the British and Western country.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You are making it look like standing for terrorism is a religion.

This is about standing against evil and Pantami is a sympathizer to evil and Wickedness.

This is not about Christians and Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by abfemi163: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
DarkApostle:
grin

Wailers, give up! #PantamiWillStay.. #PantamiForPresident2023.. cheesy

Northerners leave us alone please
Its not necessary we are 2geda
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Oketwin(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? When Nnamdi Kanu formed IPOB that later metamorphosed into a terrorist group we southerners were supporting him. Kanu was tried and convicted and became a fugitive yet we kept supporting him. Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
ur head need to be examine be disguising a won islamophobia

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Organs(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

It is better you keep quiet than speak using born again about things you don't understand.

A terrorist sympathizer is beyond just doing wrong things. This is about a man who clearly showed respect and love for people who murder and kill people.

Such a person can not hold such sensitive position. No matter how you try to bend it.

Nonsense. That was many years ago. USA, BBC, all the super powers then was against the Military high handedness and treatment of Boko Haram. That was why they became radicalized. Back in the day, Military and Vigilante slaughters anyone "suspected" of being members of boko haram. Search youtube videos you will see them there also search youtube, there are so many videos of pantami debating boko haram members and most of them renounce bokoharam cos of him and he has been threatened by boko haram many times. I am not a fan of Pantami, however, i know its criminals that are against this NIN and SIm registration that are calling for his head. Also, he should come out publicly and state clearly that he renounce those terrorist organisations and that he has nothing to do with them.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by rlcanon: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

MONKEY,YOU ARE BORN THROW WAY NOT A BORN AGAIN USING THE NAME OF THE HOLY GOD IN HYPOCRISY TO COMMITS CRIMES WITH THE BIBLE.YOU ARE BASTARD TO HAVE THE UN=GOD THOUGHT/WRITE UP ON THIS MEDIUM TO COMMENT THAT PATANMI OR PATANI SHOULD BE ALLOW TO BE.YOU CALLED YOURSELF A FAKE BORN AGAIN.MY PRAYER FOR YOU IS TO BE A VICTIM OF EXRA-JUDICIAL KILLINGS OR BETTER STILL,YOU SHALL BE A VICTIM OF MAIMING BY YOUR DEVILS YOU PROMOTE ALL IN THE NAME PARTISIAN,TRIBE,TO HAVE A BITTER PILLS OF OF OTHER VICTIMS.TO SUM IT ALL,YOU ARE BIGOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER OF THE FULANI.

BASTARD DO NOT USE BORN AGAIN TO PREACH ON NAIRALAND

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by tuniski: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Lame lamer lamest.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100990997:
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

You're becoming an irritant. If you've got nothing to say please keep quiet. The thread is about a terrorist sympathiser and not about ENDSARS. You're too old for this display of irrationality

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Stop embarrassing yourself. You are making it look like standing for terrorism is a religion.

This is about standing against evil and Pantami is a sympathizer to evil and Wickedness.

This is not about Christians and Muslims.
this is your opinion. You know nothing. This is what they want you to believe. I know them well. Go and read your christian manual written in 1994. Their evil plans are documented. If you can, if you are a good reader, kindly read this. Please don't come here to tell me it is too long

Pantami and the hypocrisy of his detractors

- By Fredrick Nwabufo

Profiling. Targeting. Scapegoating. In Nigeria, you are more likely to effectuate wry remarks and suspicious stares if you are the prototypical Muslim with full-bred beard, a ‘’decimal point’’ on your forehead – a sign of your devotion to Almighty Allah, and apparelled in modest trousers that stand aloof from the ankle than if you are a Bible-wielding evangelist piercing the dawn quietude of a drowsy neighbourhood with screams and shrieks of ‘’repentance’’.

We live in a country that is autochthonously Christianised. Our ways are Christian. It is commonplace to profile Muslims who hold strong beliefs as ‘’extremists’’ but not Christians who arrogantly profess their beliefs anywhere and everywhere, even commanding obeisance to their faith. I have never heard any Christian described as an extremist – even when some church leaders make galling and inflammatory statements.

In the build-up to the 2015 presidential election, Bishop Oyedepo vowed to open the floodgates of hell on the opponents of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Is this not an incendiary statement – by a man of god? This pastor also physically assaulted a penitent who came to his church for deliverance. But it was excused because he is a Christian leader. Christians are not extremists even when their actions vouchsafe this fact – but any Muslim can be summarily tagged an ‘’extremist?’’ When a Christian leader makes extremist comments, we call it ‘’holy anger’’. It is hypocrisy.

In 2017, the DSS attempted to arrest Pastor Johnson Suleman after he publicly said he asked his security guards to kill any Fulani intruder around his church. He also threatened the government after state agents swooped in on a hotel he took residence in Ekiti. In addition, Pastor Enenche and others in the same phylum have made ungodly threats that border on bigotry and extremism. But they were all palliated – because they are Christian leaders. It is hypocrisy.

Our society is subliminally attuned to certain precepts and ways that are predominantly Christian. Any otherness sets off an alarm. It is societal conditioning. Our society has been conditioned to readily see some people in one divide as ‘’extremists’’ and others in another category as ‘’devotees’’. A conditioning in hypocrisy.

The avalanche of attacks – both sponsored and taxied – against Isa Ibrahim Pantami, minister of communication and digital economy, accents some Nigerians’ atavism and aboriginal hypocrisy. I would not want to dwell on the contents of some videos and abstracts rippling on social media because they have been politically ammunitioned for not kosher ends.

Pantami’s only offence could be that he is a Sheikh heading a vital government ministry. Yes, some bigoted interests find his being a Sheikh in a sensitive public office exasperating. They cannot stand the fact that a notable Muslim leader is the superintendent of a key ministry. But Pantami is not just any Sheikh. He is a technocrat who knows his onions. He is not fish out of water at the ministry of communications. He trained as a computer scientist, obtaining a PhD from Robert Gordon University in Scotland. He bagged sterling credentials from Ivy-league schools like Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He also attended Cambridge in the UK. But bigotry clouds the mind of those who see him as a Sheikh who has no business in the communications ministry.

As a matter of fact, the kindler of the current social media blitz against the minister is beyond ‘’what he said or did not say in the past’’. Some interests in the communications industry who perceive him as impervious to inducement, a non-conformist and a strong character are working in the shadows. Pantami has taken some hard-line-decisions against the industry vultures that are desperate to draw blood. The controversy is a smokescreen to exact vengeance. Nigerians should not unwarily cavort on the playground of this horde.

The truth is for every of Pantami’s detractor, the cause for grouse are interests not being served. The minister is not playing ball, hence, veiled daggers drawn.

Those calling for Pantami’s resignation do not mean well for Nigeria. I believe he should be judged by his stewardship at the ministry of communications — not by his faith. If the social media blitzkrieg against the minister is because of his performance at the ministry, that will be a different matter. But it is not. Pantami is perhaps one of the most resourceful and responsive communications ministers Nigeria has ever had.

Again, the minister should be judged according to his work at the ministry. And he has done a good job of that.

I will not join the multitude to commit murder.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Johnkay225: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? When Nnamdi Kanu formed IPOB that later metamorphosed into a terrorist group we southerners were supporting him. Kanu was tried and convicted and became a fugitive yet we kept supporting him. Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
You don't know the first thing about being a Christian if you ashamed of being called one. Pantami is who he is ,an Islamic extremist. That is his cup of tea, I am not and cannot be against linking my SIM to my NIN. Let's talk about Pantami and stop being ashamed of being a Christian.. There are evil and stupid people everywhere...

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Organs:

Nonsense. That was many years ago. USA, BBC, all the super powers then was against the Military high handedness and treatment of Boko Haram. That was why they became radicalized. Back in the day, Military and Vigilante slaughters anyone "suspected" of being members of boko haram. Search youtube videos you will see them there also search youtube, there are so many videos of pantami debating boko haram members and most of them renounce bokoharam cos of him and he has been threatened by boko haram many times. I am not a fan of Pantami, however, i know its criminals that are against this NIN and SIm registration that are calling for his head. Also, he should come out publicly and state clearly that he renounce those terrorist organisations and that he has nothing to do with them.

Does removing a terrorist sympathizer end the process or close the office?

Many years ago is a terrible excuse. Someone who nursed those feelings shouldn't be holding such a sensitive position.

Simple.

#PantamiOut

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Brushstrokes20: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Useless govt of bloodthirsty terrorists!

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Jirehz(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

You’re a fool
And your Christianity is a waste

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Biafranboys: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
When would zoogerians learn those people do not mean well for the masses, you elect them and they turn around and do what they like

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by racerve(m): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

Ab0ki, park well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aishatu Umar Maigari's 3 Brothers Die In Motor Accident In Gombe (Photos) / Photo:Late General Sani Abacha and MKO Abiola at an event in Lagos in Feb. 1986. / PMB And Deputy Prime Minister Of UAE (Hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.