Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion (44687 Views)

Reject Calls For Pantami’s Resignation - MURIC Tells Buhari / Gbajabiamila Faults Elumelu As Minority Leader Demands Pantami’s Resignation / Elumelu Demands Apology Over Alleged N41bn Fraud, Gives 7 Days Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by pickatyou1: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
What do you expect, our government is run by terrorist.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by GOTVee: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
Johnkay225:

You don't know the first thing about being a Christian if you ashamed of being called one. Pantami is who he is ,an Islamic extremist. That is his cup of tea, I am not and cannot be against linking my SIM to my NIN. Let's talk about Pantami and stop being ashamed of being a Christian.. There are evil and stupid people everywhere...

What proof do you have to call him an extremist? May the holy spirit forgive you
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Elidrisy20: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? When Nnamdi Kanu formed IPOB that later metamorphosed into a terrorist group we southerners were supporting him. Kanu was tried and convicted and became a fugitive yet we kept supporting him. Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
May GOD guide you towards the right path
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by greenguy: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
You really are sick and simply chose to remain daft and blinded to simple reasoning.

Simplyleo:
The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
Empiree:
this is your opinion. You know nothing. This is what they want you to believe. I know them well. Go and read your christian manual written in 1994. Their evil plans are documented. If you can, if you are a good reader, kindly read this. Please don't come here to tell me it is too long

All this one you are talking is tales by moonlight.

Pantami is a terrorist sympathizer that respects murderers. Such a person, whether Christian or Muslim should not hold a sensitive position in a country.

He is a bad image on the country.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

What proof do you have to call him an extremist? May the holy spirit forgive you
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by BinamRex: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have gproblem linking your SIM with your NIN.

It's not about SIM and NIN anymore, you mofo. Before the revelation that Pantami was a terrorist sympathizer, we were complying and linking our SIM to our NIN.

Even if he resigns, he will still link our SIM to our NIN. Why can't you guys see the big picture.

If a Christian was in Pantami's shoes and it was discovered that he was once sympathetic to radical Christians who attacked and beheaded Muslims, you guys would have called for his resignation or sack. Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

All this one you are talking is tales by moonlight.

Pantami is a terrorist sympathizer that respects murderers. Such a person, whether Christian or Muslim should not hold a sensitive position in a country.

He is a bad image on the country.
go and read article I sent you and stop being lazy. It was written by your fellow christian. I am not and can not be fooled into "this is not christian/Muslim" thing. It is because Christians make it so. I'm not falling for your antics

CHRISTIANITY messed up Nigeria economy.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by wiseoneking: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
DarkApostle:
grin

Wailers, give up! #PantamiWillStay.. #PantamiForPresident2023.. cheesy
And he will continue to be a great TURN IN YOUR FLESH. The catastrophy is huge on your side. Sorryoo
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Amwitty(f): 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? When Nnamdi Kanu formed IPOB that later metamorphosed into a terrorist group we southerners were supporting him. Kanu was tried and convicted and became a fugitive yet we kept supporting him. Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad
Trust me you're not a Christian and mind you this has nothing to do with religious sentiment this said man supports Islamic terrorist and you want us to fold our hands and watch him handle such a sensitive office? If I where him I will resign to avoid shame but no he is so selfish just like all the other leaders and will not want to resign, haba na let's do the right thing for once at least, our leaders have taken us for fools for too long.

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Reps motion, Next.....
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
undecided

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Tonyblessed(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

Talking rubbish. Lying that you are a Christian. A Christian would never type this senseless and useless statement you made. Why are you denying your Muslim faith? Don't know who gave you data?

6 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by ArmaniUhuru: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

Oga shut up. Being a Christian doesn’t guarantee you sense. You no get sense.
Is Nnamdi Kanu a government appointee? If NK was a government appointee, do you think he will still be in government with all his agendas? Even Sunday Igboho that the yorubas are supporting is not a minister or government appointee. Their cases are different from the minister’s own. Nobody is calling for Pantami’s head yet. He should just resign from the office because of his religious bigotry.

Mumu dey ask for proof. Go online and do your findings. You are here looking for proof, and the Pantami guy has apologized to Nigerians for all he said in the past.

Go online, google is your friend. Come back here and apologize to nairalanders for supporting Pantami. Mumu

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by MansoryMX(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:

Keep fooling yourself. We know you are not a Christian but one aboki licking cow urine somewhere in Northern Kaduna stroke Kastina State

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by adm212144: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
I like you jawe.you are very sensible not like some religious bigot here on nairaland.God bless you.If it were to be some fools they will say learnt it from Prophet Muhammad;(S.A.W)God bless you

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
Empiree:
go and read article I sent you and stop being lazy. It was written by your fellow christian. I am not and can not be fooled into "this is not christian/Muslim" thing. It is because Christians make it so. I'm not falling for your antics

CHRISTIANITY messed up Nigeria economy.

Christianity has nothing to do with the discussion here. A terrorist sympathizer holds a very sensitive position in the cabinet of the President of Nigeria.

His extremist views are now exposed and he should do the honorable thing and resign.

So talking about economy is tales by moonlight.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by highchief1: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Thank you Ndudi Elumelu for having the balls and guts to speak up.

Igbos will always be in the forefront of canvassing for equity and justice.
hes not igbo he’s a deltan
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by tunary(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Baawaa:
Gbajabiamila is doing Tinubu work,for now they will not support any motion against the Fulani,because of 2023
Your head correct well joor
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by wiseoneking: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
. You better remain a Muslim you are. Nnamdi kanu is the greatest terrorist to you but he's accepted to the extent that Western world are planning granting asylum to his people. That's means he's cherish like MTN: every where you go. Pantami or pantana is a terrorist and can never change his spotted skin like that of the leopard skin. He should be kicked out with immediate effect

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
undecided

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Christianity has nothing to do with the discussion here. A terrorist sympathizer holds a very sensitive position in the cabinet of the President of Nigeria.

His extremist views are now exposed and he should do the honorable thing and resign.

So talking about economy is tales by moonlight.
Pantami and the hypocrisy of his detractors

- By Fredrick Nwabufo

Profiling. Targeting. Scapegoating. In Nigeria, you are more likely to effectuate wry remarks and suspicious stares if you are the prototypical Muslim with full-bred beard, a ‘’decimal point’’ on your forehead – a sign of your devotion to Almighty Allah, and apparelled in modest trousers that stand aloof from the ankle than if you are a Bible-wielding evangelist piercing the dawn quietude of a drowsy neighbourhood with screams and shrieks of ‘’repentance’’.

We live in a country that is autochthonously Christianised. Our ways are Christian. It is commonplace to profile Muslims who hold strong beliefs as ‘’extremists’’ but not Christians who arrogantly profess their beliefs anywhere and everywhere, even commanding obeisance to their faith. I have never heard any Christian described as an extremist – even when some church leaders make galling and inflammatory statements.

In the build-up to the 2015 presidential election, Bishop Oyedepo vowed to open the floodgates of hell on the opponents of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Is this not an incendiary statement – by a man of god? This pastor also physically assaulted a penitent who came to his church for deliverance. But it was excused because he is a Christian leader. Christians are not extremists even when their actions vouchsafe this fact – but any Muslim can be summarily tagged an ‘’extremist?’’ When a Christian leader makes extremist comments, we call it ‘’holy anger’’. It is hypocrisy.

In 2017, the DSS attempted to arrest Pastor Johnson Suleman after he publicly said he asked his security guards to kill any Fulani intruder around his church. He also threatened the government after state agents swooped in on a hotel he took residence in Ekiti. In addition, Pastor Enenche and others in the same phylum have made ungodly threats that border on bigotry and extremism. But they were all palliated – because they are Christian leaders. It is hypocrisy.

Our society is subliminally attuned to certain precepts and ways that are predominantly Christian. Any otherness sets off an alarm. It is societal conditioning. Our society has been conditioned to readily see some people in one divide as ‘’extremists’’ and others in another category as ‘’devotees’’. A conditioning in hypocrisy.

The avalanche of attacks – both sponsored and taxied – against Isa Ibrahim Pantami, minister of communication and digital economy, accents some Nigerians’ atavism and aboriginal hypocrisy. I would not want to dwell on the contents of some videos and abstracts rippling on social media because they have been politically ammunitioned for not kosher ends.

Pantami’s only offence could be that he is a Sheikh heading a vital government ministry. Yes, some bigoted interests find his being a Sheikh in a sensitive public office exasperating. They cannot stand the fact that a notable Muslim leader is the superintendent of a key ministry. But Pantami is not just any Sheikh. He is a technocrat who knows his onions. He is not fish out of water at the ministry of communications. He trained as a computer scientist, obtaining a PhD from Robert Gordon University in Scotland. He bagged sterling credentials from Ivy-league schools like Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He also attended Cambridge in the UK. But bigotry clouds the mind of those who see him as a Sheikh who has no business in the communications ministry.

As a matter of fact, the kindler of the current social media blitz against the minister is beyond ‘’what he said or did not say in the past’’. Some interests in the communications industry who perceive him as impervious to inducement, a non-conformist and a strong character are working in the shadows. Pantami has taken some hard-line-decisions against the industry vultures that are desperate to draw blood. The controversy is a smokescreen to exact vengeance. Nigerians should not unwarily cavort on the playground of this horde.

The truth is for every of Pantami’s detractor, the cause for grouse are interests not being served. The minister is not playing ball, hence, veiled daggers drawn.

Those calling for Pantami’s resignation do not mean well for Nigeria. I believe he should be judged by his stewardship at the ministry of communications — not by his faith. If the social media blitzkrieg against the minister is because of his performance at the ministry, that will be a different matter. But it is not. Pantami is perhaps one of the most resourceful and responsive communications ministers Nigeria has ever had.

Again, the minister should be judged according to his work at the ministry. And he has done a good job of that.

I will not join the multitude to commit murder.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Pristane: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
I am concerned with your words that you are a Christian. You didn't sound like one. What you wrote is terribly biased. Is it only Christian that is asking for his resignation? Even if it is, is it not also right for people from other religion allow proper check on what could become national security if found to be true? If the story is just the past issue and that he had repented then we let him be.

Are you saying President Buhari is a perfect man who could not have employed him in error?

Everybody has past, yes. Let the right people do the necessary investigation on Pantami, if he is found wanting let him go and if he is clean let him stay. Don't just discard the complain of the public. If we continue with this bias attitude Nigeria will never grow.

But we all know that many Nigerian are selfish and self centered. When an issue is affecting the public and one Nigerian alone is benefitting from the issue, he or she won't like investigation and truth. Such will not want it to be checked.

GOTVee:
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Cnach: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Teewhy2:
This HOR and Senate is just saying and doing things the presidency want they don't care about the citizens.
That's bc they don't care about u but their political growth. and if there would be no way to rig elections they would cared about u, and also they already know that Las Las na buy they go buy ur votes

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Empiree:
Pantami and the hypocrisy of his detractors

Again, the minister should be judged according to his work at the ministry. And he has done a good job of that.

I will not join the multitude to commit murder.

An extremist sympathizer holding such position is wrong and is a bad light to the current administration.

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Letthrmsay(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Viknat:
We aren't against nin. We are against sensitive info being in d hands of one time jihadists

Let me give u small sense,all Igbos are igbo,but not all Igbos are ipob,but sympathetic to ipob ideas,right ? Ditto Hausas/Fulani to banditry? If u agreed,how are u sure the next person won't b a fanatical Muslim too? Since Buhari will replace him with his brother, Enough of noise making.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by GOTVee: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
ArmaniUhuru:

Oga shut up. Being a Christian doesn’t guarantee you sense. You no get sense.
Is Nnamdi Kanu a government appointee? If NK was a government appointee, do you think he will still be in government with all his agendas? Even Sunday Igboho that the yorubas are supporting is not a minister or government appointee. Their cases are different from the minister’s own. Nobody is calling for Pantami’s head yet. He should just resign from the office because of his religious bigotry.

Mumu dey ask for proof. Go online and do your findings. You are here looking for proof, and the Pantami guy has apologized to Nigerians for all he said in the past.

Go online, google is your friend. Come back here and apologize to nairalanders for supporting Pantami. Mumu

You are a rude boy. I'm not your mate. I'm 49 years old and I've been born again since 1987. May the holy spirit forgive you
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Mokason288(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.
How old are you?

And who told you any Nigerian both straight and criminals have any problems with linking of sim?

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by NinjaMetahuman: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Thank you Ndudi Elumelu for having the balls and guts to speak up.

Igbos will always be in the forefront of canvassing for equity and justice.
but when it's against your tribe, it is witch hunt abi?
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
undecided

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Grandmeister(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
3coins:

How has this become an Igbo vs Nigeria issue? Why have we made tribalism blind us like this? Do you put your hate for Ibos ahead of the love for your country. Can’t you see the favoritism going on in this country? It was still the same you that created a thread talking about your safety traveling by road from Lagos to ilorin? The insecurity problems we are currently experiencing in Nigeria is due to extremism and we have an extremist in power as a minister. Does that not bother you?
Well we are in this together
You sound so passionate but naive..I say so because you think the moniker you quoted loved Nigeria. You think you’re in this together with who you quoted? Fulanis don’t give a flying fvck about the well-being of Nigeria. They are in it to milk all the resources dry. Learn to investigate the post history of the monikers here before thinking they can be redeemed by reason.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Cnach: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100990997:
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?

What have you said about that Massacre?!

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

Mind how u support evil it is not a legacy. hope u know revenge and tribalism is the reason y Nigeria is not growing and the same revenge and tribalism(siding a part) is what u have been encouraging so far. pls do stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ganduje Visit Dangote Tomato Farm In Kano (Photo) / Governor Nyesom Wike Goes Shopping With His Wife (Photos) / Aishatu Umar Maigari's 3 Brothers Die In Motor Accident In Gombe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.