Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion (44641 Views)

Reject Calls For Pantami’s Resignation - MURIC Tells Buhari / Gbajabiamila Faults Elumelu As Minority Leader Demands Pantami’s Resignation / Elumelu Demands Apology Over Alleged N41bn Fraud, Gives 7 Days Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by DarkApostle: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
The Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Ndudi Elumelu, on Wednesday, urged the House to demand resignation or sack of the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, for once backing activities of Jihadist leaders and deadly Islamic sects.

Pantami has been under fire for once preaching the violent cause of extremist Islamist sects and Jihadist narratives of al-Qaeda and the Taliban before he became a minister in the cabinet of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

At the plenary on Wednesday, Elumelu raised a point of order to demand that the House acts on the issue. He particularly demanded the minister’s resignation or sack.

The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, however, overruled the Minority Leader, noting that Elumelu came under the matter and the matter being raised had nothing to do with his privilege as a lawmaker.

“Your point of order is noted,” Gbajabiamila said and hit the gavel.

The plenary has since moved to other items on the House’ agenda.

https://punchng.com/elumelu-demands-pantamis-resignation-gbajabiamila-blocks-motion/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by DarkApostle: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
grin

Wailers, give up! #PantamiWillStay.. #PantamiForPresident2023.. cheesy

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Ammishaddai: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Public outcry will still sound louder than any gavel

309 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by SpatialKing(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Interesting times

6 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Simplyleo: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Baawaa(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gbajabiamila is doing Tinubu work,for now they will not support any motion against the Fulani,because of 2023

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Simplyleo: 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
Baawaa:
Gbajabiamila is doing Tinubu work
You mean Tinubu is now in charge?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by nero2face: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
I trust Nigerians sha, whether Gbaja oppose or not, Pantami will step down or get sacked soonest...people will continue to raise the issue until even Buhari can't bear the pressure...terrorist minister

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Zmark: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, however, overruled the Minority Leader, noting that Elumelu came under the matter and the matter being raised had nothing to do with his privilege as a lawmaker.
Imagine the response the man is giving, are you not suppose to look into the matter as it concerns a religious extremist.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by slimfit1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
The speaker has always been someone we can not rely on.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Johnkay01: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gbaja want to go down with PATAHARAM

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Teewhy2: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
This HOR and Senate is just saying and doing things the presidency want they don't care about the citizens.

Do you need to do a roof parapet?
Are you building on a water logged land?
Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/17

8 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Ahamefuna0001(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you Ndudi Elumelu for having the balls and guts to speak up.

Igbos will always be in the forefront of canvassing for equity and justice.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gbajiabambiala, will always live to his name. Fear Islamabad

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?

What have you said about that Massacre?!

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

10 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by crossfm: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Terrorists has no business with governance.

He should do the needful by stepping down.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by inoki247: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
lol..

see that one crying up there what doz linking NiN have to du with someone resignation or been sacked...

NiN don dey exist before he waz appointed so the compulsory implementation will still continue...

so why you guys love the terrorist na him i never understand. n

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by ScamHunter: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Of course, they'll block it. The guy has even proven a worthy successor. My projection is that he, Malami or El Rufai would take over from Buhari in 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by ozark(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Faber(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good... No one leaves..

No one should resign. They must enter the pit of destruction together. The same way they came.

His resignation is more like running away for me.
Let him stay jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Akfrenzy(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
grin Ajajabeermill let it not be what am thinking bcuz Terrorists hardly excommunicate it's own because they share the same radical beliefs and ideology

6 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by edo3(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
When u look at gbajabiamila shape of head,,it reminds me of some snitch we had as a coursemates back then...They can never be taken seriously.. Always for their selfish gains..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by jospepper(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Rubber stamp, never on the side of the national good.

9 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by temmytee2309: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
If Shekau(oga patapata for bokoharam) joins APC today, all his sins will be forgiven
grin

7 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by nairalandankrah: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Terrorists!! At the helm of affairs

7 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by SouthSouth1914: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pantami should step down honorably! The senate president is also an accomplice! Association of terrorists! Things are becoming clearer by the day..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by LeeSantos(m): 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
When I have wealthy.. I won't interfere in Nigeria politics.. Bigger countries have tried helping this country in all ways, but still not fruitful.

I will just be in my sitting room watching Tom and Jerry.

We haven't heard from Mike Adenuga, and the likes talk bout things affecting this country, better person, not his business

5 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by franchasng: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
Muslim terrorists controlling affairs of Nigerians.

I don't blame these dull, lanky, fanatic Muslim terrorists ruling over smarter Nigerians, I blame Yorubas for every ill in Nigeria because it is Yoruba people's greed for crude oil and to continue to use Igbos to shine and do paddy paddy with Hausa-Fulanis that kept Nigeria where it is today.

18 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by chikason22(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.
Terrorists always support their own.

40 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu On Imo Prison Break: "No Nigerian Deserves To Be In Prison" / Boko Haram Leader Speaks: "Our Aim Is To Spread Islam All Over Nigeria: " / President Buhari Set For US Trip on Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.