Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70302 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by rex444(m): 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Wow even in the church .....how can a Catholic Christian still not be saved People wey bring religion for us eh...ee no go better for them
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by royal231(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Mumu girl
. Go find Jesus Marry

5 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by amokeme(f): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
The bold has led many people into regret and boundge. Understand that people have their lives to live. YOU are the one that will be in the marriage with that man, not the people whose opinion you are worried about.

Please dear, marriage shouldn't be a joke, it should be enjoyable with someone you'll be at peace with. Everyother person will be alright

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
This is what happens when you worship anything European

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by livingchrist: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
Misterone:
Trash everywhere you look. being religious does not mean you will be a good wife / husband or your marriage Would be happy. I have been married for 9 years now. I don't go to Church but my wife is a holy ghost worrior in Church. Initially she wanted to cajole me, I told her not to create problems where there was non and that she should be praying for me not trying to force me. Since then we have never had any quarrels. See, the thing is you cannot change a leopard's Spots. You learn to live with it. If we start pointing fingers at our imperfections, then we cannot live together. be happy with the positives. The OP is not perfect, She has so many flaws. If her man starts pointing them out, I bet She go run. Tolerate others.

You cant shy away from the truth religion is an important marital criteria that shouldnt be overlooked @bold I pity for your wife,she is carrying load she is not suppose to carry, your wife is certainly not happy for your condition , do you know as you are satan can just make use of you any time he wishes? I laugh, yes sir you cant change a leopard's skin that is why you should let the leopard go instead of endangering your life.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by lalalista: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please give me his number let me marry him

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by gotnel: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Spiritual life is personal to every individual.
How about other aspects of his life? Characters, his views on life generally.
Catholics church is not bad, if he is a practical member of the church.
If you have something else that baffles you about his life style, then, you can review your relationship with him.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by weslay: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
Shawty is catching feelings for another dude in her church. Do ur thing, Mhiz.
That brother deserves better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad
He is not as spiritual as she is.
And many people take that as a big deal.

Read and understand.

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisifeanyi:
Go and marry chosen member so you two go dey wear apron like mad people. Save ko saviour ni. Those of them that will come with a very heavy bible can even be the worse. They will hide under I'm a born again to perpetuate evil.
That is wrong mentality.

I know very spiritual sisters that will never marry someone that is not very spiritual like them.

There are sisters like that in every church, including the new generation churches like Christ embassy.

I have wooed two like that and Dem no gree.

Said I am not serious enough with the things of God.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Bola146(f): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

Read and understand.

Thanks Mr Read and write

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by annayawchee: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Here we go again...

All I see is a religious fanatic..

Leave the guy alone and go get a fall and die nigga like yourself

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by bobkezel(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Na brainwash dey worry you.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Deicide: 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
from what I read it seems like the op is mentally unstable

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GiantParrot(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

Read and understand.

Do you have any metrics for this spirituality you refer to? So people can understand things better.

7 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ishilove: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I would have made same comments like others if I haven’t been studying my Bible and working on knowing God more.

I share same view with you, though I’ll never condemn anyone based on his or her beliefs or religion. If you are not at peace with this decision, pray to God and ask Him for a sign. He will definitely show you many signs.

Also what ever leaves you confused and doesn’t gives you peace, it’s enough to be concerned about and God is not an Author of Confusion.
Mugnmuffin, nothing to add to this post.

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
GiantParrot:

Do you have any metrics for this spirituality you refer to? So people can understand things better.
For example, Someone that goes to every night vigil organised by their Church, fast often, prays often, and pays every seed offering, versus someone that only goes to church every Sunday during mass and rarely prays.

Surely, you can see the difference in spirituality.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GiantParrot(m): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

For example, Someone that goes to every night vigil organised by their Church, fast often, prays often, and pays every seed offering, versus someone that only goes to church every Sunday during mass and rarely prays.

Thanks for your response. I believe I get your meaning. If I understand you correctly, devoting lots of time to prayer, fasting, church attendance, offerings and so on are the substantive measures of spirituality, because they're evidences of devotion to the things of God, right?

If I may ask, would you also view prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpreting visions as additional substantive measures of spirituality?

6 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
GiantParrot:

Thanks for your response. I believe I get your meaning. If I understand you correctly, devoting lots of time to prayer, fasting, church attendance, offerings and so on are the substantive measures of spirituality, because they're evidences of devotion to the things of God, right?

If I may ask, would you also view prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpreting visions as additional substantive measures of spirituality?
All join na.

As a Pentecostal sister that she claimed to be, ofcourse, those are signs of spirituality.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2021
@mugnmuffin

While there's nothing wrong settling with a Catholic, there's every room to take major decisions from God and back out when He's not in the picture, concerning your current stature.

Like I said there's nothing wrong settling with him or any Christian but there are certain decisions depending on your walk with God you cannot take, especially in cases like this. Why?

Certain people have been set aside for strategic missions, their life patterns have followed certain constrains and training to equip them for such task, for some of those people, God will require them to settle with someone He has equally worked on, for such mission to be successful, not bkos there's anything wrong with others, but function have classified those that person can settle down with.

A natural believer cannot understand this, this is for those who have sold their soul to JESUS, giving Him the right of way to find expression with your body on earth for His glory.

This is what separates people God mightily uses versus those who are just nominal.

Back to the topic, verify that God is not part of it first, and this you do by vetting your peace with someone who is equally grounded and loves God, more importantly with a good track record. At this level God cannot keep you confused, he will send help.

How to know God's will is through.

1. Peace of mind

2. Divine revelation

3. Prophecy (from individuals with credible track record pls)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GiantParrot(m): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

All join na.

As a Pentecostal sister that she claimed to be, ofcourse, those are signs of spirituality.

Good. We're on the same page so far.

So, on the matter Spirituality measured via devotion to the things of God, the Catholic church typically holds daily Mass, meaning there's ample opportunity for devotion. On prayer, I'll quote verbatim from the catechism of the catholic church 2744 and 2745

2744 Prayer is a vital necessity. Proof from the contrary is no less convincing: if we do not allow the Spirit to lead us, we fall back into the slavery of sin. How can the Holy Spirit be our life if our heart is far from him

2745 Prayer and Christian life are inseparable, for they concern the same love and the same renunciation, proceeding from love; the same filial and loving conformity with the Father's plan of love; the same transforming union in the Holy Spirit who conforms us more and more to Christ Jesus; the same love for all men, the love with which Jesus has loved us. "Whatever you ask the Father in my name, he [will] give it to you. This I command you, to love one another."41 He "prays without ceasing" who unites prayer to works and good works to prayer. Only in this way can we consider as realizable the principle of praying without ceasing.42

On steadfast bible study, the catechism says this in 133: ​The Church "forcefully and specifically exhorts all the Christian faithful. . . to learn the surpassing knowledge of Jesus Christ, by frequent reading of the divine Scriptures. Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.

I apologize if this feels long. The point I want to drive at with all I have written so far is that: if devotion to prayer and other church devotions are the measures of spirituality, then the Catholic Church isn't the problem in this lady's situation, because the Church requires steadfast devotion as stated in the official doctrines available to anyone who is interested in truth.

Now, what if I told you that none of what we've discussed so far constitute substantive measures of spirituality? Would that sound silly to you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
If he's a devoted catholist, you can still consider him. Though there's still going to be little differences and clashes in your religious beliefs and practices. I know because I was born a Catholic. You'll also revert back to being a Catholic once he marries you. Are you ready to go back?

If you know you can cope with all that change and going back, it's up to you. Otherwise retract any plans from going ahead because You can't change a man. Don't try and make that mistake to avoid stories that touch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by AutoChick4U(f): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Stay there dey mumu yourself. Are you saying a catholic can't raise good kids? Better run your heavenly race and leave d rest to God. Na Una type dem go deceive with holy holy only to discover a beast after wedding.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
This Op don they eye another brother for her present church or one pastor don they toast make her see a reason to leave her current fiance. Don't be deceive shine your eye, she just validation to justify her decision. Those going to Catholic are not Christian but sinners isorite.

11 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by AutoChick4U(f): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

Let everyone pray their own prayer. Nigerians dey carry kini for head like gala.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Let everyone pray their own prayer. Nigerians dey carry kini for head like gala.
Would you want to marry a man that does not complement your sexual libido?

Are you going to say let him do what little he can do and stop.?

It is the same for her. She needs a man that complements her spiritual libido.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by AutoChick4U(f): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
CSTRR:

Would you want to marry a man that does not complement your sexual libido?

Are you going to say let him do what little he can do and stop.?

It is the same for her. She needs a man that complements her spiritual libido.

And there is nothing wrong with that.
Husband scarce o
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Husband scarce o
I know my dear.

But for some people, compatible spirituality is a very big deal for them.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Dapson73(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
I see no point here. So I concluded you have gotten someone you think he's better than the said guy

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Qatar2022: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad
Good question and a very nice point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics) / My New Boyfriend Is Already Hinting For Sex / Lady Kneels Down To Accept Boyfriend's Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.