Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,783 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70262 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by bull67: 1:23am On Jun 24, 2021
these pentecostal born again people get problem.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by OyinNurse(f): 1:31am On Jun 24, 2021
Just sit down with your lover and agree on whether to raise the kiddos as Catholics or Pentecostals and proceed with the marriage. I really don't see any problem here.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 24, 2021
zed7:
If your only complaint is that he isn't a fanatic then you have no problem.
A well behaved moralist is better off than a religious fanatic without morals.

No sir
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Clinton207: 1:31am On Jun 24, 2021
Kindly pray about it, also take him to your pastor.

Thanks
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by incendiesneo3: 1:34am On Jun 24, 2021
Kindly pray about it, also take him to your pastor.Thanks

Learn How To Make N200,000-N400,000 Monthly Selling Free Ebooks Online
Its a 100% FREE Class Hosted on Telegram.

To Join Click on the Join Link Below

JOIN GROUP
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by blacknoir: 1:34am On Jun 24, 2021
After introduction u are seeing red flags? Even be4 the introduction wasn't he lukewarm? Nawa o 4 u

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:34am On Jun 24, 2021
Ask him if he's not comfortable with ur pentecostal. The answer will solve d puzzle.

You should know that it's easier to convert a muslim into christianity than convince a Catholic into a pentecostal.

Separate religion from marriage and face the reality. You either choose to go with ur newfound denomination or learn to combine ur marriage sojourn with ur faith. Period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
may I have his pH number? I need to correct him in the ways of the Lord grin

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by linearity: 1:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Why are you trying to make the same mistake twice over a single guy?

First you regret and blame yourself for not first asking God before you told him...I do.

Now, instead of going back to ask God, how to undo...the I do, you are here asking Nairaland.

Are testing us to see if what we will tell you will line up with what God have told you, or you are using us as the last Bus stop before going to God or you don’t like what God have told you and you are here trying to second guess him?

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrincessGlow: 1:38am On Jun 24, 2021
infogenius:

Good u're seeing properly now and not when you are married.

If u're not spiritually connected, kindly end the relationship.
Spirituality is far more important than physical attributes.

If only many youths can see this way before getting married

Here's the problem: spirituality changes and evolves. It shouldn't but it does. Years from now this same lady may wane while the man becomes stronger or they become equal.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Penguin2: 1:38am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

I’m sure by now you have been convinced to accept that you will be the most stupid person of the year if you leave a man that loves you because of the lies they tell you at your mushroom church.

By saying you gave your life to Christ when you joined Pentecostalism, are you suggesting that the baptism of the Catholic Church is invalid?

Who are you to judge who is a true Christian and who is not?

I feel so angry at you right now.

The truth is that the young man doesn’t deserve to been yorked with someone like you who has exchanged her brains with religious fundamentalism and stupid lies told u by pastors.

Sorry!

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wirinet(m): 1:40am On Jun 24, 2021
alexvic12:
I perfectly understand you. Please, take time to pray and seek God's face.

WE MARRY FOR KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT AND NOT FOR ONLY LOVE!

If he doesn't think being a Christian goes deeper than the 'normal Christian life' that most people lead, please pause or even call off the wedding.

Forget about age or pressure; focus on God.

He will send his choice to you. Remember, WE MARRY FOR KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT AND NOT FOR ONLY LOVE!!

And you did not have this advice for pastor Chris Oyakhilome, pastor Chris Okotie or numerous pastors or G.Os who divorced their wives few years after marriage.

Then what will you say about uncountable number of Muslim to Christian marriages.

Religion in Africa has became a vehicle for hatred instead of love.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by simplesearch: 1:43am On Jun 24, 2021
You should be telling this to God or your pastor at this stage not bringing it to Nairaland for discussion and debate, as many here don't understand what you're really saying. The Holy spirit may be warning you against unequal your and that rightly so. Not about condemning anyone or any denomination but those few points of concern you raised are legitimate. Kindly go to God in prayers and ask him the way forward and the boldness to do his will. If God is the one telling you to quit the relationship and you refuse, oh, how much I pity you for lack of peace and the attendant trouble you may have to put up with after
your wedding to him. Just obey the Leading of the Lord, if he's leading you against unequal yoke in marriage, please listen and save yourself from future suffering and regret.

5 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by abbey621(m): 1:43am On Jun 24, 2021
Shiloh is smiling at you and you're smiling back, Erin e pami keke, how old are you? Because I believe you never 40, maybe by the time you're 40 sense will make its way back to you.....SISTA MARIA grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Lexusgs430: 1:44am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So if you asked your God, would he/she tweet/email/WhatsApp the response?

Do you think Chris Oyakhilome, did not ask his God, prior to marrying his ex wife ??

Religion, the opium of the masses..... Used to hoodwink and place them in bondage.........
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by nairanaira12: 1:44am On Jun 24, 2021
donephi:
Talk to him about it. You can get him born again.

So, being a Catholic means he isn't born again?

What a joke Bourne of spiritual arrogance.

It will surprise you that many of you fake Pentecostals will burn in hell, while many of the Catholics, White garment church members you love to condemn will make it to heaven

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Pulsenaija: 1:45am On Jun 24, 2021
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrincessGlow: 1:47am On Jun 24, 2021
wirinet:

And you did not have this advice for pastor Chris Oyakhilome, pastor Chris Okotie or numerous pastors or G.Os who divorced their wives few years after marriage.

Then what will you say about uncountable number of Muslim to Christian marriages.

Religion in Africa has became a vehicle for hatred instead of love.

Not only that, all these GO's credibly accused of rapes and all sorts of wayo miracles.
mugnmuffin focus on the person, not the church the person belongs to, or what the person says

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by JOACHINpedro: 1:49am On Jun 24, 2021
As a Catholic I would advice you to do your thingy. Enough of following the crowd that won't be with you in marriage.
I'm suspecting the dude no dey play with knacks. grin
Like I said, break-up while you still can. Since all of us don agree say Love no dey hold marriage again and you fit no tolerate him after marriage due to spiritual reasons, abegi break-up. Don't marry out of pity.

Life simple jareh
Anyways I care not about you nor the guy, I'm more concerned about the innocent offspring from una. We don't need more psychological confused children around.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by temptnow: 1:50am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

As a Catholic, this is one big insult I have ever seen. So cos he's a Catholic, he's not a born again. I pray he dumps you half way, cos it's obvious to everyone that your younger sister have more sense than you, that's why she's married and you're not

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Trustedpronet: 1:51am On Jun 24, 2021
You might have to go to heaven to marry one of the angels.

You are not telling us the truth, possibly you have started seeing someone in that your Pentecostal church.

So it was Satan you gave your life to when you were in Catholic. Since you usually ask God everything, please help us ask him what killed Tb Joshua.

You need to relax and re-evaluate your life and please try to be drinking a lot water it helps regulate mental stability.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Buksaylor: 1:52am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

I wish I knew the guy... would have advised him that he's making a mistake marrying a hypocrite like you...

Keep decieving yourself...the guy is even better than you...

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by shekauvsbuhari: 1:52am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

. Young girl I think you are about to make a terrible mistake that most immature Christians make. If your man is a laid back Christian as you said but at least he is morally upright and you are compatible and he doesn't interfere in your Christian Life, let him be. Everyone has his own time of upgrading in spiritual things. By the time you marry all those hypocrite that pretend to be Christians, you would regret. As for praying about it to get answer from God, I would ask you, Have you matured enough spiritually to be able to differentiate between the voice of God, the voice of the devil and the voice of your soul? If you have not, then don't fool yourself into that. The devil can easily deceive you by giving you fake answer and you will call it Gods answer. Marry your man my dear.

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ndipe(m): 1:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Catholics believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior. Hasnt he acknowledged this truth in his life or are you discriminating against him because he is not a pentecostal?

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wirinet(m): 1:53am On Jun 24, 2021
PrincessGlow:

Not only that, all these GO's credibly accused of rapes and all sorts of wayo miracles.
mugnmuffin focus on the person, not the church the person belongs to, or what the person says
Me I be atheist, my wife na Pentecostal. And we have been happily married for over 10 years with no problem.

Marriage and relationships in general should be based on love, respect and compromise. You don't need to force everyone to follow your beliefs and views to feel happy about yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by philfrey08: 1:53am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So Catholics are not Christains?

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Carlmax(m): 1:53am On Jun 24, 2021
You have been deceived.... Go back to the catholic church and dig deeper, watch YouTube videos of catholic apologetics like Scott Hann etc. to learn more about the catholic faith.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by omoregie7968: 1:54am On Jun 24, 2021
Girl, you are doom I swear. Please leave that church you are attending or else you will forever be doomed.

So because he's a Catholic means he's not born again?

You are a foolish girl I swear

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by bull67: 1:55am On Jun 24, 2021
G.Os and pastors, Imams are the problem in nigeria. In the 50s,60,70, most nigerians marry from other religion and later if they like they cross over, some do not. The country was moving in a good direction. Then their where not so many places of worship because everybody had a job. There where many proffesionals, tectnicians e.t.c. the unemployment wasvery low. But now in the era of religion where people dont want to work but expecting manna from heaven it has turned so manny nigerians to be useless. And the useless ones take religion has a proffession to decieve people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MadamExcellency: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Don't listen to all these inexperienced touts on Nairaland with thuggish characters. They cannot relate with you because to them your feelings, future and happiness aren't their business. It is world apart.

Call off the process but not the man. Explain to him why it wouldn't work and still maintain friendship and not relationship.

The Lord is your strength.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by JerryQ: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

It's a hard place to be.

I would advice you talk to him about your concerns and fears. Then come to a definite conclusion on How the spiritual atmosphere should be in your home if you both agree to marry. Which church to attend, which church your kids will attend, their baptism and dedication, his notion about you leading the kids to Christ in the future, His Perception about being born again. What you now believe vs what he still believes, where you defer and where you are the same.

Catholics too get born again and saved, can you ask him why he isn't if he isn't? Don't also forget to talk to your heavenly father about this, he still wants to discuss it with you, Not too late.

There are many born again christianns who are still babes and will be more problematic to deal with than some so called unbelievers who have excellent morals and characters. So, don't just look for born again, look for born again and well behaved.

Wishing you the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Young Man Marries Older Oyinbo Woman In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / 2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.