Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70306 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by kehnton(m): 1:59am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

You’ll regret it if you loose him.
Both of you are allowing foreign religious beliefs to rule your life. Love don’t have religion. Neither does faith or righteousness.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by xeju: 2:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Eduboy1990:
my advice is if you can change him ,go ahead with the marriage , since you are a female I believe you can do it with power of GOD,but if he is a male please quit the marriage, because a woman can change a man but a man can never change a woman
You're high, just writing rubbish

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wirinet(m): 2:03am On Jun 24, 2021
bull67:
G.Os and pastors, Imams are the problem in nigeria. In the 50s,60,70, most nigerians marry from other religion and later if they like they cross over, some do not. The country was moving in a good direction. Then their where not so many places of worship because everybody had a job. There where many proffesionals, tectnicians e.t.c. the unemployment wasvery low. But now in the era of religion where people dont want to work but expecting manna from heaven it has turned so manny nigerians to be useless. And the useless ones take religion has a proffession to decieve people.

If you do a research you will discover that there is a correlation between the degrading moral fabric of the Nigerian society and rise of religiosity in Nigeria. In the 60s and 70s before the rise of Pentecostalism, we had good moral values. There was love between neighbours no matter the tribe or religion. Pentecostalism breeds greed, hatred and hypocrisy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrincessGlow: 2:04am On Jun 24, 2021
wirinet:

Me I be atheist, my wife na Pentecostal. And we have been happily married for over 10 years with no problem.

Marriage and relationships in general should be based on love, respect and compromise. You don't need to force everyone to follow your beliefs and views to feel happy about yourself.

Opposites attract. You probably "envy" each other at some level - you, her faith; she, your "freedom"

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Cappoditutti: 2:05am On Jun 24, 2021
You ask God about everything but why are you asking Nairalanders about the most important thing in your life?

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Icon79(m): 2:06am On Jun 24, 2021
My beloved sister, the Bible says “ Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness?” 2 Corinthians 6:14.

And as someone already posted, a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage.

O pari

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrinceMajestic: 2:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Dirty religious extremist bitch. These are the type that are sex slaves to pastors, it is the guy that will be in problem if he marries a stupid dumb fanatic like you. Girls like this irritates me to the bone

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by udemzyudex(m): 2:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Funny
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Regex: 2:06am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

I will advise you with the experience my mum went through.

You see, when my mum was off age to get married, she was looking for a true born again Christian, a man who walks like God and talks like God. A man without dent in his Christian life, nothing else mattered except he serves God.

Well, my father a guy man, who somehow have seen my mother without her knowing, decided to be that very man. A brother whom she met in church became her husband. Then my mother had suitors able to take care of her financially, sexually and otherwise but she didn't oblige to anyone. Long story short, dad is a deadbeat, mum is single mother and I grew up without a father figure present.

If he checks out every other way, you both are compatible and have the same goals (i.e having children) go ahead and marry him. Otherwise, pause.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by udemzyudex(m): 2:07am On Jun 24, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
Dirty religious extremist bitch. These are the type that are sex slaves to pastors, it is the guy that will be in problem if he marries a stupid dumb fanatic like you. Girls like this irritates me to the bone

Lol.. I was even thinking it's something serious.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nikeruka(m): 2:08am On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=binary007 post=103011363]You dated for 3 years and you are just getting convinced that he isn't the one after introduction?

[Dont mind her, one pentecostal brother is already deceiving her]

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wirinet(m): 2:09am On Jun 24, 2021
PrincessGlow:

Opposites attract. You probably "envy" each other at some level - you, her faith; she, your "freedom"
Na no "envy" whatsoever. We just allow each other to express themselves spiritually, the way it makes you happy.

My mum is Catholic and she gets along very well with my wife. Some Sundays my mum takes the children to Catholic mass. Some Sundays my wife takes them to winners chapel. Me I go to work on Sundays after dropping them off in church.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ashirioluwa: 2:09am On Jun 24, 2021
There is discrimination everywhere even among Christians.

But who told you that you are more holier than him. The man you are referring to is a Christian like you?

I don’t buy this your excuse. Just tell us that you just find yourself a new man.

It will be better if this guy can dump your ass before you ruined his life.

Just imagine this lady is God
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Udodiri01: 2:10am On Jun 24, 2021
According to statistics, husband in Nigeria will be scarce in 2023....just marry b4 that time...
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Grucho1(m): 2:11am On Jun 24, 2021
Eduboy1990:
my advice is if you can change him ,go ahead with the marriage , since you are a female I believe you can do it with power of GOD,but if he is a male please quit the marriage, because a woman can change a man but a man can never change a woman
what is this one saying ??"male, female"??ur write up is as confuse as you are when it comes to matters of spirituality.....
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Pedyson: 2:11am On Jun 24, 2021
It might be a Stop.
Raalsalghul:
Can someone tell what the red flags are?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Berezuski: 2:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Since you claimed you have be saved, and you now have breakfast with Jesus, why haven't you been able to convince your Jesus to change your man to your desired spiritual nuisance?
You go suffer eh
Wayward girl

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Jonra(m): 2:12am On Jun 24, 2021
There's something fundamentally wrong with your understanding of salvation�

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Weneda(m): 2:13am On Jun 24, 2021
Madam, if u even make any decision of living him u will regret ur actions i tell u. Does he worship idol, just say he needs to grow spiritual. I have seen many couples like u but they handle it maturely. Don't even force him to join ur pentecostal church, he will do it willingly if he wants to. But you should know we are worshipping thesame God. Women are more religious than men is a fact!

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrinceMajestic: 2:14am On Jun 24, 2021
udemzyudex:

Lol.. I was even thinking it's something serious.
very useless girl. This type will be fuckin and worshipping her pastor like all Nigerian churchy girls and will believe any crap her pastor say about her husband. When I was Christian I only prefer Catholic. The bitch says she gave her life to christ by leaving catholic for the most insane religious occultic, evil n deceitful churches where they call the scammers "daddy" and give them free pussy any time, I hate this people so much. I am so pissed for even reading it. The red light she talks about means differences in the two useless churches.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Thereishel: 2:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Be ye not unequal yoke with unbelievers. For what fellowship does darkness have with light or what fellowship does temple of God with belial?
Be wise drop him fast and seek the face of God you would get a godly brother in your church.l have seen many ladies like you who made that mistake and it's a life imprisonment anguish sorrow and regret. Don look at your age be patient with God.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Emmyjumy(m): 2:17am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

My sister, u are just confused.
Which God are u really talking abt? Are u saying d God in catholic church is different from d God in Pentecostal church?
Sit ur biutifu self down, and think it through very well.
On a lighter note, a spirikoko broda don dey kpokpo u in ur new church abi?
Take time to pray abt ur decision, because what I see here is dt u are more confused than ever before.
God help u dear.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PrinceMajestic: 2:18am On Jun 24, 2021
OGUN THUNDER STRIKE YOU for wasting my time and data to read your hopelessness. Idiot Christians, that's why I rejoice n wish boko haram slaughter and rape some senses into your heads b4 wiping you from the surface of the earth.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fiscus105(m): 2:21am On Jun 24, 2021
CSTRR:

For example, Someone that goes to every night vigil organised by their Church, fast often, prays often, and pays every seed offering, versus someone that only goes to church every Sunday during mass and rarely prays.

Surely, you can see the difference in spirituality.

Several people are doing above listed and yet their hearts are far away from God.

Try not to be brainwashed or become religion fanatics provided you haven't become one.

Jesus himself was a moderate religion man during his earthly ministry.

Many of spiritual things you mentioned were introduced by the founders of denomination(church) and are to have much more influences on members, in other to use members as their tools for personal and not necessary for heavenly race.

Eg . A pastor who asks you to sow seed of ur full salary in January.
Pastor who commands his member to be wearing apron to where ever they going etc.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Goodman247: 2:23am On Jun 24, 2021
Which red flag, nobody is perfect
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:24am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Sorry to say this dear, you might stroll close to menopause because husbands don't appear everyday. Religion is basically overrated around this part of the world, hence it tends to becloud our sense of logical reasoning almost always. Most ladies are flogging dudes with a lotta gimmicks that the gender is known for, just to go formalize nuptials and here you are judging someone's son because he doesn't want to fast on Monday, attend endurance fellowship on Tuesday, partake in communion service on Wednesday, go 4 evangelism on Thursday, Bible class on Friday, choir rehearsal on Saturday, Sunday 1st thru 6th services on Sunday and probably die in two years due to stress, just being a religious husband to you Auntie churchie! If your religious fantasies are that strong and your love for God is unequaled, leave pesin pikin alone and check into a convent so you can achieve your pious life! angry

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by UjuJoan2: 2:26am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

I see you’ve never met the religious DEVILS!!

I wonder who gave you the right to judge. Just because you became Pentecostal doesn’t make you better than him. As a so called born again I expect you to know better.

Just because you didn’t find spirituality doesn’t mean you are better than Catholics. I’m a full blown catholic and at one time in my life I wandered like you are doing now. But I found out salvation is personal. If you can’t find Christ in your heart you can’t find it in those places you are going to.

You better go back to your Catholic faith and thank God for the man he gave you.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by NovusHomo(m): 2:26am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So Catholics are no longer christians? Lordavemerci!
Leave him. Na by force ni? With your mindset, the guy deserves a better person

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Majestinni: 2:28am On Jun 24, 2021
You have been reluctant to pray about this guy! I will advice that you talk to God about him, let your heart be opened and do has God instructs you, but you must be sure you want to wait on God to do what is best for you, loving the Lord is not easy you must be ready to go with him all the way. Wish you the very best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics) / Lady Kneels Down To Accept Boyfriend's Marriage Proposal / What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.