Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70280 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ednut1(m): 3:18am On Jun 24, 2021
This one wan die single

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MilkANDpepper: 3:20am On Jun 24, 2021
zed7:
If your only complaint is that he isn't a fanatic then you have no problem.
A well behaved moralist is better off than a religious fanatic without morals.

Thank you.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 24, 2021
You simply want to leave him because he is a Catholic. That's just it. You are gradually becoming a Fanatic. I just pray you don't regret it
. If he is a Good Man marry him. And enough of this your born again anthem. As if Catholics are worshipping Satan. I would never had married a lady with your mentality. It's the Guy that is making a terrible mistake. Not you. They have brainwashed you. You were never a Catholic anyway. You were just there attending mass because your parent are Catholics. A true Catholic wouldn't be sounding this way. Just gettat inbeg.

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ever8090: 3:21am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
no wonder your younger sister got married long ago and you are just contemplating whether to remain single and settle for less when you finally realise yourself..there is absolutely nothing wrong with the young man and I believe this is God at work, trying to save the young man from an impending calamity..

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Hanatunde(f): 3:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Don't make a mistake that you regret later,some that claim to be born again are going up and down looking for husband.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by doncollino: 3:23am On Jun 24, 2021
Nonsense write up. Once one steps out of Catholic church they claim born again. She is confused, probably not gonna settle down anytime soon. Religion is one big confusion man has to live with, same reason we all hate ourselves. Now she dislike the guy to some level cos they are not on same church.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 24, 2021
Op is a confused soul. China product!

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ZooOga: 3:25am On Jun 24, 2021
>I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too.

>At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him

Bi-bleeping-polar na
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Vision101(m): 3:27am On Jun 24, 2021
Op. Don't mind those that have been condemning your suspicion as a result of imbalance in your Christian standard with your fiance. Marriage is a serious business. It's a life time decision. For a true Christian it's for life.

We always advice intending couples to pray and seek divine direction. God must be first.
It's dangerous for a fervent Christian to marry a church goer. It will affect the spiritual and moral upbringing of the children and the family.

It's not about denomination. Within the Catholics there are fervent ones. Is he one of them? A man is supposed to be the head of the family and by implication the pastor of the family. This is the perfect setting.

What I have discovered from experience is that in most homes today the women shoulder the spiritual burden of families. This is because most of the women did not do what you want to do now. As pastor I have observed that majority of the marriages are being managed. What is still holding them is either the children, what the society will say or desire of one partner not to be out of marriage.

I will suggest that you consider the following:
(1) Is he liberal about your Christian faith? I have seen Moslems that their wives and children are Christians and they encourage them.

2) Though he attends Catholic Church as a church goer, does he get involved in non Christian practices or beliefs? I know that a lot of them do.

I have made this lengthy because you are seeking counseling and not mere suggestion.

May God guide you.

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by showafrica(m): 3:32am On Jun 24, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad

The guy don enter one chance be that... This one go leave house go sleep for church for one week and come back with all sorts of oil and holy water.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nicoddemus(m): 3:33am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

You came to seak spiritual advice in the midst of the ungodly Lol

Actually I understand what you're going through. Yeah only a spiritual man can understand. It's a serious case

My advice is this. If you can pray in the spirit, then pray more in the spirit about him. Just continue in it before you know it what you will need to do and the strength to do it will come from within you.

If you can't pray in the Spirit id advice you extend the wedding date until you pray the solution out.

If you are impatient then permissively I'd advise you marry him and then win him over in prayer and in submission. But whatever you see before winning him over you take it like that

Like I said "a solution" suitable for you. However according to God's word...d d not be unequivocally yoked with unbelievers.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrFly(m): 3:46am On Jun 24, 2021
He isn't the one, ur younger sis is married abi? Wait until the right one comes. Menopause is staring at u from a different angle. U will regret it forever

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrHighSea: 3:47am On Jun 24, 2021
Give me the guy's contact let me save him from the impending doom.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Mtmike(m): 3:53am On Jun 24, 2021
He should even be the one to be worried about your delusional Christianity. I'm scared for him already. Pls let him go. You both will have peace
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Mryacks: 3:53am On Jun 24, 2021
infogenius:

Good u're seeing properly now and not when you are married.

If u're not spiritually connected, kindly end the relationship.
Spirituality is far more important than physical attributes.

If only many youths can see this way before getting married

Just about the most sincere and reasonable advice ....God bless you

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by AbujaCitiBlog: 3:55am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

At this point, all I can say is leave the relationship. Thanks for your sincererity.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GreatUniben: 3:56am On Jun 24, 2021
Vision101:
Op. Don't mind those that have been condemning your suspicion as a result of imbalance in your Christian standard with your fiance. Marriage is a serious business. It's a life time decision. For a true Christian it's for life.

We always advice intending couples to pray and seek divine direction. God must be first.
It's dangerous for a fervent Christian to marry a church goer. It will affect the spiritual and moral upbringing of the children and the family.

It's not about denomination. Within the Catholics there are fervent ones. Is he one of them? A man is supposed to be the head of the family and by implication the pastor of the family. This is the perfect setting.

What I have discovered from experience is that in most homes today the women shoulder the spiritual burden of families. This is because most of the women did not do what you want to do now. As pastor I have observed that majority of the marriages are being managed. What is still holding them is either the children, what the society will say or desire of one partner not to be out of marriage.

I will suggest that you consider the following:
(1) Is he liberal about your Christian faith? I have seen Moslems that their wives and children are Christians and they encourage them.

2) Though he attends Catholic Church as a church goer, does he get involved in non Christian practices or beliefs? I know that a lot of them do.

I have made this lengthy because you are seeking counseling and not mere suggestion.

May God guide you.

Check out the bolded. I am sure you saying this to confuse the poor sister.

Real Catholics do not visit juju house like you protestant do. Your pastors are automatically juju men and they use a lot of jazz to run their members brain so that they will be able to milk out money from you and make all of you kiss their feet and see them as gods.

To Mug muffin, open your Bible and read the real meaning of what Jesus said is Born Again and you will understand and return to the catholic church with peace and joy.

You have strayed far from the Blessed Sacrament, the saving grace and the most sanctifying food. That is why you left and be shouting born again up and down.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by zubby29(m): 3:58am On Jun 24, 2021
zed7:
If your only complaint is that he isn't a fanatic then you have no problem.
A well behaved moralist is better off than a religious fanatic without morals.
i am telling you o, big problem. I pity d poor guy. Soon she will say his mom is a witch
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by chukwudiology(m): 3:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Village ppl, dey remote this one. Young lady u need deliverance or you are the one that needs God the most.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by samx4real(m): 4:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients.

I don't have any advise for u.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by amadice(m): 4:00am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Madam OP I feel like giving you one bad insult but No I respect ladies. when both of you where Catholics there was no problem. you join pentecostal, I guess one of this END TIME CHURCHES they brain wash you with ordothox doctrines now your partner is now a problem. OP why didn't you tell us you told your pastor about your marriage, maybe he disappoved of it. or maybe you want the wedding in your pentecostal church and your man wants it in a Catholic church. I wonder why women are easily conned into rubbish doctrines yet we call on same God and Jesus. Nne you are the problem. your man is not a fanatic, your man is a believer. FYI that man if yours is your husband unless there is other bad behavior byour not telling us expect this .

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by odoemenacelevian(m): 4:00am On Jun 24, 2021
I pity this Man if he marries you.. which one is Catholic are not born again..
I can't believe this.
Define born again.?
You will say he is living a poor Christian Life, not born again.
May a Woman like you never come my way in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Enn214(m): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2021
You don't have any excuse sister. People even do interfaith marriage & still Excel.
A brother is prolly chasing you in that church

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by amadice(m): 4:04am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

your bothered because you tried to lured him into your church and he rejected. Nne heavenly race is an individual course run ur own mkae I run mine.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Oludara202: 4:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Tloc:

My dear young lady, that path of religious piety which you assume you on is your step to DOOM. Stay woke and refine your RELIGIOUS views to be in tandem with contemporary life realities and grow your inert spirituality. Be far away from religious extremism and you would live a more fulfilled LIFE. I am sure that young man's mind and soul is purer than all your Pentecostal pastors' put together. Shalom.

I just tire for this kind post.
Am not really interested in her preferred choice of marriage partner anyway but the manner she slighted Catholics was very pathetic.
It's a pity she never understood that Mass remains the highest form of prayer any Christian can make.
Still very obvious that she wasn't in any Pius Society while in the Church, she literally followed the crowd .
I know so many Catholics whose lives are worthy of emulation. They'd go to hell after all because we have a judge here.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by odoemenacelevian(m): 4:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Nicoddemus:

You came to seak spiritual advice in the midst of the ungodly Lol

Actually I understand what you're going through. Yeah only a spiritual man can understand. It's a serious case

My advice is this. If you can pray in the spirit, then pray more in the spirit about him. Just continue in it before you know it what you will need to do and the strength to do it will come from within you.

If you can't pray in the Spirit id advice you extend the wedding date until you pray the solution out.

If you are impatient then permissively I'd advise you marry him and then win him over in prayer and in submission. But whatever you see before winning him over you take it like that

Like I said "a solution" suitable for you. However according to God's word...d d not be unequivocally yoked with unbelievers.

Oh my God.. which people are ungodly.. I pity you too. Mind Your utterance
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by okuta007: 4:05am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

na the gra gra of pentecostal church dey turn your head so, when the dust settles you will realize that all that glitters is not gold... that your pentecostal church wey pastor dey fvck female church members abi? please call if off and save the poor man the agony of marrying an unstable woman who doesn’t know what she wants - thank you!

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Badgers14: 4:08am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Are you concerned because he is not a religious fanatic? Not a holier than thou brother??

This is one of my gripe with my pentecostal brothers and sisters that sees anyone not attending their church as an unbeliever.

Frankly, on a personal level, I do not like this churchy churchy people... I love God with all my heart and I am lifelong catholic by the way grin but people that do churchy churchy have disappointed me especially the pastors.. people always say ehn ehn... touch not my anointed..bla bla bla and they are just misbehaving..

I know so many of these guys on a personal level and they do have lots of skeleton in their closet..

Funny enough some guys we all might look and judge saying they are from the streets.. these are the guys that will give you the shirt off their backs.. but do you see that brother or sister that carries the holy book close to their chest... PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN WHEN YOU SEE THEM.. BE VERY CAREFUL!!

When them holier than thou are tricking you, you might not believe it, it might not seem real until it is too late.

Have you been turned down for a job just because you are not a member of a certain church? I have.. the oga said I was an unbeliever.. but check this out, after my fortune have turned he came to partner with me on a deal and I am like.. ehn ehn am I not an unbeliever again??

I worked for a brother that carries his church so dearly in his mind.. I needed a job so for peace to reign I just show up at his church for fellowship (against my will angry ) .. I needed the job so I had to just show up.. it became unbearable when he always say ehn ehn.. I didn't see you at the fellowship today, you were sitting at the back etc.. what does fellowship have to do with my ability to perform my job??
So ask yourself, do you want your guy to pretend to be "saved" just to please you (wolf in sheep clothing) or do you want him to be a good man and do things genuinely from his heart?

So , my advice.. keep an open mind.. pray about it and don't let the difference in church denomination affect your life..

I am more concerned about people's action, how they practice Christianity, their attitudes towards others and their general conduct than which church they go to, how many times they go to fellowship in a week, how many hours they pray, how much Bible verses they have memorized.. I want to see the individual practicing what they breach not just talk talk talk...

Again I beg you, don't let this churches confuse you.. at the end of the day all of us will give an individual account to our maker. From your write up.. I didn't pick out any red flags.. not like he was abusive, lazy, disrespectful to others and to you, don't love you and your family.. it boils down to he is not carrying religion in his head like afro.

Let me not see you at cross over night still looking for husband grin grin use your head my dear.. I am begging you please!! I can tell you some stories about some of these pastors.. you won't even believe me even if I back it up with video evidence.. you might think I edited the video. Focus on how your guy is conducting himself, how he relates to people, does he have plans for future etc..

Let me tell you a bit about myself.. I might have made sense in write up here (at least I pray I did).. but I am not churchy churchy either.. I am a lifelong catholic, do not belong to any church group and some, infact many Sundays I am not able to go to church.. since covid 19 peaked last year February until today, I probably being to church once or twice.. I don't even remember.. but that doesn't take anything away from my love of God.. it didn't change who I am, It didn't change how I relate to my family, employees and employers ans associates.. I still treat people with dignity and respect just like Christ would love us to do.

Cheers!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Oya Come Toast That Babe or Guy wey You Like For PIDGIN!!! / How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / Lady Transports Man With Her Huge Backside (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.