Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70294 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fiscus105(m): 2:31am On Jun 24, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Surprise, surprise e no get wetin person no go see. It's annoying when you see a Christian look another Christian as inferior. the question is who is the judge in this her case

A clear sign of a lady who has gone far in relationship but not yet marry, in which she now meets better guy, for the Op case, she wants to justify herself on religion inclination.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by 12345baba(m): 2:33am On Jun 24, 2021
Op am sorry but your stupid

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by alexvic12: 2:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Even the best pastors can make mistakes. You can even marry your God-ordained spouse and still make mistake. That is why a constant interaction with God to direct EVERY PART of your life is necessary.
Never judge your life by others' decisions.

wirinet:

And you did not have this advice for pastor Chris Oyakhilome, pastor Chris Okotie or numerous pastors or G.Os who divorced their wives few years after marriage.

Then what will you say about uncountable number of Muslim to Christian marriages.

Religion in Africa has became a vehicle for hatred instead of love.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by DAramis: 2:37am On Jun 24, 2021
CharisEleos:

Also remember catholic doctrines which does not allow children to be baptized unless the parents wedded in Catholic.

To the best of my knowledge, this seems to be false. Linda ikeji baptised his son despite the fact she is not married nor the child gotten inside wedlock.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 2:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Catholic, that's where my daughters would be trained. They have raised you and given you the training a girl child should have.

Only problem we have today is the Catholic Church try to play their part while parents doesn't give the girl child the monitoring she should have, if not, we would have virgins in Nigeria today.

Responding to your post, you didn't mention one red flag which was captured in your caption

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 24, 2021
I like how you say you are saved but he is Catholic. So Catholics are devil worshipers to you or what?

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Solatium(m): 2:42am On Jun 24, 2021
Dem don Brain wash this one,if you do radarada and this guy take waka, walahi you no go see him type for shiloh undecided

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 24, 2021
I like how you say you are saved but he is Catholic. So Catholics are devil worshipers to you or what? You haven’t told us what is really bothering you about the guy because I don’t think this is it.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by onyi2k(m): 2:43am On Jun 24, 2021
You are the problem. This is why I keep telling my catholic brothers to marry from Catholic or Anglican because of such nasty comments.

So your baptism meant you didnt give your life to Christ fa?

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Saintkollyjoe: 2:43am On Jun 24, 2021
What I know is that a Catholic marriage cannot be broken except death. So choose wisely.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by udemzyudex(m): 2:46am On Jun 24, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
very useless girl. This type will be fuckin and worshipping her pastor like all Nigerian churchy girls and will believe any crap her pastor say about her husband. When I was Christian I only prefer Catholic. The bitch says she gave her life to christ by leaving catholic for the most insane religious occultic, evil n deceitful churches where they call the scammers "daddy" and give them free pussy any time, I hate this people so much. I am so pissed for even reading it. The red light she talks about means differences in the two useless churches.

She said many red flags and I was even thinking she will list his bad habits only to read about her religious views.

Imagine saying she gave her life to christ for converting from Catholic to Pentecostal grin

She's too religious abeg, very funny post.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Raxxye(m): 2:48am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
Those things you don't like about him will likely amplify after marriage. If they're not things you can put up with, don't bow to pressure. It's the thought of not wanting to disappoint family after having come this far that got me into the mess I am in right now. Now, I wish I never proceeded with the marriage!

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by dumsiraagbo: 2:50am On Jun 24, 2021
Your salvation is the most important decision you have to make and protect all your life, followed by marriage. From your story, it is obvious you are not comfortable going on with the marriage. I advise you stop it for now and take some time to pray about it. The Holy Spirit will guide you on the way forward. Selah!!!!

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Kimjongun: 2:51am On Jun 24, 2021
Africans are funny, after Catholics introduced Christianity to them, now they believe Catholics are not the real Christians and that they are

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by p2flexx(m): 2:51am On Jun 24, 2021
Subtly dissing the Catholic Church that they groom devil-may-care christians compared to the pentecostal...let heaven judge my dear....but why use relationship as a cover.....going forward ...say things with your full chest...instead of this hide and seek games just like in primary 2.
In addendum,unequivocally speaking you dont have any relationship whatsoever.
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 24, 2021
Op you have a serious problem
Who are you to judge his religious life?
Him been a Christian is enough already
No one is perfect
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Rocktation(f): 2:53am On Jun 24, 2021
You religious extremists are just the worst. Isn't it enough to acknowledge God as God and lead a life, worthy of emulation? Why must he be praying fire fire to tickle your fancy? It's almost as though they feed you hyssops in these your churches, that now make you uppity and think yourselves as deputies of Jesus. How can you even know from your earthy perspective, what is true from the perspective of heaven? Because your pastor tells you so? Or because you know someone who has died and gone beyond, but came back with evidence as regards to what is correct?

You better start using your God-given sense and redirect your attention to acts of kindness and charity, justice and mercy. That way, you would both be serving your faith and increasing your flock, far more than beating others over the head with texts and ideas, only you hold so tightly.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fedrams: 2:54am On Jun 24, 2021
You are born again and seeking for advise on nairaland. Did you attend marriage counseling, did you involved you pastor?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Autodidact101: 2:58am On Jun 24, 2021
I am 1000% sure this seed of doubt was sown in your heart by YOUR PASTOR.
Religious extremism is going to be our doom in this country. TUFIA!!!!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by aijazNija: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
My dear,
Your religious disposition might be one of the reasons he decided to marry you after three years of dating. Because your devotion and his 'layback' Christian life is a perfect ingredient to raise kids in this ever changing circular world. With the way women are dealing with men these days, your devoted to Christian lifestyle and love for him will help keep your 'feminism' in checks as life gets better for your guys. Try to know if he is deeply in love with you. Also check carefully if he is the controlling type (that for me is big red flag)

Prepare your mind, if he you eventually marries you, you're by default a Catholic. Trust me, you can still be a devoted Christian in Catholic Church. I wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by igbowoman: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Pentecostal churches have a way of filling people's heads with all kinds of nonsense.
Did he tell you he has not given his life to Christ.
Did you ask and he says no?
Or you think pentecostalism is the gateway to heaven
This is the way young girls miss their Mr Right.
Oya go and ask your daddy in your church to find you one brother in your church.
I wish this young man could come across this thread so he can dump you quick before he gets too entangled.
Tell him you are not interested so he can find the right woman that will love him for him.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by havigold(f): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Your fears are real and it is better to solve it now before marriage.
Firstly if your man is a DIE-HARD catholic by belief while you are also a DIE-HARD pentacostal christian I will suggest that you leave the relationship immediately because you might be in for an ENDURING MARRIAGE rather than a peaceful one because both religious doctrine differs in nature and that could be a CLASH OF TITIANS because marriage is not only based on the word LOVE but UNDERSTANDING and The God factor .

Peradventure he is a Romantic Catholic just on the lips you could go ahead after all, there is no DENOMINATION in Heaven , those that we make it there are only people with a CLEAN HEART and THEIR GARMENTS UNSTAINED . If you feel you didn't pray well them go back and do so.
Marriage of this modern century is not a MUST for All and Sundry because most people don't endure and settle out LITTLE Things that matters when admitted into the INSTITUTION called MARRIAGE. Please don't JUDGE him because you are not PERFECT in your CHRISTIAN JOURNEY....
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by obainojazz(m): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

You not ready for marriage be that wink

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ever8090: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Which kind mumu talk be this one...so Catholic don't know Christ, honestly be prepared for more troubles if you eventually get married with such mindset..

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Rocktation(f): 3:01am On Jun 24, 2021
CharisEleos:

Also remember catholic doctrines which does not allow children to be baptized unless the parents wedded in Catholic.

This is why people leave the church. It's because they don't understand her doctrines. How could you have be born and raised as catholic and yet utter such falsehood?

4 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Heanry(m): 3:02am On Jun 24, 2021
So after 3 years you simply realized he is not the one because he refused to join to your pentecostal church. Something is telling me that it's actually the young man that is trying to make the mistake of his life by wanting to marry your type.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ten06(m): 3:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Being indecisive in marriage is very dangerous. If you are not convinced you better call off the marriage now if not you will so much regret in future.

Marriage have not started you are already discouraged, how are my sure you will not die young if you put your head in that hole?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by dLaw4Love: 3:04am On Jun 24, 2021
I just want to believe that there is more to this question. The statement about him being a Catholic and you now a pentecostal was necessary but not well laid out.

Relationship cases, you should be concerned about his discipline and conviction. These are all attached to the fruit of the spirit.

If his conviction and discipline are far from where you are right now, its a big deal.

There were some things you allowed before but now, you don't because of your conviction. If he sticked to your former lifestyle, thats where the big deal is.

The case is 'He that findeth a wife...' not 'a tongue speaking wife...' Be careful not to approach this with the religious issue look at the man.

Communication will go along way...
I wish you success.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by benicta(f): 3:04am On Jun 24, 2021
This story must be a joke.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Miky91: 3:05am On Jun 24, 2021
You are not ready for marriage.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Cutehector(m): 3:17am On Jun 24, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Surprise, surprise e no get wetin person no go see. It's annoying when you see a Christian look another Christian as inferior. the question is who is the judge in this her case
trust me na.. Na me even leave one girl wey dey see catholic as if na demon we dey worship. She is mad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / Lady Transports Man With Her Huge Backside (Photos, Video) / 2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.