Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? (42432 Views)

Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by obajoey(m): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Everyone with their definition of success..
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by topoftheworld(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
wiseone28:
No you have not fail..

Just that Nigeria failed you..

we were meant to believe that education is the key to success..

But now graduates are apprentice to people who doesn't even have a waec

U have said it boss, many of us regrets going to school self.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by fourboys: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
wiseone28:
No you have not fail..

Just that Nigeria failed you..

we were meant to believe that education is the key to success..

But now graduates are apprentice to people who doesn't even have a waec
grin grin
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by orikoku: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Me that i will be 40 soon, still no better job still living in my mama house, N-Power still come spoil everything for me. Thank God you have mama house.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Btruth: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nope.
.....your time is approaching soon. Just believe & work towards it too. And don't be lazy, cease any opportunity that come your way too.

Good luck.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Well, I left home at 30.

In as much as it's a nice decision moving out of your parent's house, don't be in a rush! Don't leave when you can't! Don't do that when you don't have something doing...

The economy is very hard and bad, things are very costly.

Make thinking no kill you before your time ooo

5 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by victorVIC1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
It's not over till it's over. Just make sure you are doing your part (improving yourself, doubling your hustle, applying for jobs, building value adding relationships).

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by mrkings84(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nigeria is a great country. All her citizens are great, our only problem is our governance system...

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
orikoku:
Me that i will be 40 soon, still no better job still living in my mama house, N-Power still come spoil everything for me. Thank God you have mama house.
God will surely answer your prayer soon,how j wished I could share my brother story,things was so tough for him to the extent that he tried to commit suicide but for God so good he got employed 5 months ago to a multi international company without being interviewed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Djyucee1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
No.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by KingofHearts(m): 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
Way back people open their doors to one another, sharing and exchanging ideas and resources towards collective prosperity.

People move from villages to live with relatives so that they too can succeed.People stretched limited resource towards getting kinsmen educated or financially better through trade support.Hunger wasn’t so spelt out and this visible because your neighbors will call you to come and eat!

There is crazy hunger in the land and level of unemployment is crazy.Men who don’t have money will not marry, anyone without the link to progress in education or make better career decision will look behind and hopeless.

Why does it look and feel like some are behind in our world of today.It is simply because we have forgotten how collective prosperity got us there!!! We no longer open our doors to support each other,our walls use to be low but now higher than the building it’s self,we are always looking for means to defraud and scam each other rather than help each other.Other people cannot correct our children in our absence, families now avoid one another because they don’t want to help,it is now me and my family only.

We are now backward as humans and as a people and need to re-trace our footing towards a path that helped us all..the helpful path of collective prosperity!!

On a lighter mood****if you have husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend you are not using share with or gift someone who is in need oo,if you have spare shoes,clothes please decongest that wardrobe and share,if you have food items in excess kindly ask your neighbor if they need…Buhari time is not a joke ooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by ThetrueWord: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
You are not a failure sir.

Your job is what you are paid to do while your work is what you are born to do.

This is the best time to discover what you are born to do, practice and practice then serve it to humanity with diligence, sincererity and packaging.

A job is not a metric to measure success, however, a very good job can be used. So if you are more interested in job thank work, sharpen your skills now, since you got some free time,then apply to companies. Most importantly commit their ways to the Lord and surely you will prosper.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by gbolswag(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
iDIOT YOU HAVE NOT FAILED...JUST LOOK AT THE COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM WHERE OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED...KEEP DOING YOUR BEST.....LIVING WITH YOUR MUM U HAVE NOT FAILED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Hamachi(f): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mikael0407:
I feel your pain bro. I'm 26, broke, unemployed and living with my parents too. We're the same embarassed
What if I show you ways you you can make money with your smart phone?

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by kikuyu1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
Tbh, I can't relate but based on many personal observations the crucial thing is LEARN NEW THINGS!?
I know your personal finances are likely zero but do small hustles- get hired as an Uber driver, find a rural plot of land and farm. I know in Naij this isn't an option but an acquaintance in your situation went this route a decade ago.
He started off with 6 cows IIRC and grew them to 40 in 5 years leveraging the biz into a milk ATM partnership and never looked back. Last I heard he's now a major player in real estate in Ruiru town some 40 km NE of Nairobi.
I realise you guys generally don't farm but it NEED not be dairy- what do Lagosians need? Sweet potatoes, chicken, eggs, greens? Identify the need and start at the bottom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by tomzyELNINO: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.

learn something. dont just sit down and be wailing
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Hamachi(f): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
wpadmin:
Learn a skill bro
You smart, the truth is tye employment situation is getting worse, I am glad I did learn a skill

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Dada4me: 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
I was in this condition between 2009 and 2011, I didn't give up, though not yet where I want to be but I am moving and things are getting better.

I was almost giving up in 2010 but somehow my believe in God rescued me and I am what I am by the grace of God.

Never give up even if you contemplate it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Lama70(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
You are not a failure my dear friend. The fact that you are conscious of how things should be with you is one great achievement. Not everyone can do such self assessment or evaluation.
Don't go out of your way to do the wrong thing. Your time shall come; and sooner than you expect. Peace!

3 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by donofdons: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Unik3030:
u are just an idiot,where will a broke jobless man get money to travel abroad?
Don't even mention sourcing from family cos if he had them he would have started a lil business a long time ago,u useless motivational speakers who are only good at talking thrash

Of course. I am sure you are a loser too. Keep looking for someone to sugarcoat it for you and don’t go and make something for yourself. Keep giving excuses on why you can’t afford to leave and don’t go and carry cement to save money.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Plut01: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
donofdons:
Let me not sugar coat it for you because that will make you happy and finally, become a total and irredeemable failure.

Oga, you are currently a failure and a loser. The sooner you realize it, the better for you. Any man who is 27 years old, lives with his mom and have not skill for which someone can pay him enough money to live by himself is a loafer. Add alcohol, marijuana and ashawo to it and you are on your way to becoming a vagabond. [I]My best advice to you is to escape from nigeria to USA, Europe, Australia etc and make something out of yourself.[/I] If you don’t fix your life within 6 years, Na only God fit save you from penury

Someone who has a means of leaving the country won't be posting how he is a failure at 27. The OP only came here to motivate people although there are so many youth in that category in this present day Nigeria and Sad to say the least, it can only get worse with the way things are going.

I will just advice anyone in such situation to talk to same parents feeding them and ask for little fund which they can use to learn some digital skills both offline and online. Then they can find small Neighboring country to start a freelance life.

The rest of your comment makes sense even though hash.

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by donofdons: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
ravensckar:
Of all the useless posts that I've read today, yours is the most useless. The way some of you type at times, one can't help but wonder if you reason from your anus. angry angry

There's nothing absolutely wrong with someone who hasn't achieved anything at 27. He still lives with his parents. So? He hasn't got a job or a wife? Ehn? So long as he has his education, skill and focus (not deviating from his goal). He will definitely make something out of his life. For your information, at 27 too, despite being a graduate, I was still living with my parents. I was working tirelessly but still earning less than today's minimum wage. Whenever I heard the word 'marriage', my soul will depart my body in fear. Fast forward to this moment, the Lord has been extremely faithful. Man is balling and enjoying life. How did it happen? I never lost sight of my goal and the day an opportunity came knocking, I was at home to receive it. No knowledge or certificate is ever a waste unless the bearer doesn't understand what education entails.

PS- Dear graduates (both fresh & old) please keep your spirit up and never lose sight of your goals. The Lord will answer your prayers.

You are not helping at all. Keep encouraging him to remain a failure.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Sunnybay7: 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
[quote author

He said one word....

Relax...

Everything falls In place after a while[/quote]
Gold

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by zubinike(m): 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Your failure is coming here to share this ......oga don't allow time, people or resources determine your success growth.

My 10kobo, Do not despise days of little beginning. Get yourself involve in something doing, a skill or two......and pray for Grace. No late comer to success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nope u r not a failure..this is my story
I left Nigeria at the age of 28 and made my first 1m year later, 3yrs after I'm worth morethan 15m.. I'm still grinding though, cox the only thing better thn money is more money

7 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Igbankpa(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Jessepaid:
Hehehe...

No be all men dey get beards at 17...

Some get it at 30...

Work toward success and aim for greatness...

You don't pray for wealth and riches then sit and fold your hands expecting a miracle...

Get something doing....

I asked my father once...

Dad how did you train us all, including bills in this harsh economy without losing you mind?

He said one word....

Relax...

Everything falls In place after a while
"Everything falls in place eventually" OP that is the line! Not long ago I had nothing and had no hope, steady looking out for handouts from anyone willing to give.
But today I have a job even if it's not something big, I'm contented with the progress I've made so far and I'm obviously an happier man than I was yesterday, By the grace of GOD it will keep getting better.
The thing is you just keep moving, if you can't fly, you walk, if you can't walk you crawl. Avoid stagnation by any means. Nothing is wrong being in your fathers house at 27, as long as you know you are doing your best to move forward in life, just keep pushing and stay optimistic things will definitely fall in place eventually.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by doyinisaac(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lol...the irony of it is that,those people you are using as a prayer point also have their own hidden problems that is worse than yours but you will never know

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by na2016: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

hared from Bogger.

You have not failed. You just need to work harder. you still have time on your side although, 20-50 should be when you achieve the most in live.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Johnkc11: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Me lived with them till i was 30 it wasnt easy keep working hard bro...
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

Shared from Bogger.

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Hamachi(f): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Sleekfingers:

oga go and learn a skill online.....there are hundred of opportunities online......and stop go about with certificates.......as a matter of fact, there are lots opportunities out there.......
Which skills? Can you help with useful ones I can learn in a space of 1 yr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.