Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria (44252 Views)

Questionable Trends Among Nigerian Men. / NIPOST Retiree Dies In Sex Romp With Two Teenagers In Akwa Ibom / Shocking Footage Of Two Teenagers In Pants Violently Attacking Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Dgreatway001(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Na there way
OneMarvee:
Many teenagers have recently joined the dating pool. Every secondary school student now has a "special someone".

I am quite appalled at the staggering rise at which teenagers enter relationships just to join the trend.

Going into relationships without being friends first, for financial and sexual benefits, to update Instagram and Facebook?
It gets worse after several months of love-playing and exhausting infatuation, one party becomes bored and wants to try someone else and then the night falls on your undefined relationship. You then proceed to "chop breakfast".

No long term goals or aspirations, no detailed commitments. Just vibes and fulfilled emptiness.

Young people need to reevaluate their decisions and stop jumping on bandwagons. Focus on your education and your goals, that is what matters most now. And if you must, be with someone who you can grow with, share each others goals and ideas, have meaningful conversations, pray or attend religious gatherings.

Let your relationship be purposeful.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- E1S2
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2021
bukatyne:
Teenage relationships just started? undecided

While I was in secondary school, there were plenty peeps who cut grass for making couples' list.

This was about 20yrs back.

And I had seniors in the very late 90s deboarded/suspended for getting pregnant.

Wen I was in pry six, 1991 ,I knew 2 of my mates then Seun and Toyin, fucking each other on several occasions, I could remember vividly.

Wen we entered jss 1, that was the first time I heard about sperm and how it was slippery, it was my classmate that told us, I first saw condom in the hand of my friend in J SS 3 who erroneously blowing it thinking it was "blow blow"(balloon), it was also one of my mates in J S 3 who told us what it was and it's usefulness.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Easier to say than do, harvest where u did not so

Are u virgin when u married? Provided u married

Did u marry her ur wife as virgin?

If u fail in any of the above, u lack moral ground to enforce ur daughters to remain virgin
you are not just wrong in saying this

You are also misleading
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

You know nairaland is a social media platform right. undecided

Honestly seun should start giving IQ tests before one can create an account.

It’s a forum, smoothbrain
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
you are not just wrong in saying this

You are also misleading

I'm saying it to let you know ,you are just embarking on a mission impossible

Did u also realise that, it's not only sex that takes virginity ?

Did u also know that, atimes it good for teenager to involve in relationship before real marriage? And that often, it helps in marriage?

Go and do statistics, marriages of those who had sex before marriage, spending weeks with each other are far more enjoyable and stable than marriages of so called believers who they don't go to each other houses alone, not to talk of having sex.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by bdchange(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2021
I guess it is their hormone running high at that stage. While I was teaching in a secondary school. They practically told me how many bf and gf they had. I had to advise them on the consequences that they may encounter if they dont make it platonic and stay out of sex. They can be safe if they date their age group who is probably under parental watch. We should be concern when we see adults trying to lure them into dating and try everything possible to stop it or discourage it. I have done that in the past. The internet has corrupt their generations. You can help them by educating them on how to control their anxiety at that age and handle peer pressure. I have a young girl to raise in future, may God help me.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Awoleesu(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
What exists in the mind of our teenagers subconsciously, isn't love but lost lust, infatuation and youthful exuberance
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by BePrepared: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2021
If u are a teen reading this know for a fact that its a once in a lifetime opportunity, plz don't waste it, discover and develop ur potential, ur relationship with God should b built now. don't give ur body to sex but to God

Receive grace

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by CheedyJ(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

Everyone here wants to form saint grin

They should ask their grandparents the age they got married. undecided
Op doesn’t know that most teenagers just want to explore & they are quite difficult to handle , it takes God’s grace and d individual’s resolve else...
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by FBIBOT(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Is it not disturbing seeing 15-16 yrs old girls dress to kill mainly to attract 20-30 yrs old men?

That should never be an excuse to have an affair with a minor bro.... I don't support the indecent dressing tho....
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Plut01: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2021

The most genuine sexual relationship is one you have when you're still a teenager smiley So leave them and let them bask in the beauty of the moment.

You should rather give them sex education and how they can protect themselves against pregnancy or getting someone pregnant as the case may be

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by neyoohhh: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2021
bdchange:
I guess it is their hormone running high at that stage. While I was teaching in a secondary school. They practically told me how many bf and gf they had. I had to advise them on the consequences that they may encounter if they dont make it platonic and stay out of sex. They can be safe if they date their age group who is probably under parental watch. We should be concern when we see adults trying to lure them into dating and try everything possible to stop it or discourage it. I have done that in the past. The internet has corrupt their generations. You can help them by educating them on how to control their anxiety at that age and handle peer pressure. I have a young girl to raise in future, may God help me.

Hormones?

U don't know what's going on grin
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Franking: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2021
It's a phase. The inthing specifically. One day it will pass.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Freebills12: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Ugaboy:
O.P pls leave teenager and focus on ur life...or are u flinging for anyone.

This normal, especially those one experiencing puberty...also exposure to social media.

Hollywood and Korea teen romance Movies stimulate them to wants to live their life like what they watch.

I don't see this as problem of life..cus u can't help it...as the word is advancing, we unlocking new level life.

Nigerians teen they learn work for were Americans or white teens dey...those one even introduce their love to their parents

Introducing your friend to your parents as a teenager whether male or female makes the friendship legit, it will surely reduce stories that touches the heart. Parents will be of immense help also.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by IAMPEDRO: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even bulge...
Make friends my dear, in all select your friends. Know your boundaries and also let them know their limits.
There are things to learn from everyone.

Good morning bruv.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by temitope27(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even bulge...
hey kid, shut up there

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by KGD10: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2021
loswhite:
What do you want to regulate on those mediums? Once a girl reaches 18 years she is free to do what she wants or do you want to increase the age to 25 because of suffering in Africa? The truth is if the economy is good most men and women will get married In their 20's, but now most ppl see 20 years old girl as small girl...lol forgetting that their parents even got married earlier.

Even in developed countries, You can only be admitted into university at 18 yrs old except for special kids such as some altruistic Kidz who needs to get their brain working.

Of course if you've got everything settled at a young age (education, finance, emotional intelligence etc) and you meet a capable mate, it's not wrong to settle down at a young age if that's what the person wants. But what we see here today is people who can't even take care of themselves let alone children yet bring forth children that will become nuisances to the society in future!

5 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Married men and women sleeping around with reckless abandon are even worse than these kids!!

All these are fulfillment and a testament that the world is gradually winding to an end!

It was way worse during Sodom and Gomora times of the Bible...why didn't the world end then?
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

I'm saying it to let you know ,you are just embarking on a mission impossible

Did u also realise that, it's not only sex that took virginity ?

Did u also know that atimes it good for teenager to involve in relationship before real marriage? and that ,often it helps in marriage?

Go and do statistics, marriages of those who had sex before marriage, spending weeks with each other are far enjoy and stable than marriages of so called believers who they don't go to each other houses alone not to talk of sex
The only sister i had, she was the ADA and the first child of our parents. She got married as a virgin @26years to an igbo guy. They got married 2007 and their marriage is blessed with 3 kids (a girl and 2 boys)

The husband is so much into her, they loved themselves like say tomorrow no day

The guy flaunts her to whosoever that cares to listen that he met her untouched, the guy family loves and cherish her just because of that

My parents played a major role on her, especially my mum. She never dated and she was a good wife and mother to her hubby and kids respectively

Provided you are from a good home, you will definitely know how to build a family because you aren't blind. You see the way your parents built theirs and she was being taught and guided by her parents

The husband do respect my parents/family like say tomorrow no day, for raising an upright daughter with good morals.

I also have a female friend who got married last year as a virgin, she's blessed with a son now and the husband is so much in love with her for keeping herself

Fine, im still a young guy who doesn't even know his left from right though. But one thing i know is that getting married a virgin to the right partner as a grown lady brings respect not only to the lady but also to her parents.

Having relationship experience isn't a yardstick to a successful or blossom marriage, it's not a job or business that experience is needed. You can still even perform above average in some job without experience.

Provided she's from a good family, she will raise a successful family. My sister did, my friend did and so many other girls will.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by purpinkx(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:

Budge =>

make or cause to make the slightest movement.
"the queue in the bank hasn't budged"

Bulge =>

a rounded swelling which distorts an otherwise flat surface.
"the telltale bulge of a concealed weapon"

------

The correct word in this context is budge
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Simbadaddy(m): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

Will you keep quiet. grin

Before the 80s where HIV was being distributed like biscuits.

Everyone of them(80's below) wants to form saint. As if the SUGARDADDY timeline didn't start there

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Aksnoopy: 11:59am On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Easier to say than do, harvest where u did not so

Are u virgin when u married? Provided u married

Did u marry her ur wife as virgin?

If u fail in any of the above, u lack moral ground to enforce ur daughters to remain virgin
stfu! That's his decision and not yours. If you married your wife with a borehole pvssy or as a virgin, how is that his business? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Simbadaddy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Education is a broad topic........And teenagers should be taught Responsibility. There is only so much a parent can do. IMO

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
Aksnoopy:
stfu! That's his decision and not yours. If you married your wife with a borehole pvssy or as a virgin, how is that his business? undecided

Since ur mother is a public dog, such a product of such rascality will always display in a public forum , you a product that his father needs DNA and I'm very sure that your father will commit suicide if he mistakenly sees the result of the DNA, look at mirror and confirm what I say pls.

Ur post in other thread talking about ur married ex u bleeped even though she is with her husband confirmed that u re truly bastard.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
There isn’t a direct wat for everybody, we have different personalities, desires and ambitions.

All u must do is keep certain rules or codes. Like take ur time, be moderate, avoid bad habits and bad company, don’t loos focus, work on ur goals and develop urself not just running around with ur partner or fooling around. At the end of the day it’s not about who was perfect bt mercy, grace and knowledge.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Tundex911: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hook up everywhere., I pity this generation of ours...

Awa weyrey gbogbo

Smh

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by horlharthundhey(m): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
[quote author=Farid24224 post=103796888]Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even bulge... [/quo

Guess we're the same

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Benzemma(m): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
OneMarvee:
Many teenagers have recently joined the dating pool. Every secondary school student now has a "special someone".

I am quite appalled at the staggering rise at which teenagers enter relationships just to join the trend.

Going into relationships without being friends first, for financial and sexual benefits, to update Instagram and Facebook?
It gets worse after several months of love-playing and exhausting infatuation, one party becomes bored and wants to try someone else and then the night falls on your undefined relationship. You then proceed to "chop breakfast".

No long term goals or aspirations, no detailed commitments. Just vibes and fulfilled emptiness.

Young people need to reevaluate their decisions and stop jumping on bandwagons. Focus on your education and your goals, that is what matters most now. And if you must, be with someone who you can grow with, share each others goals and ideas, have meaningful conversations, pray or attend religious gatherings.

Let your relationship be purposeful.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- E1S2

That's why poverty and crime is on the rise in this country.

Imagine a boy not up 20yrs, that cannot afford to feed well, will get a girl pregnant pregnant, how will that baby get proper care?

But my blame goes more to parents and girls of this generation. Because the truth is, you as a girl respect yourself and shun any kind of mushroom friendship at this age, behave like a matured lady with matured mind, most of this aimless little rats that call themselves boys will never near you. You will only be attracted to men that have already set their plan towards their future and are working on it.

Some people do not know that their future, determines that of your children. And again, if children of these days should stay away from looking at what their mates are doing, it help them a lot.

And girls should also control their greedness and find a way of providing for themselves.

For parents, they should watch the kind of life their children is living and try to correct, cos most parents actually know about all this rubbish but chose to keep silent. Most of parents will even be the one telling their male child to go and marry, when they new that their son had nothing.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.
Thank God for you. I attended a boarding school and I had one. Mehn I spent money on her just to prove the love (childish infatuation)

When I look back, I laugh and regret! And get angry @ myself.

If only I had hung out with the front row guys. (Bookish and more disciplined and focused students ) Easter wouldn't have eaten my money!!
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
The only sister i had, she was the ADA and the first child of our parents. She got married as a virgin @26years to an igbo guy. They got married 2007 and their marriage is blessed with 3 kids (a girl and 2 boys)

The husband is so much into her, they loved themselves like say tomorrow no day

The guy flaunts her to whosoever that cares to listen that he met her untouched, the guy family loves and cherish her just because of that

My parents played a major role on her, especially my mum. She never dated and she was a good wife and mother to her hubby and kids respectively

Provided you are from a good home, you will definitely know how to build a family because you aren't blind. You see the way your parents built theirs and she was being taught and guided by her parents

The husband do respect my parents/family like say tomorrow no day, for raising an upright daughter with good morals.

I also have a female friend who got married last year as a virgin, she's blessed with a son now and the husband is so much in love with her for keeping herself

Fine, im still a young guy who doesn't even know his left from right though. But one thing i know is that getting married a virgin to the right partner as a grown lady brings respect not only to the lady but also to her parents.

Having relationship experience isn't a yardstick to a successful or blossom marriage, it's not a job or business that experience is needed. You can still even perform above average in some job without experience.

Provided she's from a good family, she will raise a successful family. My sister did, my friend did and so many other girls will.

Infact everybody in ur family is a virgin even after marriage.

Everybody is a saint online yet in real life society is decaying
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Thank God for you. I attended a boarding school and I had one. Mehn I spent money on her just to prove the love (childish infatuation)

When I look back, I laugh and regret! And get angry @ myself.

If only I had hung out with the front row guys. (Bookish and more disciplined and focused students ) Easter wouldn't have eaten my money!!
This one na real Amaka disappoint me grin grin
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

It’s a forum, smoothbrain

Please what's the difference between Facebook and Nairaland. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Booty & Thick Women Gang: Which Of These Nigerian-Ghanian Girls Will You Date? / Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / Man Set To Marry Two Wives From Same Community In Abia State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.