Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria (44265 Views)

Questionable Trends Among Nigerian Men. / NIPOST Retiree Dies In Sex Romp With Two Teenagers In Akwa Ibom / Shocking Footage Of Two Teenagers In Pants Violently Attacking Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Emmyreal4(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2021
They want to taste the forbidden fruit
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by theTranslator: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Kefaxa: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Chei
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
What exists in the mind of our teenagers subconsciously, isn't love but lost, infatuation and youthful exuberance

What about adults? Married women and men? Are they doing it subconsciously?

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2021
I had relationship in secondary school, a lot of us did and we were doing the do back then too, these things didn't start now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by braimeddy: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Its the use of mobile phones that causes this rampant relationships among the teenagers. Its now very easy to get a young girl now unlike those days when we use to write love letters or stay by the road side waiting for her to pass by.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Sweeetheart(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2021
with good orientation, there is no big deal in a lady of 18yrs above going into relationship but not a relationship that won't support her dream

a girl below 18years should be place on watch, relationship has to do with mental state, if any girl is not mentally matured to enter relationship or doesn't know what relationship entails, she will just be reduced to intimacy gadgets in the hand of both old and young guys

there was a day I saw a ss2 student with uniform around my former area, she visited one man of the age 37-38. To my thinking that was her uncle, not until the man's neighbor told me that's how the girl do come and collect poron everyday except Saturday and Sunday after school? someone that have wife though living in other state o

I'm not scared to have a girl child but if my girl child is not a virgin on the night of her traditional marriage, I swear I won't collect her bride price from the man she want to marry, why should I collect bride price that represent values and dignity when she had been disflowered? I will try all my best to trained her but if she refused to learn, She'll be put to shame

6 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Nice observation. It has come to stay! We just have to learn to live with it.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by money121(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by smartNerd: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by CheedyJ(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2021
It’s always been like that jor, finished sec sch 2002 & I can state categorically that most of my classmates both male & female were already dating and some already had sex even before ss3.. nothing new here abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.
What do you mean by "way ahead of those things"?
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by ICTWeb: 10:35am On Jul 17, 2021
It's normal. Culture do change from time to time.

It's better they are in now and have experience early in life.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by joyandfaith: 10:36am On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.

As you put it most teens lack orientation and guidance . Failed Parenthood! Undefined relationships will lead to disasters.

4 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by DrDax: 10:36am On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:

Way ahead, or you were too chicken to speak to your crush.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

What about adults? Married women and men? Are they doing it subconsciously?

Fools also grow old in foolery

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by anselm791(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2021
Unless planning to get married in 6 - 18months, you have no business being in a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ishilove: 10:39am On Jul 17, 2021
When I was a teen we segregated ourselves in class and even on the road. Nowadays they are already sleeping with themselves before they hit 16. Appalling

6 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by DrDax: 10:39am On Jul 17, 2021
TheUndercover:
The use of social media and portrayal of romantic movies has made the statistics go higher. Myths like love at first sight, the soul mate, the special one was made real using these medium.

In this current age, a typical 15-20 years old girl might be dating 3 guys and they won't ever find out. It's crazy. The lack of regulations of these medium and irresponsible parents is also one of the leading causes of this common trend.

Change is the only constant.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, are all part of the "change package".

We will all be fine, albeit in new realities.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Holak: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2021
Social media is just bringing all these to limelight and making it easier. Else, it has been there from time immemorial. I attended village school in the 90s and relationships were also like if you are not doing, you don't belong, from JS 1 to SS 3. I believe that even now, children with proper orientation could still approach it with sense

5 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Afonjashapmouth: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2021
Social media is just a projection of what has been happening in the dark for long and making it norm to many. It has become a mainstream behavior for kids to priotize relationships over studies, aspiration and life goals in recent years which was not so back then. To be honest Kids from age 1 - 20 have no business venturing into such cos they are barely emotionally well formed not to talk about stability in decision making. The rave has brought about so many baby mamas, early initiation into drugs by peers and so many ills in the society. Parenting is slacking as the years go by and this is a major key player in this problem. That we are in the jet age shouldn't affect teaching Morales and paying attention to their behavioral patterns.

Imagine a girl being treated badly from 15 to 27 or a guy who started dating from 14, growing from heart breaks to cheap access to sex ...... how do you expect these lots to hold a home down ? Even though sex was cheap back then for some but the environment made it so sacred that you as a grown man might not have an access till you are 25 or more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by JoeEeL(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2021
They are discussing love when Fulani is encroaching on their lands.

South no just get sense at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Flier: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Teenagers of this days are far better than our days,I mean 1995 through 2007,I am sure things can never be that bad again
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Attend religious gatherings? Another sick human being
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2021
I stumbled upon a video on YouTube with young kids from south Africa Playing smash or pass challenge, this guys where using so much vulgarity that shook me to my bones. Imagine the number of viewers that are kids that will watch the video and think smashing and passing is a normal thing, there's a reason this people are called influencers.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Flier: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Ishilove:
When I was a teen we segregated ourselves in class and even on the road. Nowadays they are already sleeping with themselves before they hit 16. Appalling
Around what year ? Because I know the set of 1995 through 2007 are worst ever
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Sammy07: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Danielokpabans:
Scam.. Every relationship has its expiring date.. Let them rush in and rush out later na

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Sammy07: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Ishilove:

angry angry
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by ledaman: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:
How will you see it as a bad thing. Can you give what you don't have? Teenager's are supposed to stay focused with their studies not endulging in relationship that can lead to unwanted pregnancies and STD's.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / Man Set To Marry Two Wives From Same Community In Abia State (Photo) / How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.