Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria (44249 Views)

Questionable Trends Among Nigerian Men. / NIPOST Retiree Dies In Sex Romp With Two Teenagers In Akwa Ibom / Shocking Footage Of Two Teenagers In Pants Violently Attacking Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by EricSmallz(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2021
When I was 13, I had my first love.
Luda!
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by FBIBOT(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2021
It's so disturbing seeing grown-ups like above 20-25 running after 15, 16 years old gals just cos of rapid growth..... Morality has left Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Silentgroper(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
What exists in the mind of our teenagers subconsciously, isn't love but lost, infatuation and youthful exuberance
What lost? U mean they want to get lost in d world.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2021
I told you, You need to bann social media. There are so many seen and unforseen disadvantege of social media.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Edusouls(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2021
We call it the lost generation they were born from the souls of people that died tragically and in past wars that re incarnated into this ailing world, they are born carnal, wicked, materialistic, lack of respect, love of money is extreme, lazy, very greedy and irresponsible.we are the last Good generation the people of the 80’s and downwards, in the next 30 years earth would be a complete wasteland..

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by wildchild1: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2021
E get as e be ooo.
Lustful generation tongue
Their role models go soon make FP today angry

Meanwhile, this didn't just start yesterday. I could remember secondary school days when our colleagues would take the girls home (mostly after exams) to do 3-4-5-some & they would be giving you reports about the sex escapades. Thank God I was never part of the rubbish even though I had opportunity to do. Even if you don't care about male children, he that has a teen daughter should give her some moral lectures.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 10:59am On Jul 17, 2021
....... one party becomes bored and wants to try someone else and then the night falls on your undefined relationship. You then proceed to "chop breakfast".

OP! Well done o..........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2021
TheUndercover:
The use of social media and portrayal of romantic movies has made the statistics go higher. Myths like love at first sight, the soul mate, the special one was made real using these medium.

In this current age, a typical 15-20 years old girl might be dating 3 guys and they won't ever find out. It's crazy. The lack of regulations of these medium and irresponsible parents is also one of the leading causes of this common trend.

If the government now comes out and says they want to regulate movies and TV you will complain. Don't let TV raise your children, do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by UltimateSpice: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2021
Teenagers should face their studies.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2021
You want teens to enter purposeful relationships, this is a joke. grin

While you were a teen, how many purposeful relationships did you enter?

Abeg, let teens be teens.

5 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by QDubz(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even bulge...

Baba e dey hungry you, you just no know how to get am... Work on your self-esteem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Sweeetheart:
with good orientation, there is no big deal in a lady of 18yrs above going into relationship but not a relationship that won't support her dream

a girl below 18years should be place on watch, relationship has to do with mental state, if any girl is not mentally matured to enter relationship or doesn't know what relationship entails, she will just be reduced to intimacy gadgets in the hand of both old and young guys

there was a day I saw a ss2 student with uniform around my former area, she visited one man of the age 37-38. To my thinking that was her uncle, not until the man's neighbor told me that's how the girl do come and collect poron everyday except Saturday and Sunday after school? someone that have wife though living in other state o

I'm not scared to have a girl child but if my girl child is not a virgin on the night of her traditional marriage, I swear I won't collect her bride price from the man she want to marry, why should I collect bride price that represent values and dignity when she had been disflowered? I will try all my best to trained her but if she refused to learn, She'll be put to shame

Easier to say than do, harvest where u did not sow.

Are u a virgin when u married? Provided u married

Did u marry her..... ur wife as virgin?

If u fail in any of the above, u lack moral ground to enforce ur daughters to remain virgin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 11:03am On Jul 17, 2021
CheedyJ:
It’s always been like that jor, finished sec sch 2002 & I can state categorically that most of my classmates both male & female were already dating and some already had sex even before ss3.. nothing new here abeg
Ishilove:
When I was a teen we segregated ourselves in class and even on the road. Nowadays they are already sleeping with themselves before they hit 16. Appalling
Everyone here wants to form saint grin

They should ask their grandparents the age they got married. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Godmademan(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2021
It's only a problem now due to today's advancements and the requirements of education plus career success.

I don't think it was a problem many years ago when a guy who was deemed mature would have been apportioned his share of farmland and/or livestock to start up with. Once settled, the next step is to get a wife and bear sons that could assist in farm activity.

I have my own regrets for being too cautious. Once I turned 18, I could have had a date. Not for illicit purposes but the experience would have proven crucial.

5 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Sweeetheart(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Easier to say than do

stop identifying me with your inconsistency lifestyle

don't know why you kids no dey watch before you quote

getat joor

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2021
Teenage relationships just started? undecided

While I was in secondary school, there were plenty peeps who cut grass for making couples' list.

This was about 20yrs back.

And I had seniors in the very late 90s deboarded/suspended for getting pregnant.

5 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2021
Sweeetheart:

stop identifying me with your inconsistency lifestyle

don't know why you kids no dey watch before you quote

Go back and re-read my comment, I have edited it

getat joor
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2021
Edusouls:
We call it the lost generation they were born from the souls of people that died tragically and in past wars that re incarnated into this ailing world, they are born carnal, wicked, materialistic, lack of respect, love of money is extreme, lazy, very greedy and irresponsible.we are the last Good generation the people of the 80’s and downwards, in the next 30 years earth would be a complete wasteland..

Will you keep quiet. grin

Before the 80s where HIV was being distributed like biscuits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2021
TheUndercover:
The use of social media and portrayal of romantic movies has made the statistics go higher. Myths like love at first sight, the soul mate, the special one was made real using these medium.

In this current age, a typical 15-20 years old girl might be dating 3 guys and they won't ever find out. It's crazy. The lack of regulations of these medium and irresponsible parents is also one of the leading causes of this common trend.
What do you want to regulate on those mediums? Once a girl reaches 18 years she is free to do what she wants or do you want to increase the age to 25 because of suffering in Africa? The truth is if the economy is good most men and women will get married In their 20's, but now most ppl see 20 years old girl as small girl...lol forgetting that their parents even got married earlier.

6 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
I told you, You need to bann social media. There are so many seen and unforseen disadvantege of social media.

You know nairaland is a social media platform right. undecided

Honestly seun should start giving IQ tests before one can create an account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2021
QDubz:

Baba e dey hungry you, you just no know how to get am... Work on your self-esteem

Hell yeah am hungry!! Like dammmnn!! But no.
Not yet...

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Raydos: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Thought I was the only one who noticed this rubbish, Every teenager I see online now are either flaunting their lovers or crying about not being in a relationship!!

I mean if this is The future of Nigeria, Then the future is so fuçkèd up mehn!!

This also explains why the black race will continue to be in extreme poverty, Both the Adult and Young ones always focus on the wrong thing!!

A quick reminder that it's over 500 years since slavery, and Africa is still in extreme poverty and still the poorest continent in the world!!

Too many dumb people in this race!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2021
FBIBOT:
It's so disturbing seeing grown-ups like above 20-25 running after 15, 16 years old gals just cos of rapid growth..... Morality has left Nigeria

Nigeria was never moral we just like to deceive ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by BareFacedLies(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Married men and women sleeping around with reckless abandon are even worse than these kids!!

All these are fulfillment and a testament that the world is gradually winding to an end!

We have been hearing that the world will soon come to an end for the past 2,000 years grin
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2021
FBIBOT:

Is it not disturbing seeing 15-16 yrs old girls dress to kill mainly to attract 20-30 yrs old men?

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by BareFacedLies(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

You know nairaland is a social media platform right. undecided

Honestly seun should start giving IQ tests before one can create an account.

What makes you think you'll pass? grin

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by neyoohhh: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2021
The truth is there are no adults in Nigeria anymore to correct bad behaviour.

It's actually worse than you guys think, these are not teeny weeny relationships, it's drugged up kids watching graphic por n and trying to replicate in groups.. the adults are even worse, and they post everything on social media for all to see.

Expect a depraved completely dysfunctional future.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Onogiede(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2021
drizslim:
I keep saying this like a sermon

Don't date broke girls within their comfort zone who Will end up pressuring you TO do worse things to meet their insatiable demands
stop been silly & wicked, I prefer rest of mind with a broken true love lady,.. that's what are always pray for

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Darkblood: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2021
Damn niggar
Issoraite
OG cool
Ynix:
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by GABRIEL6036: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Teenage should concentrate on their studies ooo, watin musa see for gate his hand cannot finish telling the story episode.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / Man Set To Marry Two Wives From Same Community In Abia State (Photo) / How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.