Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria (44266 Views)

Questionable Trends Among Nigerian Men. / NIPOST Retiree Dies In Sex Romp With Two Teenagers In Akwa Ibom / Shocking Footage Of Two Teenagers In Pants Violently Attacking Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
BareFacedLies:

What makes you think you'll pass? grin

Unlike many idiots on this forum I know what a bloody social media platform means

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Infact everybody in ur family is a virgin even after marriage.

Everybody is a saint online yet in real life society is decaying
Lol, like i rightly said when you have daughters give them out to guys to service them so that they could gather much more experience before marriage

You are indeed a good man/husband/father

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
ledaman:
How will you see it as a bad thing. Can you give what you don't have? Teenager's are supposed to stay focused with their studies not endulging in relationship that can lead to unwanted pregnancies and STD's.
It is normal for adolescents to want to do what adults do since they are growing into the stage of puberty.
It seems you don't comprehend what I posted, male to female relationship is not bad, it is not about sex.
For me, I never had a girlfriend, not for once for 30 years of my living but everyone cannot be like me. It is natural for males to get attracted to females, understanding boundaries is just the key. One of my classmates during my secondary school days told me, his father and mother being married started dating since their primary school days.
The way parents raise their children matters.
I repeat again there is nothing wrong in a 12 or 13 years old boy or girl having a girlfriend the issue is are they trained about boundaries of no sex, life purpose and being visionary.
When I was in secondary school, numbers of girls who were school mates wanted to have me as their boyfriend but I chose not to because I was confused about purpose and being visionary. Yet I do not condemn my mates who had, as long as both parties are not chasing frivolous living and sexual immorality there is no problem.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Debra911(f): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Wen I was in pry six, 1991 ,I knew 2 of my mates then Seun and Toyin, fucking each other on several occasions, I could remember vividly.

Wen we enter jss 1, that was the first time I heard about sperm and how it was slippery, it was my classmate that told us, I first saw condom in the hand of my friend in J SS 3 who erroneously blowing it thinking it was "blow blow", it was also one of my mate in jss 3 who told us what it was and it's usefulness
Hahahaha...very funny
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
Lol, like i rightly said when you have daughters give them out to guys to service them so that they could gather much more experience before marriage

You are indeed a good man/husband/father

You may develop heart attack on that pls. I'm unperturbed if .....

When you have daughters and refuse to be virgin before wedding day, make sure you commit suicide ok

Ur male child don't spare him too ok, lock his pennnis , at least the whole world will see a confirmed disciplined lunatic father.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SirMichael1: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ugaboy:
O.P pls leave teenager and focus on ur life...or are u flinging for anyone.

This normal, especially those one experiencing puberty...also exposure to social media.

Hollywood and Korea teen romance Movies stimulate them to wants to live their life like what they watch.

I don't see this as problem of life..cus u can't help it...as the word is advancing, we unlocking new level life.

Nigerians teen they learn work for were Americans or white teens dey...those one even introduce their love to their parents

You comment without tact, as though you're still a teenager. Are they the first to go through puberty. You talk as if we never went through the phase.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
DrDax:

Way ahead, or you were too chicken to speak to your crush.... cheesy
I am the bold type, I just figured it out too early that it was a waste of my time.
I began reading about the History of Nigeria at 8, I began studying about purpose and vision at 9. At 12-13 I already concluded to either be a lawyer or engineer, of which presently I am an engineer.
I did a detailed study on beauty between 12 and 14 and learned that beauty fades.
Till date I am consumed by being purposeful and making impacts than crushing after ladies up and down. If I were interested in a lady, I don't waste time I just ask for a yes or no.
May be I am not romantic, for me there is more to life than wasting my emotions away

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Debra911:

Hahahaha...very funny

Saying this, that teenage fornication is old as world age, some elements who involved in it when they were in secondary if not pry, would come online to lay claim as innocent.

I was one of very few among my mates that didn't have sex in secondary school, as back as 2 decades , and I recollect many of my senior then were having sex as well.

Then I knew several of our secondary school teachers that were dating their students

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

What do you mean by "way ahead of those things"?
I already figured what I wanted to do with my life before leaving primary school.
Something like 20 years ahead of my classmates in terms of thinking. They often called me ITK then until they realized my passion and uniqueness
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Debra911(f): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
The only sister i had, she was the ADA and the first child of our parents. She got married as a virgin @26years to an igbo guy. They got married 2007 and their marriage is blessed with 3 kids (a girl and 2 boys)

The husband is so much into her, they loved themselves like say tomorrow no day

The guy flaunts her to whosoever that cares to listen that he met her untouched, the guy family loves and cherish her just because of that

My parents played a major role on her, especially my mum. She never dated and she was a good wife and mother to her hubby and kids respectively

Provided you are from a good home, you will definitely know how to build a family because you aren't blind. You see the way your parents built theirs and she was being taught and guided by her parents

The husband do respect my parents/family like say tomorrow no day, for raising an upright daughter with good morals.

I also have a female friend who got married last year as a virgin, she's blessed with a son now and the husband is so much in love with her for keeping herself

Fine, im still a young guy who doesn't even know his left from right though. But one thing i know is that getting married a virgin to the right partner as a grown lady brings respect not only to the lady but also to her parents.

Having relationship experience isn't a yardstick to a successful or blossom marriage, it's not a job or business that experience is needed. You can still even perform above average in some job without experience.

Provided she's from a good family, she will raise a successful family. My sister did, my friend did and so many other girls will.
God bless you, you've said it all.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Christonjnr:

Naso them go impregnate ur teenage daughter or sister soon
It is impossible, I am not married not to talk of having a daughter, but if I had one she will be a global citizen and heroine that won't have time for all that, as long as I do my assignment well
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
[quote author=horlharthundhey post=103800350][/quote

We sure are.]
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
purpinkx:

Budge =>

make or cause to make the slightest movement.
"the queue in the bank hasn't budged"

Bulge =>

a rounded swelling which distorts an otherwise flat surface.
"the telltale bulge of a concealed weapon"

------

The correct word in this context is budge

Thanks amigo

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Easier to say than do, harvest where u did not sow.

Are u a virgin when u married? Provided u married

Did u marry her ur wife as virgin?

If u fail in any of the above, u lack moral ground to enforce ur daughters to remain virgin.

The guy Sweeetheart doesn't disappoint with his foólish comments
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
temitope27:
hey kid, shut up there

What's your problem cabroñ
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Debra911(f): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Saying this that teenage fornication is old as world age, some elements who involved in it when they were in secondary if not pry, will come online to lay claim
You've got a point , teenagers palava no be today.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

Please what's the difference between Facebook and Nairaland. smiley

For one you don’t have sections on FB. For two, you can’t keep at archive of photos on your profile. Okay, smooth rain?

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

When you have daughters and refuse to be virgin before wedding day, make sure you commit suicide ok

Ur male child don't spare him too ok, lock his pennnis , at least the whole world will see a confirmed disciplined lunatic father.
like i rightly said upbringing matter most

If my parents can do it, i can also do it as well

God is not in support of bad thing. He will also help and support me in raising an upright kids just as he did for my parents and some other parents out there

Lastly, please endeavour your daughters had much more experience that will help them build a successful home. The higher their experience the higher their chances of keeping a home

You are a good father that every child in the whole universe should have wink wink

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even budge...
STONEMAN
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
Its nothing new, it might be a good thing to go into relationship so that you know the right person for you.
Dont wait for church to choose partner for you, pastor don't know anything about relationship, experience is the best teacher.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by neyoohhh: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

What they are actually doing is worse than the rosy teeny love you have described.

Behaviour that leads to permanent damage where the line between right and wrong is blurry.

This will have a catastrophic effect on Nigeria.

Black Americans didn't survive the drugs and thotery which started around the 90s, up till now thing's have just gotten worse.

So your point is mute, just say u don't care and probably loving it.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
like i rightly said upbringing matter most

If my parents can do it, i can also do it as well

God is not in support of bad thing. He will also help and support me in raising an upright kids just as he did for my parents and some other parents out there

Lastly, please endeavour your daughters had much more experience that will help them build a successful home. The higher their experience the higher their chances of keeping a home

You are a good father that every child in the whole universe should have wink wink

At bolded yes oooo.

In as much I'm not supporting immorality, but I vehemently frown at......if ur daughters not a virgin, u won't collect bride price. Who does that? Only a Satanist father does that.

Fornication is not only unrighteousness or immorality, exam malpractice, disobedience, unruling behavior etc
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Debra911(f): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Infact everybody in ur family is a virgin even after marriage.

Everybody is a saint online yet in real life society is decaying
You don't have to force someone to accept what you believe, he just spoke from his own perspective and what he believes exist. To think that there are no virgins in this present generation is absurd. Everybody is not conforming to the society , so long ppl are living differently and the way they wish, certainly you should expect the good and bad.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
neyoohhh:

What they are actually doing is worse than the rosy teeny love you have described.

Behaviour that leads to permanent damage where the line between right and wrong is blurry.

This will have a catastrophic effect on Nigeria.

Black Americans didn't survive the drugs and thotery which started around the 90s, up till now thing's have just gotten worse.

So your point is mute, just say u don't care and probably loving it.

Show me a society where a father won't accept bride price just cos his female child is not a virgin, I will accept whatever you say, but if you can mention a single country in the whole universe where as low as 25% of her female teenagers are virgin, I will agree ur head is turned upside down when you are dishing out comment
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by izubext007: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
[s]
OneMarvee:
Many teenagers have recently joined the dating pool. Every secondary school student now has a "special someone".

I am quite appalled at the staggering rise at which teenagers enter relationships just to join the trend.

Going into relationships without being friends first, for financial and sexual benefits, to update Instagram and Facebook?
It gets worse after several months of love-playing and exhausting infatuation, one party becomes bored and wants to try someone else and then the night falls on your undefined relationship. You then proceed to "chop breakfast".

No long term goals or aspirations, no detailed commitments. Just vibes and fulfilled emptiness.

Young people need to reevaluate their decisions and stop jumping on bandwagons. Focus on your education and your goals, that is what matters most now. And if you must, be with someone who you can grow with, share each others goals and ideas, have meaningful conversations, pray or attend religious gatherings.

Let your relationship be purposeful.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- E1S2
[/s]

Not too young to rule
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by neyoohhh: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Show me a society where a father won't accept bride price just cos his female child is not a virgin, I will accept whatever you say, but if you can mention a single country in the whole universe where as low as 25% of her female teenagers are virgin, I will agree ur head is turned upside down when you are dishing out comment

We are not talking about just virginity, they are doing a lot worse just as much as the useless adults who enable them and doing similar stuff.

I don't need to say everything, you should be able to connect the dots.

In simple English... Experimenting with stuff that causes permanent damage.

Note i have no issues with teeny weeny relationships.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

At bolded yes oooo.

In as much I'm not supporting immorality, but I vehemently frown at......if ur daughters not a virgin, u won't collect bride price. Who does that? Only a Satanist father does that.

Fornication is not only unrighteousness or immorality, exam malpractice, disobedience, unruling behavior etc

God frowned at FORNICATION and adultery

The respect my parents get from their inlaws is worthy to emulate.

I know the kind of person you are so there's no point wrestling words with you further

LIKE I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS MENTION, PROVIDED SHE MET THE RIGHT PARTNER

A man who sees nothing in virginity will definitely not value it

Probably the two people i knew who got married as a virgin met the right partner.

Their partner love them like say tomorrow no day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Cousin9999: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
It's not wrong, but they really should wait until they're older and focus on school.

I suspect many do it because of peer pressure, too much/too early exposure to adult matters, popular culture being way too explicit, low self-esteem, sheer boredom, and wanting to "feel" grown up.

I think it's a good idea to do things to make them more focused on personal development. Mentor them. Encourage them.

You can also just overschedule them, so hopefully they don't have time to date. lol They can't date if they're always in class, doing extra training, at sports practice, at music lessons, working for their hobby club, or doing volunteer work. It's also good to scare the heck out of nasty little boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NvrGHZ7u6I
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by NorthernSerene(m): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Farid24224:
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even budge...
Mashallah, thats' my nigga.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
VTJN:
God frowned at FORNICATION and adultery

The respect my parents get from their inlaws is worthy to emulate.

I know the kind of person you are so there's no point wrestling words with you further

LIKE I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS MENTION, PROVIDED SHE MET THE RIGHT PARTNER

A man who sees nothing in virginity will definitely not value it

Probably the two people i knew who got married as a virgin met the right partner.

Their partner love them like say tomorrow no day

In ur Bible fornication is bigger than lies about?

In ur Bible some who commit fraud will go to heaven?

Idolatry is not frown at in ur own scripture?

And for the who am I? I am total not concerned about how you or world sees me ok.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Happy2020: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
I would NEVER raise a child in Nigeria. The countries moral compass is way off even compared to the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by PristineDesk: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid 500,000 Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / Man Set To Marry Two Wives From Same Community In Abia State (Photo) / How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.