Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,150 members, 7,852,923 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (80120 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
east Africa is into Sauti sol and diamond platinumz(a copy copy afrobeats singer)
So? I'm saying those regions gravitate more to South African music. I didn't say they don't listen to Afrobeat
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you bringing up "cloning Davido and Wizkid" is just plain dumb

that's why I prefer talking to tmk south
Lol, By not agreeing to my points doesn't make them dumb, and psst, I don't give a flying fvck who you prefer talking to
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Diverse as the country itself cool
Yup, and their music industry is exactly the same as their one commodity economy

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you're getting it wrong
you don't make opera "truly African"

you create music that is truly African

opera cannot be African

I told u yesterday we created kwaito, Gqom, amapiano, etc etc. We're not shy to innovate. But when Opera enthusiasts come to SA they get to hear a different form of the genre - and we get awarded for it. It's part of our tourism nightlife - taking tourists to theatres to listen to African opera and orchestras.

Where do u take your tourists in Nigeria - to clubs to listen to afrobeats all night long grin?

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Yup, and their music industry is exactly the same as their one commodity economy

Ouch! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
okay

what is African football? cheesy
Do you understand what an analogy is? grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, if they are so diverse why are we bombarded with the same sounding musicans on Trace, ChannelO, etc?, why is that when your artists try to do something different end up doing Afrobeats again ? Your rappers end up singing bro! In SA it's different, AKA sold gold, Kwesta sold platinum, So did Nasty C. Our Gospel artists make crazy numbers, Our soul musicians too.
I told you already
most of our genres are for internal consumption

we have everything
even amapiano/house
search for niniola on YouTube

patoranking sings dancehall
pasuma sings fuji
hip hop- tekno, Falz
r n b -darey(once made a hit with Soweto choir)

is essence by Wizkid and terms afrobeat?

you guys group too much stuff as afrobeats
that's the problem
only burnaboy,Davido,yemi Alade etc sing afrobeats
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

I told u yesterday we created kwaito, Gqom, amapiano, etc etc. We're not shy to innovate. But when Opera enthusiasts come to SA they get to hear a different form of the genre - and we get awarded for it. It's part of our tourism nightlife - taking tourists to theatres to listen to African opera and orchestras.

Where do u take your tourists in Nigeria - to clubs to listen to afrobeats all night long grin?
we don't have only afrobeats and you know that
stop behaving like a child angry
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Do you understand what an analogy is? grin
fvck off
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you're getting it wrong
you don't make opera "truly African"

you create music that is truly African

opera cannot be African

Watch award-winning uCarmen eKhayelitsha at some point.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFEgd08b7SY
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
whatever

afrobeats is what is pushing African music now

we recently got to no 14 on billboards top 200 with essence

something no Zulu has dreamt of
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Watch award-winning uCarmen eKhayelitsha at some point.
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFEgd08b7SY
wtf is this? and why should I watch a 14 year old video?
check this out Fela the creator of afrobeats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5x6pbJMyU
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
we don't have only afrobeats and you know that
stop behaving like a child angry

Then why is it all that Nigerians talk about all day and all night - and to diss South Africans with? It's like u have nothing else going for u.

See how IronGalaxy and I have brought up a wide array of SA music selection, you guys rarely ever do that. It's afrobeats this, afrobeats that - so don't blame us, the same way u didn't know SA had 9 Grammy's and awesome DJs and opera singers is the same way we don't know anything about Nigeria other than afrobeats.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I told you already
most of our genres are for internal consumption

we have everything
even amapiano/house
search for niniola on YouTube

patoranking sings dancehall
pasuma sings fuji
hip hop- tekno, Falz
r n b -darey(once made a hit with Soweto choir)

is essence by Wizkid and terms afrobeat?

you guys group too much stuff as afrobeats
that's the problem
only burnaboy,Davido,yemi Alade etc sing afrobeats
Nigerian music that's not Afrobeat simply doesn't thrive, let's just not sugarcoat it. it's basically Afrobeat or nothing! it's exact;ly why your artists switch genres.
Niniola basically does South African style type of music hence her collaborations with SA producers
Your hip hop doesn't sound to different from your Afrobeats, you should probably get proper Hip hop producers.I understand Phyno's supposed to be a rapper but sounds Afrobeats too! All of them, Yemi,patoranking, etc

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Then why is it all that Nigerians talk about all day and all night - and to diss South Africans with? It's like u have nothing else going for u.

See how IronGalaxy and I have brought up a wide array of SA music selection, you guys rarely ever do that. It's afrobeats this, afrobeats that - so don't blame us, the same way u didn't know SA had 9 Grammy's and awesome DJs and opera singers is the same way we don't know anything about Nigeria other than afrobeats.
nonesense
it's because afrobeats is astronomically successful

Nigerian have also won 9 Grammys
only about 4 of them are related to afrobeats

https://www.legit.ng/1407443-9-nigerians-won-grammy-awards-5-nominations-names.html
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
whatever

afrobeats is what is pushing African music now

we recently got to no 14 on billboards top 200 with essence

something no Zulu has dreamt of
Of course the market is there, there are Nigerians everywhere. it makes sense.
Zulus don't have to dream. Ladysmith Black Mambazo has more Grammys than all of your artists combined.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
wtf is this?
and why should I watch a 14 year old video?

check this out
Fela the creator of afrobeats
U

You complain about a 14 year old movie and yet send me one thats 40 years old undecided are u for real or a zombie as well?

The point of my video was to show how we began to make opera in the African context - and it worked, the world loved it! U said it's not possible.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
nonesense

Nigerian have also win 9 Grammys

https://www.legit.ng/1407443-9-nigerians-won-grammy-awards-5-nominations-names.html
Yup it's successful when you're talking numbers, but quality is thin.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nigerian music that's not Afrobeat simply doesn't thrive, let's just not sugarcoat it. it's basically Afrobeat or nothing! it's exact;ly why your artists switch genres.
Niniola basically does South African style type of music hence her collaborations with SA producers
Your hip hop doesn't sound to different from your Afrobeats, you should probably get proper Hip hop producers.I understand Phyno's supposed to be a rapper but sounds Afrobeats too! All of them, Yemi,patoranking, etc
Nigerian music that isn't afrobeat thrive and do very well inside Nigeria
is tems an afrobeat singer?

is this tiwa savage song afrobeat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDAgjaxDWI

Phyno sings in Igbo(that's why he sounds "afrobeats"wink
maybe because of the pidgin
pidgin makes most of our music "sound afrobeats"

niniola has been doing her music with no SA influence for a long time
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Yup it's successful when you're talking numbers, but quality is thin.
you don't understand pidgin

so I'll accept you think the quality is bad

music with no quality doesn't take up numbers - especially not music from Nigeria that things are really competitive
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

You complain about a 14 year old movie and yet send me one thats 40 years old undecided are u for real or a zombie as well?

The point of my video was to show how we began to make opera in the African context - and it worked, the world loved it! U said it's not possible.

okay
I'll see it

that video is Fela
not just anyone wink
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Zulus don't have to dream. Ladysmith Black Mambazo has more Grammys than all of your artists combined.
it's a group
nine Grammys for all the artists in a group
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
nonesense

Nigerian have also win 9 Grammys

One thing I like most about SA is we don't have to leave our country to become great. All our Grammy's are won from right here in Africa whereas Nigerians have to travel outside and benefit from Western resources before they can make it big. I mean Sade, Seal, some saxophonist in Birmingham shocked - do they really count as Nigerian wins? And some Nigerian drummer in an American band is also counted as a Grammy winner for Nigeriashocked shocked shocked? That's clutching at straws dude. Anyway, congratulations.

So since u playing dirty like that I'm gonna increase SA's Grammy count to 39 to also include Americans and Brits of SA origin. There, boom, SA count moves from 9 to 39! cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nigerians arent that many to make such a feat

infact
most Nigerians (including me) don't like that song
its too foreign
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you don't understand pidgin

so I'll accept you think the quality is bad

music with no quality doesn't take up numbers - especially not music from Nigeria that things are really competitive
Look, language has nothing to do with quality. Music from Senegalese legend Youssour n Dour and Salif Keita's quality and I have no idea what they're saying.

Bad music does make numbers actually, especially nowadays...the likes of Lil pump, 2 Chainz, Young this,Lil that...these people rake in dollars

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it's a group
nine Grammys for all the artists in a group

But 5 over the years.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
Nigerians arent that many to make such a feat

infact
most Nigerians (including me) don't like that song
its too foreign
Dude, when your artists fill up the O2 Arena in the UK who do you think is filling that? grin grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

One think I like most about SA is we don't have to leave our country to become great. All our Grammy's are won from right here in Africa whereas Nigerians have to travel outside and benefit from Western resources before they can make it big. I mean Sade, Seal, some saxophonist in Birmingham shocked - do they really count as Nigerian wins? And some Nigerian drummer in an American band is also counted as a Grammy winner for Nigeriashocked shocked shocked? That's pulling at straws dude. Anyway, congratulations.

So since u playing dirty like that I'm gonna increase SA's Grammy count to 39 to include Americans and Brits of SA origin. There, boom, SA count moves from 9 to 39! cool cool cool
Nigerians travel a lot
our nigerianess never leaves us

most of the SA songs that won Grammys are not SA in nature

all Nigerian Grammys are Nigerian in nature
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Dude, when your artists fill up the O2 Arena in the UK who do you think is filling that? grin grin
mostly non Nigerians
trust me
we don't really do concerts and stuff
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
mostly non Nigerians
trust me
we don't really do concerts and stuff
grin grin grin ah come on, are you telling me some scrawny football-obsessed pale kid from Lancashire is the one filling Arenas when Pantoraking's perfoming? The same UK with such a high number of Nigerians? highly unlikely

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

Nigerians travel a lot
our nigerianess never leaves us

most of the SA songs that won Grammys are not SA in nature

all Nigerian Grammys are Nigerian in nature
Ok, now you are just clutching at straws. taking chances grin

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Look, language has nothing to do with quality. Music from Senegalese legend Youssour n Dour and Salif Keita's quality and I have no idea what they're saying.

Bad music does make numbers actually, especially nowadays...the likes of Lil pump, 2 Chainz, Young this,Lil that...these people rake in dollars
okay

can you tell me a popular Naija song that is of low quality?

those guys aren't Nigerian
lol cheesy
those guys can't rap without saying "nigga a thousand times grin

nasty c does far better than them

they have the market that's why they like that
black Americans love that music

I agree with you on this one

check out dababy's remix of essence cheesy
with a thousand "niggas grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGjOT_Rsw0I

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.