Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? (25839 Views)

How Many Kids Do You Still Wanna Have? / Your Kids Would Love This!!!! Check It Out / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
bleskid:
I'm a very humble guy
Abi now.
3 gbosa 4 d pesin wey born you
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by 24brains(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

It wasn't op that said it.....
It was one author that quoted her not me,don't confuse my already confused brain please grin grin
lol grin grin
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

Abi now.
3 gbosa 4 d pesin wey born you
thank you very much pls may I know you ... I'm martins ,,, blesboi ubebe @fb ...blesboi ubebe on Twitter .... @ blesboi ubebe on Instagram....
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
bleskid:
thank you very much pls may I know you ... I'm martins ,,, blesboi ubebe @fb ...blesboi ubebe on Twitter .... @ blesboi ubebe on Instagram....
I'm Elizabeth
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
I'm Elizabeth
are u on any social media ...
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
I'm Elizabeth
I'm also on WhatsApp 09081500165
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
bleskid:
are u on any social media ...
Yes on facebook though I'm not active on it like before.
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
bleskid:
I'm also on WhatsApp 09081500165
I'm yet to have a whatsapp account.
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by afroxyz: 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

That's the point
It does NOT match
And China is a wrong example
Because they developed for decades draconian policies to limit their population growth rate
That is what contributed in part to their prosperity.

You want to know what is common to every country with an exploding population?
Poverty, misery and social unrest

And what you said in your last paragraph also validates my point.
Aging population is easier to fix than an exploding population
Because while the former is trying to bring new life
The latter has the people here already and how do they deal with them if not systematically kill them off

You have still not presented any facts to support yiur argument. China matched its booming population with infrastutural development. Yes they had to limit population growth, but now they have increased their birth rate for couples to 3 children. This is the second time in two decades they would be raising birth ratw for couples. So why would they want their populatiin to increase after limiting it at first? Because they have the infrastuture to absorb the population growth.

Birth cintrol and population control are schemes brought by developed countries to not tilt the scale in favour of others. If population growth is not a driver in economic devlopment, why is canada planning to bring in 400k immigrants per year?

Countries with huge population (especially if most of them are young) are usually seen as beacon of economic growth provided they have the economy and infrastuture to support it. Read about the asian cubs.

Give me an instance where a nation had an aging population and were comfortable with it
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by afroxyz: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
honestly, nigeria needs a two child policy and to legalise safe abortions

Nigeria needs to develop the economy and infrastuture. Our problem is not population but bad governance.The population is a huge selling point for the country. Why do you think any company coming to Africa first considers Nigeria? Because they know it has a huge market. Even those that cant operate in Nigeria due to poor infrastuture, go to Ghana to produce goods to sell in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Chairwoman: 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
Six and three adopted children from other races. smiley
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

give me you number now let me call or just flash me let me call
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by franxalive(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
A friend of mine once told me that she wishes to have only two kids and I was like;
Dey there dey make mouth, honestly you can never understimate and resist the power of mister dickson,the thing go just dey sweet ya tongue, till you will have more than the number of the planned kids you won't realise.She only nodded and smiled smiley

So my fellow nairalanders with the situation and economy of Nigeria,how many kids do you wish to have?

2 ..MAX 3 undecided

1 Like

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by RodgersAkpafu: 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
afroxyz:

You have still not presented any facts to support yiur argument. China matched its booming population with infrastutural development. Yes they had to limit population growth, but now they have increased their birth rate for couples to 3 children. This is the second time in two decades they would be raising birth ratw for couples. So why would they want their populatiin to increase after limiting it at first? Because they have the infrastuture to absorb the population growth.

Birth cintrol and population control are schemes brought by developed countries to not tilt the scale in favour of others. If population growth is not a driver in economic devlopment, why is canada planning to bring in 400k immigrants per year?

Countries with huge population (especially if most of them are young) are usually seen as beacon of economic growth provided they have the economy and infrastuture to support it. Read about the asian cubs.

Give me an instance where a nation had an aging population and were comfortable with it
Population and population growth rate are not the same.
China lost millions to hunger because they had so many people that they could not feed.
This is an empirical fact.
Chinas rise to power also coincided with their tight control of their population growth. Having control over this makes economic planning easier.
Many of you dont seem to get that
Uganda has a higher population growth rate than Nigeria, even though they have a relatively smaller population than we do
And guess what, they are in a bigger mess than we are

The nexus between rapid population growth rate and poverty misery and social unrest is an empirical fact.
It's my field, so I know
Aging population and exploding populations are both not ideal, but the former is still way better than the latter.
And talking of Canada, the main reason for the policy boils down to two things

1. The retirees are getting more and more, nd are refusing to die (it's a good thing)
Advances in medicine has made us live longer
Unfortunately for many who grow into 70+ their economic productivity reduces and hence have to be catered to, which leads to the second issue

2) Pensions and benefits
Because of the aging population living longer, there are more old people to take care of financially.
These old people paid into the fund and aee drawing out of it. Most western govts have squandered these funds (George Bush is no 1 example).
They need more workers to pay into the fund for these old people to keep drawing out of it.

If they were not living longer, the issue of reducing population wont really be an issue .but because there are old people who need to be taken care of, and the govt has a responsibility to do that, they need young workers to pay into the fund
Nothing more
Nothing less

Automation can solve the labour issue once and for all in these western countries
But there is an issue....
Robots dont pay taxes or spend money or contribute to retirement funds
If you dont have grip on the population growth rate, your country will be failed and finished, another statistical fact
Even in the middle east, the countries that are talking apart breed like rats for the most part

1 Like

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
franxalive:

2 ..MAX 3 undecided
may ya wish come true

1 Like

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by franxalive(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

may ya wish come true

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

YOU TOO DEAR!!!

1 Like

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by queenfav(f): 1:03am On Sep 11, 2021
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Gfskw: 1:53am On Sep 11, 2021
2 at most one should have been great but Ayo lo ma pa
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by computersoft: 2:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Beebah2000:
7 for toilets?? I don't understand
He mean condom tins. But are u a learner.
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 7:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

I don't use that email .. I have seen your massage but I can't check before I forget the email details
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 11, 2021
computersoft:
He mean condom tins. But are u a learner.
yeah
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2021
bleskid:
I don't use that email .. I have seen your massage but I can't check before I forget the email details
It's okay.
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by bleskid: 7:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
It's okay.
pls call me so that I will call you back ..
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bolarineliza202: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2021
koyyess:

grin grin grin grin
I am pretentious because I pointed out your dumbness and addiction for d1ck? grin grin grin

You have no shame at all and yes, you have mental problem. I hope your smart friend gets the memo and stays clear from you. She will make a better mother than you will ever be.

*She will make a better mother than you will ever be*
This part got me laughing grin
See husband material 1,000 yards
Dindinrin mumu ode dumbass grin
Na this type boy shag anything under skirt dey pretend like say he never made mention of the female genital before.See the male version of Jennifer Lopez
Professional sex maniac spotted grin grin grin
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Bunmhi(f): 8:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Dearlord(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2021
millionboi:
till ur wife hit monopause

Yeah, then I take in another one to continue
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
A friend of mine once told me that she wishes to have only two kids and I was like;
Dey there dey make mouth, honestly you can never understimate and resist the power of mister dickson,the thing go just dey sweet ya tongue, till you will have more than the number of the planned kids you won't realise.She only nodded and smiled smiley

So my fellow nairalanders with the situation and economy of Nigeria,how many kids do you wish to have?
By God’s grace 3 or 4

1 Like

Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by DSuperiorBrand: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

By God’s grace 3 or 4

1 or 2 is ok, madam
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by Handsomebb: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2021
none here in Nigeria.
Re: With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? by afroxyz: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Population and population growth rate are not the same.
China lost millions to hunger because they had so many people that they could not feed.
This is an empirical fact.
Chinas rise to power also coincided with their tight control of their population growth. Having control over this makes economic planning easier.
Many of you dont seem to get that
Uganda has a higher population growth rate than Nigeria, even though they have a relatively smaller population than we do
And guess what, they are in a bigger mess than we are

The nexus between rapid population growth rate and poverty misery and social unrest is an empirical fact.
It's my field, so I know
Aging population and exploding populations are both not ideal, but the former is still way better than the latter.
And talking of Canada, the main reason for the policy boils down to two things

1. The retirees are getting more and more, nd are refusing to die (it's a good thing)
Advances in medicine has made us live longer
Unfortunately for many who grow into 70+ their economic productivity reduces and hence have to be catered to, which leads to the second issue

2) Pensions and benefits
Because of the aging population living longer, there are more old people to take care of financially.
These old people paid into the fund and aee drawing out of it. Most western govts have squandered these funds (George Bush is no 1 example).
They need more workers to pay into the fund for these old people to keep drawing out of it.

If they were not living longer, the issue of reducing population wont really be an issue .but because there are old people who need to be taken care of, and the govt has a responsibility to do that, they need young workers to pay into the fund
Nothing more
Nothing less

Automation can solve the labour issue once and for all in these western countries
But there is an issue....
Robots dont pay taxes or spend money or contribute to retirement funds
If you dont have grip on the population growth rate, your country will be failed and finished, another statistical fact
Even in the middle east, the countries that are talking apart breed like rats for the most part

Oga provide facts and stop making assumptions based on western theories and propaganda.

My point has always been population growth + infrastructural development = economic prosperity. This should answer your question about Uganda.

You cant grow your population without harnessing that labour to boost productivity. Its a time bomb.

The countries with the fastest GDP growth are those with growing populations and the infrastructural capacity to back it up.

Countries go poor because they dont develop their infrastuture, not because they have a high population growth.

Even our forefathers understood this. Thats why they had many wives to bear children (population) to take care of their lands (infrastructure). If they didn't have abundant farmlands, they would not marry many wives.

I have never heard where an aging population is used as an indication of an economy with good prospects. Economists always use young demographics and population growth. Once again i refer you to the asian cubs.

China became the manufacturing hub of the world because they were able to leverage their huge population to reduce production costs. Thats why American companies outsourced their manufacturing to China. Take a look at the trade deficit betqeen China and US to compare.

So you think it is a coincidence that the two biggest markets and economies in the world (US and China) are the most populous countries with high level infrastrtural development? The biggest economy in Africa is the most populous country on the continent.

If more people are getting older and retiring, who would work to boost the economy? Are the pension funds infinite that they would not get exhausted?

Even western development was built on population growth through slave trade and exploitation of cheap labour

What automation are u talking about? Automation would only free up some jobs to allow humans focus on higher things. Even if you want to automate, is it not humans that would engineer and program the robots?

Once again i ask: China has increased birth rate for couples from 1 child to 3 children in 2 decades. This is a country that has a high level of automation, booming economy and churning out more millionaires than any country presently. Why didnt they sit back and say we should not grow our population? Why didnt they allow robots automate production?

If you have a growing population, and the labour market has the capacity to absorb them, you are on the path to economic prosperity.

Leave all these globalist theories. They are only meant to serve one set of people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Lady Ran Away With My Pregnancy. / Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. / I Caught My Wife Cheating: What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.