Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,188 members, 7,864,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria (29887 Views)

2023: Anambra Youth Coalition Asks Obi To Step Down / Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria / Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
BKayy:

Take your time, research how the economy of Uganda nose dived to ashes after they chased away the Indian Middle men and how Haiti went from the richest in the Caribbean to the poorest.

The estates used by the Indians in in Uganda is still there inhabited. Till date it is still the most beautiful neighbourhood in the sithole except that it is uninhabited.

After Biafra, you won't be the one chasing but us punishing you by using any means necessary to bring them back to Igboland. All of them.
Like Kampala Uganda, Lagos will be the slum capital of the World

I still wonder why igbos feel they have any significant contribution to Lagos economy or any other place.

BUA alone contributes to Lagos and south is by far bigger than all igbos have including that which is in the south east. If u join dangote then men igbos won't even make a ripple in the waters. #FACTS

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by UCyril: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2021
Buddha3:

Oga, respect yourself!
There are no minorities in Cross River that exclusively belong to the Igbos. Some of you just sit down to concoct retarded writeups and analysis while ignoring the factual realities of it.

The issue of any South South state or region joining a Biafran nation remains a sole decision of the individuals concerned. Do not under any circumstances seek to forcefully or slyly annex any part of Cross River in particular to the Igbos. If you're seeking a referendum based separation from the Nigerian state, it would amount to a colossal error on your part to seek to force another region to being a part of Biafra.
Some of you talk without verifying issues, have you heard of isobo community in cross rivers state , do you know there are igbo communities in Abi and Yala LGA .pls read about cross rivers state Wikipedia before replying me, igbos don't need you people they only what there people in cross rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by BlackPantherxXx: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2021
Igbos go beg them last last.

I trust them grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by PENNYSWAP: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Economy of South East is irrelevant... they contribute zero to Nigeria Economy, that is why Sit at home in East doesn't have any impact on Nigeria economy and other parts of Nigeria

Go school you no go gree

Do you know the amount of import duty Nigeria generate from this 60% cargo??

Common sense ain’t common

3 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Cajal(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2021
Emergingnation1:
Best News ever... Yaruba Muslims can continue their joint headslamming with their fulani counterpart in one Nijiara for all we care...grin grin .. E sweet me die... IPOB ride on with your liberation struggling, we are solidly behind you

religious bigotry will not destroy your life
People like you really need help
May God Almighty grant you
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2021
May God bless all of them... grin
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Babathanks(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2021
Seems they are mad, if south east is exited from Nigeria then we yoruba are going also because we don't have any relationship with the hausas and we don't want to be in the same country with them besides this bad predicament is caused by there fore father nnamdi azikwe
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by nick50(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Positivepoint:

But an indirect referendum has been happening with ipob sit at home order. The only participating states or area are the only places of influence u people have thus clearly shows u these people who did not participate aren't with u and ur cause.
...we need referendum...biafrans are not claiming the whole of the so called rivers state or delta state..we need our indigenous igbo communities back..u don't expect d likes of ndoni to sit at home wen thier governor is an ikwere man that believes that he is from Benin.. conduct a referendum and u will get d shocker of ur lives ,we don't care if u afonja headslammers choose to remain with fulanis but afonja Christians will be liberated if thier population is bigger than d Muslim terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by joe120120(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/northern-coalition-asks-court-to-exit-s-east-from-nigeria

We the south south will be included by ishi Allah

Coalition of Northern Groups ,u people are coward cow , what are waiting 4 or to say die Nigeria now
U want to go to asorock again come 2023
Lie 4ever
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by bdon123(m): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2021
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/northern-coalition-asks-court-to-exit-s-east-from-nigeria
This seems like a patriotic n wise set of northerners.All this violence is unnecessary.Guve d southeast a chance to decide if they want to remain in Nigeria.Hold a referendum n use that to shut d mouth of d south east if it doesnt go their way.Bottom line u cannot force a union ...instead ,u bringing Nigeria into another civil war it surely cannot win n even if it does,is d blood of d millions who will die on both sides worth it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Naajjii: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2021
Penguin2:
It’s not Southeast that will be exited alone.

It’s the entire old Eastern region.

With Anioma in Delta state.

And some part of Edo, Kogi and Benue.

Failure to grant that, we will continue to hold Nigeria by the balls.

You ain’t seen nothing.

Ndi Ala!
nobody will give you anyland other than your present south east, if thats not ok then you people must remain in one Nigeria. Look at who is telling us we aint seen nothing grin. It is you nyamiri that aint seen nothing yet grin grin this your cry of marginalization is just the beginning .How are you holding Nigeria by the balls? how ? Nyamiri people that we have been dealing with, we wont allow you to rule Nigeria and we wont give you Biafra , go and die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by hectorswag(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

You guys should stop saying this thing. I'm Igbo and I want biafra but you shouldn't be saying people should leave their investment. People own properties and businesses in other countries. Igbos can own properties and businesses in Nigeria when Biafra comes
True! But that doesn't mean they can't sell off their properties and businesses too. Because Nigeria will do everything possible to frustrate them by charging exorbitant taxes, tariffs, fees, levies, duties, permits, etc. on anything they own.

It is already difficult to operate a successful business in Nigeria today as a citizen, you can imagine what will happen when they eventually secede. It will be almost impossible to own any business or investment at all in Nigeria as a foreigner because that is what they'll become, foreigners.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Prince001(m): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2021
Emergingnation1:
Best News ever... Yaruba Muslims can continue their joint headslamming with their fulani counterpart in one Nijiara for all we care...grin grin .. E sweet me die... IPOB ride on with your liberation struggling, we are solidly behind you

Just imagine ur tribalism comment gathered so much likes na wowwww. A lot of people still need their to be thoroughly check ooo. All hail Biafra and Yoruba Nation! Stop tribalism!!!!!!!!!
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Penguin2: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2021
EzeAro:

Stop been myopic, it's because of delusional sycophants like you that embarrass Ndigbo with your crass ignorance that I'm beginning to have worry about the Biafran struggle. It would seem you're one of those daft IPOB neophytes that think we need Non-Igbo minorities in Biafra even when it's been resoundingly made clear to you numbskulls by these minority groups that they want to part of Biafra; and why should we even need them? What would the likes of Edo, Kogi and other irrelevant groups you mentioned even contribute to the Igbo nation that we don't already have in abundance? the quintessential Biafra every sane and rational Igbo person should be fighting for is a HOMOGENEOUS IGBO NATION that should ONLY CONSIST of the current 5 SE states, then the Enuani part of Anioma (who have solidly and unapologetically promoted their Igboness and have thankfully not been infected by the identity crisis syndrome like their Ika/Ukwuani COUNTERPARTS) , then our Obigbo kith and kin, the Igbos in Benue state who have been crying and clamoring to be reunited with their Izzi kindreds in Ebonyi, then the Igbos in Kogi... and the Ndoni subgroups in Rivers state who have categorically come out on many occasions to state they are undiluted Igbos. These are the only groups that will make up the Igbo nation, we don't need a make Biafra a poisoned chalice by dragging useless minority groups into the struggle.

Nwannem...

How did what you said up there differ from what I said?

There are Izzi people in Benue who are willing to be part of Biafra. I know this for a fact.

There are Igbo people in Kogi willing to be part Biafra.

Same with the Enuani people of Delta and Ndoni and Obigbo people of Rivers that you mentioned.

The Cross River and Akwa Ibom people have never taken a hard stance against the Biafran struggle except for some politically motivated statements that are usually issued by faceless people.

So I don’t see our point of divergence that made you tackle me.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by hectorswag(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
If any ethnic group successfully leaves Nigeria, that will mark the end of the country because it was never built on equity, justice and fairness.

The biggest beneficiaries of one Nigeria are the core North and South West (chiefly Lagos State). South South are the biggest losers and are always intimidated because they are the minority.
Thank you for this comment!
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2021
McStoic:

You may be right about Edo not being part of Biafra. But are you gonna wish away the old Eastern Region which comprised of many Igbo speaking parts that were unjustly ceded to other states in the south south just to reduce the number and influence of Igbos in the event of any future clamour for Biafran Republic like we are having now? Places like Egbema LGA, Andoni, Etche etc are all Igbo land but were ceded away from old Imo state. Some parts of Delta State likewise, Cross River etc and it continues in other non core Igbo states surrounding the South East.

The fact remains that there are many people from Delta, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Benue states etc who were not only part of the old Biafra but also had their kinsmen fight on the side of Biafra and lost their lives in the war. Hate it or like it, many of them still see themselves as part and parcel of Biafra. The memory of their lost loved ones is still on. So, it will be unjust to wish away that cos you don't like Biafra exceeding the 5 core Igbo states. I say let the fG conduct a referendum in the old Eastern region as a whole, let everyone choose the future they want.

Let's not try and be emotional here my guy. It is what it is!

I am not against Biafra exceeding the 5 Ibo states but let them not try forcing anyone into it using the name referendum.

Ibos are in those regions and will vote as well. The indigenous peoples councils are the ones to decide if they want to be part of Biafra.

For example Ijaw Youth Council decide for the ijaw lands and so on, but that referendum stuff trust me it's not gonna hold.

You might think I don't wish the Ibo nation well but you're wrong, it is what it is.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2021
DOTian:

Nobody is forcing anybody to join anybody but the igbanke Igbo people carved into Edo State by the military are coming with us! Same with every igbo speaking parts of Benue, Kogi and all willing minorities of the East! If you don't like this, you should get ready for war too, because you have no right whatsoever to dictate to Igbo groups or other minorities of the South, where they can be..

I am not dictating, Ibos are free to take them but aside the Igbankes not one inch will be given.

As for war, we born warriors.

A wise man avoid wars
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2021
UCyril:
Some of you talk without verifying issues, have you heard of isobo community in cross rivers state , do you know there are igbo communities in Abi and Yala LGA .pls read about cross rivers state Wikipedia before replying me, igbos don't need you people they only what there people in cross rivers state.

You're either rehearsing the art of madness or your level of intelligence has become too myopic for the good of any decent society.

There are equally pockets of hausa communities in Cross River State. These are core muslims whose existences have been so ingrained into the Cross River society that despite their ability to still retain their patois and customs, they've so become part of the state that it would amount to tantamount disservice or extreme discomfort to coerce them to rejoin the North should disintegration ever be realised. They can however choose to leave and join their ancestral roots if necessity ever demands it. But nothing gives anyone the right to forcefully claim them or their residential lands all in the name of 'tongue, ethnicity or tribe'.

Stop exhibiting tendencies of the same forced unity you're trying to break away from!

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Well said. But if lgbos succeeds in the push Nigeria will definitely disintegrate like former USSR

I am in full support, Nigeria was built on lies and it's time we all go our separate ways.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2021
wink2015:

You are correct with the points you raised.

Igbos want to swallow the minorities in the south south region just because they are blessed with crude oil, seaport,

But they will be disappointed.

They better stick to Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia state.

Any attempt to take over the minorities land and force them into Biafra will be resisted.

The United Nation will not even approve such oppressive acts.

The yorubas did not consider taking over Kwara state, Kogi state and parts of the old mid west region ( Edo )

They just respect themselves by focusing on Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti state, Osun state.

What is the problem with the Igbos?

Exactly my point brother. The UN will definitely carry out properly investigation and consolidation before dividing this country.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by oluwaahmed: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If the present SE wants this, then it as

Oga, ibos have destroyed enough. The truth is that no one wants to associate with the 5 states there. Your wahala too much. A beg, make them quickly let you go in peace. Una wahala too much. See them....dem never go dem wan deh cause another wahala call other people join. Una no fit take care of yourselves? Just causing wahala up and down. Rubbish! grin

As long as there are indigenous igbos In places like igbanke, ahaba, anioma, igbo-etche, obigbo etc. Those people of igbo lands and origin have a right to choose whether their community would go with the Igbo nation or not. This they can do with a plebiscite same way anglophone Cameroon had to choose through a plebiscite wether to remain in Nigerian or join Cameroon. Believe they will choose to go with biafra, not doing so will automatically make them minorities in Nigeria. The government knows that they can't exit igbo without niger-delta (the nigerdelta was the first region to fight for independence before aguiyi ironsi was sent as COAS to crush their rebellion and arrest adana boro)They'll know that if igbos go, the ND will definitely want out, if the nigerdelta goes, the yorubas will also go. Where will they now get their oil and loot from? Or importation taxes from? So the.joke is on you for not seeing that a BEXIT(biafra exit) is a liberation for southerners.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by caleboxylic: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2021
Yeye dey smell. All Igbo land.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by igbosarejews(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2021
valirex:

I am not dictating, Ibos are free to take them but aside the Igbankes not one inch will be given.

As for war, we born warriors.

A wise man avoid wars

So, Tell me which tribe that wasn't born warriors. I'm from Arochukwu and our ancestors are warriors, so keep your braveness inside you. The day a powerful man was born in a land, same as other place.

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Timmi: 11:04am On Oct 26, 2021
Islie:

Totally and completely in support. Since they’ve refused to go, we need the Court to push them away to their five southeastern states. We are tired of these criminal minded people. They’ve drag Nigerians through the mud long enough.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2021
TimeTraveller:
I support this 100%.
I personally want Biafra to be declared so that we can all rest. There's NOTHING the SE brings to the table other than victimhood.

The only condition is that SE indigenes would have to move back to their home states. You can turn Biafra to heaven on earth, nothing will take me there. I will quietly eat amala and enjoy the sights of my rustic brown roofs.

Good man..

If Awolowo had your thinking in 1967...there won't have been any need of this today cheesy cheesy
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Safemoon: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2021
valirex:

This is the problem we keep having with ibos, anytime we think we can make them friends some ibos like you spill rubbish online.

No part of Ẹdo is going to be given out to anybody accept that and have peace else brace up for combat.

I wonder if the last civil war didn't teach some of you a lesson. Tribes in the SS have repeated it severally they don't want to be part of your Biafra. You keep trying to force them, it's just not gonna work.

It's time to start reasoning like an adult and drop your baby antics. Not even your 419 referendum will take place in another man's land. Gosh.

If you go through my last comments on this forum, I have been a strong supporter of the Biafran nation (Igbo nation), but trying to force others to join you is where ibos will make a lot of enemies which is what the Fulani government wants.

Be wise and careful, no man is the strongest, even Israel which the Igbos believe they are related with gave up lands for peace sake.

It's better the Ibo nation start making allies than enemies, and that starts by respecting your neighbours wish.

Ogã no body is forcing anyone.the request is simple and civil.lets there be a referandum which will give our brother the forum to make their choice .
whether to joing us or be on there own this way, we will have it on record when our children ask us why are their cousins left behind.we will be able to tell them that they made their choice .

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by teemy(m): 11:13am On Oct 26, 2021
BKayy:

Take your time, research how the economy of Uganda nose dived to ashes after they chased away the Indian Middle men and how Haiti went from the richest in the Caribbean to the poorest.

The estates used by the Indians in in Uganda is still there inhabited. Till date it is still the most beautiful neighbourhood in the sithole except that it is uninhabited.

After Biafra, you won't be the one chasing but us punishing you by using any means necessary to bring them back to Igboland. All of them.
Like Kampala Uganda, Lagos will be the slum capital of the World

In the town where I stay here, my Igbo friends told me of how some indigenes wanted to chase them away from where they sell their stuff but with good standing with the Iyaloja and the Kabiyesi, that evil plan was never achieved. If you reverse the scenario where they don't have that protection, lots of hard-working people would have suddenly gotten their source of livelihood suddenly cut short.

Every December, Igbo sons and daughters from all over the world travel back home and spend heavily as a way of developing their homelands and in the celebrations of the season. Imagine a good portion of those people without an income? I know the entrepreneurship Igbo spirit will push them to newer grounds but for a good number, things will never be the same again.

For any economy to develop, it needs exports, and in a case where there is a systematic plan to ostracise the Biafran nation by Nigeria, the income of that nation will take a great hit. remember how West African nations were affected when Nigeria recently closed its borders.

At the moment, Igbos are the major importers of goods in the country. They sell to their neighbors around them. Once they leave, it won't be long before someone takes over their functions (Nigeria of today where people are looking for jobs).

Also, the Igbo nation is not a united region. We have the Osu caste system, and there exist lots of communal clashes. Once out of Nigeria, the enemy is no more a faraway 'them' but a nearby 'you', and to what scale would the communal issues be then? At the moment, several people have lost their lives over the sit-at-home issue. How many more do you think will die over town clashes where everyone will want to show domination over the other. The curse of George Orwell's Animal farm is very real and it keeps happening over and over. Sudan of recent.

During the last elections, I was amazed that the greatest opponents to Obi as a vice were actually his own tribesmen and this was very close to elections risking the outcome. My brother, the things that should be done first is building Igbo cohesion and not trying to make every other tribe an enemy. What I see here on Nairaland is not it and certainly not the way to go about it. To have an Igbo President, it will take combining hands together with every other tribe but first, get your house united.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2021
Safemoon:

Ogã no body is forcing anyone.the request is simple and civil.lets there be a referandum which will give our brother the forum to make their choice .
whether to joing us or be on there own this way, we will have it on record when our children ask us why are their cousins left behind.we will be able to tell them that they made their choice .

I am certainly not against your referendum but it can't hold in another man's land
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by ignis: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2021
Please let's go
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by goody2019: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2021
rosechika1994:
I'm from Rivers state, please join us in the suit o, we want to exit from Nigeria.

Liar to the core.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by DOTian: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2021
Positivepoint:

From ur statement shows u people aren't serious. Why former southern region?

Are u people same with them?

Did they participate in ur foolish lockdown?

Did u know or care about dir pain?

Pls stay ur lane.
How can I stay in my lane when you're not interested in your lane?
Are you from there? What's your business there?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Express Road Work In Progress / Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal / Fayose Meets Ayodele Dada Daniel At An Event In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.