Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,216 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria (29816 Views)

2023: Anambra Youth Coalition Asks Obi To Step Down / Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria / Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
nick50:
...we need referendum...biafrans are not claiming the whole of the so called rivers state or delta state..we need our indigenous igbo communities back..u don't expect d likes of ndoni to sit at home wen thier governor is an ikwere man that believes that he is from Benin.. conduct a referendum and u will get d shocker of ur lives ,we don't care if u afonja headslammers choose to remain with fulanis but afonja Christians will be liberated if thier population is bigger than d Muslim terrorists

Clearly ur claimed indigenous igbos in those areas are not with u since they did not show u solidarity on and offline.

They might after all not be in existence or may be they are in a fragment of ur imagination.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by OfoIgbo: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
wink2015:

You are correct with the points you raised.

Igbos want to swallow the minorities in the south south region just because they are blessed with crude oil, seaport,

But they will be disappointed.

They better stick to Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia state.

Any attempt to take over the minorities land and force them into Biafra will be resisted.

The United Nation will not even approve such oppressive acts.

The yorubas did not consider taking over Kwara state, Kogi state and parts of the old mid west region ( Edo )

They just respect themselves by focusing on Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti state, Osun state.

What is the problem with the Igbos?

Igbos will be going with Igbo areas of the SS, after all it was Igbo haters that attached those Igbo areas to non-Igbo SS states.

No Igbo territory will be left out. This includes Ubani and Jaja's Opobo

2 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by DOTian: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Positivepoint:

I dey my lane and u included us in ur madness. Stay with ur shithole south east.
Unity Begging Afonja trespassing as usual. You must join Benin Republic by fire by force..

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
DOTian:

Unity Begging Afonja trespassing as usual. You must join Benin Republic by fire by force..

What ever makes u sleep at night bro but eventually u will have to face the reality ALONE
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Successlane: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
Penguin2:
It’s not Southeast that will be exited alone.

It’s the entire old Eastern region.

With Anioma in Delta state.

And some part of Edo, Kogi and Benue.

Failure to grant that, we will continue to hold Nigeria by the balls.

You ain’t seen nothing.

Ndi Ala!

,,,. and that's exactly why Biafra is DOA -. Dead On Arrival.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by OderaOdesigo: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
Penguin2:

You ain’t seen nothing.

Ndi Ala!

Fake news. Stop deceiving yourself. It will be just 5 states. We keep warning you ndiara people but you won’t listen. Now even more non-Igbos want this Biafra thing to happen. Some of us can see what you cannot see, there is no way the Biafra country will be even as prosperous as Bénin Republic.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Igbos will be going with Igbo areas of the SS, after all it was Igbo haters that attached those Igbo areas to non-Igbo SS states.

No Igbo territory will be left out. This includes Ubani and Jaja's Opobo

Igbo speaking areas are all imagination nothing more.

They show no solidarity to ur cause and have never featured in any media identifying with u.

So ur best bet for u is to go with ur 5 complying sit at home ipob states.

This will guarantee ur Biafra coming true
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by valirex: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
Abagworo:

Since when did your so called Ibo Nation make enemies? Igbo bu oje mba enwe ilo meaning Igbos are explorers without enemies. What the guy above wrote is his view while we all have our own views on every topic of discussion. If there will be an Igbo only country then it has to be just Anioma, Southeast and indisputable Igbo part of Rivers ie Oyigbo and Egbema. Biafra does not represent Igbos and was even given by an Ijaw man.

Ijaws have made it clear they are not Biafrans, respect their wish
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Redcrafton: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
OderaOdesigo:

Fake news. Stop deceiving yourself. It will be just 5 states. We keep warning you ndiara people but you won’t listen. Now even more non-Igbos want this Biafra thing to happen. Some of us can see what you cannot see, there is no way the Biafra country will be even as prosperous as Bénin Republic.

Does it matter...

At least Benin Republic is still providing IDP for your refugees...from SW.

What is the point.?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by OfoIgbo: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Positivepoint:

Igbo speaking areas are all imagination nothing more.

They show no solidarity to ur cause and have never featured in any media identifying with u.

So ur best bet for u is to go with ur 5 complying sit at home ipob states.

This will guarantee ur Biafra coming true

Why do you think some of these Igbos in rivers state want to be housed in Enoa state. Ndoki, Egbema, Etche and Omuma people are campaigning for an Enoa state which will be an Igbo state.
The Aniomas of Delta also seek an Anioma state.

Or maybe you think an Omuma or Etche man will rather be with an Ijaw that has a different language and culture, than with a fellow Igbo-speaking people from the 5 SE states

2 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by julaion: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kinzo0917:
. BUT MOST OF US IGBOS LEAVING IN OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA DONT WANT THIS. WE IGBOS DONT HAVE NATURAL RESOUCES. HOW DO WE SURVIVE? I COME IN PEACE
Illiterate like you,who told you Igbo don't have oil or sea port.....do you know how many Igbo states makes up niger Delta oil producing area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by OfoIgbo: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
DOTian:
The court should hurry up!
And it should be the former Eastern Nigeria not just the South East

Please stop all these EASTERN REGION crap. Only the Igbo-speaking people of the SS,SE and NC will be going.

Every other group should fight for themselves

4 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by RodgersAkpafu: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
Biafrarep:

Don't allow yourself to be deceived by the antics of the enemies. Sometimes we fail to think deeply and consider issues from other people's point of view.

Apart from ikwerre, ogba and ika, the rest other Igbo groups in SS and Benue are pan Igbo in their worldview. Have you really considered that these groups I mentioned, aside ikwere are all minorities in the states and regions they're currently forced in? Since the Biafra war ended, the Nigerian government made Igbophobia a national pass time. We were oppressed and grossly marginalized. It was so bad that some of these Igbo groups at the periphery couldn't help but promote their clans as ethnic nationalities to escape Igbo national stigma.

In the old Rivers State, the Ijaws were dominant and the Nigerian government empowered them to oppress Igboid groups in the state. I once watched a video documentary of one of such Igboid groups complaining to a reporter that their lands have been taken from them and they were being prevented from working in the oil industry. They said when they complain, they were told to go to East Central State!

The same feelings were suffered by other Igboid groups in the Mid West. It was these oppressions that led to the Igbo denial of these people because they felt it was a way for them to survive. The Nigerian government also promoted it to greater heights, "distance yourself from Igbos of East Central State (which is today's SE) and enjoy benefits but stick with them and suffer what they're suffering. Based on that, Igbo communities bearing oil were ceded to Rivers State. Also, in continuation of that policy, Buhari always considered Igbos outside SE for appointment while ignoring those of SE. Minster of state for petroleum, CBN governor, cheif of army staff etc.

However, once it becomes clear that Igbos of SE are going to leave Nigeria by way of UN organized referendum, I can bet you that no Igboid group except probably ikwerre would want to be left behind. The reason is this, all these people bear Igbo names and look like Igbos, and once Igbos vote to leave Nigeria, there would be enormous anger and hostility against Igbos particularly by Northerners and SS minorities especially Ijaws and others would capitalize on it to oppress them. It happened in 1970 and would definitely happen with greater ferocity once Biafra leaves Nigeria.

Even Yorubas wouldn't want to stay in Nigeria anymore once Igbos leave then how much more Igboid groups?

In summary, no one is forcing anyone instead let's allow nature to take its course. Any Igbo from SE begging or trying to coerce Igbos of SS is only doing so out of ignorance. Mark my words today, they are the ones that would beg to join us at the eleventh hour!
I'm not a biafra advocate though
But I appreciate your insights
It validates the psych ops that I spoke about earlier
Hence you have a point
I only spoke on my personal experience
I have even heard the ones from Rivers say that they will chase us away from Port Harcourt undecided

3 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Bighead9: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
Redcrafton:

Stop crying...that's what they are going to find out in the court.

Anambra built an airport in record time...How long will it take the central government?

Anambra and other Eastern States are been spoon fed by North, West and South South States. Cause it's only the East that doesn't contribute anything to the Economy.

Parasites grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by OfoIgbo: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
EzeAro:

That's non-negotiable, no inch of Igbo territory outside of the SE will be left behind in Nigeria when we leave, except the ones with identity crisis who keep grandstanding and dilly-dallying... those ones will be dumped fast like a disease... no time to waste anymore.

You know what time it is.

Jide Ka iji

2 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Penguin2:

You ain’t seen nothing.

Ndi Ala!

The problem is that most of you ipobians do not actually know what the old eastern region is.

1) no part of Edo-state nor Delta-state was part of the old eastern region, but you guys keep repeating that claim as if it were not easily refutable.
2) There are huge parts of the old eastern region which left to Cameroon, are you going to ask Cameroon to give them back ?
3) There are huge parts of the old eastern region which have no "Igbo identity" how is it logical to include them forcefully into your biafra
4)Here is the actual history of Edo-state and Delta-state:

a) they formed the center of a precolonial country called Benin Kingdom
b) after Benin Kingdom lost a war to the British, southern Nigeria was created and Benin Kingdom was added into it and separated into several regions, the lands we now call Delta-state and Edo-state were part of the western region, some other parts of Benin kingdom were added into the eastern region.
c) then the Midwestern region was created: it comprises Edo-State and Delta-state (it was created through referendum)
d) then the Midwestern region was renamed Bendel
e) then Bendel was divided into Edo-State and Delta-state.

Ipob people should spend some time actually learning rather than just showing hate and ignorance.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by DOTian: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Please stop all these EASTERN REGION crap. Only the Igbo-speaking people of the SS,SE and NC will be going.

Every other group should fight for themselves

If you wan to fight for an only Igbo "crap". You can start a movement by yourself and let others follow you! I may even joinnif I see the merits. Right now, I'm not willing to accept the fulani/Yoruba desperate attempt to helm in the igbos into a tiny seat of land they created as Eastern Nigeria and no true Igbo should... You can't stay in the comfort of your beutiful bedroom and be dictating to those in the firing line what to do. It's not done that way. MNK sold the idea of Eastern Nigeria as Biafrans and it caught fire with a lot of people across board. Including folks from the minority areas.

We can't abandon them now that they have contributed reasonably! If you think this is wrong, call fellow minded thinkers and form your own movement. Maybe it will resonate with the people too. But untill then, this is the fight we have choosen. A fight for a separate homeland for all the indigenous people of Biafra as they were in 1966! If any of the group wants to join the Fulani in Guinea or the Yorubas in Sewoto, they surely can indicate and will be encouraged to do so. Nothing is forced! Until then. A coalition of the willing subsists...

2 Likes

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by DOTian: 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
Positivepoint:

What ever makes u sleep at night bro but eventually u will have to face the reality ALONE
You should be more preoccupied with how you can make Ilorin join you in Afonjaistan...

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Koga51: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
valirex:

This is the problem we keep having with ibos, anytime we think we can make them friends some ibos like you spill rubbish online.

No part of Ẹdo is going to be given out to anybody accept that and have peace else brace up for combat.

I wonder if the last civil war didn't teach some of you a lesson. Tribes in the SS have repeated it severally they don't want to be part of your Biafra. You keep trying to force them, it's just not gonna work.

It's time to start reasoning like an adult and drop your baby antics. Not even your 419 referendum will take place in another man's land. Gosh.

If you go through my last comments on this forum, I have been a strong supporter of the Biafran nation (Igbo nation), but trying to force others to join you is where ibos will make a lot of enemies which is what the Fulani government wants.

Be wise and careful, no man is the strongest, even Israel which the Igbos believe they are related with gave up lands for peace sake.

It's better the Ibo nation start making allies than enemies, and that starts by respecting your neighbours wish.

Oga there are Ika communities in Edo State which speak the Ika language which is linguistically related to Igbo language. Communities like Igbanke. Those Ika communities will not be part of Nigeria if Biafra materializes and other Ika communities in Delta decide to go with them. Igbanke will definitely be where other Ika communities are.

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
Let me make this clear: no part of Delta-state or Edo-State is clamouring to join Biafra nor would join Biafra !
It is only people in the southeast whom have made themselves spokespersons of whomever speaks a language arbitrarily judged to be close to that of some south-easterners, it is only those south-easterners who keep claiming parts of Edo-state and Delta-state.

My ipob friends, look in the south-south, only imo state might join your Biafra and I am not sure they would even want to.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
Some people from the southeast keep claiming Igbanke to be Igbo, well here is the response of the Igbanke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWMkzgfdk
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
I am Anioma and I proudly state this: I am a subject of the Oba of Benin and my ancestors were loyal subjects of the Oba of Benin, Benin is our heart and soul. We are not osus.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Zooposki(f): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Koga51: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
Truthvalue2:
Some people from the southeast keep claiming Igbanke to be Igbo, well here is the response of the Igbanke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWMkzgfdk

Have you bothered to find out why Benin language isn't spoken in Igbanke? If you claim they. Are binis, why is it that Ika language is the language spoken throughout Igbanke and not bini? The so called oligies were known as Eze before it was changed by the state bini dominated powers that be to enogie
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
ipobians, stop claiming people and their lands, let them claim you, that is how a true agitation goes. You guys are looking more like Hitler and his nazies while you believe you look like Martin Luther king.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
Koga51:

The so called oligies were known as Eze before it was changed by the state bini dominated powers that be to enogie

Prove your claim above.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by chrisvic007: 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
Penguin2:

You ain’t seen nothing.

Ndi Ala!

In which ways are you "holding Nigeria by the balls" sir?. By killing your people?

Personally, I awaited the day the Igbo nationality would cease to be part of Nigeria. That is a sacred truth.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
Koga51:

Have you bothered to find out why Benin language isn't spoken in Igbanke? If you claim they. Are binis, why is it that Ika language is the language spoken throughout Igbanke and not bini?

Benin kingdom had several languages spoken by the Edo people, one of those languages is Ika, and all Ika were part of Benin.
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
chrisvic007:

In which ways are you "holding Nigeria by the balls" sir?. By killing your people?

Personally, I awaited the day the Igbo nationality would cease to be part of Nigeria. That is a sacred truth.

Igbos have personality disorder, the moment you tell them they can go, they start making claims on an other man's land, which in turn stops them from leaving:

just like when a tenant pleads for the bail to be trashed and to be allowed to leave, the minute you agree, he says he will only leave if you grant him your car, your TV, your carpet and some of the walls and some pocket money.

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by ariesbull: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
valirex:

I am not dictating, Ibos are free to take them but aside the Igbankes not one inch will be given.

As for war, we born warriors.

A wise man avoid wars

Born warriors you lost gelegele

Born warriors benin surrendered to biafran forces in 24hrs

Born warriors king was exiled

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Positivepoint(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
DOTian:

You should be more preoccupied with how you can make Ilorin join you in Afonjaistan...
ALONE
Re: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
UCyril:
As usual it will always result to insult when the truth is told, 1, who created cross rivers state and were all the ethnic groups consulted. Allow the igbo groups in cross rivers state to decide for themselves through referendum if they says otherwise so be it. People like you are not even smart, do you know that if the igbo groups in Nigeria leaves, Nigeria will save alot of money to develop other region like your state, there will be no more federal allocation in those area. Mind you igbos contribute nothing to the economy, they ve no oil. Lol

See why it's often important to pay attention while conversing with others? In the process of trying to make me seem unintelligent, you ended up exposing the extent of your folly. Thank you for eventually dancing to my rhythm. Don't lump people into your Biafra because you're trying to tap from their resources and seeking routes to assess the open seas. Give room for freedom of association, the very point I've been hammering on.

And FYI, should the Igbos leave, the South South region will follow suit, so you and your One Nigeria can develop yourselves with whatever resources you possess. Iranu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ambode Replaces 58-year Old Transformer In Palmgroove - Photos / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / PDP Reacts To Arrest Of Senator Rafiu Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.