Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134815 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by nwakaibe(m): 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2011
smiley smiley smiley happy for all peeps who desire to build their own houses. Dangote has crashed cement price to 1350 for Obajana and Gboko. I am hearing 1500 for Lagos and PH. grin grin grin grin
The news will break on Monday. With the money builders will pay me to stop rain, i will hire spyder and brabus to build me a nice mansion for rain making cool cool cool
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by nwakaibe(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
smiley smiley smiley happy for all peeps who desire to build their own houses. Dangote has crashed cement price to 1350 for Obajana and Gboko. I am hearing 1500 for Lagos and PH. grin grin grin grin
The news will break on Monday. With the money builders will pay me to stop rain, i will hire spyder and brabus to build me a nice mansion for rain making cool cool cool
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Olaisrich(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2011
happy for all peeps who desire to build their own houses. Dangote has crashed cement price to 1350 for Obajana and Gboko. I am hearing 1500 for Lagos and PH.
The news will break on Monday. With the money builders will pay me to stop rain, i will hire spyder and brabus to build me a nice mansion for rain making

is this information real? pls let somebody confirm it!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2011
Please pardon my ignorance oh . . . I thought Nigeria often uses the hollow bricks, why using this one, any advantage to it and what are the cost effectiveness?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Please pardon my ignorance oh . . . I thought Nigeria often uses the hollow bricks, why using this one, any advantage to it and what are the cost effectiveness?

I was expecting this question sir,
First is that we use both the hollowed and non hollow blocks to build our houses and both work just fine. From my own thread, I argued that I used the solid blocks because of a few advantages,

The added protection it offers (nobody can break into your house using a sledge hammer while your door is locked)
The wastage it prevents as mortar will not be lost inside the hollows.
The concrete it saves as you do the German floor, lintels and decking.

If not for 6'' solid blocks, I will be using 9'' hollow blocks which is even cheaper to produce. I always explain these points to my clients and allow them to choose the one they prefer.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Jul 02, 2011
Some picture update from today.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:10am On Jul 03, 2011
spyder880:

I was expecting this question sir,
First is that we use both the hollowed and non hollow blocks to build our houses and both work just fine. From my own thread, I argued that I used the solid blocks because of a few advantages,

The added protection it offers (nobody can break into your house using a sledge hammer while your door is locked)
The concrete it saves as you do the German floor, lintels and decking.

If not for 6'' solid blocks, I will be using 9'' hollow blocks which is even cheaper to produce. I always explain these points to my clients and allow them to choose the one they prefer.

Thank you to much for the detailed explanation . . . . Now i do understand why and sounds like a good plan
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by lookmangiw(m): 3:42am On Jul 03, 2011
Hi Spyder,I will love to ask some questions concerning this project,, firstly do you have a programme of work for this project,if you do,whats the project duration? what type of foundation are you planning to use? and what type of building are you constructing?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Jul 03, 2011
@ lookmangi,
My program for this project is laid out but may not be followed to the letter because of the location of this project vis a vis the logistic issues. I planned to do this work by 2 months but it all depends on a lot of other things like weather, this foundation will be the standard type, concrete blinding, baskets and 6" deeper column bases.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2011
I have over 12 pictures waiting to be uploaded, the setting out, digging and iron works in pictures but my network connection is snail slow. I hope to upload these by tomorrow morning.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2011
2 Months!!! You need to be a lot faster, bro. Does the 2 month include decking, roofing, plastering and finishing. Your client must be a Legislator.

Nice work!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2011
picture updates

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2011
digging pictures

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2011
digging

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2011
making sure we get the square right

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2011
as the iron bender was doing his own on the side

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
roll of binding wire for tying the rods

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2011
more foundation

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2011
neat angles grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
more foundation

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2011
the iron works are ready

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2011
pillar rods and baskets, not your shopping baskets o! grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2011
there was this log of wood that was blocking the site, so heavy but the guys were up to the challenge.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2011
due to the sloped nature of this land, we are going to cut the foundation in steps so the whole thing will come out level.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2011
the rooms are emerging

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2011
just joking, but this land already has a natural concrete blinding, you cannot touch this soil with a shovel. You must first dig with a pick axe before pacing the gravels with a shovel. But we shall do the blinding still, this is like casting concrete on concrete grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
wall recess

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by gtrust: 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2011

I thought the 'hollow' was meant to be filled with mortar to increase binding and strength
and also to prevent someone breaking into your house with a sledge hammer when the door
is looked! (and there wouldn't be a space for snake etc to hide if done properly)
I might be wrong!

Great Job!
Love your dedication and honesty. wink
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
gtrust:

I thought the 'hollow' was meant to be filled with mortar to increase binding and strength
and also to prevent someone breaking into your house with a sledge hammer when the door
is looked! (and there wouldn't be a space for snake etc to hide if done properly)
I might be wrong!

Great Job!
Love your dedication and honesty. wink

Can you just imagine the quantity of mortar that will be needed to fill up all the whole hollows if you want it all filled, bros you will need like an additional 50 bags of cement to do that type of filling with mortar, e no easy o grin
Thank you my man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.